PDA

View Full Version : Fine chain scraps and sheets - whats the point?

Rauyran
06-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Are there any recipes that actually need fine chain scraps or sheets?

Gluttony
06-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Not currently, maybe a future thing? Probably just carted over from the low level crafting system which has items that can be crafted with Chain Sheet (Ursan gear). What I don't understand is why people complete the daily quest Kidnapped or why cs is filled with chain scraps/sheets.

drewcapu
06-02-2011, 04:50 PM
I stopped speculating that they'd be used for something after maybe the first week of BS.

FH has that second set of STR armors that can use the chains while BS simply doesn't.

Rauyran
06-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Its a shame that a whole new set of crafting materials were created for sewers. Would have been nice to have a standard set of scraps and various ways to craft them into panels, fine panels etc. Could have been augmented with special items such as gems that were only found in certain dungeons. In fact I don't know why there are so many places to craft. If there was only one crafting place in the sewers then it would be a good draw for people like the CS is. At the moment muck hovel is like a ghost town.

Gluttony
06-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Yes, I've pretty much given up on the crafting system upgrade idea. It would have been nice to be able to craft the orange materials into panels and into green scraps, but oh well. There are so many daily quests that yield scraps it's insane (FH, SC, AO) why three campaigns have ways to gain items that can only be used to make level 15 gear and below is beyond me.

The consumable recipe system just seems full of fail to me. Gems ONLY drop in FH and are only used for low level gear, I have over a hundred stockpiled in hopes of them becoming craft stat modifiers, but the whole system is looking pretty weak at the moment.

I'm sure STS has plenty of and in the works for the direction of the game, but I never hear anything about a crafting revamp, so I'm guessing the devs are just going to let that ship sink. The fact there is a whole separate map for each of the daily quests is pretty out there, one massive map where you could complete all the quests would suffice. It's like that for FH, but I have to pretty much complete a regular map and then travel to another map to complete one simple task. I'm really hoping the next thing to get an overhaul is the crafting system, but I'd bet it's going to be something like a Dark Forest upgrade.

Rauyran
06-02-2011, 06:50 PM
I agree crafting needs an overhaul. There's still that confusing bug where you craft a panel and the next screen makes it look as though you have a full set of scraps for another panel.

I'd originally hoped that the crafting system would let you take an ordinary weapon and somehow improve it by using it a lot. Each enemy of a certain type you killed would add some power to it. For example killing 1000 snowball yetis would add a mild freeze proc, killing another 1000 would make the proc stronger and so on. Almost like xp for equipment. Would be a lot of fun working out the combinations of enemies to get more m/s or more dodge. You could still craft with gems for certain powers. Would make a lot of very unique weapons in the game.

Gluttony
06-02-2011, 07:06 PM
I'd originally hoped that the crafting system would let you take an ordinary weapon and somehow improve it by using it a lot. Each enemy of a certain type you killed would add some power to it. For example killing 1000 snowball yetis would add a mild freeze proc, killing another 1000 would make the proc stronger and so on. Almost like xp for equipment. Would be a lot of fun working out the combinations of enemies to get more m/s or more dodge. You could still craft with gems for certain powers. Would make a lot of very unique weapons in the game.

The xp for weapons idea would fall out of the realm of crafting imo, but it's a decent idea. I would wonder if the sheer data from a system like that would be too much for the servers. Keeping track of the items that have xp gained seems like a lot of numbers to remember per toon. I mean, I imagine the data would reset if the item were to change hands or if it were put in stash, but anything I keep in my inventory would have to have an xp associated with it. That's a lot of numbers.

I too hoped that gems would be used as a stat modifier for weapons, and not just specific items, but anything/everything (I'd settle for set items for a small test run). I made a fail thread about it when crafting first came into play, you can check it out here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19026-Customizable-Crafting). Well maybe when every campaign gets redone, the guilds come into play and most players have split their time between PL and Blackstar this issue will get looked at. I just hope this fail aspect of this game doesn't creep it's way into Blackstar at launch.