PDA

View Full Version : Cakes problem

oekeone
11-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Wow sts did u reduce the jewel drop??? I got weak water jewels -.-" except for a good mind jewel.......143402

Earlingstad
11-16-2015, 11:44 PM
Sts intended for the large cake to spread jewels among friends not hoarding jewels by a player on 4 alts. Easy-Overnight-Premium tier jewels and manipulation of the jewel market anyone? This large cake needs fixing too.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?276649-Arcane-Legends-Hotfix-November-16-2015&p=2323074&viewfull=1#post2323074

Fix suggesion - Let the cake drop one jewel instead of multiple jewels, so that even if players use alts, they will loot only one jewel. It was not intended to make one player receive all the jewels from one cake anyway.

Royalty
11-16-2015, 11:54 PM
Sts intended for the large cake to spread jewels among friends not hoarding jewels by a player on 4 alts. This large cake needs fixing too.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?276649-Arcane-Legends-Hotfix-November-16-2015&p=2323074&viewfull=1#post2323074

Gonna go throw myself off my balcony. Maybe I'll take a bath with my Toaster. Idk by the time this is "fixed" I'll be gone from Arlor :)

Ty again. Great move :)

Zeus
11-17-2015, 12:12 AM
This doesn't introduce any new gold into the economy and has a risk of it's own. It's fine, IMO..and for the record, I don't touch these as the jewel market bubble is very finite and prone to bursting if too many people do these large cakes. I do not want to be burned with an inventory full of jewels that I would have to sell at bargain prices when the bubble does burst...

Pandaxxo
11-17-2015, 12:13 AM
Here we go again C:

Zeus
11-17-2015, 12:15 AM
The issue with mediums was that they introduced new gold into the economy, thus creating hyperinflation. Since that problem does not exist with the large cakes, there's nothing really harmful about the large cakes other than a potential burst of the jewel market. Leave these alone, IMO, and let players earn gold from them if they want. All that's happening with these cakes is the shuffling of gold from one hand to another. When the demand can no longer keep up with the supply of the jewels, this will not turn a profit by itself. Therefore, it does not need fixing.

Note: I have not opened any large cakes after the hotfix of today.

Earlingstad
11-17-2015, 12:44 AM
The issue with mediums was that they introduced new gold into the economy, thus creating hyperinflation. Since that problem does not exist with the large cakes, there's nothing really harmful about the large cakes other than a potential burst of the jewel market. Leave these alone, IMO, and let players earn gold from them if they want. All that's happening with these cakes is the shuffling of gold from one hand to another. When the demand can no longer keep up with the supply of the jewels, this will not turn a profit by itself. Therefore, it does not need fixing.

Note: I have not opened any large cakes after the hotfix of today.

It needs fixing. While medium cakes pumped in gold directly into the game, large cakes pump in jewels. It would not be a problem if the jewel influx was random but what we have here is maximum jewels going in one direction. Its not hard to guess which direction. Maybe they planned to craft several top tier jewels very fast and then cut the rope for the rest, yet again. I hope sts is reading and fixes this asap.

Large cakes opened on alts results in the jewels going to the player who uses alts and he can very quickly make noble jewels through this exploit. And x 10 times faster when instead of crafting them he has 100s of millions of gold stashed and can buy the 10-13k large cakes off auction and spam them all day on 4 alts. Then, those premium tier easy jewels he has acquired thus will be sold (at high rates) to the average player who only farms for his cakes and has no means of opening them on multiple alts.

Yes I agree when the demand does not meet supply it will cease to be profitable. But is is HIGHLY PROFITABLE to a few right now. And will be for a few more days. Is that fair? No way. It is an exploit. Sts never intended that many jewels to go to one player as is happening with this multiple-alt exploit.

( You're not done opening them and stocking noble jewels yet right? :P )

Zeus
11-17-2015, 12:58 AM
It needs fixing. While medium cakes pumped in gold directly into the game, large cakes pump in jewels. Large cakes opened on alts results in the jewels going to the player who uses alts and he can very quickly make noble jewels through this exploit. And x 10 times faster when instead of crafting them he has 100s of millions of gold stashed and can buy the 10-13k large cakes off auction and spam them all day on 4 alts. Then, those premium tier easy jewels he has acquired thus will be sold (at high rates) to the average player who only farms for his cakes and has no means of opening them on multiple alts.

