PDA

View Full Version : STS gonna fix medium cakes?

Lastmind
11-14-2015, 05:01 PM
Is the current situation good or bad? People make money, prices start to increase(inflation), but is this all that good for our economy?
I do not have the answers. It looks fine at the moment and people are very active since this event started.

What are your thoughts?

Pillowhead
11-14-2015, 06:01 PM
This is the only good thing that has happened (IMO), in like a half year, please let me have this moment -_- zzz

Befs
11-14-2015, 06:27 PM
Is the current situation good or bad? People make money, prices start to increase(inflation), but is this all that good for our economy?
I do not have the answers. It looks fine at the moment and people are very active since this event started.

What are your thoughts?

You must mean we need more money per bag?

;)

Bluebatthing
11-14-2015, 06:29 PM
Please don't ruin the only good thing about this event.

Arachnophobik
11-14-2015, 06:33 PM
Laissez faire. The world will fix itself in time. Always be selfish of the things that benefit you, its how you succeed.

Ebezaanec
11-14-2015, 07:35 PM
That's not how MMOs work!

First we have to abuse the system without care, then we complain about currency inflation later!

Lastmind
11-14-2015, 07:38 PM
That's not how MMOs work!

First we have to abuse the system without care, then we complain about currency inflation later!
Hahaha,
well most apparently want to exploit the design of the event...
Making money is good and all, but I am mostly crafting instead of actually playing. This is not really what I understand as fun.

But ok, may you all become rich and wealthy mates!

Oursizes
11-14-2015, 08:01 PM
So just because you dont want to suffer the grind, you want to ruin others' money making? This is the one good thing we got in almost a year, please don't ruin it for us...

Arrowz
11-14-2015, 08:20 PM

What are your thoughts?

will there be slight inflation? most likely yes. But considering lots of people will have more gold to spend, and more things they can buy, overall it will probably benefit the economy because money will be circulating better than it has been in awhile. And this will be nothing like the inflation caused the plat farmers

Lastmind
11-14-2015, 08:24 PM
So just because you dont want to suffer the grind, you want to ruin others' money making? This is the one good thing we got in almost a year, please don't ruin it for us...
I do not want to ruin anything to anyone. I just asked what could be the best for everyone and I said that I do not know the answer.

Oursizes
11-14-2015, 08:28 PM

What are your thoughts?

This is good, because finally some of those who held 20mil in stash will use gold so it can spread more and more people can afford other items also.

epicrrr
11-14-2015, 09:05 PM
Time of festivities that comes in a bluemoon. This is good to ramp up the price of some items.

Schnitzel
11-14-2015, 09:40 PM
I'm liking the inflation. I can finally say that I'm able to make money efficiently without having to sell any of my stuff

Cheif
11-14-2015, 11:00 PM
Usually inflation is bad but its about time gold becomes valuable again

Energizeric
11-15-2015, 12:18 AM
Usually inflation is bad but its about time gold becomes valuable again

Last I checked, inflation makes gold become LESS valuable.

That said, I think we needed a bit of inflation at this time as prices have been dropping on pretty much everything for months.

wowdah
11-15-2015, 12:59 AM
The problem is that the economy runs the risk of hyperinflation , so those who don't utilize this medium cakes quirk will essentially lose out by a lot, and will probably be unable to get that Nekro egg or Arcane ring.

Arrowz
11-15-2015, 01:47 AM
Prices will stablize in a few weeks anyways once everybody spends all their gold

Dexcell
11-15-2015, 02:03 AM
Time to shut our gaps and not share secrets anymore.. :D

Kakashis
11-15-2015, 03:25 AM
What's there not to like? If 5k isn't people's thing, there's also the larger jewel cakes! People are having fun farming and selling these for a pretty penny, and others are buying and popping with guildies! Gold transfer from rich to poor and also lots of new gold into the economy. You know what's not good for the economy? 1m gold Arcane pets.

Froxanthar
11-15-2015, 03:26 AM
Oh look! Theres a guy made golds from medium cake and then decide to make a thread about it.

Just joking. Happy Birthday AL. Best event for 2015.

Shackler
11-15-2015, 05:17 AM
why you dont want people make money and make a thread about this on forums?

Starkinea
11-15-2015, 05:32 AM
Regardless of my opinion on the matter, what makes it hilarious, is that people that complain on this thread continue to bump it up hehe

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Mucsi
11-15-2015, 06:53 AM
You may have millions, I don't have millions, I need millions too, shut up and don't take my money!

Order
11-15-2015, 08:08 AM
Ohhhh another player will ruin our dreams? Dont he?

Jazzi
11-15-2015, 08:24 AM
Firstly lol@all the people unhappy with the Original Poster and bumping his thread. Way to go people. Since now it is too late and I know for a fact that a number of "top" players have reported this issue via pms anyway here are some thoughts:

1. Do u actually realise that the effect of this is the same as the plat farming last year, just on a much wider scale but for a shorter time? How long did it take to fix the effects of plat farming? Almost an year.
2. Inflation might be desirable at the moment as prices went super low, but some items are now 2-3 times more expensive than they were on Friday morning. This is in 2 days. What do u think will happen till Thursday?
3. I know for a fact that some players were able to "create" 15+ million a day. Are u sure u can keep up with that? If u can't u are the one who is at a disadvantage here.
4. What about all the people who can't play this weekend or during the whole week?

Respective:

Farming 1 million per day during this event is a very very reasonable goal. One literally needs 1 hour of wt4 farming, 4-5 alts and 1,5 hours to hop between toons, craft and pop the cakes. So that is 1 m per 2,5 hours. What do u think will happen with the prices when everyone has 7 million in a week?

In economic terms your wealth is not being measured in the number of currency units u have, but in your purchasing power (what and how much you can buy with your currency). There is not difference in wealth if u have 1 m or 7 m of the said currency of the same goods go 1m and respectively 7m based on the value of the currency.

In economics there are so called "lag effects", which is the time it takes for the change of a variable to kick in and impact the economy. What we see now is only the beginning. There is no way to say how things will look in 4-5 days or in 1-2 weeks, as there are other variables to be considered (e.g. popping of locked) and the increase of the currency amount is just the lead-lag effect.

