PDA

View Full Version : [be careful] never trade with Shielding

okamaokama
06-04-2011, 09:34 PM
last time when I trade with Shielding, he said I can get a launcher after trading. So i trade 3 or 4 ( high lv shields, helmet) items to him in exchange for a lv 3x wing.

Then, he suddenly disappeared and delete me from fd list.

I lost gold and lots of items, so be careful. Never trade with this person(Shielding)

Roasty
06-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I suggest you reporting this to the moderators (devs)
Sounds serious, best of luck to you :)

Otukura
06-04-2011, 09:36 PM
You can report him in game by typing "/report shielding" or send an email to support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing (at) with an @.

okamaokama
06-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Thank you guys for help. :(

Zeus
06-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Yep, scamming is not tolerated. While you may not get your items back. You can be sure that this guy is probably going to get a permanent ban, provided that you have been telling us the whole situation and the truth, nothing else but the truth.

okamaokama
06-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Luckily I find the person and have time to surf his profile. I have report him scamming in the game and now I have sent a email to the dev. Thanks for advice

LADYHADASSA
06-04-2011, 10:00 PM
The new trade system is in place to avoid this... NEVER accept somone saying they will give you somthing outside of saft trade.....

okamaokama
06-04-2011, 10:04 PM
The new trade system is in place to avoid this... NEVER accept somone saying they will give you somthing outside of saft trade.....

:( It seemed that I was not intellectual enough at that time since I really need a launcher :(

Otukura
06-04-2011, 10:49 PM
:( It seemed that I was not intellectual enough at that time since I really need a launcher :(

If it's too good to be true, it probably is. The only people I lend things to are people I either excessively know IRL, or forums members who definitely(almost all) do not want to be banned. Makes me feel better.

okamaokama
06-04-2011, 11:09 PM
If it's too good to be true, it probably is. The only people I lend things to are people I either excessively know IRL, or forums members who definitely(almost all) do not want to be banned. Makes me feel better.

regreting... :( I really want a launcher orz.

Gluttony
06-04-2011, 11:13 PM
What's the devs policy on trades like this? I know that some people choose to let friends "borrow" items for pvp and other events, but what happens if those friends have a falling out and you don't get your items back... is that considered a scam? Perhaps I ask random stranger to borrow his Expert Leathers for a pvp contest and promise to give him half the winnings if I win, then just delete him and keep the traded item... scam? I see plenty of people in Balefort Castle who say things like "If you give me 20k now, I'll give you 40k by the end of the week"... scam?

I couldn't imagine being a dev, and have to sift through some of these accusations because I would think that if anyone was willing to give an unknown player something with the promise of another (better) thing in the future, I'd have to think that both parties were wrong to a point and call it a mulligan. We have to remember that most scams are based on using someone's greed against them, I've read plenty of people say this and it still holds true: if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Conradin
06-04-2011, 11:15 PM
What lvl launcher do ya need?

okamaokama
06-04-2011, 11:20 PM
What lvl launcher do ya need?

I am lv22 archer, probably a lv 20 one :(
(the one sold in the audition is holy expensive...= =)

Conradin
06-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Sorry only have one lvl 2O launcher.

okamaokama
06-04-2011, 11:23 PM
What's the devs policy on trades like this? I know that some people choose to let friends "borrow" items for pvp and other events, but what happens if those friends have a falling out and you don't get your items back... is that considered a scam? Perhaps I ask random stranger to borrow his Expert Leathers for a pvp contest and promise to give him half the winnings if I win, then just delete him and keep the traded item... scam? I see plenty of people in Balefort Castle who say things like "If you give me 20k now, I'll give you 40k by the end of the week"... scam?

I couldn't imagine being a dev, and have to sift through some of these accusations because I would think that if anyone was willing to give an unknown player something with the promise of another (better) thing in the future, I'd have to think that both parties were wrong to a point and call it a mulligan. We have to remember that most scams are based on using someone's greed against them, I've read plenty of people say this and it still holds true: if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

:(... well I think that Shielding does this intentionally, and the trade is already an immediate one. I know I have fault of not being careful, and I just want to report the dishonest behaviour of the player

okamaokama
06-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Sorry only have one lvl 2O launcher.

You got one?!

Waterrforest
06-04-2011, 11:28 PM
U will get it eventually
Here is a piece of advice, happy waiting

Gluttony
06-04-2011, 11:41 PM
:(... well I think that Shielding does this intentionally, and the trade is already an immediate one. I know I have fault of not being careful, and I just want to report the dishonest behaviour of the player

The only problem with that... well my only problem is that there are people who use the fact that they have been scammed to their advantage also, creating a sort of scam in itself. You're telling us about this individual by name and trying to get others to listen and condemn him on only your word. Now it seems that you're trying to roll that into getting the launcher for cheap from a sympathizer. I'm not suggesting that is your intention, but I've seen it before. Threads like these are numerous, and the report button is the simplest way to deal with players like this. The players on the forums can do nothing for you so threads like this should probably stop.

Fyrce
06-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Yes, report this person.

However, the only person you can change is yourself. Have you thought about WHY you got into this situation? Maybe if you cannot yet afford something, you should work for it? Or acquire something else?

L20s are rare and expensive and are supposed to be. Note the correlation between rare and expensive.

Piosidon
06-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Saw a level 20 snow gun for 10k the other day. It was a purp though

davidis57
06-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Your better off buying a good bow those launchers are pointless till lvl 50 where you can get a sentinel shotgun.

Duped
06-05-2011, 12:12 AM
I tend to agree with Gluttony here. Report the guy. You should at least show a screen shot of him saying he'd give or something if you're concern really is to "warn" people. Anyone who accepts your word (with a whopping 8 posts to your credit ATM), has to be alot more trusting than me. Especially since you've mentioned your desire for a blaster no less than like 5 times. No one who is a forum member can review your chat logs, and none of us can ban.