Yes I agree when the demand does not meet supply it will cease to be profitable. But is is HIGHLY PROFITABLE to a few right now. And will be for a few more days. Is that fair? No way. It is an exploit. Sts never intended that many jewels to go to one player as is happening with this multiple-alt exploit.

( You're not done opening them and stocking noble jewels yet right? :P )

Again, I don't touch jewels or large cakes...ask any of the sellers from AH if I've purchased any. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out. So, please do not accuse me. I'm very open with what I do and do not do so that players do not cast doubt on me.

I just think that this is fine if the jewel economy takes a hit...as they'll recover again like usual.

Metoxx
11-17-2015, 01:05 AM
Okay... If sts reduce the gold earn by medium cakes from 5k to 500 gold... but at least they could reduced the time of crafting either... They take too much time for a 500 gold btw... == and it was just a one week event why sts wont let us enjoy this time just for a lil bit more? Seriously so sad... ==

mesalin
11-17-2015, 01:11 AM
Omg first complained about jewel drop rate. Now complain cause its too nice? Let players get their jewels, serious its big problem or u just jealous? Finally players got better way to save thier jewels and get weak / standard and upgrade it for gear, get better stats.
About market. Jewels goes down and down, and they will go down more , same happened to gems. Report them if they use alts idk. Its illegal?
Just my opinion

<Forgiveness>

Redjellydonut
11-17-2015, 01:15 AM
Gonna go throw myself off my balcony. Maybe I'll take a bath with my Toaster. Idk by the time this is "fixed" I'll be gone from Arlor :)

Ty again. Great move :)

Lmao haha omg 😂

Redjellydonut
11-17-2015, 01:24 AM
Let the players have fun man ☹ Yes auction will turn into spaghetti and meatballs but only for a week or so then after we can all continue farm xD like always...

Kakashis
11-17-2015, 01:31 AM
Lol okay tell me what the difference is between you opening one large and you being with friends and 4 large are opened.

Your own group of alts: spend 10k, gain 3 jewels, one possible med cake

Groups of friends: you still spend 10k, you will get 3 jewels and 3 possible cakes.

Seems like your issue is people spamming the cs buying and opening xD they're there for everyone and those selling large cakes wins everytime. I've opened some large and they're water nature, and lightening trolled as well. There is risk from large but hey, go ahead and they to roll some weak finesse! Any gold now is just a redistribution. Unless your problem is there being too many jewels in the world. That was never the point.

Vixenne
11-17-2015, 02:29 AM
What's the deal... This is the only chance people are obtaining the 3 main jewels and get to use it for their gears and more. Just shut it. The event's already been disappointing for a lot of people and you wanna add more negativity on this game smh.

Pillowhead
11-17-2015, 02:39 AM
JUST LET US HAVE JEWELS !!!!!!!!
Don't take this away, take our gold, but not jewels.

Metoxx
11-17-2015, 02:49 AM
First were complaining on drop rates of jewels are too bad... Now sts fixed the issue, and let players have a chance to farm some just for one week and now some already complaining about the rate of getting jewels is too easy :/ and let me mention that opening those cakes we will also granted water, nature, diamond, lightning jewels as well not a row chaos or main jewels... Sts screwed the medium cakes chance... and now its not a good effort to farm those cakes... Giving a chance for ppl and then ruin the chance... The event just for one week not for an eternity tho... so idk why are u so concerning about...

Ceuidear
11-17-2015, 02:51 AM
Well as the event is almost at its end with 2 days remainning guess they wont be doing any sorts of updates or fixes to it.

Sash Paerau
11-17-2015, 03:11 AM
quite sad really :(

i am judge
11-17-2015, 03:53 AM
How can people afford of having thr many devices?I hardly have 1 lol I feel jealous XD sets did a great job by fixing med cakes
Curse those try alternate devices method sm hardwork should be done at least on birthday of the game u play :)

Rome
11-17-2015, 03:56 AM
jewels suck so let them drop like rain. instead of nerf the large cakes take out the useles jewels and bring back our beloved gems. parastonessss for lifffeee

i am judge
11-17-2015, 04:20 AM
jewels suck so let them drop like rain. instead of nerf the large cakes take out the useles jewels and bring back our beloved gems. parastonessss for lifffeee
I don't wanna go off topic but yeah I totally agree with this,gems were a lot better time is still there sts plz remove jewels!!

xRyuzanki
11-17-2015, 04:23 AM
Yes I know . :( :(
Sts really disappointed me and ofc also my friends :/
Winter Event is coming !

mesalin
11-17-2015, 04:44 AM
#NeverTooLateToBringBackGems <3 agree

<Forgiveness>

i am judge
11-17-2015, 06:40 AM
Sts should bring back para gems instead of sns atleast there isn't requirement of luck to loot para....