Jazzi
11-15-2015, 08:28 AM
It is good cuz weekday crowd can also farm this :3

What if STS wanted this to happen

If they wanted, then all is good and this thread and the reports of the "top" players are irrelevant :)

reiewaun
11-15-2015, 09:18 AM
We go back on stone age with this event I l don't like that everyone will be all to have anything he wants in 1 day 4m in 2 days wtf thanks takes me a month to do at least nekro price up and at least I don't lose gold

Arrowz
11-15-2015, 09:41 AM
We go back on stone age with this event I l don't like that everyone will be all to have anything he wants in 1 day 4m in 2 days wtf thanks takes me a month to do at least nekro price up and at least I don't lose gold

so you can get anything with 2m by your reasoning. could not be further from the truth

Befs
11-15-2015, 10:12 AM
It is good cuz weekday crowd can also farm this :3

What if STS wanted this to happen

*insert brace yourself winter is coming GoT meme*

Inflation is coming edit\^_^/

nelson131
11-15-2015, 10:21 AM
It should be hyperinflation. Inflation usually doesnt exceed 10percent. What we're seeing is 200-300%inflation. That's hyperinflation in anyone's book. If this doesnt get fixed on sts's next workday, we sure to face serious issues.

Jazzi
11-15-2015, 10:32 AM
It should be hyperinflation. Inflation usually doesnt exceed 10percent. What we're seeing is 200-300%inflation. That's hyperinflation in anyone's book. If this doesnt get fixed on sts's next workday, we sure to face serious issues.

10% is galloping inflation. 50%+ per month (in the real world) is hyperinflation. We have 100% per day as of now ;)

Lastmind
11-15-2015, 10:56 AM
Funny how people think I personally take stuff away from them, lol.
I think this thread is important.
People should stop making arguments for their own benefit...

This event is only for a limited time, but the flow of arcanes will continue and things might even out over time. Just an idea.
When I started the thread there were signs for an inflation and it was mostly speculation, but 24 hours later it seems obvious, some even speak from hyperinflation.

Untung
11-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Market will fixed by it self in times. Relax and just enjoy the game for now.

epicrrr
11-15-2015, 01:07 PM
Market will fixed by it self in times. Relax and just enjoy the game for now.

Very true.

*puts on economist hat*

Unlike plat farm disaster inflation reached a whoooping 100m per item, it even breached the max gold on trade so that should tell you something. (because some were able to acquire that much gold)

This IMHO wont cause economic woe whatsoever or will affect it small to be noticed, arcane eggs are moving, heck a lot of items are being passed down that should keep hoarders happy and eggs/items being actually used.

ClumsyCactus
11-15-2015, 01:21 PM
Funny how people think I personally take stuff away from them, lol.
I think this thread is important.
People should stop making arguments for their own benefit...

This event is only for a limited time, but the flow of arcanes will continue and things might even out over time. Just an idea.
When I started the thread there were signs for an inflation and it was mostly speculation, but 24 hours later it seems obvious, some even speak from hyperinflation.

I Don't mind some inflation at all when you can be maxed out and have the coolest pets and vanities for under 25 mill.
But by now sts should probably do something about it.

Oursizes
11-15-2015, 03:21 PM
Once the event ends and people start spending gold again, prices will slowly go back down. The reason prices are up is because more people can make gold in a shorter time instead of only rogues farming arena, or farming 15 days for an arcane ring.

xRyuzanki
11-15-2015, 05:11 PM
There will be a inflation but I think it will not become long . why ?
Because All the Vanities / Gears are not consumable.
When the event is finished , The farmers will do their routine again
And because of inflation , some players are eager to farm some Items .

Trojan2100
11-15-2015, 07:22 PM
"It looks fine at the moment" why bother posting?
Sounds like to me your not happy about everyone making some gold.

Jazzi
11-15-2015, 08:32 PM

Please refer to me previous post in this thread. Read it several times if u have to. Give it some thought. If u still seem to be thinking the same post again ;)

Ebezaanec
11-15-2015, 10:02 PM

1. Player has 1m and Nekro is 3m

2. Player farms event and gets 2m. Too bad, Nekro is like 6m now.

3. Player proceeds to eat cake in his/her bathtub.

Oursizes
11-15-2015, 10:17 PM

More like around 5m, but the ratio is pretty close if not the same, so for the time being there is really no "hyperinflation".

Schnitzel
11-16-2015, 12:02 AM

*checks price on Nekro*
*looks at amount of gold I have*
*proceeds to eat cake*

foreveryoung
11-16-2015, 01:14 AM
Do not disturb my MEDIUM CAKE or else i will ....

zerofort
11-16-2015, 01:54 AM
How could any one co pair this to plat farming and keep a straight face? Do you know where most the money from this event is co ing from??? Lol you think its the 5k from medium cakes?? Lmao... its from players that have millions and want weak gems. Do you understand what im saying???? Meaning majority of the gold people are getting gold that was already in the game except what your seeing its being dispersed at a large rate. This will end when event ends. So whats the harm the rich players pay others to farm cakes for them and they get jewls. Just chill and enjoy the birthday event its supposed to be a special whort event.

Zeus
11-16-2015, 01:55 AM
Firstly lol@all the people unhappy with the Original Poster and bumping his thread. Way to go people. Since now it is too late and I know for a fact that a number of "top" players have reported this issue via pms anyway here are some thoughts:

1. Do u actually realise that the effect of this is the same as the plat farming last year, just on a much wider scale but for a shorter time? How long did it take to fix the effects of plat farming? Almost an year.
2. Inflation might be desirable at the moment as prices went super low, but some items are now 2-3 times more expensive than they were on Friday morning. This is in 2 days. What do u think will happen till Thursday?
3. I know for a fact that some players were able to "create" 15+ million a day. Are u sure u can keep up with that? If u can't u are the one who is at a disadvantage here.
4. What about all the people who can't play this weekend or during the whole week?

Respective:

Farming 1 million per day during this event is a very very reasonable goal. One literally needs 1 hour of wt4 farming, 4-5 alts and 1,5 hours to hop between toons, craft and pop the cakes. So that is 1 m per 2,5 hours. What do u think will happen with the prices when everyone has 7 million in a week?

