PDA

View Full Version : Discussion about magma

leo_gamerz
11-27-2015, 07:31 AM
What do you think about this new pet MAGMA? Which is better, Magma, Scorch, Singe or even Nekro? I wonder how much it will be in auction, hope it will be cheap and have a good skill

baymiyagi
11-27-2015, 10:51 AM
Anyone tested magma skills on how much damage boost it gives to the party via its additional fire damage and fire shield torns damage? And whats its armor reduction rate?

leo_gamerz
11-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Tested in CTF with my guildies with the pet at lvl11. Apparently the AA does not scale to level but I will confirm this when I have capped the pet.

The pet confers something I would call a fire aura around up to 5 allies (including yourself). The AA lasts 8 seconds with a 30 second cooldown. During the time that the aura is active, anyone who hits you gets ignited aka gets burned. He/she takes an initial hit damage followed by 3 seconds of burn damage over time. I didn't manage to capture the initial hit damage as it was quite variable, sometimes there was damage on hit and sometimes there wasn't. However the burn DOT does 150-250 per tick. Bear in mind this is only from one hit. If you're constantly getting hit while you have the aura the person hitting you will continue to stay burned while suffering the burn DOT.

While you have the aura, any enemy you hit will also be ignited. The burn damage is the same as if they had been ignited when they hit you.

With regard to the armor reduction that's supposed to occur on the enemy getting burned, I had my guildies check and they did not notice any change in the armor stat on their stats screen even on multiple testing. This may be a glitch, a result of my pet being too low level to cause the armor reduction or I have to do more testing. Maybe there's an invisible armor reduction, but I would need to hit someone multiple times in order to chart the damage I do before and after he/she gets burned.

This is as much info as I have right now. I should have the pet capped in the next 2 days, after which I will test it further. Additional questions I have at this moment include:
1. Does the burn DOT stack if the person triggers multiple ignitions from multiple players? As in someone hits two people with the aura, does it mean he/she gets twice the burn DOT? I had tested and found that if you hit one person with the aura twice, the burn DOT remains at 3 seconds and I only saw one sequence of DOT ticks, meaning that the burn damage only ticked 3 times instead of 6 as would be the case if the burn DOT were triggered twice from two hits.

2. Will the burn DOT scale to pet level? Or player damage? Or some other variable? My testing was primarily done with rogues at lvl46. Maybe others would want to test with other classes and at other levels.

More inputs from others would be welcome too!
Thanks for the info Safiras, i hope u will share other informations about this pet if u are already done. [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

★‡‡‡‡‡TAKE†IT†EASY‡‡‡‡‡★

Serillia
11-27-2015, 09:24 PM
Tested in CTF with my guildies with the pet at lvl11. Apparently the AA does not scale to level but I will confirm this when I have capped the pet.

The pet confers something I would call a fire aura around up to 5 allies (including yourself). The AA lasts 8 seconds with a 30 second cooldown. During the time that the aura is active, anyone who hits you gets ignited aka gets burned. He/she takes an initial hit damage followed by 3 seconds of burn damage over time. I didn't manage to capture the initial hit damage as it was quite variable, sometimes there was damage on hit and sometimes there wasn't. However the burn DOT does 150-250 per tick. Bear in mind this is only from one hit. If you're constantly getting hit while you have the aura the person hitting you will continue to stay burned while suffering the burn DOT.

While you have the aura, any enemy you hit will also be ignited. The burn damage is the same as if they had been ignited when they hit you.

With regard to the armor reduction that's supposed to occur on the enemy getting burned, I had my guildies check and they did not notice any change in the armor stat on their stats screen even on multiple testing. This may be a glitch, a result of my pet being too low level to cause the armor reduction or I have to do more testing. Maybe there's an invisible armor reduction, but I would need to hit someone multiple times in order to chart the damage I do before and after he/she gets burned.

This is as much info as I have right now. I should have the pet capped in the next 2 days, after which I will test it further. Additional questions I have at this moment include:
1. Does the burn DOT stack if the person triggers multiple ignitions from multiple players? As in someone hits two people with the aura, does it mean he/she gets twice the burn DOT? I had tested and found that if you hit one person with the aura twice, the burn DOT remains at 3 seconds and I only saw one sequence of DOT ticks, meaning that the burn damage only ticked 3 times instead of 6 as would be the case if the burn DOT were triggered twice from two hits.

