PDA

View Full Version : dont u just love lvl 55s and 56s?..... not

Magicfrost
06-05-2011, 02:24 PM
okay so dont u love it when u spend a few days in ao3 excited for lvl 50 so u can do sewers? well dont you!? cause i know i was btthen i started etting bored with ao3 so i hurried up got lvl 50 and now ill join some sewer games and get booted by some 55s this is absolutely ridiculous level 50s have to level some how we dont want to just stay at level 50 we want to get 56 just like most of you do. so how about for now on you stop booting level 50s because we arent that all useless i have a few people on my friends list that do this to me im not mentioning names but they know who they are. i would like to see some 55s get moved back to level 50 to see how it feels because i absolutely hate it! I can see why level 48s-49s are booted because they have like 50 armor and low damage due to not being able to use the level 50 items but me i have over 200 dps and almost 300 dmg buffed and alot of crit which isnt that bad for a level 50 so please stop booting us and remember we are people too we like to do sewers just like you do.

NECROREAPER
06-05-2011, 02:26 PM
That's why you run only with friends and not PUGS.

Youve also got your fellow guild mates to run with too you know :D I'm pretty sure we won't boot you ( or at least I wouldn't).

If anything though, you can still stick to AO3 until lvl 53, which is what I did.

Otukura
06-05-2011, 02:29 PM
I never get kicked on my bear, which is a level 52 currently. Most of the people do check your stats before kicking.

Zeus
06-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Yup, run with people on your friends list. If you are running on PUGs, expect to be booted frequently. I was, when leveling my bear, but I sucked it up. Realized, it's just a game, people are going to hate and if they don't want you in their party, well they are missing out.

thugimmortal
06-05-2011, 02:32 PM
im here for you too dude
my app has been playing up recently dropping to home screen
so ive not been on much

join public games you cant be booted from them

i didnt know you were in aeo too lol

LADYHADASSA
06-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Magic i am a 56 and getting ready to farm i have a contest to host, so add me up and join in, many are closed minded lol i have a lvl 30 mage that when potted can out live most. So add me up and join up :)

Fastcast
06-05-2011, 02:46 PM
sewera is to slow xp for lvl 50 i didnt start sewer runs till i was lvl 53 neways good luck on 56

Zeus
06-05-2011, 02:47 PM
sewera is to slow xp for lvl 50 i didnt start sewer runs till i was lvl 53 neways good luck on 56

Sewers is not too slow xp for level 50. Have you tried running with my party before? I can guarantee that you will get more xp per hour AND get to kill Gold Fever for a chance at some Sewer Pinks. You are probably just running in the wrong parties.

Hankomachos
06-05-2011, 03:15 PM
I'd say create your own game, since that's what I do! THEN YOU'RE THE BOSS! :) Plus we don't all boot, at least I don't, unless someone's being mean or something. I've done runs with lv 48s in the sewers and it all worked out fine. Just keep in mind; we're not all mean! :)
Here's a :banana: to brighten your day!
:)

Ayc2000
06-05-2011, 03:16 PM
You can always run with me magic frost, cause I've added lots of good people to my friends list who are super nice! Usually, if I join a game with all lvl 55s and 56s and if you ask whether you're too low, they let you tag along xD usually, I always ask a full group because politeness really helps...

IStrobe
06-05-2011, 03:20 PM
I agree... I'm lvl 53 and it still happens

NECROREAPER
06-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Sewers is not too slow xp for level 50. Have you tried running with my party before? I can guarantee that you will get more xp per hour AND get to kill Gold Fever for a chance at some Sewer Pinks. You are probably just running in the wrong parties.

Unless we don't get fire grated.... ;)

Zeus
06-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Unless we don't get fire grated.... ;)

Rofl, umm. I had somebody in my party leave because he was like, "Oh, I've heard of you, you like to blow people up."

DawnInfinity
06-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Rofl, umm. I had somebody in my party leave because he was like, "Oh, I've heard of you, you like to blow people up."

rofl

Zeus
06-05-2011, 03:46 PM
rofl

Lol Steph, I was like, "Aww". I managed to get you a few times, hehe :D. Even the smart Steph couldn't avoid it :).

XghostzX
06-05-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm sure this has happened to a lot of people :) don't worry we know how you feel and people can be truly close minded. Listen to these comments people who say stuff on this thread are good, nice and trustworthy people. Add me, i can help u out on some runs too. IGN: xghostzx

Gluttony
06-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Yeah, it happens and there is really nothing you can do about it. These threads are numerous and the people who don't want you in their group will kick you regardless. I don't want to be rude or incite a flame war, but we all know why people do it. Players who are higher level have more stats. Even a player with the best level 50 gear, is weaker than a level 55 or 56 with the best gear (based on stats alone). At level 56 you have access to 6 more skill points (that one more skill maxed out than a level 50), with pure DEX as a stat 30 points get you a 5% Hit increase, +1 Crit, +4 DPS and +1 Armor. I mean I know its rude to not allow someone to prove themselves to be an asset to a group, and I know that being a level 56 doesn't make you better than anyone else, but people have a short time period to weed out the weaker members of the group and all they have to go on is appearances.