In economic terms your wealth is not being measured in the number of currency units u have, but in your purchasing power (what and how much you can buy with your currency). There is not difference in wealth if u have 1 m or 7 m of the said currency of the same goods go 1m and respectively 7m based on the value of the currency.

In economics there are so called "lag effects", which is the time it takes for the change of a variable to kick in and impact the economy. What we see now is only the beginning. There is no way to say how things will look in 4-5 days or in 1-2 weeks, as there are other variables to be considered (e.g. popping of locked) and the increase of the currency amount is just the lead-lag effect.

This post entirely. I have to be forced to do it just to make sure that my buying power with my current gold is not reduced. Please, end this and stop this hyperinflation. It's nuts!

Unless, of course...if you want people like me selling enchanted eyes for 5M a piece, 3 eye rings for 20M a piece, and fervor bows for 40M a piece. Up to the community, but the gold you are making right now is entirely worthless for the most part. The inflation that is happening and will continue happening will drive the price of the items that you will purchase with that gold up infinitely.

Zeus
11-16-2015, 01:58 AM

Good luck trying to explain economics...lol!

1. 1 para ring was 7M before event.

2. 1 para ring is now 12M mid event.

3. 1 para ring after event will be 15m+

Gold that most people made will not be enough to account for this hyperinflation. In order to profit from this event, you MUST beat the rate of inflation and then at that point you are earning gold. Otherwise, your buying power is the same (best case scenario) or worse than it used to be.

zerofort
11-16-2015, 02:04 AM
Yes that is the price during the event would you like to bet in one month prices will be more or less the same?

Sky_is_epicgear
11-16-2015, 02:06 AM
I know for a fact that some players were able to "create" 15+ million a day. Are u sure u can keep up with that? If u can't u are the one who is at a disadvantage here.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/2c3728efedab63a3013d75df6c94584b.jpg

Zeus
11-16-2015, 02:09 AM
Yes that is the price during the event would you like to bet in one month prices will be more or less the same?

Plat farming gold took a year before prices reached low and plat farming gold was depleted (a lot still exists). This current method is released to every single player in the game...platinum farming was only known by a few hundred players. So, to deplete these gold reserves...it will take an equal amount of time.

Lets put in perspective...I know of someone who has made 100M in pure profit off of this. If I so wanted, I could do the same. However, I prefer helping guildies out too so I open in parties with them. It's enough to beat the rate of inflation which is all I am really looking for. There is more than 2-3 dozen players who have each farmed upwards of 30-40M. There are hundreds of players who have farmed 10-20M. There are thousands of players who farmed 1-9M. Stop for a second to think of the extent of damage we will be looking at the next few months.

The ONLY ones who benefit from this are the ones who've made 20M or more. Everybody else loses, and I do mean everybody. You may not believe me now, but come back to this post in a month and see how accurate it is.

Zeus
11-16-2015, 02:12 AM
This method of making gold is so OP that even the duplication scammer packed his bags and started opening medium cakes...

Tell me, who's seen the duplication scammer since the event? Where do you think he is and what do you think he is doing? :rolleyes:

zerofort
11-16-2015, 02:18 AM
Well i have thought about it thanks to your well put wording:) and you do have a point. I just hope im right that thangs will resume as they were b4 the event when th3 event end. And if your right :( ouch

Midievalmodel
11-16-2015, 02:25 AM
Plat farming gold took a year before prices reached low and plat farming gold was depleted (a lot still exists). This current method is released to every single player in the game...platinum farming was only known by a few hundred players. So, to deplete these gold reserves...it will take an equal amount of time.

Lets put in perspective...I know of someone who has made 100M in pure profit off of this. If I so wanted, I could do the same. However, I prefer helping guildies out too so I open in parties with them. It's enough to beat the rate of inflation which is all I am really looking for. There is more than 2-3 dozen players who have each farmed upwards of 30-40M. There are hundreds of players who have farmed 10-20M. There are thousands of players who farmed 1-9M. Stop for a second to think of the extent of damage we will be looking at the next few months.

The ONLY ones who benefit from this are the ones who've made 20M or more. Everybody else loses, and I do mean everybody. You may not believe me now, but come back to this post in a month and see how accurate it is.

I agree with you whole heartedly. Unfortunately when i try to explain the negative long lasting effects this may have on the game to people in my own guild they tend to brush it off and say this benefits everyone and is good for the game..... What a short sighted way to look at things.

zerofort
11-16-2015, 02:28 AM
Lol midi i just said to guild what zues said cuz ive been hearing prices will go back down. After thinking about it im kinda worried atm

Lastmind
11-16-2015, 02:35 AM
How could any one co pair this to plat farming and keep a straight face? Do you know where most the money from this event is co ing from??? Lol you think its the 5k from medium cakes?? Lmao... its from players that have millions and want weak gems. Do you understand what im saying???? Meaning majority of the gold people are getting gold that was already in the game except what your seeing its being dispersed at a large rate. This will end when event ends. So whats the harm the rich players pay others to farm cakes for them and they get jewls. Just chill and enjoy the birthday event its supposed to be a special whort event.
On the jewel point, it is not true. The jewel prices are already back to normal for over 18 hours and the prices of everything else still increases.
If this would be true, then everything should have become more expensive at the Rengol launch, while Rengol Crates were 30-45k and gold circulated immensely between the high plat spenders and the rest.

These examples negate your point. I see from your posts after that u changed ur mind, but just wanted to point this out for people who come to read this later.

zerofort
11-16-2015, 02:48 AM
People are pricing items at very high prices but are as many people buying those items.most people ik are not buying atm. And the reason for the jewls is becouse people are geting many of them and people are buying many of them. The 2 prices in this case that are true are jews and cakes cuz people are farming cqkes people are buying cakes and geting jewsl and selling. So tell me how im mistaken please look at how long those overpriced items sit in the ah well jewls and cakes are selling like hot cakes wich proves my point.....

