PDA

View Full Version : Please Help... Stomping!

kjzhu9
06-03-2011, 07:17 PM
asdfjlk;kjdfsa

NeoQueen
06-03-2011, 07:18 PM
That's it?

And I have seen many threads that say nothing...

Otukura
06-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Beckon at the wall, and stomp into the wall. Stomp so that enemies stick together, don't disperse them.

In AO3, you might have a hard time.. I can't tank at all due to low frame rate. Steph saw the result today...

Sigkill
06-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Beckon at the wall, while running to the right or left side so the mobs follow you (I find it works better this way) . Let the Mages do and birds do damage and then STOMP when the mobs are about to die. If you see the mobs are frozen, you should stomp because it causes the "Shatter" combo. If you need me to show you in game what to do add "Undertanker" who is my lvl 55 bear. GL :)

Edit- Taunt is your friend, it gives you aggro :)

JaytB
06-03-2011, 07:26 PM
That's it?

And I have seen many threads that say nothing...

Lol, I gues he meant to ask why people don't like stomping bears.

Anyway, it's as Otukura already said really. The problem is that a bear can either make the run way more effective by grouping everything together, or mess up the flow of the game completely by stomping everything everywhere. There is no other class where a failure to understand how to handle it, can annoy all the players in a group IMO.

I don't remember who said it first, but every bear should remember it: 'The wall is your friend' :)

mejslll
06-03-2011, 07:56 PM
well a bear should stomp! and the issue is normally that when a bear stomps he can scatter the bad guys all over the place... the idea is to pull them to a wall or corner - beckon - then as the are stacked up on the wall or corner take a step back and stomp them ...

i will say this tho - for every one who doesnt like the bears to stomp they need to realize it is normally the higest damage dealer we have, even if we stomp and scatter bad guys we will take a good protion of thier life and make it eaiser for all to kill them.

that being said - another time to becareful not to stomp or to stomp "carfully" is against some bosses. you dont want to be stomping a boss all over the place when your fighting crew has to chase them all over the room to do damage.

Otukura
06-03-2011, 08:03 PM
In AO2, I used a Iceberg Long and was able to take 70-100% of the mob's health. If it didn't K/O, I'd walk on to the next mob, because they'd be low enough for any character to easily finish them off. In other places, like certain mobs in AO3, you need to stay with the group a bit longer to tank. I think that question is more situation specific.

kjzhu9
06-03-2011, 08:03 PM
lmao someone should make a in depth guide on "how to stomp"

JaytB
06-03-2011, 08:05 PM
What do you mean? No advice? Just "thats it?" What?

Anyway thanks for the quick replies and I will add some of you for some live action teaching... another quick question: after you beckon the mob into the wall and stomp on them back into the wall leaving a huddled group for your mages and birds... should you help out and wait for them to kill them off or have a head start and go into the next mob and beckon + stomp... im doing this in AO2 btw

Feel free to add my toons. I'm a pretty decent tank (at least I think I am :) ), and would be happy to show you a thing or two :)

What's your IGN? Is it kjzhu9? Obviously, IKungFuPanda is my tank ;)

JaytB
06-03-2011, 08:06 PM

There actually is a guide for that, I'll post it here when I find it.

Otukura
06-03-2011, 08:06 PM

1) Power on device
2) Open PL app
3) Log in
4) Choose/create a warrior charater
5) Get to level 6
6) Tap the metal foot
7) Release finger
8) Practice

Done!! :D

Sigkill
06-03-2011, 08:07 PM

Anyway thanks for the quick replies and I will add some of you for some live action teaching... another quick question: after you beckon the mob into the wall and stomp on them back into the wall leaving a huddled group for your mages and birds... should you help out and wait for them to kill them off or have a head start and go into the next mob and beckon + stomp... im doing this in AO2 btw

As soon as the mobs die, or right before I take off for the next group. It's always best to have a small head start :)

NeoQueen
06-03-2011, 08:08 PM

As you have edited your post so shall I. I personally have one of each character and to ME bears can be pretty boring. Running around, beckoning, stomping and then having to use health pots like mad due to lack of proper healing by SOME mages...but I digress.

As has been said, people get mad when they have to chase enemies to all four corners of the compass in order to kill them due to a bears stomp. Now, sometimes you can't find a wall, like in the first part of Alien Oasis, and for that you have to make allowances. I personally stomp when enemies have very low health and beckon in the beginning to get all the enemies together. Just easier for me. But what you want to get used to doing is running through ahead taunting enemies and then beckon them to a wall. I, as a mage, try to keep up and freeze the enemies after beckon for a better damage combo. Then, as a bear after beckon, take a step back and stomp. Keeps everything tight and neat and allows the team to move through the level faster.

After that stomp most bears move on and leave the mages and birds to do clean-up. That's what they're best at since one on one the bear isn't as helpful. Just stomp and beckon and then move one. Also keeps you tanking and stomps the kamikaze mages and birds from dying prematurely.

Otukura
06-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Now, sometimes you can't find a wall, like in the first part of Alien Oasis, and for that you have to make allowances.

The trees there work wonders... they seem small but they're like magnets. Beckon near them, stomp randomly near them, and suddenly every mob is in one neat cluster.

