PDA

View Full Version : Why don't people like warriors?

Neisser Moya
11-27-2015, 01:32 PM
I am a lvl41 warrior with very good stats, nekro and singe as pets, and nobody likes to play with me. Why do all of them get rouges and wizards over me? Even though I would be better than them. I am a frendly player who likes to farm anything except tombs. Nobody seems to like the class Warrior itself, only those who play as them. Is Arcane becoming somehow rasist against many warrior or is this only happening to me? I go to arena with a friend and the majority of the people leave. when people don't leave we do the arena in a good time 4mins best 3mins 30sec. Lately Arcane is becoming boring to me because of this situation. If anyone would like to play with me add me :). IGN: Idrium.

Darkluciferx
11-27-2015, 01:36 PM
People likes warrior, but no lvl 41 :v

illwilly
11-27-2015, 02:09 PM
I am a lvl41 warrior with very good stats, nekro and singe as pets, and nobody likes to play with me. Why do all of them get rouges and wizards over me? Even though I would be better than them. I am a frendly player who likes to farm anything except tombs. Nobody seems to like the class Warrior itself, only those who play as them. Is Arcane becoming somehow rasist against many warrior or is this only happening to me? I go to arena with a friend and the majority of the people leave. when people don't leave we do the arena in a good time 4mins best 3mins 30sec. Lately Arcane is becoming boring to me because of this situation. If anyone would like to play with me add me :). IGN: Idrium.

Im assuming u are 46 and the 41 was a spelling error? If not, level up, few play at lev 41..
I allways party with 1 tank, sometimes 2 in events, but it takes time to know who is tank and who is PvP spec or dmg spec or whatever they are, sometimes running away from boss and all?!..?? imo tank class is hardest to master, u need to know more then a random mage or rogue, so if a tank thats known to do its job is online, why pick a new tank that might be a rogue wannabe...?
I do run random pt at times, and the part i really notice is if a tank is "no good", I need to move more and I die more. If a mage or rogue is "no good", it just take a bit longer to kill..
But if u are 41, i would go to 46 and theres new bosses and content for u, so boredom might be pushed forward..

Neisser Moya
11-27-2015, 02:18 PM
Im assuming u are 46 and the 41 was a spelling error? If not, level up, few play at lev 41..
I allways party with 1 tank, sometimes 2 in events, but it takes time to know who is tank and who is PvP spec or dmg spec or whatever they are, sometimes running away from boss and all?!..?? imo tank class is hardest to master, u need to know more then a random mage or rogue, so if a tank thats known to do its job is online, why pick a new tank that might be a rogue wannabe...?
I do run random pt at times, and the part i really notice is if a tank is "no good", I need to move more and I die more. If a mage or rogue is "no good", it just take a bit longer to kill..
But if u are 41, i would go to 46 and theres new bosses and content for u, so boredom might be pushed forward..

You are right in parts, i have another lvl46 acc good stats, I speak from both, lvl41 and lvl46 acc. My lvl41 in no pvp, for me pvp is boring.

illwilly
11-27-2015, 02:54 PM
You are right in parts, i have another lvl46 acc good stats, I speak from both, lvl41 and lvl46 acc. My lvl41 in no pvp, for me pvp is boring.

Ive leveled up 4 of my mages and tank still stuck at 41 (but not played on).
But to the point, not alott of mages and rogues stay 41, and if they do, its for km3 farm. I made a 36 mage for kershal crazy km3 at 41, but now its faster to pt at 46 then solo at 36 wkwk.. it now takes longer finding 1 other 36 then it do 5 solo runs...

Killian229
11-27-2015, 04:32 PM
Warrior is broken.with any tiny debuff overriding all your buffs....that's complete opposite of what should happen in half our cases.Warriors have many debuffs?weapon damage calculations are done by dps,which screws Warriors.their skills are the most lackluster in the game with their current way they do math.until sts realizes debuff>buff no matter the layering is wrong,they will not make a really good game(surprise me sts cause on that fact alone I have stopped playing al).think:where will skills be when lvl cap is 70-80?You must change this as I can see many many people doing what I did and quit when they see all emphasis on vanity and Little work on the core problem,balance(get rid of debuff>than any buff,this is going to kill your game guys please listen).classism.think.

