PDA

View Full Version : Noobmigo's Suggestions V. 2.0!

noobmigo
06-05-2011, 12:25 PM
I will be addressing a few key points that the game is missing

1.Quests are Bland
2.Drops & Items
3.PvP
4.Skills
5.PvE
6.Some Misc. Suggestions

Go to the bottom for Acknowledgements.

Also, shout out to devs. PLEASE MAKE THE SCROLLING BAR IN THE RING SHOP AND ELIXIR SHOP GO AWAY! THEY ARE SO INCONVENIENT!

Now that that matter is taken care of, we shall start here!

Quests are Bland
When I was playing PL, I felt like a dog. Fetch me this, kill that, thanks, adios.
Quests were so boring. Here is how you can improve them.

Make it affect your storyline
In simplified form, have random quest appearances. Too short? Here is a great example.

Person 1 and Person 2 are running a Fathom Crypts PUG. All of a sudden, the "Great Witch of Doom appears. Then there is a little cut-scene followed by the witch disappearing, and a window appears. This window would say "Do you want to chase the witch? Press Yes or No."

Yes: You chase the witch. However, if you die, you will not be able to re-chase the witch EVER AGAIN! But, if you win, you get this epic vanity helm, or some kind of drop that is uber cool.

No: You decide you don't wanna chance it, and hope for another witch to appear.

This solution would make quests so much more enjoyable, and bring PL up a step.

NOTE: OFC, you can pay 5 plat to get yourself another chance at the witch if you lose.

Drops & Items
Right now, there is nothing wrong with the items or drop rates. But there can be a few improvements.

Add Droppable Rings
First, see Gluttony's thread. Gluttony's Thread. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27826-Random-encounter-Chest-Mimic&p=316277#post316277) Now, after you have read that, you will have a nice idea of what I am thinking. Basically, what he thinks, and I think, is that there should be Droppable Rings. OFC, if you read Glut's thread, you should know by now, that the rings would be a little worse than the Plat Store Rings. But instead of rings dropping from only chests, they can also drop from Bosses.

Add Godly Drops
Trash Pink, Trash Pink, Trash Pink, Trash Pink, Trash Pink, Oh My! There are way to many pinks, and lots of players only use a couple of them. I would make those few pinks that players use called Godly Pinks. It would be good for better organization.

Example of Pinks that should be converted to a godly pink
Expert Reinforced Leather
Mega Mage Gem Blast Staff
Sniper's Demon Claw

Larger Drop Rates
Here is the controversial part. There should be better drop rates. I don't wanna wait 1 whole week just to get some Mega Mage cheap wand. I mean, sure, some people are just hardcore, but some people don't have enough time on their hands to get those BAMF items. I say increase Drop Rates by just 5%. Just for the casual. Please.

PvP
P. V. P is OK, but not very special, and is sorta bland too. It's better than PvE though.
I cannot go into detail on these, because, I have NO IDEA how to explain these easy improvements in more than 2-3 lines.

Make PvP Rewards
These Rewards would not affect your stats, they would be just vanity. Possibly, just add capes. Easy. Or Vanity Armor. Easy.

Examples of PvP Rewards
500 Kills: Purple Cape of Blood (Vanity)
1000 Kills: Red Cape of Blood (Vanity)
1337 Kills: Traditional Spartan Cape of Blood (Vanity)
2000 Kills: Rainbow Cape of the Hippie (Vanity)
2500 Kills: Shiny Armor of Blood (Vanity)

Make A Last Man Standing PvP Mode
Seriously. Everyone on their own team. Like, 1v1v1v1v1. :p
Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple Teams. Hey, YAY!

An Example of a Last Man Standing PvP Mode would be like Forest Fight, just with everyone on different teams. It's like 1v1, except it is 1v1 Free For Fall.

Skills
No, not how good you are. The things that are on your skill hotbar.

