PDA

View Full Version : 1.7.2 Content Update (60640)

asommers
06-05-2011, 09:31 AM
You no longer earn XP from the infinitely re-spawning 'shadow' mummies in "Victory Lap" and "Crush the Keeper."
'Shadow mummies' have a lot less health now.
You no longer get credit for defeating "Silknight" when she kidnaps the merchant and disappears in Forest Haven chapter one.
Increased the drop rate for mini-bosses in the Forest Haven mini-dungeons.
Now all of the boss monsters in the Forest Haven mini-dungeons have the (very rare) chance of dropping the "Fiery Weapons of DOOM!!"
Added email a friend option to PL friends pages

Ogden
06-05-2011, 09:33 AM
boooo boooo noo i want the easy xp back lol

gj fixing it

edit: I was expecting this since we could level up from lvl 45-50 in 1 day (hurray for my bird :P)

edit II: u still get money and stuff so it's still farmable, that's a good combo with the lower health points of the shadows :P Luckily the droprates are lowered

Lesrider
06-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Wow, PL finally got mail?

Ellyidol
06-05-2011, 09:36 AM
You no longer earn XP from the infinitely re-spawning 'shadow' mummies in "Victory Lap" and "Crush the Keeper."
'Shadow mummies' have a lot less health now.

That was quick ;)

NeoQueen
06-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Just a note...to get King Mynas to spawn u have to kill all the aliens in that room. Otherwise u stand there killing shadow mummies. Not sure if it's the same for all bosses now.

JaytB
06-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Aww, I was just intending to lvl some Mynas gems :(

But, me likes the increased drops rates :)

Valsacar
06-05-2011, 10:13 AM
That didn't take long, maybe now I can find some groups to farm pinks with!

karmakali
06-05-2011, 10:38 AM
The email option seems a little weird...just redirects to my regular email options.....not really the "mailbox" option I was looking for.....but oh well :)

Also...ran FH a bit...did not notice an increase.
Sorry only negative comments...

kjzhu9
06-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Added email a friend option to PL friends pages

So can we send messages to friends that they can look at when they come back on?

WithNoName
06-05-2011, 11:23 AM
i like the new weps, to bad they are so low lvl
seen one dropping in my first run in FH, to bad it was some1 elses

btw, highest lvl they drop to is 10 right?

Raazesk
06-05-2011, 11:39 AM
I only discovered this yesterday, and was planning on getting to level 50 today. Oh well. At least I got to level 48.
Are there any other places like this?

Swimmingstar
06-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww that glitch was cool

Sorcererssoul
06-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Aww, I was just intending to lvl some Mynas gems :(

But, me likes the increased drops rates :)
Aaw, there goes lvling funky :)
Back to CTK then

nazgulking
06-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Even on weekends the devs deliver the patches. Surely they are restless! You rock!

Zeus
06-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Yay! You guys took my suggestion of keeping the ability for them to drop gold and greens. I'll still be there for gold farming, thanks! Wanted to commend you as well, developer's working on the weekend to get something urgent done, before the official work week starts is truly commendable. Congratulations, much props to you and thumbs up from the many thumbs in the world! :D.

Bgandyful
06-05-2011, 02:29 PM
That glitch has been around forever.....who complained

Otukura
06-05-2011, 02:30 PM

It recently got... leaked? Everyone was doing it, CTK was dead for a bit.

Xomak
06-05-2011, 02:33 PM
..but why would you take away legitimate XP kills from the characters that rate the level? The ones that can't buy plat are already catching heck trying to level up & earn their items & finish quests. Just seems kind of unfair.

Zeus
06-05-2011, 02:35 PM
..but why would you take away legitimate XP kills from the characters that rate the level? The ones that can't buy plat are already catching heck trying to level up & earn their items & finish quests. Just seems kind of unfair.

Because, then we will have players at the level cap that don't know how to play the game. Were you around to witness the Mynas Generation? It was bad, people at level 45 (the cap at the time) didn't know which characters revived, and how to play their character. They were like dead weight and since everybody looked the same back then, you couldn't tell the difference between the noobs and the pros. Don't want that happening, again. It was just plain disgusting and horrifying.

deitz
06-05-2011, 02:39 PM
was expectin this to happen thank god am lvl 53 lol

KingFu
06-05-2011, 03:05 PM
That was quick ;)

Hahaha. I leveled my bear in there for hours, shot up in XP and got tons of kills and gold! Thankfully I'm done with it and in bs thanks to chloe, kraze, parth, Jacob, steph, and some others:p

Gluttony
06-05-2011, 03:37 PM

I doubt anyone told but rather the devs took notice. Exploits of this nature have been getting removed recently: there's the Beargular farming that was removed (and brought back), FH4 was removed quietly and I know of plenty of people who were farming that, the xp/kills that were being gained from Cockroach's trash bins was removed, these are just a few examples that I could remember in the past little while. When people learn about ways to gain something faster than just playing the game regularly then it can spread like wildfire, once there are enough doing it, the devs will notice what is going on.

Tvis
06-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Even on weekends the devs deliver the patches. Surely they are restless! You rock!

Yeah, we hardly ever get updates on the weekends, especially drop increase updates! I agree: THESE GUYS ROCK!!!

Onafeasacoz
06-05-2011, 05:23 PM
ahh man.

Nightarcher
06-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Hey, in case one of you Devs sees this and is at liberty to answer:

Do all Forest Haven bosses have equal chances to drop Doom weapons? Or do some have more of a chance to drop one or all three of the Doom weapons than others?

Fyrce
06-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Time to start new FH charts.

And I'm sorry, but all this CTK/Hideout stuff is very much like the Mynas Gen. Not as bad with the level limitations, but you get high levels who wonder where to get a Hooch hat, think Swamps will kill them, and don't know anything about Wyldwood... It's just sad, so I'm happy this goes a little ways towards people exploring a little bit. It's like pulling teeth to get them out there into the world though...

Just remembered: Nevermind about Swamps killing hem. They think FH (!!!) is dangerous!! Sooo many timid L20+s in Skeleton Cult...

Corpser
06-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Um suggestion bring the xp back but make it the shadows spawn once.

Gluttony
06-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Small bug, the text doesn't line up (fit) in the description of the new Forest Haven Boss Gauntlet:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1672/img0670.png

Register
06-09-2011, 09:44 PM
lol ty for fixing that STS :D

Swimmingstar
06-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Um suggestion bring the xp back but make it the shadows spawn once.
I agree

Register
06-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Another fix is to bring xp back but make them spawn less often.

Overclockd
06-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Ty for this update <3

Coltona
06-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Just a note...to get King Mynas to spawn u have to kill all the aliens in that room. Otherwise u stand there killing shadow mummies. Not sure if it's the same for all bosses now.

Not really, he's a random spawn as far as i can tell, although killing them kills thee time till he does actually spawn. sometimes he'll already be in the room when u get there.