PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Income!

Dexmann
06-04-2011, 09:04 PM
im not going to go into details or into H core suggestions but one thing ive been tired of is not getting a constant flow of money. when im saving up for something id be like ok... i need 1m, lets start farming, i should get 1mil in about a week. i farm for 3 days... not even one pink. Next day i get like 4 pinks... rest of the week no pinks... what the heck! everything is luck! lol, my income is based on luck!

the only way to get money in PL is to get good items, and then sell. From a person who has horrible luck, getting money is really hard and you can never tell how much your going to get and when.

To have a consistent cash income (little or lots) would help alot because players will actually be able to make an estimate of how much their going to make and when. it would make things more fun and less tiresome.

here are some non-detailed examples of how this could b made better
- making liquidate prices higher (purples 1K max?)(and higher lvl items should liq for more)
- some kind of bank, and get interest (there needs to be a max of course. players with millions would b getting way too much money lol)
- bidding on items (i personally thing this would be petty sick)
- money for killing mobs. more for bosses (higher lvl bosses/mobs drop more)

PLEASE post, i wanna c your ideas and opinions :cool:

Sky../
06-04-2011, 09:15 PM
The easier it is to gain gold, the less it's value will be.

Example: that 1m item will not cost 1m, instead it will be more, maybe 2m. Why? Because everybody has a lot of gold. Everybody will be willing to pay for more. Inflation in other words.

Dexmann
06-04-2011, 09:22 PM
im not talking that dramatic! but for people who farm day n night and get nothing... well... they should get something for killing all those mobs n stuff. the game seems to be now revolving around pink farming... and so what if prices go up? anyone can make money like everyone else if there was a constant cash flow.

edit: with more mob drop money ppl will also be able to get $ from working rather than always luck/

ZHEOTARE
06-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Are you farming for gold, or pinks??

There are plenty of stats, in various posts, about the amount of gold you can make in Crush the Keeper and Plasma Pyramid. I also run Vicious Visitors. You make about 4-7k per solo run. and it takes about 5-10 a run.

However I do agree that the price per liquidation should change. The rarer the drop, the more the liquidation sale price. That would also help the newer, or casual players that don't know if what they have is valuable or not.

Register
06-04-2011, 10:03 PM
yep inflation not good...then we have to learn of the whole new system of cash.
and bidding is a great idea. There should be auction room(s) where people can auction gold for specific items sold by players with a set minimal amount

Dethwarior
06-04-2011, 10:18 PM
I would farm in AO2 or 3 which drop tons of items and liquidate all items u know u wont/can't equip and liquidate items tht are worse than ur current loadout

Waterrforest
06-05-2011, 07:14 AM
Ya i also agree that the liquidation system should change.

Riccits
06-05-2011, 07:28 AM
- making liquidate prices higher (purples 1K max?)(and higher lvl items should liq for more) => when u have more money all others have it too. items would cost 3xprice than atm. devs must decreas gold drops. at every new campain sets are double expensiver than before. so it will just help to increase prices.
- some kind of bank, and get interest (there needs to be a max of course. players with millions would b getting way too much money lol) => would make me happy :D but no, rich ppl have advantages over poors..
- bidding on items (i personally thing this would be petty sick) => bid system in CS would be awesome! :)
- money for killing mobs. more for bosses (higher lvl bosses/mobs drop more) no, lesser gold drops in PL. Gold amounts must definetly sink now! or do u want to spent 10mil for a set in future?

Dexmann
06-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Ya i also agree that the liquidation system should change. you can check out my post for auto liquidate... thats a good idea

most of u guys r worried about inflation... so... i guess most of my ideas are bombed... cept for bidding

JaytB
06-05-2011, 04:32 PM
I kind of feel your pain here, at least you're getting some pinks. I wish I could say the same :)

Anyway, since I'm so unlucky when it comes to the real expensive drops, I started merchanting. You know, buying and selling stuff. The more cs slots you have, the easier it gets to create that constant flow of 'cash' you're talking about. Extra slots do cost platinum though.

As for the bank suggestion, I thought about it before, but it seems hard to implement. I just see too many scamming possibilities. For example, people could use the gold to buy things from an alt, and delete the account. Or what when someone lends something and then quit the game, or simply give it away to a 'friend' who is involved... But if there is a way to implement it 'scam free', I'd be all for it :)

The bidding for items would be a great thing to implement IMO :)

kjzhu9
06-05-2011, 06:08 PM
I think too many ppl would scam newbies into giving them their savings of a bit over 1k too put in for interest...

Dexmann
06-05-2011, 10:50 PM
I think too many ppl would scam newbies into giving them their savings of a bit over 1k too put in for interest...
uh... what?

Dexmann
06-05-2011, 10:52 PM
I kind of feel your pain here, at least you're getting some pinks. I wish I could say the same :)

Anyway, since I'm so unlucky when it comes to the real expensive drops, I started merchanting. You know, buying and selling stuff. The more cs slots you have, the easier it gets to create that constant flow of 'cash' you're talking about. Extra slots do cost platinum though.

As for the bank suggestion, I thought about it before, but it seems hard to implement. I just see too many scamming possibilities. For example, people could use the gold to buy things from an alt, and delete the account. Or what when someone lends something and then quit the game, or simply give it away to a 'friend' who is involved... But if there is a way to implement it 'scam free', I'd be all for it :)

The bidding for items would be a great thing to implement IMO :) yea i wanted to start merchanting but i dont have that much play for cs slots :/ frikin expencive lol