PDA

View Full Version : XCode .xib files not opening help please

icantgetkills
06-04-2011, 12:18 AM
hay guys i just picked up my xcode kit :D, read some tutorials did some playing around with other game making programs prior to this. But the .xib files are just not opening i am using a Macbookpro. Im not sure what the reason is but the interface just wont open i click but nothing can anyone help? if so much appreciated :)

icantgetkills
06-16-2011, 11:11 PM
bump no one? its been a month or something lol >.<

Zeus
06-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Umm, aren't xCode files or .xib Windows formatted? If they are, they won't work. Sorry bud. You can transfer them using Parallels or Bootcamp though, through the aid of a flash drive and start them up on the windows portion.

icantgetkills
06-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Umm, aren't xCode files or .xib Windows formatted? If they are, they won't work. Sorry bud. You can transfer them using Parallels or Bootcamp though, through the aid of a flash drive and start them up on the windows portion.

nope xcode is a mac program there is a windows format but i am using the mac one. the .xib files are opening but i cant see interface builder. SUPER annoying instead i have been learning the language of Objective-C. I have a program on my MAC called malware fusion where i can run windows 7 on my mac. I may try get a windows version but it costs $$ D: i have searched for a while but everything they say to do doesnt work :/