PDA

View Full Version : What Got You Hooked?

PvP
05-31-2010, 11:44 PM
If we didn't absolutely love Pocket Legends, we wouldn't be here. You obviously have a greater appreciation or understanding of the game by spending time nulling out ideas and comments on the forums. So, back to square one, what made you fall in love at first sight? I mean lets be honest, a month before the game came out, did you ever think you'd fall in love with an app like this? I wanted to make this thread to see what attracted everyone else to this great game and community, and possibly even provide feedback on what we all fell in love with at first, so that the devs can improve on the way the game is marketed or seen on first impression. How did you fall in love with Pocket Legends?

Cascade
05-31-2010, 11:46 PM
Well for me I thought one of the biggest perks was the portability you don't have to get on your laptop or anything that and the devs and the community here is awesome. The gameplay and graphics are awesome too! :)

Dizko
05-31-2010, 11:47 PM
Nice thread.

To be honest I was looking for a game like this as soon as I got my Ipod touch.
This was the first of its kind, and that, along with the idea of being among the first to play it - got me hooked.

I also love the idea of being one of the best when the game becomes popular.

BestHyun
05-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Complexity.
I generally love mmo's too and experienced as well.
The fact that it can be played in your palms!
The potential this game has.
The great community.
Quick feedback along with content updates.

The one thing bad I have to say is that I got completely turned off to see that we can only play as animals.
ha!

Ogediah
06-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Since i got my iphone i was looking for a game like this on iphone.

Its a 3D MMO
Portability (obvioulsy)
No monthly fees

Supportive developers and community with rapid updates have kept me here :)

RedRyder
06-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Nice thread.

To be honest I was looking for a game like this as soon as I got my Ipod touch.
This was the first of its kind, and that, along with the idea of being among the first to play it - got me hooked.

I also love the idea of being one of the best when the game becomes popular.

This. It's like your dream girl, you imagine her exactly the way you want her, and when she's there of course you'll fall in love. I've always looked through the web and app store for a 3d mmorpg and when I saw pl I just had to dl it.
By day two or three I had already bought all the expantions haha

nerdherd
06-01-2010, 12:37 AM
The fun leveling is what got me hooked!

Gwendaline
06-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Opiates got me hooked.... I'm addicted fo life!!

Advance
06-01-2010, 01:16 AM
An undeveloped and easily manipulated econemy got me hooked.
Were being honest right?

-Adv

Gwendaline
06-01-2010, 01:26 AM
An undeveloped and easily manipulated econemy got me hooked.
Were being honest right?

-Adv
Yes Brutally.

Splurd
06-01-2010, 04:19 AM
I enjoyed the fact that it was a mmorpg on a mobile device, action pace was very good.

I also liked how the devs were very active and vocal among the community.

patnwk
06-01-2010, 04:47 AM
I've already addicted XD.

Sayishere
06-01-2010, 04:49 AM
due to it being 3d and having a combat system i enjoyed!

Guitarlon
06-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Yea I looked for something like this since I got my iphone. Closest I got was Zenonia, (still awesome!) but is only single player, except the fake pvp in Zenonia 2,

so yea all round - everything, PL is great!

Rebel
06-01-2010, 07:28 AM
The activity of the Devs always adding more content plus the amazing community is definitely what got me hooked. I had also been looking for a good mmorpg for the Ipod. The gameplay is magnificent, and the 3-d just makes it all that much better. Another thing that got me addicted was the forums :p For some reason, I just love hanging out on the forums. It's a perfect place to go when the game gets a little boring, or you just want a break.

PvP
06-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Completely agree Rebel :p

ratava
06-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Well for me I thought one of the biggest perks was the portability you don't have to get on your laptop or anything that and the devs and the community here is awesome.

In summary this.

The time I started chirping a few classic mmo commands to a group in one dungeon and everyone taking down a few mobs with some solid co-op has to be the most fun: "Tanks go!"

Furrawn
06-04-2010, 02:01 AM
My hubby has been an RPG/MMO guy for much of his life. I am a bookworm and tetris girl. I saw PL in the AppStore for my iPad. It had no reviews. Was just up. I downloaded it and began secretly playing. I put the PL app on his iPad when Furrawn was about a lvl 20. He was so delighted and surprised!

I was drawn to the incredible graphics, the story and humor, the flexibility in character creation, the stellar gameplay, and the great community. I bought every campaign individually the day it came out (Lost Ex is my fav thus far). The devs are real guys who are personable and approachable.

Most importantly, as a person new to RPG, I was able to start out as a baby at lvl 1 and learn my way to becoming a pretty good player while my hubby, who is a big WOW guy, was able to play and enjoy it just as much...

I'm hooked:)

I love waiting for the next campaign...
It's like Christmas Eve excitement over presents under the tree:)

Pleasure_Pirate
06-04-2010, 05:40 AM
I was simply looking for an MMO on my iPod, mostly for the interaction and high replay ability. I quickly grew tired of the Storm8 "code punching" games. I played Outer Empires for a while but left after months of bugs and lag. I found PL, a smooth-running 3D game with a nice theme, great depth, and huge replay ability. Basically, PL is everything to me that a mobile MMO should be.

Sayishere
06-04-2010, 05:52 AM
The activity of the Devs always adding more content plus the amazing community is definitely what got me hooked. I had also been looking for a good mmorpg for the Ipod. The gameplay is magnificent, and the 3-d just makes it all that much better. Another thing that got me addicted was the forums :p For some reason, I just love hanging out on the forums. It's a perfect place to go when the game gets a little boring, or you just want a break.

lol so true, i spend more time on the forums than the game itself haha

that being said im again bored of this game, they need to release new stuff

like right now

enjoying red dead redemption atm so more content devs please :)

ratava
06-04-2010, 06:14 AM
I'm hooked:)

I love waiting for the next campaign...
It's like Christmas Eve excitement over presents under the tree:)

Haha! So true!!!

I was looking for an MMO on the PC but the only ones that I like the look of atm are GW2 and SW:KOTOR but both will probably not be out for 2yrs at least!

Anyhow, saw a small review on TenTonHammer for PL with a score of 4.5/5 - was almost shacking with anticipation to get my hands on this after reading that - it sounded so much better than loads of other titles that just are not worth their price... lol.

Have not enough time to play that much but it's working like a dream so far catching a few games here and there in short bursts. Perfect.