PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Joystick problem (occasional & partial failure)

FalconPants
06-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Loving PL -- even despite the large amount of timesuck! :banana:

Sorry my first post is a 'problem' post. *insert Pacman-dying FX*

The issue:
The Virtual Joystick will occasionally fail as I am using it. Specifically, when it fails, it always fails at the 12 o'clock heading and can vary in the range of unresposiveness from that point (usually from 11 to 1 o'clock -- sometimes approximately 10 to 2 o'clock).

What I mean by fail, is the central 'stick' icon doesn't respond to being slid in the direction I slide my fingertip (based upon the current incident's 'failure range'). I've compensated by turning the camera viewing angle by 90 degrees so I can use the joystick at the 3 or 9 o'clock headings to walk 'forward' (albeit like a side scroller video game).

Eventually, the joystick will start working again (full range of motion & headings), sometimes only after a few seconds. The worst has been probably around 20ish secs? (A virtual lifetime - or deathtime - when being surrounded by hostile yetis, ranged mobs, and a boss, or the deadliest foe of all -- ***LAG***)

My hardware:
Droid X running Android v 2.2.1

My expression:
:confused:

Anyone else experienc(ed/ing) this issue? Any assistance is much appreciated! :D