JaytB
06-05-2011, 04:40 PM

ROFL :D You've built up quite the reputation with your bear LOL :)

To the op, safest bet, as mentioned here already, is running with friends. It avoids unnecessary frustration ;)

Ayc2000
06-05-2011, 04:45 PM

Lol, idk whether to feel happy when I get in your group or run away screaming for a fire extinguisher...;)

Arterra
06-05-2011, 04:59 PM
I sometimes like to host if there are no promising looking PUGS available, so as long as you see it you can take advantage of the fact i hate booting xD.

I will try to weed out the bad players though, so be sure to either be great or be open to the power of my advice ;)

Zojak
06-05-2011, 05:11 PM

Iso runs in Sewers with Parth =]

Roasty
06-05-2011, 06:05 PM
You aren't alone my friend, yes some NOT ALL 55's and 56's are mean, some can be real nice! I have this one friend "bayouvamp" and she's just so NICE! Other than that, yes some 55's and 56's can be real big snobs, and when they treat me like that, they'll be sorry they did.....:mad:

LADYHADASSA
06-05-2011, 06:13 PM

Lmaooooooooo to funny lol lol.. Now and again blowing peeps up is fun especially when not running with team players... Have also run with some fun players who all try to blow each other up.. Lol lol many laughs

Otukura
06-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Lmaooooooooo to funny lol lol.. Now and again blowing peeps up is fun especially when not running with team players... Have also run with some fun players who all try to blow each other up.. Lol lol many laughs

I need to master it, half the time I blow myself. Death count has gone from 24 --> 35 today due to that. Went from 4 --> 25 soloing OL/Gurg with 66 armor. >.>

Waterrforest
06-05-2011, 06:20 PM
U say ur dmg is good but what about others? Even a lvl 55 orange armor can win a lvl 50 pink armor

judgementbow
06-05-2011, 07:36 PM
U say ur dmg is good but what about others? Even a lvl 55 orange armor can win a lvl 50 pink armor

Sewers isn't a 55+ dungeon. Of course a 55 is better than a lvl 50 player, but they both have the same right to be in sewers. The only reason to boot a player should be that they are doing horrible or you a reserving a spot for a friend.

Gluttony
06-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Sewers isn't a 55+ dungeon. Of course a 55 is better than a lvl 50 player, but they both have the same right to be in sewers. The only reason to boot a player should be that they are doing horrible or you a reserving a spot for a friend.

In a perfect world you would be right, booting should be reserved for situations where people have actual reasons to want a player removed from their game. Unfortunately a host can boot for anything and if they don't want lower leveled players in their game it's their right. Perhaps lower level players should take it as a blessing; if they only run with other low level toons they can get scaled gear which they may be able to use sooner, plus it usually sells for more gold in cs (double bonus).

CrimsonTider
06-05-2011, 08:42 PM

Sorry bit I have to disagree with this assessment. I have played with and know 50's who are better than alot of 55's. Too many people have been power leveled and think they are better because they are a higher level. This is far from fact.

Yes, people reserve the right to boot if they are the host. However, the sewers are well within the OP's experience level.

Breadkeeper
06-05-2011, 08:54 PM
My favorite was when i got booted from a game and the tank they left in the game had just finished saying... "Im not sure what gear is good for tanking"... haha i was sitting there in full hate at the time. Didnt even get mad when i got booted for being lvl 53, just laughed and said, "best not being in that group"

Find some friends and stick with them. Best way to avoid the "boot"

The other one i like is the host booting a low level, then sitting there for 5-10 min trying to find a 5th lvl 55. I usually leave those games and dont run with the host again.

judgementbow
06-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Sorry bit I have to disagree with this assessment. I have played with and know 50's who are better than alot of 55's. Too many people have been power leveled and think they are better because they are a higher level. This is far from fact.

Yes, people reserve the right to boot if they are the host. However, the sewers are well within the OP's experience level.

Well of course I'm not talking about someone with a greater understanding of the game compared to someone who only "thinks" they know what they're doing. I'm talking about an individual person playing a 50 character with full pinks and then playing at 55 with full pinks. You will be a better player even if it's only gear wise. That's not really what I'm trying to pinpoint.