Anyway, you can't be lazy forever in this part, devs. I nearly gagged when you guys just added one max point to each skill. Heh, Congrats guys, now we have 7 points to put in Heal! Woo! ...SMH

Make More Skills
OK, you guys don't necessarily have to add one more max point to each skill. Just adding a new useful skill would be enough. It would add enough variety.

Example of What to Add
Passive Skills. See below.

Make Passive Skills
Not Buffs. Like, really passive. You don't even have to press them. It's like an equip that you can't see. Also, since we can cheat really easy on dual spec, we should make something special. Skills that allow you to wear certain armor and weapons. For example, the Ursan would start with the Heavy Armor Skill (Passive) and the Melee Weapon Skill (Passive), but would not have the Sorceror's Armor Skill (Passive) and etc. However, you would only need to put one point into these skills to allow you to equip different items. Dual Specs would also use the same stat system. If you did not put a point into equip bow skill, then you would not be able to equip a bow!

Examples of a Passive Skill
Poison (Bird Skill at Level 75, Passive)
Rank 1 - Grants a 10% Chance of Poisoning Enemy for 10 Damage per second for 3 seconds
Rank 2 - Grants a 20 % Chance of Poisoning Enemy for 20 Damage per Second for 3 seconds
Rank X (Max of 6) - Add 10% Chance of Poisoning, and 10 Damage to Rank X-1 (X minus one)

Now, as a Passive Skill, you would not have to press the "Poison" Skill button to use the skill. Think of it as poison enchanted into your sword/bow/staff.

Limiting Max Number of Skills you can Allocate Skill Points into (Idea from Otukura)
They should limit the max number of skills allowed to allocate points into to 12 Skills. 15 if they add more skills. Maybe more.

Note: Defensive, and Equip Items Passives do not count as the 12-? Skills. However, offensive passives like Poison would count. (For Poison, see the sub-title "Examples of a Passive Skill" above.)

PvE
Improve PvE! Here is how

Remove GCD
Please remove GCD from PvE. It is not fun. It wrecks everything, and PUG Runs are too slow now.

Add MOB Strategy
We had Boss Strategy. Now we have..MOB Strategy! Like, certain mobs would have to be killed in a certain way. It would definitely add flavor to the game.

Add Mob Resist and Weaknesses
Mobs should be able to resist your skills, while giving up some defense to certain skills.

Example of Mob Resist and Weaknesses
Rock Golems - Is Unaffected by Firestorm and Lightning, but your ice skill do 50 more damage against Rock Golems.
Water Bug - Your ice skills do minus 50 Damage against the Water Bugs, but your lightning skills do 50 more damage against Water Bugs.

Some Misc. Suggestions
Just some random suggestions that aren't necessarily useful, but they would be fun.

Mini-Games
Mini-Games would be OK. Just something to take 5 minutes, while you are thinking of what to do with PL next.

An Example of a Mini-Game
Who can kill the Random Object the fastest? - There would be team mode, and single player mode.
It's basically PvE Home Run Derby. This would teach people how to play as a team, and to get Mega Combos, and what-not. Single Player would be just work on your combo. Of course, the Random Object would not attack back, it's a dummy, dummy. (Bad Pun, So what?)

Change Classes
Maybe an option to Change Classes for 25 Plat, so we don't have to go thru the trouble of leveling up all the way to whatever level you want your other Class Character at?

Faces
I think faces should be vanity items. Like, you buy them, and they go into your inventory.
I really hated buying switching from one face to another to one that a bought, etc.
Also, nerd face. I really want to see my mage/bear/bird with buckteeth, braces, and some kewl Bill Gates Glasses.

Shortcuts
Add more shortcuts. BTW. By Shortcuts, I mean like /t for tell, /r for reply.

Example of a Shortcut you should add
/inspect - let's you look at the character's profile without having to 'click' on them.

Elixirs
You should be able to pre-buy elixirs and there should be a button, like the health/mana pot button, for when you want to use them. That scrolling bar is so annoying.

That is all.

Acknowledgements, LOL

I would like to thank my bro Zip for keeping me up to date, and thanks to Gluttony for unknowingly giving me some brain food.