Lastmind
11-16-2015, 02:58 AM
People are pricing items at very high prices but are as many people buying those items.most people ik are not buying atm. And the reason for the jewls is becouse people are geting many of them and people are buying many of them. The 2 prices in this case that are true are jews and cakes cuz people are farming cqkes people are buying cakes and geting jewsl and selling. So tell me how im mistaken please look at how long those overpriced items sit in the ah well jewls and cakes are selling like hot cakes wich proves my point.....
Cakes are automatically pricy because they have guaranteed gold rewards. They are actually so high in demand that people buy them for 15k and more just for the small cake it gives.
Jewel prices go high not only because people buy it or gold looses his value. The price went down because of the Large cakes in the first place. Since almost everyone switched to opening/selling medium cakes, the supply of jewels went down. In combination with the other factors before this price is explainable I actually believe that jewels will go up in price even more and people will start buying cakes for 16+.

But that is not the point. The point is, for inflation/ the devaluation of gold/ basically the increase of prices, there has to come NEW gold into the market. Circulating gold is very helpful for the market to keep prices stable and STS did a great job on that with the crates recently. Lower tier players were able to actually make deals with high end players because the ones farmed them and the other needed them. It lets the fold in the market circulate in a good way for everyone, because everyone is part of the cycle. The lower players earn gold and are able to spend it, therefore keeping prices stable.
It is simply not true that items do not get bought feom auction. All the current prices are a result of the old offers on the auction being sold already. Where are all the 3.5m nekros? The 1.5m maridos'? The 2.5m bars and arcane rings? Sold. If items were not being sold the auction would be full of arcanes, but compared to before the event they are quite empty.

zerofort
11-16-2015, 03:07 AM
Umm lastmind do you know how much gold is already in the game becouse of the plat farming long ago? More then you or i know i can tell you that. The reason you dont see this gold is becouse of the simpke rule the rich get richer well uk the rest. Inflation of price is becouse of the mass dispersal of this gold im not sure what your saying im wrong about? Many people have made millions by farming cakes and selling and the rich buying. Yes there is new gold being introduced aswell as the gold that was here being moved of coarse both are true! I dont understand why you dont think players that have 200 million or more are spending millions

Pillowhead
11-16-2015, 04:44 AM
Calm down everyone, just go with the flow and enjoy the game.

zerofort
11-16-2015, 05:01 AM
Might aswell :))))

Potato is me
11-16-2015, 06:37 AM
For those haters and lovers, just lol, i dont think sts will be so silly to unintentionally 'ruin' the economy by intentionally telling us we can definitely get 3x 15k gold and 1x small cake in medium cakes in the event thread, we are playing their game, they are the boss and they are showing us that, so for players like us, lets just play with the flow and keep our feelings to ourselves

Oursizes
11-16-2015, 06:50 AM

Let me guess, they open with 3 other alts of theirs in a party? So you agree that theyre basically abusing this and cheating in a way of sort?

Potato is me
11-16-2015, 07:06 AM

He asked if u would like to bet, why not both of u bet on 500m ? XD

KingMartin
11-16-2015, 08:11 AM
Let's assume that I play 12 hours a day, I farm and craft 40 mediums an hour (try it, almost impossible) and that I yield 15.000 from every cake.

3 days x 12 hours x 40 x 15,000 = 21,600,000 if I am not mistaken. How does that correspond with 50+M?

I should maybe add that I don't use autobuy and crafting bots and macros. Also, I open cakes with guildies. I assume the former is the key, as usual.

Arrowz
11-16-2015, 08:17 AM
Let's assume that I play 12 hours a day, I farm and craft 40 mediums an hour (try it, almost impossible) and that I yield 15.000 from every cake.

3 days x 12 hours x 40 x 15,000 = 21,600,000 if I am not mistaken. How does that correspond with 50+M?

I should maybe add that I don't use autobuy and crafting bots and macros. Also, I open cakes with guildies. I assume the former is the key, as usual.

I agree

And this would require 16 different accounts crafting non stop with 0 time taken into account for trading between characters. So even that number is an overestimate. And how many players are actually capable of this? Not many

Arrowz
11-16-2015, 08:19 AM
Everyone will spend once their money, prices will stabilize in a few weeks, btw, here's the time of Plat players, open some lockeds and sell arcanes for high. I don't have problem with this.. Only lazy ppl have problem with that "issue" if we can calling this an issue.. Lol

This exactly. 2-3 days of medium cake popping will not cause long lasting inflation. Anybody thinking it will is insane. Wait a month til the next plat sale once many people have spent their gold. LMAO@comparing this to platfarming.

Jazzi
11-16-2015, 08:24 AM
This exactly. 2-3 days of medium cake popping will not cause long lasting inflation. Anybody thinking it will is insane. Wait a month til the next plat sale once many people have spent their gold. LMAO@comparing this to platfarming.

Sigh,

I implore u to reread all posts and think about them. It is not the same as plat farming, but the effect is the same. And yes it is only for a short time, but the scale on which it is done is much wider: literally everyone does it. Spending the gold doesnt change anything as it is still in the economy and in circulation. Just the plat spenders who practically produce the goods will have more gold. All in all the current situation is worst for F2P players in the long run.

Arrowz
11-16-2015, 08:28 AM
Sigh,

I implore u to reread all posts and think about them. It is not the same as plat farming, but the effect is the same. And yes it is only for a short time, but the scale on which it is done is much wider: literally everyone does it. Spending the gold doesnt change anything as it is still in the economy and in circulation. Just the plat spenders who practically produce the goods will have more gold. All in all the current situation is worst for F2P players in the long run.

Ive read every post. Considering platfarming caused items to be over 100m, this is nothing like the effect of platfarming. Anybody who fails to understand that simple concept isnt worth my time arguing with.

Jazzi
11-16-2015, 08:38 AM
Ive read every post. Considering platfarming caused items to be over 100m, this is nothing like the effect of platfarming. Anybody who fails to understand that simple concept isnt worth my time arguing with.

Sigh,

I was trying to be nice. Sadly now u went blazing insults. Anyway there are many variables u don't consider when u talk about the 100 m items. I won't try to help u any more. Gl :)

seriouzbizz
11-16-2015, 08:41 AM
woot finnaly i dont have 3 gold in my inventory for once

Ticklish
11-16-2015, 08:51 AM
The only people who will TRULY benefit from this are the ones who already have EVERYTHING they need. Because whatever gold they earn is now a surplus. Others who still have yet to buy an arcane pet or ring, a mythic weapon, jewels and gems, fangs---would be affected from this inflation. Notice that the price of jewels remain the same despite the influx from large cakes. The demand for them also increased because people no longer think using jewels is out of their budget's reach. In the end, everyone who is looking to improve their character will still spend the same or more gold than they have earned.

