PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to STS

Bameely
11-16-2015, 02:54 PM
In my entire gaming life this is the FIRST game I experienced where dev/GM keep changing their game/event mechanics HALFWAY THRU EVENT.

Its unprofessional and making yr players lose faith & respect. It's not making the STS brand name good seriously.

*Time for reflection*

jotesah
11-16-2015, 03:06 PM
True, so true! Poor people would never reach 1-2m like the players with platinum.... ty sts for ruined the event. Nice .....

Bameely
11-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Well..if they want 500..put 500 from start. Whatever game rules u set - follow it. Usually it's the case of gamers following Dev's game rules/mechanics.

But here at STS its different. Feels like they can be manipulated either by some "preferential" players, or by players' ranting - too often.

Fixing bugs and flip-flopping on game mechanics is different.

Ascents
11-16-2015, 03:28 PM
Supporting this, one intelligent person in the community. Let's see some more?

Vixenne
11-16-2015, 04:02 PM
You have my support as well :) Finally someone who uses his brain properly instead of just plain ol' crying.

Justg
11-16-2015, 04:03 PM
Clearly it was a bug and an exploit. Everyone knew it.

We changed it so that we could minimize the damage to the economy. It may not be the most popular solution, but it is the healthiest thing for the game in the long run.

mesalin
11-16-2015, 04:07 PM
I wasn't even online since like week or two but what they did... Omg.
Its not fair
Support

<Forgiveness>

Ardbeg
11-16-2015, 04:26 PM

We changed it so that we could minimize the damage to the economy. It may not be the most popular solution, but it is the healthiest thing for the game in the long run.

we knew it couldn t stay that way and it was rightfully reverted before the economy is trashed once more. what i don t get is this: the pinata/shaman effigies mechanic is around for a while now and people were using it to collect orc tags since day one. how could this not be expected?

easter and lovecraft event already showed how to bring great loot and earnings for farmers and now the jewel loot is the right way to bring extra goodies imho.

oneazeli
11-16-2015, 04:27 PM
I don't think it will be reverted but yes a short 1 hr notice would have been better. Integrity is important aspect of the game. I didn't have many meds but read a sad post of a guy who hadnt opened a single cake waiting for his friends.

Schnitzel
11-16-2015, 05:24 PM
I'm going to have to back STS on this one.
They released the content with the original intent of partying with friends, having fun, celebrating AL's 3rd BDay,
I'm guessing STS doesn't have any psychics who could predict that people would exploit this with multiple devices.

I'd say to STS, in the future, make sure to think of all possible exploits before you release content

Skvll
11-16-2015, 08:41 PM

How is it clearly a bug if sts "clearly" said medium cakes gives "5000" in their announcement? Seems like a broken promise type of situation....

Bameely
11-16-2015, 08:44 PM
If this is a bug from start instead of an after-thought bug, so be it (though it's kinda hard to believe it). Like what Ruizhe said - think of all possible exploits, troubleshoot content before you release.

There were in past instances where content was changed halfway not becos of bug but other factors (players' rant, sts mind-changed etc).

This is a good game and I just want to find some faith back and not always wondering if things will change halfway each time something is release.

Thanks for reading dev.

eugene9707
11-16-2015, 09:36 PM
I'm going to have to back STS on this one.
They released the content with the original intent of partying with friends, having fun, celebrating AL's 3rd BDay,
I'm guessing STS doesn't have any psychics who could predict that people would exploit this with multiple devices.

I'd say to STS, in the future, make sure to think of all possible exploits before you release content

just a question though .... what's the difference between opening yourself and open with friends ?
I would argue it's even faster to open with friends then self.
For example, if takes 1 hr to make 25 medium cake , so in the time it takes 1 person to make 25 cake, the group of 4 have 100 cake.

The group of 4 spend the same amount time farming and crafting as the person doing solo, but gained 375k each instead of 125k for the person doing it solo.

Skvll
11-16-2015, 10:05 PM
just a question though .... what's the difference between opening yourself and open with friends ?
For example, if takes 1 hr to make 25 medium cake , so in the time it takes 1 person to make 25 cake, the group of 4 have 100 cake.

The group of 4 spend the same amount time farming and crafting as the person doing solo, but gained 375k each instead of 125k for the person doing it solo.

