PDA

View Full Version : Rogue is the great class for damage?

soon
11-20-2015, 03:13 PM

Always heard that Rogue are powerful to cause damage, but using legendary items I saw that Mage had a little more. I now have a belt and a mythical weapon. And the difference between these two classes is huge, Mage has a lot more damage than Rogue. I'm using pet Fantasma.

So I thought, Aimed Shot should be a great advantage for Rogues. But I was wrong.

Who has the complete new mythical armor, it offers a great accretion of damage?

Befs
11-20-2015, 03:21 PM
Are you using the same belt and stuff for rogue as mage?

If so, then it's because it's primary stat is int, benefitting mage more.

Serancha
11-20-2015, 03:21 PM
You're relying on numbers, and in Arcane Legends, numbers are just ink on a page. You need to take into account the skill upgrades also, and the extreme effectiveness of the critical hit + armour reduction upgrades to aimed shot.

Yes, mages are better at killing bunches of easy mobs in tombs, but when you get into high-hp, high-armour mobs and bosses in elites, dropping their armour then repeated crits from a rogue bring them down many times faster than a mage with equal gear.

Mages may have higher numbers but that's all they are, numbers.

Fyrce
11-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Run top elites w geared rogues. Then with mages. You will see for yourself.
Do arena w rogues. Do it w mages. You will see.

soon
11-20-2015, 05:38 PM
Are you using the same belt and stuff for rogue as mage?

If so, then it's because it's primary stat is int, benefitting mage more.

I have two

Oezheasate
11-20-2015, 05:42 PM
Tank is the main dmg dealer, where have u people been living this past couple of months smh.

(Sarcasm! Cuz its better to be safe than sorry)

Befs
11-20-2015, 05:52 PM
Tank is the main dmg dealer, where have u people been living this past couple of months smh.

(Sarcasm! Cuz its better to be safe than sorry)

eugene9707
11-20-2015, 06:57 PM
I have two

you will PROBABLY benefit more if you use standard finesse instead of standard chaos....

Hoardseeker
11-20-2015, 10:09 PM
Rouge has more armor than mage, that's why mage got more damage.

Ebezaanec
11-20-2015, 10:32 PM
Rogues are superior in single target DMG output, while mages are superior in mass crowd-control DMG.

A rogue can generally take down a boss faster than a mage can basically.

srazman
11-21-2015, 02:41 AM
Tank clearing tombs faster then mage??

Ceuidear
11-21-2015, 03:44 AM
There r pros & cons in every class when compared to each other like :-

When a rogue is compared to mage:-
1. Mages ofc have more damage & dps compared to rogue even when they r using same rarity gears like arc ring & planar pendant.

2. U compared urself with a mage n said he has more damage n dps than u even after u r having same rarity gears that he has. But, did u check on his Dodge, Crit & armor ??

3. Planar pendant proc of each class drops crystals when they r picked up they boost one of ur stats like:-
When a mage pendant's proc crystals r picked it boosts ur damage so, it clearly shows that mages have high damage n dps.
When a rogue pendant's proc crystals r picked it boosts ur dodge so, it shows that rogues have high dodge %age than other 2 classes.

Note :- The above comparison is valid only when both dont have eye & para gems in their respective gears:p

Xorrior
11-21-2015, 04:53 AM
A skilful mage will deal with mobs efficiently, a bad @ss rogue will take down the Boss.

P.S one of the best mages I ever ran with as a tank in level 41 was called Stoba, him in the party and everyone knew shaman and komodos where nullified. Unfortunately he retired. Mages are a much needed class in elites, skilful ones that is.

baymiyagi
11-22-2015, 06:21 PM
As the other people pointed out, regardless of what number you see on character sheets, rouges deal around 2x to 3x more damage than mages on a single target. In my opinion, mages are only good for crowd control and aoe damage. And as for warriors, they just suck :) unless they have uber gear and even then they are meeeh. Personally, as a mage i never prefer having a war in my party and try to fill the remaining spots with 3 rouges. I would say, one mage and 2 rouges are must in a party and for the last remaining spot you can get a warrior if u wanna see someone burning ankhs in the frontlines or a rouge for a faster run, depends on your preference :))

soon
11-23-2015, 12:00 AM
Tank clearing tombs faster then mage??

If everyone is using the new mythical. Common mobs, yes. But the boss takes a long time if you only have warrios.

xEnterprise
11-23-2015, 12:21 AM
There's no way in h*ll a sorc would deal more damage than a rogue...against bosses.