JaytB
06-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Found the guide :)

This is the guide I read when I started playing pocket legends, and I felt it made me a better tank at the time :)

Click here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?17290-GUIDE-How-to-Tank-Properly-and-Shed-the-Noob-Bear-Status!&highlight=noob+bear+status)

kjzhu9
06-03-2011, 08:12 PM
@ jayt Nah my ign is akinam... thnx alot ill add u soon

kjzhu9
06-03-2011, 08:14 PM
The trees there work wonders... they seem small but they're like magnets. Beckon near them, stomp randomly near them, and suddenly every mob is in one neat cluster.
lmao yeah ive noticed that too but walls are always the best ;)

kjzhu9
06-03-2011, 08:15 PM
1) Power on device
2) Open PL app
3) Log in
4) Choose/create a warrior charater
5) Get to level 6
6) Tap the metal foot
7) Release finger
8) Practice

Done!! :D

very practical guide :D

i believe i already mastered it tho so im lookin for more advance

thanks for all these posts within like an hour

JaytB
06-03-2011, 08:15 PM
@ jayt Nah my ign is akinam... thnx alot ill add u soon

Added you on IKungFuPanda ;)

kjzhu9
06-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Added you on IKungFuPanda ;)

k tyvm

CrimsonTider
06-03-2011, 08:20 PM

I know it sounds funny but this may be needed. Alot of endgame bears are clueless when it comes to skill mastery. I ran a game the other day with my 26, and had two 50+ ask me how I was doing "that combo." I have ran sewers with 55+ bears who literally stop and when I ask what they are doing, they say they are watching me cause they have never seen a bear control mobs like me. I don't know whether to feel honored or scared! LOL

Sigkill
06-03-2011, 08:21 PM
I know it sounds funny but this may be needed. Alot of endgame bears are clueless when it comes to skill mastery. I ran a game the other day with my 26, and had two 50+ ask me how I was doing "that combo." I have ran sewers with 55+ bears who literally stop and when I ask what they are doing, they say they are watching me cause they have never seen a bear control mobs like me. I don't know whether to feel honored or scared! LOL

I ran into a bear who didnt taunt :( at all

Otukura
06-03-2011, 08:22 PM

You ran into yourself? Kidding.

And not funny at all, I've encountered this regularly. there needs to be some in game tip about combos.

CrimsonTider
06-03-2011, 08:24 PM

Ok.. now I may have nightmares! I am full dex and taunt is usually the first or second skill I use when approaching a mob.

Sigkill
06-03-2011, 08:24 PM

And not funny at all, I've encountered this regularly. there needs to be some in game tip about combos.

Psssh My taunt is lvl 6 xD I love spamming it when I get near grates so i can blow myself up :P

kjzhu9
06-03-2011, 08:26 PM

im glad i made this thread then =) wow i think this is 1 post evry 3 min rite now

Otukura
Psssh My taunt is lvl 6 xD I love spamming it when I get near grates so i can blow myself up :P

You what to know the real reason I decided to level my bear? *whispers* to blow Parth up, I'm out for revenge */whispers*

kjzhu9
im glad i made this thread then =) wow i think this is 1 post evry 3 min rite now

check that one post per 30 secs

JaytB
06-03-2011, 08:28 PM

Didn't you read the guide I posted earlier? Proper tanking and use of becon/stomp are explained in there already :) note that the guide was from before the becon/stomp combo existed.

I'm looking forward to see your bear skills in action. I should be able to get some high level friends to join in too. This way we can do a continuous death-train, where your skills can be really put to the test :)

kjzhu9
06-03-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm looking forward to see your bear skills in action. I should be able to get some high level friends to join in too. This way we can do a continuous death-train, where your skills can be really put to the test :)

Wait is this directed at me? lol

JaytB
06-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Wait is this directed at me? lol

Lol, yes. If bears literally stop and ask you how you control mobs that way, you must be doing something right :) ... Uhm... now that I think about it... or terribly wrong *Joking Joking*

Anyway, it'll be fun ;)

CrimsonTider
06-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Didn't you read the guide I posted earlier? Proper tanking and use of becon/stomp are explained in there already :) note that the guide was from before the becon/stomp combo existed.

Yeah.. I missed the post where you put the guide up. And are you complementing me or putting me on the spot? ;)

CrimsonTider
06-03-2011, 08:57 PM
You what to know the real reason I decided to level my bear? *whispers* to blow Parth up, I'm out for revenge */whispers*

Now that's funny right there!

kjzhu9
06-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Now that's funny right there!

missed that post lmao...

Sigkill
06-03-2011, 09:42 PM
We all know my bears skills are far superior :)

krazii
06-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Found the guide :)

This is the guide I read when I started playing pocket legends, and I felt it made me a better tank at the time :)

Click here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?17290-GUIDE-How-to-Tank-Properly-and-Shed-the-Noob-Bear-Status!&highlight=noob+bear+status)

That's a good guide, also look for Ellyidol's guides they are excellent!

Yvonnel
06-03-2011, 09:55 PM

Uh huh. Gonna have to watch you like I watch parth.

I remember the first time parth did it to me, I was like WFT!!!!! Now I know to stay back when he gets close to grates. Although, I still giggle like a little girl when I see him do it.