I'm talking about good players being booted from random PUGS with no good reason, just like the OP. Booting is a good feature to have in the game, but it definitely needs some fine tuning. If you boot enough people for not being 55, forcing them to do 50-53 in AO, then you will see those same people in sewers at 53-55 with little understanding of what to do because they haven't had much of a chance to learn.

CrimsonTider
06-05-2011, 09:53 PM
@ judgement:

I still disagree with the first part. I don't care if u have full void, sentinel, or custom: if u have no skills, gear will not make you better.

I do agree with ur second paragraph. If the lower 50's aren't properly exposed to.the sewers and guided, they will mot know what is going on when they are 53+. This goes back to my earlier statement where I am seeing more and more 55+ who have no clue what is going on...

I do my nest to teach but I am only one player amongst thousands.

neko
06-05-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you've had such bad experiences. I'll hang with you.

Gluttony
06-05-2011, 10:34 PM
@Crimson/judgement: You are both hitting on a major point and not really defining it imo; the people who try to join PUGs in sewers at level 50 can be inexperienced which could potentially give the host plenty of reason for booting them (they don't want to teach them the basics). Sure it's rude and a bit elitist, but if you don't want to do the teaching there is nothing forcing you to. There are plenty of 50s who are great players and understand the mechanics of their class, but if they lack general knowledge of the map/boss/tactics they can bring a party down (or even get them wiped out). On the other hand, it's possible that there are players level 56 who don't play they class very well, but they endured the grind to 56 so they understand the sewers. I cannot blame another player for choosing the experienced player over someone they may have to potentially carry/teach the entire run.

judgementbow
06-05-2011, 11:22 PM
@Crimson:I guess I still wasn't clear. I'll use myself as an example. After playing WoW and Runescape, this game is simple but it gives me someone to do to relax. I've played as a tank,damage dealer, and a healer already so I learned the classes in about a week (There is very little difference from other MMORPG's). Now while in CTK at 49 I was less effective in doing what needed to be done to clear the map than I was fully geared at 50. But as you said, if I didn't know what I was doing then I would have been just as worthless at 50. That's why I'm not really talking about that as I think it's pretty clear.

Sure it's rude and a bit elitist, but if you don't want to do the teaching there is nothing forcing you to.

From rules/TOS:
We ask that you abide by the following rules:
3) Do not do anything that will ruin another user's play experience!

That's what I'm getting at. I believe it was JustG who just did the interview and said that this game was designed for people to hop on, play for 10 minutes or so, and then hop right back off. Now if you join a game at 50 in sewers and get an instant boot saying "go away noob", your playing experience has just been ruined. Especially if it happens multiple times in a row. I've had it done to me while leveling my bear, the OP has had it done to them, and I'm almost positive that it's been done to multiple others. I don't even want to level my bird and put up with it until I can get some help from AEO. That's slowing me down and ruining my play experience. Now while getting booted with "s" and "safgkjg" may just be a little rude, getting booted with "too low noob!" and "hahah" is crossing rude and stepping into ruining the way I view the game. I understand that the host is allowed to choose who he runs with, but proper reasons should be given. No one would complain if the majority of boots were "sorry looking for higher levels". That's nice enough for most people to look over.

A language filter has been added, scamming should be impossible, and I believe that you can't say your account info in game anymore.. The next thing ,in my opinion, should address booting. There isn't much more than I can think of that breaks one of the 3 main rules.

Ellyidol
06-05-2011, 11:33 PM
A language filter has been added, scamming should be impossible, and I believe that you can't say your account info in game anymore.. The next thing ,in my opinion, should address booting. There isn't much more than I can think of that breaks one of the 3 main rules.

Vote booting, IMO.

5 players in a group, exclude the one being voted to boot out.

Leaves us 4 players, host brings up vote to boot, therefore 1/4 in favor of boot initially.

The boot only successfully happens when at least 3/4 are in favor of the boot, under the grounds of the common good.

3 yes' means at least 3/5 of the group wants him booted, majority.

Only 2 yes' means that only 2/5 of the group wants him booted, minority.

If the host still persists in booting him, when clearly the votes show majority don't, he should leave the game to remake as clearly, the majority of the group wants the bootee to stay.

Gluttony
06-05-2011, 11:35 PM

So you're basically pointing out people who boot with rude reasoning, and if that were to stop and people honestly added a reason for the boot ie. "You're too low" then you wouldn't have a problem with the situation? Well that's fine with me. I do understand why people actually put "s" and other various random letters in the fact that they do have to take time out of their game to boot and risk a potential death typing out an entire message. Perhaps the fix that we need is to have a list of preset boot messages (I know it's been suggested before), which would minimize the time it takes to give a legit reason for booting. I understand using the ToS to get your point across, but I wouldn't think booting could "ruin" a players experience, they didn't take anything away from you except the option to play with them.