Otukura - Thanks for giving me an idea as well. Thanks.

Zeus
06-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Wow, nice suggestions! Very well thought out! I definitely like the one chance quests part. Would definitely add some excitement into the game. Get that adrenaline pumping, that feeling we all had when first beginning the game.

Register
06-05-2011, 02:43 PM
I like these ideas especially the passive skill ones. That definitely should be implemented. And i dont really like the absence of GCD because it helps with people from using EVERY skill at once and eliminating a person in one second flat. There should be a change in pvp and passive skills should help with that. Nice job!!

noobmigo
06-05-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm adding examples now, for everything.

This might take a while...

noobmigo
06-05-2011, 02:44 PM
I like these ideas especially the passive skill ones. That definitely should be implemented. And i dont really like the absence of GCD because it helps with people from using EVERY skill at once and eliminating a person in one second flat. There should be a change in pvp but i think the passive skills would help with that. Matches would not be so fast. There should be a factor though. Like if there is a certain Kill to Death difference then the passive skill would only be active for the one with a lower Kill to Death. I really like these ideas...lol

I said, GCD should be removed in PvE.
Not PvP.

Otukura
06-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Wow, nice suggestions! Very well thought out! I definitely like the one chance quests part. Would definitely add some excitement into the game. Get that adrenaline pumping, that feeling we all had when first beginning the game.

I'd support if there was a plat option for another chance. It's unfair for someone who has never played before to fail something, when another alt of someone easily does it. Not having that quest would show where you have been, not where you are.

WRT the weakness/resist part, we already have some monsters that resist things, but I love the weakness part.

WRT more skills -- I don't really have enough room as it is. Two rows gets on my nerves, three is even worse. If we had more skills but a skill tree or something to limit the max skills to 12, then I'd love it.

WRT the rest, I love it.

noobmigo
06-05-2011, 03:05 PM
I'd support if there was a plat option for another chance. It's unfair for someone who has never played before to fail something, when another alt of someone easily does it. Not having that quest would show where you have been, not where you are.

WRT the weakness/resist part, we already have some monsters that resist things, but I love the weakness part.

WRT more skills -- I don't really have enough room as it is. Two rows gets on my nerves, three is even worse. If we had more skills but a skill tree or something to limit the max skills to 12, then I'd love it.

WRT the rest, I love it.

I like the idea of limiting max skills.

WRT means...uhh?

Plat Option? Good idea. More Moneay. :p

Otukura
06-05-2011, 03:12 PM
WRT = with respect to

noobmigo
06-05-2011, 03:17 PM
WRT = with respect to

Ah, thanks!
I learned something.

You can have 3 Noob Slaps if you want them...heh..

Otukura
06-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Ah, thanks!
I learned something.

You can have 3 Noob Slaps if you want them...heh..

I'll donate them to whoever needs them :)

First to claim gets them.

noobmigo
06-05-2011, 03:21 PM

Lol.
Smooth.

noobmigo
06-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Updated shout-out to devs, and acknowledgements.
Also added a suggestion to Skills.
And added the Misc Suggestions section.

noobmigo
06-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Omz, I can't believe it comes down to this.

Triple post.
New all time low.

*Bump*

Ayc2000
06-06-2011, 04:06 PM
love the quest idea, but what if someone never gets one?

about that, do i get to use them, or do i get slapped?

Noctale
06-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Great suggestions! If some (all? =]) of these things would be implemented, this already Epic game would become... Uhm...
LEGENDARY!

=)

noobmigo
06-06-2011, 04:53 PM
love the quest idea, but what if someone never gets one?

about that, do i get to use them, or do i get slapped?

the quests are like pinks.
Random Occuring Quests = Random Pink Drops.

BTW, you get to USE the slaps. ;)

Pimpslide
06-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Cool Ideas Bro! *Bruh Bump*

noobmigo
06-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Upahdated!
Thanks for the bump, Zip.