Zeus
11-16-2015, 09:33 AM

People are crafting and opening...? You can just spam buy from AH and earn 1M in 20 mins...

Kriticality
11-16-2015, 09:49 AM
Considering you buy 100 chests in 15 minutes and open 100 of those in 5 mins,at 5k profit per chest.

It is still 500k profit unless you are buying chests for 12k and selling small cakes for 7k. Even if you did all of these the AH would run out of medium cakes in 1 hour of you buying the medium cakes.

#ExaggerationExaggerated

100?? I'm in parties where people are spam opening 300+ at a time. I see I've received 5000 gold for 5 minutes afterward lol

KingMartin
11-16-2015, 10:03 AM
People are crafting and opening...? You can just spam buy from AH and earn 1M in 20 mins...

Sorry, I thought this event was about crafting and opening cakes. Next time I may keep Sendkey script ready because no mortal can buy the cakes now, competing with scripts. At least yesterday it was so.

Zeus
11-16-2015, 10:10 AM
Sorry, I thought this event was about crafting and opening cakes. Next time I may keep Sendkey script ready because no mortal can buy the cakes now, competing with scripts. At least yesterday it was so.

I buy them without using a script...pick up around 300 in 20 minutes or less.

@Avik

The AH doesn't run out...I've bought over 2000 mediums yesterday. The amount of gold made is simply crazy...and would be even crazier if I did it alone.

Anasinator
11-16-2015, 10:12 AM
The only people who will TRULY benefit from this are the ones who already have EVERYTHING they need. Because whatever gold they earn is now a surplus. Others who still have yet to buy an arcane pet or ring, a mythic weapon, jewels and gems, fangs---would be affected from this inflation. Notice that the price of jewels remain the same despite the influx from large cakes. The demand for them also increased because people no longer think using jewels is out of their budget's reach. In the end, everyone who is looking to improve their character will still spend the same or more gold than they have earned.

I agree with you. I am farming like crazy just to stay in game. People who didn't have the time to farm during this week are going to suffer from the inflation.

Untung
11-16-2015, 10:16 AM
How can you make millions only by buy from auction if the price of medium cakes are 15k (+-500)?

Zeus
11-16-2015, 10:25 AM
How can you make millions only by buy from auction if the price of medium cakes are 15k (+-500)?

Small cakes - 3-4k each. Buy 300 mediums in 20 mins. Account for 20 mins of time to open, 10 mins to pass back everything, 10 minutes to sell and that's 1.2M profit roughly every hour.

Starkinea
11-16-2015, 10:40 AM
I miss times when you had to actually farm , craft and open chestes/cakes/eggs ect for FUN
Tell me please, is it fun to stay day and night in cs? this is what MMO made for? i read here some comments and try to find some sence, but find it too hard
I tried to buy a missing cake for my craft- i stood in cs for 5 mins till i managed to actually buy it....cause every freaking time, even bottom listed items, were unavailiable.
I'm very proud of some players that managed to make some millions with real grinding, craftind and (OMG!) opening cakes in real party with guildies!
I really love this community, but sometimes it makes me wonder why i'm still here lolz
Good luck with your 1000000millions

Zeus
11-16-2015, 10:46 AM
Most people end up buying them for 16k and popping for 2-3k profit from auction, the ones who do spend trying to buy the cakes for 14500+/-500 realise they spend more time trying to "purchase fail"'ing than earning gold.

@zeus mediums are constantly around the 600-700 mark in auc, if someone did buy 100 smalls from auc in 10 minutes hats off to them considering you also help your friends opening cakes that's 20 mins set aside just for the party to pop. Wouldn't you say 500k-1m profit per hour if you are using one char at a time and buying mediums for 14-5k or smalls for 3-4k.

Would you like a video on it...? Or would you like to stand and watch me buy? I accounted the helping friends part into the equation when I said it's 1.2M per hour.

In fact, after this post, I just made a solo party to prove my point...I bought 150 in 6 and a half minutes, then finished opening and selling them 17 minutes later.

Jazzi
11-16-2015, 10:59 AM
Would you like a video on it...? Or would you like to stand and watch me buy? I accounted the helping friends part into the equation when I said it's 1.2M per hour.

In fact, after this post, I just made a solo party to prove my point...I bought 150 in 6 and a half minutes, then finished opening and selling them 17 minutes later.

???? So botting is ok in this game? I just presumed it weren't as in other games? There is absolutely no way to buy that many medium in what much time. In fact it is almost impossible to buy any atm due to the number of bots camping cs.

I really want to know if botting is not against ToS. And if it is why aren't those bots getting banned

debitmandiri
11-16-2015, 11:01 AM
Small cakes - 3-4k each. Buy 300 mediums in 20 mins. Account for 20 mins of time to open, 10 mins to pass back everything, 10 minutes to sell and that's 1.2M profit roughly every hour.

It works only if u owned all the toons right ?....coz only 1 plyr received small cake, it needs 4 devices, unfortunately most of us dont have 4 devices to play AL .-.

Zeus
11-16-2015, 11:09 AM
???? So botting is ok in this game? I just presumed it weren't as in other games? There is absolutely no way to buy that many medium in what much time. In fact it is almost impossible to buy any atm due to the number of bots camping cs.

I really want to know if botting is not against ToS. And if it is why aren't those bots getting banned

It's not botting...you pick up the smallest button distance to screen ratio device you own (a phone in most cases) and buy the cakes...

I just did 153 again. I started at 7:48AM and was finished selling everything by 8:08AM. That's 600k in 20 minutes work. My point is...people are going to do it until it's stopped for: 1. Either to make money to buy gear. OR 2. Insure that the inflation is not making their current gold worth less.

If you don't believe me, list a bunch of medium cakes on AH. I should be able to buy a good amount of them.

However, the answer to your question is: Yes, people can bot it but it's really not necessary to do in order to pull off huge figures of gold earned.

Upperbound
11-16-2015, 11:10 AM
There are few ways to make money from this event, some are very OP, I will describe, maybe STS will fix it before its too far:

- Farm slices and craft medium cakes, open with friends or sell at CS for 14-15k. If you open you can have small cakes which you can sell for 3-4k at CS or use to craft more mediums
It's not very OP because you need time to craft but still 1-2m/day or so. I do that way and made 2m casually so far during this weekend (not played much).

