View Full Version : Non plat players....

Stonedincali
11-25-2015, 12:13 PM
Hey all just needed to get something out there. I read so many times I'm the posts about people squawking about sts making us buy plat, or they are greedy and such nonsense.
STS is a business. They need to pay staff, run servers, and even pay for the janitor to clean up just like any business. With out any source of revenue they will be forced to either shut down, or have some other means of paying the bills like pop up ads.
I'm not telling people they need to buy plat but they do need to stop complaining about it!
I don't buy plat often, but on occasion I do throw them a few bucks to keep the game going. Where else can we have hours of fun, meeting friends from all over the world and smash a few bosses to boot?
So thanks STS!
You made an awesome game that is free to play. I for one appreciate the fact that I don't have to pay for a subscription or deal with annoying ads.

hallowring
11-25-2015, 12:17 PM
+1 i agree C:

Graovans
11-25-2015, 06:18 PM
Agree. Not only that but game used to be a lot tougher for non plat users like 1 year ago, now the gap between a plat user and non plat user is not too big, and it's up to the players whether if they want a shortcut or not.

baymiyagi
11-25-2015, 08:17 PM
Throwing bucks is not a very nice way of expressing you gratitude for them. Lol

Outloud
11-25-2015, 08:39 PM
You must be fun at parties

Ebezaanec
11-25-2015, 08:53 PM

Hugs and Hallmark cards don't pay the bills.

Killian229
11-25-2015, 11:35 PM
Rather have them charge me for the game and make it "fair" then to give platinum buying players the advantage over non platinum players by allowing them to buy "elixers" and make their character absolutely stronger.there is a reason why we cannot farm for combo elixers(kill the game).These guys have talent don't get me wrong.but for them to basically modify my stats for a character because I bought virtual money from them it will turn away the true gamers.ones who like your game for the content not ones who play just because they can get those boosts. Go play pl,its the elixer era(I'm a 2011)and you will get kicked if you do not have a 3x combo.seems to me that hindsight is 20/20 and they should realize that this free game is of course free.You will struggle to prosper if you do not have the lep pendant(the statistics on that are also misleading,took me from no drops what so ever,to drops constantly.Sorry but I do understand statistics and probabilities and that's not 15%).compare a Rouge running a combo and a warrior the same.Rouge (with gold for potz)will outclass that tank every single time.at time,I cannot believe sts made as big of a mistake as they did with the way damage is calculated.it's so discombobulated that I do wonder if it is on purpose.maybe rouges are #1 plat buyers?idk but the game is free to play.don't ever in a million years think you will ever get on the leaderboards(90% of them,maybe 95%) without platinum.Getting absolutely no legendary drops before I got lep i was left dieing for potion/pet money.soon as I get it,money starts to save(try 50% increase from lep Vs boss/miniboss drops).yes you can buy that amulet for igg,gl getting gold though without platinum.the worked would be 5x-10x greater without plat.elixers are for nubs(maybe nub game infrastructure?)who cannot grasp the essence of good rpgs and must op there character so it's "worth it".charge me for the game upfront or like pl(we help make you...)pay for new maps,this game would be infinitely more popular among my associates and others if you got rid of the elixer,plat only pets,revives for plat(wtf so dumb),a amulet that makes mobs drop better loot(but your useless till you get one),repsec kits,ankhs would be fine if they would drop.do I like a game who has exclusive loot like al?hell yes,but if I cannot farm for it(like plat pets)without paying any which way for platinum(to open locks or w/e)then the game loses its replay value as I don't think at any point in time a dev team should make a game (with full knowledge on how people will act)with as much emphasis on elixers(their strength is proof)as this one has.please sts learn from your mistakes,pl is not playable nowadays unless u have an elixer.it will happen to al aswell(least there isn't a boot button :).get away from this and make the game you want,not make it how you must in order to put food on your tables.people will then see your true talents and back you.atm I cannot,as i can see 11 complaints just off the top of my head that should always be a no brainer for rpg's.