2. Will the burn DOT scale to pet level? Or player damage? Or some other variable? My testing was primarily done with rogues at lvl46. Maybe others would want to test with other classes and at other levels.

More inputs from others would be welcome too!

Hai Friend-Saf!

4thefallen4
11-27-2015, 10:29 PM
i reaally think its not worth 1.2 m
the pet is good for pvp but thats it in KT4 its not that effective

Kingslaughter
11-28-2015, 01:19 AM
Is this pet good for warrior? Pvp

Shobhit Chaturvedi
11-29-2015, 02:22 PM
Ok so I've done further testing on this pet in a PvE setting, specifically in Elite Misty Grotto on an Orc Grunt mob. Unfortunately I don't have screenshots to share so you'll have to take my word for it that the numbers I share are accurate.

The AA description is as I had detailed in my earlier post: lasts 8 seconds, has a 30 second cooldown. Created a fire aura around up to 5 allies including self. Ally with fire aura ignites targets that hit it. Ally with aura can also ignite target by hitting it with any attack. Target suffers initial ignition damage followed by 4 ticks of burn damage over time, 1 tick per second.

EXAMPLE: one hit on the Orc causes an initial ignition damage of 400, followed by burn damage ticks of 180,200,195,190.

While target is ignited, it cannot be ignited again until the burn wears off. This means that two different allies with the fire aura cannot stack Magma burn status on the same target more than once. The initial ignition damage also cannot be applied to the samd target until after the burn wears off.

The burn damage is not affected by pet level at all, like the damage pools of Shady and Surge. Burn damage is dependent on the SKILL DAMAGE of your weapon. This will take some explaining. You know how lvl46 legendary bows have about the same damage as lvl41 mythic bows on the stats screen, but the mythic bows still do more damage due to them having higher skill damage? This applies to the burn damage from Magma AA as well. I compared burn damage while using legendary weapon and mythic weapon by using different combinations of gear and pets to arrive at similar stats screen damage while using different weapons. The burn damage when I was using mythic weapon was always slightly higher, but not by much (~10 dmg per tick).

Apart from the above observation however, in general the higher your damage, the higher the burn damage you will inflict. Thus since mages have the highest damage, they will cause the highest burn damage. Tanks will cause the least burn damage because of their lack of damage. However the difference is quite small (at 600 dmg the burn damage was 150 per tick, compared with 210 per tick at 1000dmg). Before you tanks think you can get around this by using Maul of Ollerus, please read the previous paragraph with regard to weapon skill damage being the primary factor affecting the amount of burn damage you inflict on a target.

To note: the burn damage is dependent on the ally causing the burn, NOT the ally with Magma equipped. Meaning it doesn't matter who used Magma AA on you, your toon will cause the same burn damage on a target.

The burn damage is not affected by what attack you use. So if you use Aimed shot, normal attack or Noxious Bolt, the burn damage caused is the same, only affected by your weapon skill damage.

The burn damage can be reduced by damage reduction effects such as Nekro shield. Burn damage is also lower if the target has higher armor.

There is an important note: the AA description on the pet page says that the target when ignited is supposed to get an armor reduction debuff. However this DOES NOT HAPPEN, in PvP or PvE. I checked for any invisible debuffs but even after I inflicted the burn on a target and then proceeded to hit it I did not inflict more damage with the same attack as compared to before the burn was inflicted. Devs please fix this so that Magma owners can truly get their golds'/plats' worth.

I guess that's all from me about this pet. I know this post may be tl;dr, so feel free to ask here if there's any clarification you need. Thanks!
Thank you so much for such detailed analysis :)

baymiyagi
11-29-2015, 02:51 PM
So its basically 2k aoe damage in 30 seconds without armor reduction taken into account (8 secs on 22 secs off). To me, 2k aoe doesn't look so perfect however 8 seconds on time and giving the buff to everyone will make sure that u hit every mob in the combat and ignite them unlike any other ridiculously random targeted aoe atacks of other pets' which makes the AA ability of magma quite great

Caabatric
11-29-2015, 02:56 PM
Ok so I've done further testing on this pet in a PvE setting, specifically in Elite Misty Grotto on an Orc Grunt mob. Unfortunately I don't have screenshots to share so you'll have to take my word for it that the numbers I share are accurate.