- Buy small cakes from CS for 3-4k then craft mediums and open with friends or sell at CS, extra small cakes if you open could be also sold or used to crafting:
It's nor very OP too, you don't need to farm, profit is still 1-2m/day or so

- And the most OP way which will cause huge inflation and reduce most players pay-ability like Zeus said:
- Buy medium cakes from CS and use several devices/accounts to open it in party:
You will get all small cakes in return which you could sell at CS for 3-4k each.
For example:
- you have 1.5m and buy 100 mediums at CS for 15k each
- you distribute these cakes between 4 accounts, 25 cakes for each
- you make party for all accounts and open cakes
- you get 1.5m back plus 100 small cakes which you could sell for 300-400k
If you buy 300 mediums you will get 900-1.2m like Zeus said.
All these steps could be made within a hour.
Thats how this is exploited and it MUST BE STOPPED ASAP

Also, Its hillarious how AL is vulnerable to exploits like this.
As a software engeneer I am just curious why STS doesn't have such a simple things:
- monitoring system which will track overall GOLD amount ingame
- alert trigger which will warn support engineers that something went wrong
- support team responsible to deal with such situation (stop server, fast fix, etc)
I wonder how long the economic will repair after this exploit... And after weekend of exploiting STILL NO REACTION FROM STS.

Oursizes
11-16-2015, 11:14 AM
It works only if u owned all the toons right ?....coz only 1 plyr received small cake, it needs 4 devices, unfortunately most of us dont have 4 devices to play AL .-.

Yes. And zeus has more than 3 devices i believe, so he can cheat his way to riches.

Zeus
11-16-2015, 11:16 AM
Yes. And zeus has more than 3 devices i believe, so he can cheat his way to riches.

I have close to 17 devices, but...I have been opening with friends. If you don't believe me, ask friends like Terrorshock, Msceo, Spell/Lia, Papaflex, Temzy, Frynoodlez, Elementeye, Saveds, Evangelioni, Love and others. I prefer opening with friends rather than using multiple devices.

I did, however, use multiple devices to do 353 cakes (exactly) to prove my point on this subject today morning, for the sake of raw numbers.

debitmandiri
11-16-2015, 11:18 AM
Brb buying more phone.......... :wink:

Zylx
11-16-2015, 11:30 AM
I know, im being a lousy killjoy, but if there's an exploit that really only benefits chrome users and the rich people who have 4 devices, well then its not fair if it drastically affects the economy in such a way that it beats everyone else down into a deep, dark, cold submission where they're forced to work even harder to catch up with the exploiters. And then to those of you who are abusing it and scamming people claiming to offer three alts to collect the gold and "redistribute them to the opener", that's pushing it. Even though I'm retired, it still fires me up that you guys are taking advantage of everyone else. So, speaking for those who are playing honestly, those who dont have more than one device to play on, those who dont use chrome, and those who otherwise havent found the exploit, STS please do something before the damage gets too great and negatively affects everyone else who's not as fortunate as the abusers.

Zeus
11-16-2015, 11:32 AM
I know, im being a lousy killjoy, but if there's an exploit that really only benefits chrome users and the rich people who have 4 devices, well then its not fair if it drastically affects the economy in such a way that it beats everyone else down into a deep, dark, cold submission where they're forced to work even harder to catch up with the exploiters. And then to those of you who are abusing it and scamming people claiming to offer three alts to collect the gold and "redistribute them to the opener", that's pushing it. Even though I'm retired, it still fires me up that you guys are taking advantage of everyone else. So, speaking for those who are playing honestly, those who dont have more than one device to play on, those who dont use chrome, and those who otherwise havent found the exploit, STS please do something before the damage gets too great and negatively affects everyone else who's not as fortunate as the abusers.

Agreed...I'd like to stop ASAP as I'm getting pretty tired of having to compete with the inflation rate...

Perspective:

Friend just got a 25M bid on a 3 para ring, something that was worth 13M last week. This is when potential buyers are still spamming as well. We won't see the real inflation until after the event is done and people stop spamming medium cakes.

Anyona
11-16-2015, 11:33 AM
Agreed...I'd like to stop ASAP as I'm getting pretty tired of having to compete with the inflation rate...

Perspective:

Friend just got a 25M bid on a 3 para ring, something that was worth 13M last week. This is when potential buyers are still spamming as well. We won't see the real inflation until after the event is done and people stop spamming medium cakes.

So you have made a large amount of gold and now you want the gold payout to be removed... Hmm

debitmandiri
11-16-2015, 11:35 AM
Too late 10000000000000000 millions have already injected to the system

Jazzi
11-16-2015, 11:35 AM

Perspective:

Yes the true inflation will only make an appearance when people stop making gold and return to buying items.

Zeus
11-16-2015, 11:36 AM
So you have made a large amount of gold and now you want the gold payout to be removed... Hmm

No, the amount of gold I've made is almost exactly matching the inflation rate. Rings went up 12M? I've made 15M. I want to make it clear that I'm not looking to make any more than what keeps my current buying power the same as it was before.

Arkiouj
11-16-2015, 11:52 AM
Yes this needs to be fixed asap... just as soon as I've sold my items lol. Really though I've seen alot of arguments also about this medium cake bs.

Zeus
11-16-2015, 11:53 AM
The rational thing to do what would be stop, no one is forcing you to farm gold.

The sane thing to do would be to keep farming.

Asking a nerf or as OP called it "fix" seems like you now want others nott to farm gold because your weekday schedule is crowded. This come across to me like me wanting events to be released at 9 am for my time zone because then I can spend more time farming the event when prices.

If you don't do it...any gold that you had before is seriously devalued and you cannot buy what you used to. Sorry, that's a huge issue for anyone...

I'm actually far more active on the weekdays than the weekends...you can ask anyone in guild about this. :p

Zylx
11-16-2015, 11:54 AM
The rational thing to do what would be stop, no one is forcing you to farm gold.

The sane thing to do would be to keep farming.

