PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Forum Problems

Matsuo Kaibutsu
06-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Hey gang,

Since the addition of the extra couple of forums to the Blackstar section at the top of the main forum page, I've been having problems with the mobile forum skin.

Firstly, the login link wouldn't take me to the login page - it just generated the "loading" circle which endlessly looped. Of course I rebooted my phone, cleared cache etc, but in the end I had to switch back to the normal skin so I could login.

Secondly, the mobile forum skin now won't pop into the correct width for my display - it stays too wide so I have to scroll around. It does sometimes pop into place but only after a few navigations.

So has anyone else noticed this? The mobile skin used to work fine before the addition of the extra Blackstar forums. Perhaps the way the forum is coded has changed?

If a developer could have a look into this, I'd be much obliged.

I'm using an HTC Desire HD running Android 2.2, using the stock Internet browser (2.2 / Webkit 3.1).

Thanks,
MK

Harmicide
06-04-2011, 08:29 PM
There is an app for the forums, have you tried downloading the application?

If you have, uninstall, then re-install it.

Otukura
06-04-2011, 09:34 PM
You can download the APK here. (http://auth.pocketlegends.com/download/SpacetimeCommunity.apk)

If it can't install, make sure "Allow Apps from Unknown Sorces" in settings --> applications. Hit the settings/menu button and tap forums to see them in the view you see now.

Matsuo Kaibutsu
06-05-2011, 04:48 AM
Thanks for the info on the forum App, however, I don't really want to use an entirely separate App just to browse one particular forum. I much prefer using my phone's excellent web browser.

Any devs care to lend a hand? :-)

Samhayne
06-05-2011, 06:38 AM
Hey Matsuo,

Thanks for the head's up on the mobile forum. We'll take a look at it.

Matsuo Kaibutsu
06-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Thanks very much! If you need any other information from me, just shout! ;-)

Matsuo Kaibutsu
06-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Any news on this?

Samhayne
06-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Any news on this?

Sorry for the problems with the mobile style. We should have that fixed with the changes being worked on.