PDA

View Full Version : So is operative a bird or a mage?

Blind
06-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Hi everyone, look i still don't get it, which character is bird and which is mage. Some people said operative is like a pocket legends mage, others say it is a dps class like a bird. Can someone pls tell me who is who? Ty

Corpser
06-03-2011, 02:00 AM
probably in the same order so first would be bear second bird 3rd mage

(i mean the charecter choosing)

Arterra
06-03-2011, 02:29 AM
think of it this way.
what would an engineer be? sounds mage-like to me.

Blind
06-03-2011, 03:34 AM
Lol, u see, that's what i'm talking about, some people think oper is a bird because they think that an engineer is a mage cause he "fixes health", and others think that oper is a mage because it's second in order in character selection screenshot like in pl. So yeah maybe a dev can answer this?

Blind
06-03-2011, 03:35 AM
Oh wait..was bird always second in pl? I thought it was third

ratava
06-03-2011, 03:38 AM
We know there are

1. 3 classes: Tank, Damage, Healer/Support

2. Commando was seen as Tank description in an early character select screen. (even looks like a tank)

3. Operative is light-armor and looks fast etc whereas the Engineer has a utility Powerglove and is a "smart" type

4. So Engineer is likely high intelligence attribute = Healer/Support "PURE" and that leaves the low-armor high damage for compensation for the Operative, plus operative sounds more deadly...

No confirmation but pretty sure that's how it is.

Fyrce
06-03-2011, 08:48 AM
I think we need to know more about them before we can decide, such as a skills list and description, equips, game goals, etc.

ratava
06-03-2011, 09:09 AM
I think we need to know more about them before we can decide, such as a skills list and description, equips, game goals, etc.

True, I think we'll still have the overall class roles but we know the combat system underneath is changed a bit eg previous (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19023-Blackstar-FAQ-%28-What-we-know-as-we-find-out-%29)

Blackstar will definitely have a global cool-down. It will probably have other skill-class cool-downs as well. Like all of your "Holographic" stuff may have a cool-down and all of your "Amp-Light" will have its own, etc. We did a build of Blackstar where the DPS character (called the "Operative") could use a target debuff to get different combo results with three different classes of weapon. It was very compelling - totally different from PL in a great way

Which might affect how classes can choose different roles and weapons that suit such playstyles and how good they are at changing them on-the-fly?? Here's confirmation of classes:

It’s similar to Pocket Legends in a lot of ways- three different classes, two different sexes for each class, which I think is breaking news.

From transcript of interview.

maddogcharlie
06-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Im thinking the Engie is prob gonna be the Mage equivalent, - early on the old storyline hinted at Humans capturing the aliens spooky technology and being able to re engineer the mysterious technology for their own use.

I guess that could go two ways with the Engie being the only one who really understands how to manipulate that tech or.....
........the Operative being the one who has advanced training in it (Kinda like Psi warriors). (Psi division from Judge Dread) ?

On a sidenote (and understand this is from the old artwork for the PC version) I pulled this from one of the pics so we know the Devs are thinking Pets too maybe one day. http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z367/maddogcharlie/VidUCDF/PETS.jpg

Zbooo
06-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Im thinking the Engie is prob gonna be the Mage equivalent, - early on the old storyline hinted at Humans capturing the aliens spooky technology and being able to re engineer the mysterious technology for their own use.

I guess that could go two ways with the Engie being the only one who really understands how to manipulate that tech or.....
........the Operative being the one who has advanced training in it (Kinda like Psi warriors). (Psi division from Judge Dread) ?

On a sidenote (and understand this is from the old artwork for the PC version) I pulled this from one of the pics so we know the Devs are thinking Pets too maybe one day. http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z367/maddogcharlie/VidUCDF/PETS.jpg

Omg if Engineers have those pets at release I'm going to be even more in love

Register
06-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Why quote the entire pic?!?!?! It clutters the thread and you can just quote the words and put in **pic** or something like that if you are just gonna comment on it right?

Zbooo
06-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Why quote the entire pic?!?!?! It clutters the thread and you can just quote the words and put in **pic** or something like that if you are just gonna comment on it right?

Simmer down carebear, I'm posting from my phone.... take a chill pill killbill