Asking a nerf or as OP called it "fix" seems like you now want others nott to farm gold because your weekday schedule is crowded. This come across to me like me wanting events to be released at 9 am for my time zone because then I can spend more time farming the event when prices.

We're talking about a fix for an exploit. Especially since the exploit literally depends on what device a player is using. It's really not fair for everyone else who is unable to do the exploit, and it negatively affects the economy, especially in the near future. Saying it's okay for a select group of people to get an uneeded advantage over everyone simply because they exploited something that should've never happened is quite selfish and foolish. Circumstance should never be a punishment.

Sfubi
11-16-2015, 12:03 PM
1) I play AL
2) I play on 2 devices
3) I am envious of people with 3 to 4 devices
4) I am a big girl and refuse to cry unfair someone has more than me.

Zylx
11-16-2015, 12:17 PM
1) I play AL
2) I play on 2 devices
3) I am envious of people with 3 to 4 devices
4) I am a big girl and refuse to cry unfair someone has more than me.

Wait till a few months from now when the economy is still sputtering trying to recover. The problem isn't people having more, the problem is overpriced junk that less-fortunate people need to work harder to obtain due to a past-exploit.

Zeus
11-16-2015, 12:26 PM
You stand corrected then because you first stated it was 1m in 20 mins and now it's 1.2m in an hour,

Obviously market has hit its zenith and its crashing.

Originally, when this started...it was 1m in 20 minutes. It's now 1.2M in 1 hour. However, it's still much higher any other farming method that exists...before, 1 hour of farming would = 200-300k.

Zeus
11-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Yes I know I was one of the few smart enough to sell mediums for 15k and buy larges for 18k before people got smart.

What exactly is your point? My point is that this is bad for the economy and as much as I hate doing it, I have to in order to insure that my buying power is the same as last week. I really don't understand why people put the blame on me...I've been doing it the fair way, opening amongst friends. The only time I used a PC is to prove my point in an above post.

Titanium
11-16-2015, 12:30 PM
I know many people will not agree with my post. But i don't like the idea mythic weapons for this level cap to cost 1.5m. I mean what the hell ? Inflation won't do any harm for the time being. STS did a lot brainstorming and thought about how sneaky we can be with those medium chests before they released them to live. I think that was their intetion. Our items to cost more than yesterday.

The inflation has a good part and a bad part. Like everything released live. I could be disadvantaged and you could win or I could advantaged and you can lose.

Just how it always was with the market.

Zeus
11-16-2015, 12:31 PM
What makes you think this is an exploit?

Are STS a bunch of nincompoops who added chests which drop exactly 15k for 3 ppl? Or grand cakes which are meant for 5 people but have the best profit? Or large cakes which have an exorbitant chance of jewels?

There is no negative for this, if you look at it the right way, all your items are increasing in price, soon new mythics and Arcane pets will be a lot more, massives will sell for a lot more. So will rengol locks, so will spider locks so will any future locks. Since we the happy budday farmers have a lot of gold, new resource tier items like fangs, jewels, locks, candy bars or such will sell for a lot more. It's not a select group of people who are profiting. It's STS and the game, since this is making the economy rich, more gold to circulate, gold which is spread out evenly and not in the 5-10% crème de la crème of the economy(all the rogues rich from arena farming, all the people hoarding vanities and eyes and paras).

This is nott an "uneeded" advantage, and you someone who has three(or so, sorry lost count)threads in sunsets and happy trails coupled with a SIG which implies(implies being the key word) of you nott being active has every right to say so, nott.

This is an event which will see all the current items sky rocket in price and new items having a juicy gold price on them.

Edit: I think I should add this bit in, I haven't opened more than a 100 cakes since Sunday due to internet being broken.

It causes higher prices for everyone, while everyone is not able to benefit from the event. That is Zylx's post, and he's entirely correct. The inflation is fine IF everybody is able to participate.

However, Zylx, I must add that I've been doing it all weekend with trusted friends. If you have one device, that option IS available.

Jexetta
11-16-2015, 12:32 PM
For those that think this won't affect them, if you don't play more than the average user during this event farming hard, your money is depreciating at an incredible rate.

Please imagine gasoline costing $2.00 before the weekend at a station, then going to the station to fill up your automobile in 3 days and it costing $6.00. As for me, I feel like I'm only treading water even though I've played way too much over the weekend.

ClumsyCactus
11-16-2015, 12:39 PM
Being 4 people in a party everyone opening 10 medium cakes= 150k
Opening 10 cakes yourself with 3 alts around you: 150k
It is not even dependant on having several accounts or chrome if you do it the easy way.

The party don't even have to be trusted that much if you take turns and open at a small scale, like 10 crates at a time, since you can clearly see in your gold amount when they have done enough.

Kakashis
11-16-2015, 12:46 PM
Being 4 people in a party everyone opening 10 medium cakes= 150k
Opening 10 cakes yourself with 3 alts around you: 150k
It is not even dependant on having several accounts or chrome if you do it the easy way.

The party don't even have to be trusted that much if you take turns and open at a small scale, like 10 crates at a time, since you can clearly see in your gold amount when they have done enough.

We've been farming and opening the cakes as intended in our guild and this event is really nice. It's true items that used to cost 1m are now 2-3, but the players who didn't even have 1m before now have 5-10m. Buying power has gone to the lower side of the economy which I think is good! I don't get why people are that upset! At the end of the day, this new found gold will go to the plat spenders who are the source of new items in the game. The only people affected are those who don't participate at all. It's no different from any other event that gold was possible to make.

I bought medium cakes off some players that were trying to get off their feet. I make the gold back with guildies and then some. Ultimately the gold was intended from STS, the distribution seems to be more of the issue here. Making the cakes untradable may solve current issues without undermining STS's intent.

Jazzi
11-16-2015, 12:50 PM
We've been farming and opening the cakes as intended in our guild and this event is really nice. It's true items that used to cost 1m are now 2-3, but the players who didn't even have 1m before now have 5-10m. Buying power has gone to the lower side of the economy which I think is good! I don't get why people are that upset! At the end of the day, this new found gold will go to the plat spenders who are the source of new items in the game. The only people affected are those who don't participate at all. It's no different from any other event that gold was possible to make.

