PDA

View Full Version : can u make money from crafting?

cjkale
06-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Title says it all...

Noctale
06-05-2011, 01:47 PM
No.

kjzhu9
06-05-2011, 01:51 PM
No.
IMO that was a VERY intricate, in depth response to the question above ... does anyone else have any opinions?

JaytB
06-05-2011, 02:00 PM
No.

Ow yes you can. I'll give a very simple example, but there are many more: often, superior blade steel sells for 8-9k. While a gemstone setting, which can be crafted with 5 steels, gets sold easily for 60k-70k. Now, this doesn't hold true always, when the sum of the components surpass the price of the crafted item. People often don't know that gemstone settings, basic xxx... can be crafted from lesser components, and are therefore willing to pay way more than the sum of its components. I'm not saying you should make money off of uninformed people, I'm just saying that it's possible to make money from crafting. It's all about buying the components, and selling the crafted parts at the right time.

That being said, don't expect to get rich from it :)

Noctale
06-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Ow yes you can. I'll give a very simple example, but there are many more: often, superior blade steel sells for 8-9k. While a gemstone setting, which can be crafted with 5 steels, gets sold easily for 60k-70k. Now, this doesn't hold true always, when the sum of the components surpass the price of the crafted item. People often don't know that gemstone settings, basic xxx... can be crafted from lesser components, and are therefore willing to pay way more than the sum of its components. I'm not saying you should make money off of uninformed people, I'm just saying that it's possible to make money from crafting. It's all about buying the components, and selling the crafted parts at the right time.

That being said, don't expect to get rich from it :)

My bad. :O
(I thought he meant something else) =}

Riccits
06-05-2011, 02:49 PM
iam making a lot money with crafting materials! thanks devs for implementing it!

Gluttony
06-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Sure, all you have to do are a few quick quests and you're awarded with an item that can be useful to some. All of the items are usually in CS, but there are some that are much higher than others, namely Superior Steel, Premium Wood and Fine fabrics (cloth, plate, leather). These items can carry a price of about ~10k each and sometimes if you craft them into larger parts they can become more expensive.

I know that JayB mentioned this but I'm not sure that it's taking advantage of the uninformed but rather capitalizing on the lazy/impatient players. In order to craft larger parts it takes 5 components and if they're all the same, then that is 5 days. Some don't want to wait that long and are willing to pay for the item faster. Sometimes there are say 5 Superior Steel in CS, but two are for 9k two more for 12k and a third for 20k so if there is a Gemstone Setting for 60k you're saving a bit of gold. It would be best to purchase the two 9k steels and wait for more to be listed, but again impatient players.

Now I don't know your level, but if you're running in BS then crafting can be profitable. If you're talking about the orange scraps that are dropped in FH and given in various daily quests, those are pretty much worthless even when crafted into larger components. I'm not saying don't keep them, but you're waiting for one specific person to want to craft the lower lever gear and they're not as abundant as they used to be. Plus, with all of the opportunities to earn these items themselves it's much quicker to just complete the quests to get them than it is compared to BS craftables.

cjkale
06-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Can someone give me an exact example of something to try to craft. I have no money and I'm level 48 btw..

Register
06-05-2011, 08:56 PM
You just gotta do the quests and craft with what you get and loot. You can loot those components like scraps of stuff. You can sell the components but to go completely on loot is very hard because of the recipe and all the other stuff. It could take a very long time and end up with a amount of gold you may not be happy with.

Lowlyspy
06-06-2011, 08:14 AM
meet me in game, ive got a recipe you can have to get you started.

also you can make money from crafting, sell wat you craft. i made a level 5 blacksmiths plate armor probly a month ago and i made about 80k off of it.

drewcapu
06-06-2011, 03:58 PM
I sold a gemstone setting for 100k not too long ago.

I'll put one up if I can get 65k+ on it.

Steel fluctuates quite a bit. Since I'm actually trying to craft some gear right now I won't sell unless I can get 12k+.

Woods I'll put up if I can get 12k+. These days I might "settle" for 11k.

Other scraps I'll put up if I've got a bunch of extras and can get 10k+.

Panels I'll put up if I can get 55k+.

I wouldn't really bother with a lot of the other "base/basic" stuff since there typically aren't as many eyes on those items. But, you never know who might be desperate for a 1H Blade at 3AM. They just might be willing to pay 125k for one if it means being able to craft quickly!