Kakashis
11-27-2015, 05:42 PM
it's a really tough life for a warrior. The run may be effective and decent, but any time you get with a warrior during the run is always faster with a rogue or mage class. Most players are maximizing runs rather than going for effective runs. It wasn't always like this, but STS wants to go the direction of a true tanking class yet nothing is worthy enough to need a tank. When something strong enough actually calls for a tank, even the tank can't take the one hits from them and makes little difference. I run with any class, but most are choosing to run with only classes.

Neisser Moya
11-27-2015, 05:52 PM
it's a really tough life for a warrior. The run may be effective and decent, but any time you get with a warrior during the run is always faster with a rogue or mage class. Most players are maximizing runs rather than going for effective runs. It wasn't always like this, but STS wants to go the direction of a true tanking class yet nothing is worthy enough to need a tank. When something strong enough actually calls for a tank, even the tank can't take the one hits from them and makes little difference. I run with any class, but most are choosing to run with only classes.

Exactly, we aren't needed enough, so other classes are pushing warriors away

Bmwmsix
11-27-2015, 05:56 PM
Level up to 46 get bis gear and you are more wanted. One side sts is the one who ruined pve tank and second there are to much warrior out there who used the 150plat card (also true for the other two classes).

illwilly
11-27-2015, 08:17 PM
Level up to 46 get bis gear and you are more wanted. One side sts is the one who ruined pve tank and second there are to much warrior out there who used the 150plat card (also true for the other two classes).

The 41 jumping is no problem really, lev 41 in 7day xp lix and some 1hr xp lixes and ur 41 in a matter of hours, and if soloed u maby have max 20k kills now that lev 40 to 41 is lots faster then it used to be when 41 was max(and to reach it u need to go for green mobs from 1 to 41)<-not tested, allways killed blue mobs in wt4, kt4 and km3 when trying no death mage wich i failed at between 26 and 32 every time o.o .
From 41 a mage needs 7776 kills in wt4 to reach 46 (tested 4 times).. experience come from killing loades more then that, or tips and such from guild and friends..

Metoxx
11-28-2015, 02:46 AM
Regarding to warriors in this game are for supporting type... they rather like u when u have a huge hp with armor...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Killian229
11-28-2015, 03:00 AM
True tanks wouldn't be having to deal with their buffs being destroyed by any little debuff.fail game,won't be playing until its changed along with warrior development.Warriors are screwed over the most by debuff>buff.that makes no sense.layer them accordingly. Notice weapons only have stat for dps,no damage or attack speed(this also crushes any tanks dreams of killing effectively). Less statistics to modify=less margin for error.Believe me,they are so far off of what a REAL tank is,its very sad.I loved pl,got used to al and now fully realize how much they trashed the Warriors(and skill system with dumb math..).Get rid of the Debuffs always win(worst idea),skills will be limited and people who play Warriors will be cookie cutter builds of the same.pets and many buffs but heads,thats another fact.with only 3 character,warrior needs buffs(that don't shrink to trash Debuffs but only for their true numbers).warrior should be right up there with a mage for damage.A true tank can keep agro without struggling to spam skills to keep threat on him(stops tank from charged attacks),need a intimidate skill to raise your threat level.JUST LOOK with your brain into why I'm saying all this.I used to love sts work now I loathe it.add ele resist/damage.50% of game needs revamp .Good luck to all.

Maarkus
11-28-2015, 03:45 AM

Hi Idrium,
I completely agree with you i and many others have forseen such problems arising before and now Classism is in complete effect. We warriors have been asking for STS to respond accordingly and to be honest they have been trying... Not enough but atleast they are trying. So please be patient on dont give up on the warrior class.
Thanks,
Maarkus

Earlingstad
11-28-2015, 04:05 AM

You are lvl 41. Maybe go endgame and max yourself out.

