PDA

View Full Version : people these days...

Ebalere
06-03-2011, 06:18 AM
So i come across this mage, who had paladin in their name, and was holding a bow, so i said before looking at attributes "but ur not a pally!" And then realized he was dex str mage, but before i could correct myself, even tho i was just buggin in a lighthearted manner, he proceeded to show off all his lvl 56s and talk down to me condescendingly, and calling me a jew and such.

I may not have 200k kills like he did, but im not a noob and i dont feel i deserved to be picked apart by an apparent veteran. Anyways, anyone that knows me in game knows im a kind and friendly person, but i lost my patience after being harrased about being a dumb noob, and told him to stfu and quit crying. Now five minutes passes, and i feel bad for saying anything in the first place, so i /t him im sorry for getting mad but he didnt have to be so downright rude to me, and he goes "go discuss your comment on forums." I think he meant my pally comment, but i'd rather discuss how some people should just chill out, it's a game, not life, and if i say u arent a pally and u are, that gives u no right to act holier than thou. I swear if i get banned because this guy reported me for saying "stfu", ill be truely disappointed in myself and him. I mean, i did try to apologize. I wasnt trolling either was just wandering around town striking up convos with randoms.

If u read this man, i left your name out on purpose, cuz i dont want you to have any trouble, but next time have a little patience and if ur that upset about it then i apologize again, i should look before i speak. Cheers, pally guy.

JaytB
06-03-2011, 06:38 AM
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/7b37f828.png

Nuff said

/10

Ellyidol
06-03-2011, 06:41 AM
With as much sympathy due, these kinda threads should stop.

I don't think the forums is the right place to rant in, it's almost turning into a rant wall every time I see a new thread.

Nothing can be gained from threads like these, so best just to keep it to yourself, IMO.

Ellyidol
06-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Who cares who's fault it is? Can we just stop fueling flame wars please? Thx :)

Agreed.

Not putting blame to the OP here, none at all. We're all human after all, we all need to rant or vent out one way or another. I just don't think the forums is the best place for that, nor is in-game! :p

Take a break, I find eating junk food very calming. Lol

JaytB
06-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Agreed.

Not putting blame to the OP here, none at all. We're all human after all, we all need to rant or vent out one way or another. I just don't think the forums is the best place for that, nor is in-game! :p

Take a break, I find eating junk food very calming. Lol

Here, especially for you ;)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/junk-food_0.jpg

... Now I'm hungry :(

Ellyidol
06-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Here, especially for you ;)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/junk-food_0.jpg

... Now I'm hungry :(

Luckily I just ate, else I would be too :p

If I did though, my cholesterol.. :( Lol!

Noctale
06-03-2011, 07:18 AM
I smell fat people. :O

(jk) =)

Ellyidol
06-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Not yet :p I'm lucky to have high metabolism still, if not for it, then yes I definitely would be. Lol

StompArtist
06-03-2011, 07:39 AM
With as much sympathy due, these kinda threads should stop.

I don't think the forums is the right place to rant in, it's almost turning into a rant wall every time I see a new thread.

Nothing can be gained from threads like these, so best just to keep it to yourself, IMO.

I saw you walking in the game the other day and you walked into a tree! DO NOT do this again or I will boot you!!!! lol

Ebalere
06-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Wellll u have valid points everyone. I just thought the reassurance of agreement would help me calm down. Whirl, i didnt ask whose fault it was or anything, just sharing one of my experiences with the forums. And i'd appreciate if u avoided my threads because you, like my op, are too easily worked up and i dont appreciate replies of that verbal nature, no one does. Your comment in fact made me quite annoyed. Gee, you hand out a few big red shields and now everyone and their cat thinks theyre a mod. In the making.

Moogerfooger
06-03-2011, 09:01 AM

Nuff said

/10

Amen.

Ebalere
06-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Requesting thread lock. This was just like when you write a letter to someone and then burn or throw away. Felt good writing it, maybe shouldnt have hit "post." Sorry to follow in the footsteps of so many recent "my fault/their fault threads". I was just really surprised cuz this guy WAS on my friends list.. and just basically telling some more uptight people in game to relax and have a laugh once in a while, too much seriousness is bad for your health. EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY! lol

Ellyidol
06-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Wellll u have valid points everyone. I just thought the reassurance of agreement would help me calm down. Whirl, i didnt ask whose fault it was or anything, just sharing one of my experiences with the forums. And i'd appreciate if u avoided my threads because you, like my op, are too easily worked up and i dont appreciate replies of that verbal nature, no one does. Your comment in fact made me quite annoyed. Gee, you hand out a few big red shields and now everyone and their cat thinks theyre a mod. In the making.

If the shield clouds what I say or my opinions and turns my personal opinions to "mod wanna-be-opinions", then by all means, take it :)

I wouldn't want the shield to make me, in any way, different from any other community member.

karmakali
06-03-2011, 09:20 AM

Nuff said

/10

Double amen.

Also, I agree that forums can get swamped down with rant threads but I would much rather people come here, get varied opinions and take some time to calm down rather than be in game angry, frustrated or hurt.
PL game/forums can be a bit like a family unit (dysfuntional as it may be). We should always offer support, reassurance, redirection or verbal slaps when someone comes in need of help or guidance. Forums is venue for game help of any nature...not just about mechanics of the game...about every aspect. If not, there would be no need for off-topic or general dicussion.

Just my opinion :)

@ebalere- if this player, veteran or not, made ethnic slurs as you said then they should be reported. That is never cool.

Ebalere
06-03-2011, 11:13 AM
That comment was directed at whirl and whirl only, you earned your right to rock that shield Elly, I meant no harm there, just saying I can tell who's trying to become a guardian these days... all the current goa members have respectfully helped the community and been amazing ppl in general, while newcomers who want the shield or seniority before its due act like they've been around forever and somehow justify coming on someone's thread and taking it right out of context, and pointing fingers when I wasn't even doing so in the first place. I'd like to think forums users are intelligent people who enjoy reading, writing, and debate, not attacking thread posters and pointing fingers. Whirl, u don't know me from a stick in the forest so who are u to come on my thread and say what u said? I wanted people to just read this and reflect on how they treat people in game, not tell me this thread has been done before. It might have been, but I don't think there can ever be enough posts to read, especially ones telling people they should lighten up and enjoy the game. I meant no offense to the people that came on here and had respectful things to say, but I could have done without whirlz post. Sorry guys. I'll try keep my threads varied and interesting in the future. And as for the racial slur, I'm not even Jewish for one, and for two, I'd like to think this guy was just having a bad day and I wouldn't want to get someone banned over a brief temper flare-up, which was the exact point of my thread in the first place.

Respectfully yours, eba

Samhayne
06-03-2011, 11:17 AM

Indeed, use the Ignore feature for those who rub you the wrong way and life will be much better.

Thread locked.