PDA

View Full Version : Arena Countdown in chat is much faster than in pop-up

wowdah
11-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Title pretty much explains it. When you do arena, the chat goes really quickly : "5,4,3,2,1, Go", while when Go has already been said in chat, the popup in the middle of the screen is saying like 4... The real time is the pop-up, so the chat countdown should be slowed down. Ty. Easy to replicate.

Ceuidear
11-24-2015, 12:46 PM
Yep, this surely needs to be fixed as its really confusing & annoying.
Plus some of the patches like Mushroom & Spider appear soon before the countdown ends causing damages to players by explosion & bites while the timer is still counting 5,4,3,2,1.

wowdah
11-30-2015, 09:20 PM
Yep. Also I think prox starts arena timer 2 seconds early, even if no attack have been made. IT would be nice if bow proc didnt start timer as well, before the boss even showed up.

Ceuidear
12-01-2015, 12:29 PM
Yep. Also I think prox starts arena timer 2 seconds early, even if no attack have been made. IT would be nice if bow proc didnt start timer as well, before the boss even showed up.

Sometimes [When u enter the gate during the start of run] it appears as soon as u enter or even before hitting the boss & sometimes [when u r in mid of the run like when u r facing 2nd or 3rd boss] the curse doesnt appear even after 10-15Secs of boss spawn but appears suddenly among 3 players making them kill each other.

wowdah
12-01-2015, 11:18 PM
I think it appears because the players are stacked attacks, or just clicking their skills before the boss has appeared. The prox curse could be coded differently though, only relying on timing after boss spawned.

Serancha
12-02-2015, 12:06 AM
This started about a year ago. They increased the onscreen display time to "make it easier to read the messages" or some such thing. It is the same issue that causes the onscreen messages to continue for ages after you buy potions, transfer items between characters, or purchase multiple items from the cs. It is very annoying, but was reported and I guess the devs didn't agree that it needs fixing.

wowdah
12-03-2015, 09:36 PM
I mean if there are like different objects in the code that refer to different displays, I don't see how it would be hard to just change the display for arena and potions, which probably are operated by static methods.