The fact that warriors are weak is a commonly hyped notion but not necessarily completely true. Warriors are not weak, it is just that in pve runs, maxed-out rogues and mages are endurable enough to not need warriors. Their ability to survive without tanks is due to gear and pets which boost them in all ways (all stats), thus diminishing the need for a tank.

Ucamaeben
11-28-2015, 11:27 AM
I don't believe that most end gamers hate warriors any more or less then other classes. I'm a warrior and I have no desire to play any other character. I don't believe it's about what character you play, it's more about how you play the character.

Each of us should strive to improve our characters. I have a goal of 800 dps without para. It may not seem like much but it's something to focus on. Each of should strive to make the best character we can.

Remember this is about fun, keep it real and treat each other with dignity and respect.

Vixenne
11-28-2015, 12:16 PM
I don't believe that most end gamers hate warriors any more or less then other classes. I'm a warrior and I have no desire to play any other character. I don't believe it's about what character you play, it's more about how you play the character.

Each of us should strive to improve our characters. I have a goal of 800 dps without para. It may not seem like much but it's something to focus on. Each of should strive to make the best character we can.

Remember this is about fun, keep it real and treat each other with dignity and respect.

Good, wise words :)

Hustle
12-08-2015, 06:30 PM
People don't like warriors because warriors are as useful as bicycle pedals on a wheelchair

Motherless_Child
12-08-2015, 08:10 PM
It's not the warrior's fault...... It's the player's fault..... There are some useful warriors and there are some not so useful warriors, there are some useful mages and there are some not so useful mages, there are some useful rogues and there are some not so useful rogues............. Warriors are just not as popular as mages and rogues due to the lack of high damage and critical output........ I've personally ran maps with some warriors whose ability to play the character made the run a pleasant experience............

It's sorta like Zangief and Dhalsim in street fighter......... Zangief and Dhalsim weren't as popular as Ken and Ryu but if the right player played with Dhalsim or Zangief they could beat the crap out of you even if you were using Ken or Ryu............................................... .......

will0
12-08-2015, 08:33 PM
Not all warriors as per se it is the player as many mentioned. Many times i ran daily in rengol map some warrior just ran past the mobs and not help killing them or stand at the corners..... dang annoying

toxicwood
12-08-2015, 08:59 PM
I haave rogue which is faster but yea I dont like wars they too slow for pvp even though good health

Hustle
12-08-2015, 11:35 PM
It's not the warrior's fault...... It's the player's fault..... There are some useful warriors and there are some not so useful warriors, there are some useful mages and there are some not so useful mages, there are some useful rogues and there are some not so useful rogues............. Warriors are just not as popular as mages and rogues due to the lack of high damage and critical output........ I've personally ran maps with some warriors whose ability to play the character made the run a pleasant experience............

It's sorta like Zangief and Dhalsim in street fighter......... Zangief and Dhalsim weren't as popular as Ken and Ryu but if the right player played with Dhalsim or Zangief they could beat the crap out of you even if you were using Ken or Ryu............................................... .......

Warrior/tank is usually the hardest most important class in most MMOs. Tanks in AL are not even a shadow of what they used to be a few seasons ago an example of which is the supposed invincibility of tanks at lvl 7-10 where every tank u see has a 30:1 ctf/tdm ratio. It's as if Ryu suddenly turns into Dan as the game progress..you can't use the some warriors are good and some warriors are bad arguement if the class is broken.

Arkiouj
12-09-2015, 12:30 AM
While running elites on mage recently, I noticed there are alot of bad baaaad tanks out there. They might be geared in mythics with arcane pets but they have no clue on how to actually be a 'tank'. Maybe this contributes a little to not wanting to run with warriors.

