PDA

View Full Version : This Sounded Really Cool To Me...

NeoQueen
06-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Just some in game features that would be fun to implement/challenge yourself with.

1. A portal at the beginning of each level that let's you jump to the boss. Taking this jump would mean bypassing all the mini bosses and enemies and fighting a super-powered level boss. I'm talking along the lines of a level 40 group trying to fight Cockroach. Doing this would grant a major XP bonus and some expensive loot. I believe that bosses dropping anything other than pinks and purples is ridiculous, but these super bosses would only drop the rare, expensive pinks, or (if the Devs so choose) some new, rare, awesome vanity items.

2. Random happenings from opening chests. When breaking a chest a random occurrence could happen such as a mini boss spawning and dropping some rare, only known to be found with them loot or getting a vanity item. Or they could grant a random team boost such as speed, armor, XP gain, etc. for a limited amount of time (kinda along the lines of the gold elixirs.).

3. An ultra rare, immortal, lucky to have seen it before it ate me, I survived and got the t-shirt boss spawning randomly in a town for a short amount of time. Let's say that an evil dragon is the right hand of whoever is trying to bring down Alterra. This dragon is sent out to towns to decimate the population. Some may get out alive but most will be caught and killed. If you managed to score some good hits it could drop some rare item (weapon, vanity, crafting) for you, but chances of that happening are slim. This boss would be found randomly at different times in different places doing what it does best--killing.

These are just the raw imaginings of my allergy hazed, nyquil drowsy mind. Let me know what you think.

JaytB
06-03-2011, 11:18 AM
1. I don't like this idea really. I don't see anyone even trying to kill mobs anymore... I know I wouldn't. Farming would become even more repetative as it already is. And, if I understood you correctly, a pink drop every time you kill the boss? If that's what you meant, I strongly disagree on this part too. Pinks would become worthless in no time.

2. I like this idea :) Only for boosts, there are rings already. But, then again, it would be nice to be able to get them from random chests.

3. Towns under attack has been suggested before. I think it would be a performance issue, and on top of that, I'd probably die a lot if that ever gets implemented. I'm AFK half of the time :)

Mennddoza
06-03-2011, 11:30 AM
1. I also disagree with this since the price for items will drop incredibly and would defeat the purpose of killing the monsters to a certain number to have the boss spawn. I remeber they made it so we cant rush to the boss because no one was killing the monsters so the devs would like players to kill monsters and not just spawn to the boss

2. This is a good idea for power ups but the if there were to have supe rare drops come from them they would need to be extremely rare because chests are open at a super fast rate and in no time everyone would have these "super rare" chest items

3. This I believe would be quite a crisis because some people wil lag and probably die, and the point of having these towns is to complete quests, buy&trade, and simply hang out. It would get quite annying if a monster attacked us in the middle of town everyday.

NeoQueen
06-03-2011, 11:39 AM
1. Not a pink drop every time. Doing that would be pointless. I'm talking some rare drop with a super low drop rate, but to have the boss be worthwhile would be the XP bonus. And I wasn't thinking about a 5 minute boss fight. It would be something that took a lot of time and strategy. You could also have the portal as spawning randomly so that you can't have that option every single time you enter a level.

3. The lag would be depending on how long it lasted. This would be for a very short duration. Maybe thirty seconds max but no more. Yes, there would be lag, but the short duration and the mass casualties could offset that.

Superdexme
06-03-2011, 11:49 AM
that would be so sick if they made two different sides (good guys/bad guys) same classes etc.. but you could go to other teams twone and just destroy eachother hahaha

Piosidon
06-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Hooch hats aren't rare. There's like 20 of them in cs

Fyrce
06-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Hooch hats aren't rare. It only takes a few hours of farming to get all the ones you want.

tupid
06-04-2011, 03:25 AM
I like the town gets attacked idea, maybe a balisk? you dot respond in battle, you turn to stone till some npc mage brings you back, or you sign out and back in. There are separate servers so those that want to fight get flicked over to the open server. Make the boss a monster that kills in a little over a single strike. Reward would be some vanity item if you get away/survive or a tomb stone/statue where it killed you for a day! The portal idea could be used to let them chase after the beast or escape to a safe area. But no pinks, there are too many as it is.