I agree with you, I thought we was suppose to open the medium cakes and recieve what sts told us we would recieve so how is this exploiting if we was doing what we was allowed to do?
But to sts don't tell us things to later take it away from us...Happy 3rd birthday.

Ckash
11-16-2015, 10:23 PM
I miss it already.

Bameely
11-16-2015, 10:29 PM
If I'm not wrong it's because some players have many devices. They form their own toon party to open cakes. They get all the gold + small cakes. They then can craft again using the small cakes or sell for more gold. These people don't farm, they don't craft.

Zeus mentioned about some bots out there too. Basically bots just don't play the game. They don't farm, they don't craft. Just programmed to do something.

eugene9707
11-16-2015, 10:31 PM
If I'm not wrong it's because some players have many devices. They form their own toon party to open cakes. They get all the gold + small cakes. They then can craft again using the small cakes or sell for more gold. These people don't farm, they don't craft.

Zeus mentioned about some bots out there too. Basically bots just don't play the game. They don't farm, they don't craft. Just programmed to do something.
but if you think about what i mentioned above, even for buying, i'm sure 4 people buying is faster than 1 person buying (multi device or not)

Bameely
11-16-2015, 10:40 PM
but if you think about what i mentioned above, even for buying, i'm sure 4 people buying is faster than 1 person buying (multi device or not)

seriously - idk. So far I've only done it the 'proper' way - farm, craft, open with friends.

I supposed some bots heavily exploited the medium cakes. These r the one who most probably are hoarders of good stuff. Cos these r the ones who are most probably the richest of the rich. And becos of these people, STS instead of banning these bots/exploiters - decides to pull a stint n everyone suffers. Including legit players who farm diligently, craft diligently and open the cakes with friends or guildies.

That's when everyone starts to rant. And won't be surprised that the 'exploiters' themselves requested or wants a stop to this after exploiting it from the start - they make enuff and wants a stop to prevent others from making same.

eugene9707
11-16-2015, 10:49 PM
seriously - idk. So far I've only done it the 'proper' way - farm, craft, open with friends.

I supposed some bots heavily exploited the medium cakes. These r the one who most probably are hoarders of good stuff. Cos these r the ones who are most probably the richest of the rich. And becos of these people, STS instead of banning these bots/exploiters - decides to pull a stint n everyone suffers. Including legit players who farm diligently, craft diligently and open the cakes with friends or guildies.

That's when everyone starts to rant. And won't be surprised that the 'exploiters' themselves requested or wants a stop to this after exploiting it from the start - they make enuff and wants a stop to prevent others from making same.

Maybe i'm wrong, but i have a feeling the issue isnt just bots alone. i have friends who farm and buys cake, and they made a millions just by opening together (the "proper way")

Im guessing sts just didn't expect us to farm soo many cake and underestimated the community's farming ability... and now they realized that too much gold have been added into the game due to this

Schnitzel
11-16-2015, 11:08 PM

From what I heard, people were using their many devices, and opening cakes while in a party with their other accounts, then transferring all the gold to their main account.
Opening with friends states that you open with your friends, and each person gets something, and not all the gold/rewards go to only one person

eugene9707
11-17-2015, 08:43 AM
From what I heard, people were using their many devices, and opening cakes while in a party with their other accounts, then transferring all the gold to their main account.
Opening with friends states that you open with your friends, and each person gets something, and not all the gold/rewards go to only one person

But again, back to my first post, what's the difference? 30for yourself (150k) and you and your friends open 10 each (still 150k)

Schnitzel
11-17-2015, 10:12 PM
But again, back to my first post, what's the difference? 30for yourself (150k) and you and your friends open 10 each (still 150k)

I don't think you understood what I wrote.

I meant that if you got 150k opening on alts, and traded it to yourself, you get 150 k.
But if you open the same amount of cakes (just you, no one else opening them), everyone gets a "slice of the cake", meaning everyone gets a part of the gold reward.
And not all the gold is going to one person.

Bameely
11-17-2015, 10:33 PM
Cos opening of the mediums cakes also grant random cakes ?

Errorrz
11-17-2015, 11:00 PM
until when the poor will continue to be poor ? they are also trying to find a lot of gold to make a lot of runs . they may buy a lot of internet pass them to find a lot of gold in the arcane legends. This is very frustrating as they may have to spend a lot of money but they can not reach their target .

eugene9707
11-18-2015, 06:56 PM
I don't think you understood what I wrote.