I bought medium cakes off some players that were trying to get off their feet. I make the gold back with guildies and then some. Ultimately the gold was intended from STS, the distribution seems to be more of the issue here. Making the cakes untradable may solve current issues without undermining STS's intent.

If everyone is a millionaire, nobody is rich. Yes those who invested 10+ hours in the game in the last 4 days are better off than before. Those who didnt are much worse off. The new players who will start playing in the next days, weeks and months are also much worse off, than they would have been last week. Thus diminishing the chance to keep them. This is how I see it

Kingofdevilz
11-16-2015, 12:55 PM
The world is full of whinners :)

Ceuidear
11-16-2015, 12:56 PM
Poping up cakes with 4 members pt by each player opening 10 cakes to earn 150K doesnt seem to have any sort of difference while a player sells it individually for 15K each & earning 150K by selling 10 cakes only profit he receives is that he can avoid the fees of listing those cakes to sell. But the player will surely be in 99.99% risk if he is intending to open those cakes with unknown or untrusted persons expecting his part of share in gold that he has to receive.
I truely admit that this is an profitable event for poor players to earn some gold with less effort. I myself made around 1.5M just by selling medium cakes.

Bluebatthing
11-16-2015, 01:01 PM
....... Making the cakes untradable may solve current issues without undermining STS's intent.

I'm partial to this idea, it forces players to actually play the event. However, when you really think about it, if people aren't buying medium cakes from the CS, gold isn't circulating, it's only being injected into the economy by the ones who farm.

Make it untradable AND lower the drop rate of cake slices.

Jexetta
11-16-2015, 01:12 PM
The world is full of whinners :)

The world is full of people trying to help those with less, while those with less insist the people trying to help them are actually hurting them and 'whining'

Zeus
11-16-2015, 01:15 PM
The world is full of people trying to help those with less, while those with less insist the people trying to help them are actually hurting them and 'whining'

This hit the nail on the head...lol. Whatever money these players think they're making is nothing when compared to the amount the most experienced at this are making. And, at the end of the day, whatever money people have made most likely won't be enough to combat the new increased inflation. Only those who made upwards of 30m+ will be reaping those benefits.

Untung
11-16-2015, 01:29 PM
What ever is it, at least now some players can buy vanity from Sir Spendalot that in "normal condition" near imposible, not only you rich players want open achievement you know. Make mayor game community "happy" is Dev supposed to be, not only for few people. So what ever market crash or economy fall, as long as players happy and keep playing, keep paying, all is well. Have fun and enjoy the game, may the auction house be with you :witless: .

Arcanedragon
11-16-2015, 02:08 PM
Not just chrome users and players with 4 devices are benefiting. Anyone who can take their time to farm/merch can benefit greatly from this event. Please don't change this. These cakes are a money-making opportunity for the poor, every cake tier has a chance to make money if you do it right(large,medium,small,grand), its just that mediums have the best profit. The event ends in 3 days anyways.

Thrindal
11-16-2015, 02:26 PM
The problem with inflation is that it doesn't make people rich, it moves the bar for what rich is so folks become poor if they don't participate and their gold is worth less.

I am not a plat farmer and I can't play enough in an honest way to keep up. I'm trying but I am losing ground quickly. I am one of those players that can play more during the week then the weekend so I am in catchup mode.

galihbrahima
11-16-2015, 02:31 PM
Finally

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30HC using Tapatalk

Magemagix
11-16-2015, 02:33 PM
So will the price of vials nd locls increase after event?

Killian229
11-16-2015, 02:34 PM
More players farming GOLD=drop in prices.add some Vanities that only are around only for a while people start to freak out on the demand for these items.once this event is done and the chance for these items is gone,our stock will be in Vanities(stg wants this and so do we.).grands should go for 30k.in the end,alot of gold will be "gone" (not really it is just invested.)the way a game works.think,no events or anything(like our pets)to take away our excess gold and this game would be broken.enjoy what you get from this event(gold,friends, Vanities ect) and watch everything go back to "normal" in 10days as we await our next event to keep the servers up and the gold off the street.it's a good thing all around.Promise.

Arcanedragon
11-16-2015, 02:38 PM
Lol more gold= HIGHER prices not lower.

Zylx
11-16-2015, 02:44 PM
Woohoo! Fixed! What's done is done, and hopefully the honest players will have a chance to catch up soon.

Thread closed.

Zeus
11-16-2015, 02:49 PM
Here is a list of points why what you want isn't feasible:

1) it has been announced till Thursday(this event), changing the date will make the people who have taken the time to make time in their schedule for this event angry(with an underline, people say using bold and underline makes u seem rage-y).
2) changing the rates would be considered nerfing, nerfing never goes well.
3) this was meant by STS, do you nott see how they added 5k for 3 players a piece? To make the economy richer, not just the players.

Here is what according to me, are the positive points of this event:
>addition of jewels into the system without the values of jewel depreciatimg thereby rewarding all the players invested in jewels(speaking as someone who started jeweling gear 1-2 months ago)
>more people logging in to get "gold rich".
>more gold flowing into the economy, will mean locks and all those f2p obtainable items players are farming will be worth a lot more
>gold circulates,if AL is taking an f2p direction it will be only right the gold is plated out evenly. Or somewhat evenly knowing fully well people have 50-300m banks and will leave no leaf unturned when it comes to throwing around statements about their gold or how their gold came into their pocket. 50-300m on some people and 1-10m on 500 times the amount of people with 50-300m.
> winter is coming.

I guess it was feasible.

Seoratrek
11-16-2015, 04:42 PM
Let's avoid the name calling and insults. If you haven't seen it already, Remiem posted about the medium cakes here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?276671-Regarding-Today-s-Change-to-Medium-Cakes

Hi everyone! As you know, today we published an update to decrease the payout of the Medium Birthday Cakes. Our intention for these cakes was for players to share with friends and spread the joy and spirit of giving to celebrate this big milestone in the history of Arcane Legends. Unfortunately, we saw this exploited by a few players. For this reason we made the decision to reduce the payout of the Medium Cakes and to allow the event to continue because we know most players are having fun partaking in the spirit of the celebration just as we hoped.

It's important to know that we came to the decision to change the gold drop amount based on internal data we have, not based any forum posts or private messages. Please remember to keep the forums a clean, constructive, and friendly place. It's a birthday party, after all!