PDA

View Full Version : Why the slow walking?

TerryDarc
11-26-2015, 06:04 PM
I notice a lot of times, Nuri's and other places, I guess, that my char walks very slowly for maybe 50 meters/yards, 10 seconds or so. Then picks up to normal pace.

I assume it's some kind of damage but darned if I can figure out why? Do you know? If I knew, I'd avoid it.

XRAX
11-26-2015, 06:09 PM
Try to avoid hitting the boom boxes. I hate those...

Suentous PO
11-26-2015, 06:13 PM
The mobs there do at least two different attacks that give you a name where the damage numbers float away from you like grave stoned or tombstoned and deathshot if I'm remembering right,
but I think you may be thinking of the boom boxes that spit music notes out. If that hits you it says "the music it hurts" and you are slowed.
The boombox won't hurt you if there's no notes coming out, but they will be soon, so knowing the timing of them "playing music" you can dodge that.

TerryDarc
11-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I kinda avoid the boomboxes. Other places tho?

Suentous PO
11-26-2015, 09:42 PM
Been a while sense I've been there but yeah now that I think of it, in funhouse the mages and/or hammers produce effects ("hahaha" or sumth), and possibly chests and/or falling anvils.
Anvils in maps are triggered by the 1st person @ a set location, or fall in pattern with gustav.
Both are avoidable.
When it was first released nuris was way op with mobs having a couple ways to one shot well geared ppl, and bosses who could reset/full heal randomly often. They still have all the same attacks but they're nerfed, just numerously noticeable.
Only comparison now is the way mobs in the caverns maps, or yetis in humania can kill you b4 you say

"What happe..."

Iheybeautiful
11-27-2015, 04:26 AM
Exercise more you're too fat.

TerryDarc
11-27-2015, 06:55 AM
Been a while sense I've been there but yeah now that I think of it, in funhouse the mages and/or hammers produce effects ("hahaha" or sumth), and possibly chests and/or falling anvils.
Anvils in maps are triggered by the 1st person @ a set location, or fall in pattern with gustav.
Both are avoidable.
When it was first released nuris was way op with mobs having a couple ways to one shot well geared ppl, and bosses who could reset/full heal randomly often. They still have all the same attacks but they're nerfed, just numerously noticeable.
Only comparison now is the way mobs in the caverns maps, or yetis in humania can kill you b4 you say

"What happe..."

Yeah, now that I think of it more, the traps in Lion's Den also obviously cause you to limp for a while or kill you which is a definite slowdown. Hmm...

I think there are things in Humania that do this as well - as my bird gets another few lvls, I'll probably see. Maybe the green fart gas or a particular yeti. Wonder if where you get hit makes a difference or if PL even makes that distinction?