I meant that if you got 150k opening on alts, and traded it to yourself, you get 150 k.
But if you open the same amount of cakes (just you, no one else opening them), everyone gets a "slice of the cake", meaning everyone gets a part of the gold reward.
And not all the gold is going to one person.

yes that's true.... but generally people who knows what they are doing does it with friends (all open same amount) and get the most benefit for all of them as well.

idk, i still think they are more or less them same either 4 people open for them self or opening them together... probably feels different(like you said, each gets a slice of cake), but it's the same result

Earlingstad
11-18-2015, 11:53 PM

I agree it was an exploit but why was this not thought about prior to releasing the event and not after? Why did it take so long? We landed up in a situation where some people cheated and went way ahead of the rest in terms of amassing gold.

These 'blunder' and 'fix' rituals that occur with every new event has created an economic gap again between a few and the majority. Sts was doing a good job of reducing this gap with gold sinks and new features. It reminds one of the Myth of Sisyphus.

Yes it is a fix that was needed for the survival of the game. But for future events, simple exploits like this one (even kids could guess this exploit) would be avoided hopefully.

dontmissdarun
11-20-2015, 12:57 PM
Seriously stop taking us for beta users and fix your stuff ( how bout testing your update before making it public and giving us bugs with like every update you give us even the small update to end a event bring more prob.... so unpro compagnie PLS STOP TAKING US FOR BETA TESTERS we are tired of dealing with your constant massive overload of bugs its never ending and just stupid of a big compagnie to not be able to fix your own game ... like seriously al is the game with the biggest load of bug i have ever seems in my life ....

dontmissdarun
11-20-2015, 01:09 PM
now on the positive side hehehehe here is a suggestion to stop making everyone beta users all the time how about you hire some of the al players rdy to be beta tester( a old game used to give some gems for the work in this case you could give some plat lol many ppl were rdy and happy to help for a lil reward lol) and make them test your update on your test server so we can feed back any prob we have found so you can fix it before making it public aint that a good idea?

Oursizes
11-20-2015, 05:29 PM
I agree it was an exploit but why was this not thought about prior to releasing the event and not after? Why did it take so long? We landed up in a situation where some people cheated and went way ahead of the rest in terms of amassing gold.

These 'blunder' and 'fix' rituals that occur with every new event has created an economic gap again between a few and the majority. Sts was doing a good job of reducing this gap with gold sinks and new features. It reminds one of the Myth of Sisyphus.

Yes it is a fix that was needed for the survival of the game. But for future events, simple exploits like this one (even kids could guess this exploit) would be avoided hopefully.
As i said before, they intended for players to open cakes ib towm guildhall etc. But of course as corporate greed will always exist, some players open 4 tabs and spam open cakes. Look at gd threads some players made 50-100m+ and are open admitting... They need consewuences. In fact there is a twink rogue i used to play with who at first had no para no arcane pet etc. And after event boom that rogue l13 has dmg of a 14, crit of 14 and is saying in pier "buying sns"

eugene9707
11-21-2015, 06:36 PM
Honestly there's something wrong with the gold payout from the cake from the get-go.

lets's say we are in a hypothetical world with no exploits and anything ....

Honestly the best way to earn money was to farm for the cake slices and craft medium cakes and sell them. Those trying to buy medium cakes and open were not making nearly as much money. I could solo WT4 in about 5 minutes and drop 30-40 cake slices. Then I have 3 toons with 5 crafting slots each crafting these into small cakes and then medium cakes and then selling them. At this pace I was able to craft and sell about 8-10 medium cakes per hour with each medium cake selling for around 13.5k (after auction listing fees).

From the quote, he got 8-10 medium cake in an hr, so lets say 15,000*9= 135,000( because it will eventually be opened). Thats's 135k into the economy from one player in an hr. Assuming AL have 10 thousend players ( probably more??) that's 1,350million added into the economy in an hour, and then it goes on for 7 days( original plan until "exploit") so 1,350,000,000*7*12(assuming 12 hr, people need sleep right??) that's 113,400million added into the economy if sts did it according to plan...

and now people are pointing fingers about exploits? i think the core issue of this is the drop rate and the amount of money it provides . I agree that the exploit didnt help, but the same thing will happen regardless if the exploit happened or not...