PDA

View Full Version : say no to combo jewel

extrapayah
11-18-2015, 06:27 PM
recently i've seen quite some repetition on ideas of having a combination jewel, but after some thoughts, i think except if it is intended to make jewels (which is not a mandatory component of a gear) to become a lot more significant than the gear itself, i'd like to say no to the idea itself

some reasons are:

1. noble jewel has a l30 requirement, imagine if there is going to be a jewel with l40 requirement with +10 primary, it will be around 50% more powerful than a grand, and almost equal to an eye

2. imagine if there is going to be a combination jewel, for two or more jewels of this l40 requirement say with a total of +20 attribute, while the gear itself only have like 70 total attribute, a gear will have 70 total attribute + 2/3 jewels with +20 attribute each, it's like saying almost 50% of a gear is jewel...

3. what will be the point of having limited socket slot, if we can always get the best of the two worlds, and even if they make combination slightly less powerful than an addition of two or more jewels, it will only provide unnecessary complexity, it's better to release more interesting jewels like proc jewels, or dodge jewel, etc etc

of course this cases are the most extreme possibility, but it won't hurt to sometime think for the extreme case (worst/best), sts wouldn't want to make another same mistake because sts failed to calculate the most extreme case (e.g. last year eyes' critical bonus, this event's medium cakes), and it's better to do some good testing before releasing significant things. but again, if it is intended by sts to make jewels become significant and mandatory, then so be it, and sts should stick to it, and increase its availability permanently, not temporally by some events

thank you

P.S. buff stampy pls...

Lastmind
11-18-2015, 06:30 PM
I think the current system is great, no need to combine jewels.
Some secondary stat jewels should just be slightly buffed

eugene9707
11-18-2015, 06:44 PM
recently i've seen quite some repetition on ideas of having a combination jewel, but after some thoughts, i think except if it is intended to make jewels (which is not a mandatory component of a gear) to become a lot more significant than the gear itself, i'd like to say no to the idea itself

some reasons are:

1. noble jewel has a l30 requirement, imagine if there is going to be a jewel with l40 requirement with +10 primary, it will be around 50% more powerful than a grand, and almost equal to an eye

2. imagine if there is going to be a combination jewel, for two or more jewels of this l40 requirement say with a total of +20 attribute, while the gear itself only have like 70 total attribute, a gear will have 70 total attribute + 2/3 jewels with +20 attribute each, it's like saying almost 50% of a gear is jewel...

3. what will be the point of having limited socket slot, if we can always get the best of the two worlds, and even if they make combination slightly less powerful than an addition of two or more jewels, it will only provide unnecessary complexity, it's better to release more interesting jewels like proc jewels, or dodge jewel, etc etc

of course this cases are the most extreme possibility, but it won't hurt to sometime think for the extreme case (worst/best), sts wouldn't want to make another same mistake because sts failed to calculate the most extreme case (e.g. last year eyes' critical bonus, this event's medium cakes), and it's better to do some good testing before releasing significant things. but again, if it is intended by sts to make jewels become significant and mandatory, then so be it, and sts should stick to it, and increase its availability permanently, not temporally by some events

thank you

P.S. buff stampy pls...

1. By the way the system is going now, you will need 19683 cracked jewel to craft it .... so good luck with that

2 i think when you combine jewels you should get less of each (like the the game gemcraft)
3. again, point 2

But i agree, it'll be a pain to figure the best system to combine jewels

Beatmap
11-19-2015, 12:17 AM
the current system is good. no changes required

Titanium
11-19-2015, 07:34 AM
At least we should have a recipe as a platinum tier reward to craft a 3-in-1 jewel ( standard + weak + damaged ). For our sake, we can't sit and do nothing on every event that is released from now on only because last year gave us something that was reacheable by the previous gem-system in a way or another.

Ravager
11-19-2015, 12:01 PM
I want combination jewels to make use of the crappy jewels ( nature, water, lightning, diamond). Other jewels can stay the same.

Itemstore
11-19-2015, 07:11 PM
Anyone fort of allowing players to remove a jewl or gem in a piece of gear and losing the gear but keeping 1 jewl from the gear it would 1 sort out the mass amount of some gears and it would also make it easer with jewls/gems

Edward Coug
11-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Anyone fort of allowing players to remove a jewl or gem in a piece of gear and losing the gear but keeping 1 jewl from the gear it would 1 sort out the mass amount of some gears and it would also make it easer with jewls/gems

They are trying to get rid of the paras, not keep them around.

kinzmet
11-19-2015, 09:52 PM
Your overthinking it, jewels are meant to overpower gems so that the gems would be obsolete and phased out as the game progress.

By the time jewels reaches level 40 requirements the new gears would have gained better and significant stat improvements too. The game is meant to move forward, else it will get boring being stucked.

Having limited slot limits the maximum possible jewels you can add to your gears, what else is it for? But I get your point in having limited slot but each slot gets combo of any desired stat in a combo jewel. Theres no concrete rule on how the combo jewels would be, what would be the possible scenarios? What are the possible effect? What would be the best combinations possible? Etc etc.. All of these are mere speculation, we can discuss this again when the devs would really make a combined jewel and layout how its done. By that time we will have a solid basis on our argument :D.

YES! To combined jewel
YES! To game progress

Earlingstad
11-20-2015, 12:32 AM
YES to combined stat jewels.

For instance, a revamped Eye of Syrillax and its return as a jewel with slightly better stats than old eye. Ideally, its recipe (consumed after use) to be looted from Syrillax and ingredients would be current cracked jewels.

extrapayah
11-20-2015, 09:59 PM
hmmmm, first thank you for the replies

let's say we will have a trinity jewel, a damaged version of it will need 2 cracked fury, 2 cracked finesse, 2 cracked mind, and the damaged version will have all +1 attribute, question is, how many attributes the weak version is given? all +2 will be too big, but if it is still +1, it will be strange... problem with jewel is it has its own tier, level, so something like not increasing its bonus in next tier is unacceptable

some jewel already overpowered some grand gems in its respective level, if it needs new cap to release next tier of jewel, it is just illogical, what will be the reason of it? releasing l40 jewel only after l51 gears released? why it needs 2 expansion to maximize potential power of l40 gears?

some jewels have been really unattractive, yes... i think it is a mistake to make some jewel looks weaker than the other, and admittedly by sts, by making these jewels only droppable at old maps... all these jewels are used in the same slots, so it is important to make all jewel equally attractive, sts should be brave to buff these unattractive jewels, and should not worry to make it too op, if sts oberbuffed it, sts can always nerf it back... finding a value that players will want to exchange with is not easy, so continuos buff and nerf is acceptable at some degree
and jewels should be equal, so does its farming method

as for first para and first eyes bonus, it was a mistake that could make slottable things become way too significant... it needs to be stopped from scaling and probably stopped from getting usable. it will never phased out thanks to twink items, releasing a more powerful gears for twink to attract people leaving old gemmed gears could be disaster, except if sts make those gear available anytime

but yes, if there is going to be a combined jewel, it should never combine between good jewels... currently sts implicitly make each jewela have different quality by its farming maps, water and nature available for all maps, except rengol, diamonds start from kraken maps, lightning starts from shuyal, primary start from tindirin, arena, and chaos start from rengol, planar tombs, which i never agree with...

thank you

Ebezaanec
11-20-2015, 10:27 PM
Winter Event might have a special "Syrillax Jewel" that grants a special particle effect (please no blinding ones). After the event, generic combo jewels will probably be released.

The particle effect would be exclusive to the "Syrillax Jewel."