The AA description is as I had detailed in my earlier post: lasts 8 seconds, has a 30 second cooldown. Created a fire aura around up to 5 allies including self. Ally with fire aura ignites targets that hit it. Ally with aura can also ignite target by hitting it with any attack. Target suffers initial ignition damage followed by 4 ticks of burn damage over time, 1 tick per second.

EXAMPLE: one hit on the Orc causes an initial ignition damage of 400, followed by burn damage ticks of 180,200,195,190.

While target is ignited, it cannot be ignited again until the burn wears off. This means that two different allies with the fire aura cannot stack Magma burn status on the same target more than once. The initial ignition damage also cannot be applied to the samd target until after the burn wears off.

The burn damage is not affected by pet level at all, like the damage pools of Shady and Surge. Burn damage is dependent on the SKILL DAMAGE of your weapon. This will take some explaining. You know how lvl46 legendary bows have about the same damage as lvl41 mythic bows on the stats screen, but the mythic bows still do more damage due to them having higher skill damage? This applies to the burn damage from Magma AA as well. I compared burn damage while using legendary weapon and mythic weapon by using different combinations of gear and pets to arrive at similar stats screen damage while using different weapons. The burn damage when I was using mythic weapon was always slightly higher, but not by much (~10 dmg per tick).

Apart from the above observation however, in general the higher your damage, the higher the burn damage you will inflict. Thus since mages have the highest damage, they will cause the highest burn damage. Tanks will cause the least burn damage because of their lack of damage. However the difference is quite small (at 600 dmg the burn damage was 150 per tick, compared with 210 per tick at 1000dmg). Before you tanks think you can get around this by using Maul of Ollerus, please read the previous paragraph with regard to weapon skill damage being the primary factor affecting the amount of burn damage you inflict on a target.

To note: the burn damage is dependent on the ally causing the burn, NOT the ally with Magma equipped. Meaning it doesn't matter who used Magma AA on you, your toon will cause the same burn damage on a target.

The burn damage is not affected by what attack you use. So if you use Aimed shot, normal attack or Noxious Bolt, the burn damage caused is the same, only affected by your weapon skill damage.

The burn damage can be reduced by damage reduction effects such as Nekro shield. Burn damage is also lower if the target has higher armor.

There is an important note: the AA description on the pet page says that the target when ignited is supposed to get an armor reduction debuff. However this DOES NOT HAPPEN, in PvP or PvE. I checked for any invisible debuffs but even after I inflicted the burn on a target and then proceeded to hit it I did not inflict more damage with the same attack as compared to before the burn was inflicted. Devs please fix this so that Magma owners can truly get their golds'/plats' worth.

I guess that's all from me about this pet. I know this post may be tl;dr, so feel free to ask here if there's any clarification you need. Thanks!

one thing to add,
The burn damage doesnt affect mages with shield on C=

Zylx
11-29-2015, 02:59 PM
I like how scorch was included in "possibly one of the best" of the four in the OP, as if it could possibly be a valid assumption.

bonjovi3223
11-29-2015, 03:13 PM
So this Is basically a pet for solo runs?
"UNLESS"
You have a team that spreads out & attks different mobs when the aa is in effect, which is a very very difficult thing with all the pro pugs we have.

@Safiras - thx for your extensive analysis.

Ardbeg
11-29-2015, 05:26 PM
I can't provide a detailed technical analysis, but some experience: running any tombs with magma on a warrior with glintstone aegis is a blast. Reminds me of Slag in his best days.

nightmaresmoke
11-29-2015, 06:50 PM
I can't provide a detailed technical analysis, but some experience: running any tombs with magma on a warrior with glintstone aegis is a blast. Reminds me of Slag in his best days.

Magma is slag
ver.2.0

Serillia
11-29-2015, 08:54 PM

Hai Friend-Saf!