PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Feel About Elixirs?

Raazesk
06-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Is it cheating?
I don't use them. I have a few times, but I fell like I'm cheating.
What do you think? What is your opinion about using elixirs?

Thanks for the opinions everyone, I appreciate them!

Valsacar
06-01-2011, 05:18 PM
It's an option, purposefully, given to you by the game designers, how could that possibly be cheating?

Gluttony
06-01-2011, 05:24 PM
I personally never used them until the grind to 56, and haven't used them since. I don't feel it's cheating but rather paying for performance. I've heard arguments about it's not cool for a pure dex bird with their massive amounts of DPS to use a melee elixir because they get all the kills. I imagine a player trying to protect a spectacular kdr can use a tanker elixir to promote survivability. It's all up to what you're willing to pay for imo. Whenever I read about an exploit for any console RPG the general consensus is that if it's left in the game then it's completely legal to use. From infinite xp exploits to skipping entire portions of the game, if the devs didn't stop it from happening before the released then it's fair game. Now the devs seems to nerf any exploits that come to light so get your fill before the patch, but elixirs are part of the game so take advantage.

Arterra
06-01-2011, 05:33 PM
since now there are no more x3 elixirs for gold, i feel better about them. they are gold sinks, and we need gold sinks.

Raazesk
06-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Thanks everyone, your opinions are very enlightening. I may start using elixers now. . .

Kraze
06-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Personally I don't like the xp one. Even on the 56 grind (it is called a persistence crown for a reason) but I don't hold any grudges for the people that do use them. IMO the problem they create is that there are way too many high level chars that have no clue how to use their toon. Just my experience.

Whirlzap
06-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Elixirs-A short Poem by Whirlz da whirlz
Elixirs:
Use or snooze ya lose
Den u be pro like me
And go blowupfiretraplikeparth u see
And go newb trapping
Till they go a change-mapping
Woot
Look i can loot
Lv55 customs
So look at me shoes n dust em
Dis poem is wrote bye
Whirlzap not bill nye
The whirl guy

Zeus
06-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Elixirs-A short Poem by Whirlz da whirlz
Elixirs:
Use or snooze ya lose
Den u be pro like me
And go blowupfiretraplikeparth u see
And go newb trapping
Till they go a change-mapping
Woot
Look i can loot
Lv55 customs
So look at me shoes n dust em
Dis poem is wrote bye
Whirlzap not bill nye
The whirl guy

LOL! I knew you like running with me :). As for you inviting me, I was kind AFK in Balefort. Whenever I'm in Balefort, 80 percent of the time, I'm AFK. Just to let you know :).

NeoQueen
06-01-2011, 08:01 PM
I don't view it is as cheating. To me it's just another aspect of game play.

As for using the elixir on the grind to 56...it is still a grind of persistence. Even using elixirs that is a long road to take.

Orcish
06-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Since anyone can purchase elixirs, I can't see this as cheating by any means, however I always tell ppl to take their time and learn the game. IMO there isn't much end game content (yet) so when you've reached lvl 55-56 you end up being bored unless you decided to collect sets, lvl another toon, pvp, etc.

Zeus
06-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Well... I love elixirs. Feel like I'm on a constant sugar high. For example. I did a one hour run continuous with 30 minute 3x elixirs. Got almost 8k xp on my bear with almost 2k kills. Rofl.

Raazesk
06-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Thanks again for the responses everyone!
lol great poem Whirlzap