PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends on Sony's Xperia PLAY Device

Samhayne
06-02-2011, 04:12 PM
The annual E3 Expo (http://www.e3expo.com) is almost upon us. News is already starting to flow as teasers, leaks and advance info hits the streets.

If you're playing Pocket Legends or are interested to play Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles, check out the recent press release by Sony Ericsson announcing that both games will support the new Xperia PLAY (http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/xperia-play) device.

Read the full press release here. (http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/press/pressreleases/pressreleasedetails/xperiaplaye3pressrelease20110602final-20110602)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=328&d=1307048099

Expect more exclusive Star Legends info to come out from E3, June 7-9, as the game will be on display in the Sony Ericsson booth #713.

Cascade
06-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Saaweeet looking forward to more info!

Survivorfan
06-02-2011, 04:15 PM
I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!
FIRST POST!!!!!

thugimmortal
06-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Way to go devs
E3 thats awsome
congratulations thats the bigtime woot !
party time

Roasty
06-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Cool :o

Kingofhurtz
06-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Is this convention in Chicago?

seller
06-02-2011, 04:28 PM
very well graphics on device good luck on Star Legends.

Magicfrost
06-02-2011, 04:34 PM
What about ios devices?

Register
06-02-2011, 04:34 PM
*sigh*
I *sigh* because i dont even know what an XPERIA is lol! It looks like another copy of a PSP that Sony made to make more money on a device that does just a little more than the previous model if any. Yeah it looks cool but I feel that Sony is sucking money from us. So many people that I know have bought almost every version of the PSP because it looks cool...I saw one comment already that said that they would buy it for Pocket Legends. but it looks cool..lol. And I always thought of Pocket Legends as an IPod thing. Something that was "exculsive" to the Ipod. But now that they introduce it to the Xperia and possibly even as a computer game, i think its becoming something that people waste money on. Not on the game itself but on the system. I have seen soo many people that have bought Black Ops for both Xbox AND PS3. Now its available for more people..and...honestly I dont know.....

Junside
06-02-2011, 06:19 PM
*sigh*
I *sigh* because i dont even know what an XPERIA is lol! It looks like another copy of a PSP that Sony made to make more money on a device that does just a little more than the previous model if any. Yeah it looks cool but I feel that Sony is sucking money from us. So many people that I know have bought almost every version of the PSP because it looks cool...I saw one comment already that said that they would buy it for Pocket Legends. but it looks cool..lol. And I always thought of Pocket Legends as an IPod thing. Something that was "exculsive" to the Ipod. But now that they introduce it to the Xperia and possibly even as a computer game, i think its becoming something that people waste money on. Not on the game itself but on the system. I have seen soo many people that have bought Black Ops for both Xbox AND PS3. Now its available for more people..and...honestly I dont know.....

Well just as you claimed, you don't know what the Xperia Play is. Don't worry. The Xperia Play is a phone with the Android operating system and PlayStation's gaming capability. So all that matters in relativity of SamHayne's post is that Star Legends will be playable on Android devices. The Xperia Play is specifically designed for mobile gaming so it's probably one of the best choices for Star Legends. I have no idea how the game will run on iOS iPhones and such, but knowing STS, iOS will not be left out. And they probably will have options for mid-end phones, as Pocket Legends is playable on a large variety of devices.

ratava
06-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Like the different colors of the character screen. How near the final version is that? Those "wings" on the Operative are very distinct/cool... what's their function, I'm now wondering? Those must be mid/higher-lvl gear right? The UI is very minimal and cool too, like the blue theme too. Grainy image, hope more follow soon.

So you guys will be at E3?? More leaks/teasers and trailers on there way?!

^Above: Xperia is Android and runs PSP games also. Star Legends will be for iOS and Android and most specs should play it just like PL. :) As for Xperia, good for serious gamers wanting a gaming phone. Bit steep but you get decent performance and physical d-pad too.

Varking will be impressed with this! ;)

KingFu
06-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Sorry if this has been said, but will the xperia plays navigation work with the PSP buttony thingies. Descriptive huh?:p

ratava
06-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Sorry if this has been said, but will the xperia plays navigation work with the PSP buttony thingies. Descriptive huh?:p

Yes, I think Mr Gattis said "it's all about the buttons" quote.

What do ppl think of the char selection screen? Looks cool? The commando sorta looks a bit "blocky" in there, though it's grainy image...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=328&d=1307048099

Ayc2000
06-03-2011, 03:58 PM
*sigh*

it's a playsation phone...

deafmaster
06-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Wow...I'm telling you... just that screenshot is enough to sell me one of those phones lol. Wonder if gameplay will be better on the xperia or the upcoming iphone 5.

Snakespeare
06-05-2011, 12:16 PM
The button navigation system opens up interesting possibilities.

OverkillED
06-06-2011, 01:56 AM
lol now theres gender in this game. looks cool, but can anyone tell me what the engineer's and operator's functions are. i think the commando is like a PL bear function.

ratava
06-06-2011, 02:10 AM
Commando - Tank (bear)
Operative - Damage (bird)
Engineer - Support (mage)

Though a few differences in SL combat so might affect roles.
We've seen early screenshot of commando called tank, cinco mentione Op is dps so engi is 3rd class.

Xperia looks good, but pricey.

Surprised no one has commented on those "wings" on the Operative?! Something to do with movement?

maddogcharlie
06-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Wings look to be similar to those on the original gameplay vids? Some kinda jet pack maybe......oh someone aleady reserved 'boba fett' lol

ratava
06-07-2011, 02:22 AM
Wonder if there will be gaps/environmental obstacles the Operative will have to spring over then?

deafmaster
06-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Just found old footage of pre production blackstar 3 years ago (march 2008) on youtube. Type: blackstar chronicles and you can see what looks like operative making quick left and right dash movements. Hope movement in mobile version is similar!

CeasiBear
06-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Ok grt to hear also gonna get tht phone!!!:)well still thinkin about it. But does this mean we will get info on Star legends or the actual gamep
Ay will come?Plz explain

shruthi
06-10-2011, 02:50 AM
Awesome. Nice information. Thank you