Anyone who took the time to read this,thank you ;)

Oezheasate
11-26-2015, 12:08 AM
Rather have them charge me for the game and make it "fair" then to give platinum buying players the advantage over non platinum players by allowing them to buy "elixers" and make their character absolutely stronger.there is a reason why we cannot farm for combo elixers(kill the game).These guys have talent don't get me wrong.but for them to basically modify my stats for a character because I bought virtual money from them it will turn away the true gamers.ones who like your game for the content not ones who play just because they can get those boosts. Go play pl,its the elixer era(I'm a 2011)and you will get kicked if you do not have a 3x combo.seems to me that hindsight is 20/20 and they should realize that this free game is of course free.You will struggle to prosper if you do not have the lep pendant(the statistics on that are also misleading,took me from no drops what so ever,to drops constantly.Sorry but I do understand statistics and probabilities and that's not 15%).compare a Rouge running a combo and a warrior the same.Rouge (with gold for potz)will outclass that tank every single time.at time,I cannot believe sts made as big of a mistake as they did with the way damage is calculated.it's so discombobulated that I do wonder if it is on purpose.maybe rouges are #1 plat buyers?idk but the game is free to play.don't ever in a million years think you will ever get on the leaderboards(90% of them,maybe 95%) without platinum.Getting absolutely no legendary drops before I got lep i was left dieing for potion/pet money.soon as I get it,money starts to save(try 50% increase from lep Vs boss/miniboss drops).yes you can buy that amulet for igg,gl getting gold though without platinum.the worked would be 5x-10x greater without plat.elixers are for nubs(maybe nub game infrastructure?)who cannot grasp the essence of good rpgs and must op there character so it's "worth it".charge me for the game upfront or like pl(we help make you...)pay for new maps,this game would be infinitely more popular among my associates and others if you got rid of the elixer,plat only pets,revives for plat(wtf so dumb),a amulet that makes mobs drop better loot(but your useless till you get one),repsec kits,ankhs would be fine if they would drop.do I like a game who has exclusive loot like al?hell yes,but if I cannot farm for it(like plat pets)without paying any which way for platinum(to open locks or w/e)then the game loses its replay value as I don't think at any point in time a dev team should make a game (with full knowledge on how people will act)with as much emphasis on elixers(their strength is proof)as this one has.please sts learn from your mistakes,pl is not playable nowadays unless u have an elixer.it will happen to al aswell(least there isn't a boot button :).get away from this and make the game you want,not make it how you must in order to put food on your tables.people will then see your true talents and back you.atm I cannot,as i can see 11 complaints just off the top of my head that should always be a no brainer for rpg's.

Anyone who took the time to read this,thank you ;)

No spacing no nuthing, didnt read, to hard on the eyes.

vawaid
11-26-2015, 12:35 AM
when we were kid, we bought everything to play and we didnt bother that. As adult, we dont want to spend any penny for a game. --".

"Quote to reply, I use tapasucks."

Energizeric
11-26-2015, 12:53 AM
Honestly, the purpose of this game being "free" should be to try it out and see if you like it. If you like it and intend to play long term, you should buy some plat. This game is a product, and it should cost money just like everything else does.

Back when PL first started, you could only play the first few dungeons, and then you had to pay plat to go onto the higher level dungeons. STS obviously realized that doing it that way was not profitable enough, so they changed it to an entirely free game, but with these elixirs. Even that was not enough to save PL, so in AL they have added locked crates, which seems to be their main revenue.

So yes, they now allow you to sponge off the paying members and not spend a single dime, but don't expect it to be easy. If you buy just a little plat, you can be very competitive. I usually buy a couple 1700 plat packs each year when they are on sale, and then I make that last the rest of the year. If you divide that up monthly, that is less than $10 per month, or about the cost of a movie ticket -- certainly not something that requires you to be rich. Considering the amount of time I spend playing AL, it is certainly well worth it!

Mathist
11-26-2015, 06:32 AM
I personally like this financial structure. It's kind of like Team Fortress 2 now in a sense. Free to play and see if you like it, purchase keys/plats if you want to finance the game and keep it going, "no subscription required". However, in another sense, which I don't want to dive into because I do not have the time, is this is game is becoming like Team Fortress 2 Hat/Cosmetic centric game. The only difference atm is the rare vanity items do not come from locks... Just Saying.