Vote booting, IMO.

This has also been suggested and I'd have to say that it would take quite a bit of time out of the actual game and make things way more boring for me personally. It would turn the game into a senate meeting instead of a fun "on-the-go" game. The only way I think that this would work is if it is only allowed during the initial minute of the map start-up (before any enemies are killed), after that it would just get in the way like those big message invites covering up 70% of my screen while I'm on a run.

Kraze
06-06-2011, 01:25 AM
Look you join a pug you risk getting booted. It happens and move on. Much like the first time a bear blows you up on a grate the first time it happens your like WTF. After it happens for the 300th time ya gotta just laugh it off. IMO you are in a guild take advantage of it and run with your guildmates or host.

Ellyidol
06-06-2011, 01:37 AM
This has also been suggested and I'd have to say that it would take quite a bit of time out of the actual game and make things way more boring for me personally. It would turn the game into a senate meeting instead of a fun "on-the-go" game. The only way I think that this would work is if it is only allowed during the initial minute of the map start-up (before any enemies are killed), after that it would just get in the way like those big message invites covering up 70% of my screen while I'm on a run.

It definitely shouldn't be game disrupting, I wouldn't want that either.

There's this game that uses this option well, Heroes of Newerth. Anyone can request a boot, small "Thumbs up" or "Thumbs down" comes up by the corner of the screen.

Granted it was a PC game, bigger screen, same thing could be used here. Maybe that blinking ! when a boot request is up, to click that and a small Y/N pops up. Of course, if you don't do anything, that would count as a no.

Just an idea :)

Slush
06-06-2011, 01:45 AM
I'm not gonna lie, if you're not 53+ I'll boot you, simply because it is faster to level in ctk.

Whirlzap
06-06-2011, 01:50 AM
Lol Steph, I was like, "Aww". I managed to get you a few times, hehe :D. Even the smart Steph couldn't avoid it :).

I survived^

Whirlzap
06-06-2011, 01:51 AM
I'm not gonna lie, if you're not 53+ I'll boot you, simply because it is faster to level in ctk.
I agree with you about this, 100%z

joopiduh
06-06-2011, 01:58 AM
I run a 55 bird and I'd like to think I'm fairly knowledgeable on the mechanics. Thing is, I also run a 49 pally, on my way up. All of the above posts is one of the few reasons why I don't join a PUG. I only go into public dungeons. And even then I get the odd messages telling me to go to my level, when I'm on my pally.

Just in the past two days, I went into a PUBLIC room in the Sewers and one of you level 55s from the forum (I won't name names. No point to it, but I know who you are) typed out "boot!" I couldn't help but laugh and type "nice try...". And he left. But the show went on and we all came out with hardly a scratch because the other players also knew what they were supposed to do.

And another one just today told me to "get lost, 49", again in a public room. It was fun to see all of them 55s clumped together with fever and blowing each other apart. Well, just remember a 49 reved ALL of you and saved your skins while taking aggro as well.

You're bound to find people like that everywhere; people who think they're too good for lower levels. If you don't want lower levels joining your game, create a locked room. That function is there too.

My advise?
Know your game, have a good time.
The ignore button is there for a reason.
Don't go into PUGs unless if you know the players.
And when you get to 55, don't act as if everyone below you doesn't know jack. Remember you too were a lower level before.

Coincidentally, if you ever want to join in my games, you are always welcome regardless of level. If a space is reserved for a friend, I won't even boot you, but stop the game and pm you explaining the situation.

It's all about fun and games. Keep it that way.

Onafeasacoz
06-06-2011, 02:34 AM
Haha so ridiculous

Raulur
06-06-2011, 04:34 AM
I could solo all of hideout except GF at 48, so I know it can be done in a group. You just have to be smart about it. I loath running Hideout with ramdoms though, because I know I will end up tanking GF. It's not so bad if you have a group that knows to keep away when you get fever, but most do not.

lUp3
06-06-2011, 04:49 AM
I started running sewers when I was 45 on my bear :D when there was no level limit. Found some level 55-56 players who either liked my play or were too good to care that they let me play with them and level from 45-50 in the sewers. So ya there are nice people out there. One just needs to know how to handle his char. If my team mates have no objection against playing with someone leveld 50-53 I let them stay but if they tend to screw up every other second then u gotta boot.

Yvonnel
06-06-2011, 06:23 AM
I need to master it, half the time I blow myself. Death count has gone from 24 --> 35 today due to that. Went from 4 --> 25 soloing OL/Gurg with 66 armor. >.>

Parth blows himself up half the time too!!!