Arrowz
11-17-2015, 08:12 AM
Sigh, another one of these pointless threads. Paras are gone, get over jt

Lopezman
11-17-2015, 08:38 AM
This doesn't introduce any new gold into the economy and has a risk of it's own. It's fine, IMO..and for the record, I don't touch these as the jewel market bubble is very finite and prone to bursting if too many people do these large cakes. I do not want to be burned with an inventory full of jewels that I would have to sell at bargain prices when the bubble does burst...

Do you understand the term bubble bursting? Lol this makes me laugh, lemme explain to u, bubble only bursts when people realise that they have invested in something when there is a fake demand for a good, when the fake demand is higher than actual demand and eventually many people finds out and starts selling off their stuff thats when the bubble burst. Let me ask you, will you ever stop needing jewels? maybe if everyone starts getting noble jewels then what u foresee will happen, but THINK realistically, are the jewels obtained from the cakes able to craft noble jewels for every single soul in this game? don't exaggerate things over here

Earlingstad
11-17-2015, 08:57 AM
Sigh, another one of these pointless threads. Paras are gone, get over jt

Para gems?? Stop derailing. My thread is not about para gems lmao. Please read before jumping to a conclusion.

hallowring
11-17-2015, 10:02 AM
para to op :p

KingMartin
11-17-2015, 11:05 AM
Damn leave at least the jewels as it is.

It's enough that the cheaters first exploited the mistake of STS (tradable cakes and extra small cake) and then ranted about inflation. Of course only after they got their millions, SnS etc. Let the average players enjoy at least what's left from the event.

Would the cakes be intradable, many "pros" would have to farm, oh my God!

Zeus
11-17-2015, 11:17 AM
Do you understand the term bubble bursting? Lol this makes me laugh, lemme explain to u, bubble only bursts when people realise that they have invested in something when there is a fake demand for a good, when the fake demand is higher than actual demand and eventually many people finds out and starts selling off their stuff thats when the bubble burst. Let me ask you, will you ever stop needing jewels? maybe if everyone starts getting noble jewels then what u foresee will happen, but THINK realistically, are the jewels obtained from the cakes able to craft noble jewels for every single soul in this game? don't exaggerate things over here

An economic bubble (sometimes referred to as a speculative bubble, a market bubble, a price bubble, a financial bubble, a speculative mania or a balloon) is trade in an asset at a price or price range that strongly deviates from the corresponding asset's intrinsic value. It could also be described as a situation in which asset prices appear to be based on implausible or inconsistent views about the future.

Yes, I'm aware of what it is...and it's happening already. Nobles have dropped from 10M to 6M and will continue to go further down. If anyone has spammed these large cakes, they would realize how slow the jewels sell and if masses did it, the jewel market would crash. So, if weak jewels drop like crazy from large cakes (which, from my experience they have) then how long do you think the price of jewels will last? Weak Finesse Jewels were previously at 50K, now they go for 30-35k.

Astrea
11-17-2015, 11:26 AM
Bring back para gem!!

Arrowz
11-17-2015, 12:12 PM
I don't wanna go off topic but yeah I totally agree with this,gems were a lot better time is still there sts plz remove jewels!!

#NeverTooLateToBringBackGems <3 agree

<Forgiveness>

Sts should bring back para gems instead of sns atleast there isn't requirement of luck to loot para....

Para gems?? Stop derailing. My thread is not about para gems lmao. Please read before jumping to a conclusion.

I was responding to those people. Why dont u actually read all the posts on the thread before making blatant accusations

Niixed
11-17-2015, 12:17 PM
Sorry, but there's no need to nerf large cakes. Jewels are still too high in value and this will help bring the market more in line to to where it should be. The endless crafting of cakes and jewels and the fact that inventory space is taken up helps make the large cakes less attractive to players looking to exploit what's supposed to be a celebration.

I scarcely blame them for not properly considering it, but STS should have anticipated that the dark underbelly of AL would take full advantage of the situation. Next time I suggest placing a time limit on opening cakes, like 1-3 minutes between each type of cake. That would probably be enough to reduce the rate of abuse to a slow crawl while still allowing the party to go on.

Remiem
11-17-2015, 12:26 PM
I think we've said all that needs to be said here. :) Thanks for the feedback!