PDA

View Full Version : Speculation from the A.R.S E.S.

Coalhouse
11-24-2015, 07:46 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?3827-Speculation-from-the-A-R-S-E-S

Gladius
11-26-2015, 05:18 AM
Could this Terra Incognita be the land of Ursume by any chance? Afterall that is the place Syrillax hailed from. And as it is unexplored , it may hide frozen secrets such as the three-tailed fox and maybe even ogres

Coalhouse
11-26-2015, 10:10 AM
Good point, Syrillax's home has been named but never identified. As I recall, the lost continent was at the same latitude as Nordr and so could well be an icy realm.

The Executive Committee of the A.R.S.E.S. calls for a fully equipped expedition to this region and appeals for (fool-) hardy individuals, such as yourself, to attempt this epic journey. It would be best to make out your will first though.

Gladius
11-26-2015, 11:26 AM
Good point, Syrillax's home has been named but never identified. As I recall, the lost continent was at the same latitude as Nordr and so could well be an icy realm.

The Executive Committee of the A.R.S.E.S. calls for a fully equipped expedition to this region and appeals for (fool-) hardy individuals, such as yourself, to attempt this epic journey. It would be best to make out your will first though.

Hmmm, wouldn't it require state of the art gadgetry and equipment to identify and measure the environment and gather samples?( I'm looking at you notts)

Coalhouse
11-26-2015, 01:55 PM
Hmmm, wouldn't it require state of the art gadgetry and equipment to identify and measure the environment and gather samples?( I'm looking at you notts)

Fear not, any such expedition to arctic climes would be equipped with a full range of brass monkeys. Not to mention an assortment of poking-sticks for general scientific discovery.

Gladius
11-27-2015, 04:34 AM
Fear not, any such expedition to arctic climes would be equipped with a full range of brass monkeys. Not to mention an assortment of poking-sticks for general scientific discovery.
Sure sounds like a relaxing vacation

Coalhouse
11-29-2015, 11:55 PM
Sure sounds like a relaxing vacation

This is (as far as I am aware) the only official mention of Ursume:

"News of the banishing of Tarlok and his dragon Valkoz, and the more recent defeat of Rendtail, Guardian of the Mountains in Tindirin, has reached the ears of Syrillax, Dragon of the North. Syrillax hails from the Mountains of Ursume, far to the north of Arlor. The local tribes of the area have pledged their piety in the direction of the North in hopes of awakening the Northern Guardian. Syrillax has heard the plea of his brethren, and is bringing with him the frigid winds of Ursume in the pursuit of vengeance. He has now settled on a small island to the north of Tindirin and turned the once-lush island into his frozen domain."

The name "Ursume" is also very telling. The word "Arctic" ultimately comes from the Ancient Greek for "bear", in reference to the Great Bear constellation. The Latin for "bear" is "ursus".

Gladius
11-30-2015, 05:27 AM
This is (as far as I am aware) the only official mention of Ursume:

"News of the banishing of Tarlok and his dragon Valkoz, and the more recent defeat of Rendtail, Guardian of the Mountains in Tindirin, has reached the ears of Syrillax, Dragon of the North. Syrillax hails from the Mountains of Ursume, far to the north of Arlor. The local tribes of the area have pledged their piety in the direction of the North in hopes of awakening the Northern Guardian. Syrillax has heard the plea of his brethren, and is bringing with him the frigid winds of Ursume in the pursuit of vengeance. He has now settled on a small island to the north of Tindirin and turned the once-lush island into his frozen domain."

The name "Ursume" is also very telling. The word "Arctic" ultimately comes from the Ancient Greek for "bear", in reference to the Great Bear constellation. The Latin for "bear" is "ursus".

Yes it is something worth a report