I've mostly been doing the last rengol map for fang farming and all I see is a tank charge in (initiating the attack, this is good) and then proceed to spam pots and skills without any regard for party members in danger.. redzones etc etc. I see a rogue pulled in by the armored orc whos about to do his redzone 1 hit kill attack.. the perfect time for the tank to use horn to shield the dps and also regain some taunt on the mobs. If horn is on cooldown, use a taunt skill and pull/move the mobs redzone away from the dps... but all I find happens is the dps end up dying.. tank stands still mashing his pots doing barely any dmg with no environmental awareness while the dps run back. This is why runs are being slowed down so much. (Note this was in random elite runs)

Obviously they need buffing in hp and armor (things like paracelsus shouldn't 1 hit them either) and skills like jugg also need to be fixed but imo it's not just the class.. sometimes it's the players.

Vixenne
12-09-2015, 12:40 AM
It's not easy to play a Tank in any games. That takes skills, to protect your team and keep them from dying. Many of my friends are Warriors and I always look up to them because they don't just kill, kill, kill and have I forgotten...KILL to play. I read many people say having more Warriors makes PvE runs slower. Not true. It always depends with who's playing, may it be with the other classes. I salute to all Warriors who are still playing now and still improving themselves instead of giving up just because of what people keep bad mouthing about Warriors

Hustle
12-09-2015, 01:21 AM
While running elites on mage recently, I noticed there are alot of bad baaaad tanks out there. They might be geared in mythics with arcane pets but they have no clue on how to actually be a 'tank'. Maybe this contributes a little to not wanting to run with warriors.

I've mostly been doing the last rengol map for fang farming and all I see is a tank charge in (initiating the attack, this is good) and then proceed to spam pots and skills without any regard for party members in danger.. redzones etc etc. I see a rogue pulled in by the armored orc whos about to do his redzone 1 hit kill attack.. the perfect time for the tank to use horn to shield the dps and also regain some taunt on the mobs. If horn is on cooldown, use a taunt skill and pull/move the mobs redzone away from the dps... but all I find happens is the dps end up dying.. tank stands still mashing his pots doing barely any dmg with no environmental awareness while the dps run back. This is why runs are being slowed down so much. (Note this was in random elite runs)

Obviously they need buffing in hp and armor (things like paracelsus shouldn't 1 hit them either) and skills like jugg also need to be fixed but imo it's not just the class.. sometimes it's the players.

Try tanking elite rengol as a tank without an arcane ring Nekro and then tell me why the tank is spamming pots without 'environmental awareness'..u realize tht the 'rogue' that gets axed and dies before horn can be charged has 2.3-2.5k armor while the average tank has 2.7k? Do u think the 5 rengol elite orcs pounding away constantly on said 2.7k armor warrior are only tickling him? Next time watch a tanks health bar and see how often they have to spam pots to just stay alive. And u do realize a warrior can't hold taunt for more than half a second right? So has to constantly spam skills to even maintain aggro let alone be comfortable with it while spamming health pots so doesn't get squashed like a bug. And u do realize that a warrior can only heal every once in a while and not every time one of the 3 dps gets axed or don't move out of the red zones? play as an endgame warrior in elite even with full blood reinforced arcane ring and aegis in random elite groups and then comment on how the overzealous Mage who wants to aggro the whole map or the rogue who doesn't care if the gaint is about to bring its glitched club of death down on its head deserves the Warriors horn more than the warrior himself. U can buy health pots right? Learn to spam them like the warrior has to.

Fyrce
12-09-2015, 03:41 AM
Eveyone should play all 3 classes.

Chiev
12-09-2015, 04:27 AM
i love a warrior for elite orc etc. always good to have a nice warrior arround!

Arkiouj
12-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Try tanking elite rengol as a tank without an arcane ring Nekro and then tell me why the tank is spamming pots without 'environmental awareness'..u realize tht the 'rogue' that gets axed and dies before horn can be charged has 2.3-2.5k armor while the average tank has 2.7k? Do u think the 5 rengol elite orcs pounding away constantly on said 2.7k armor warrior are only tickling him? Next time watch a tanks health bar and see how often they have to spam pots to just stay alive. And u do realize a warrior can't hold taunt for more than half a second right? So has to constantly spam skills to even maintain aggro let alone be comfortable with it while spamming health pots so doesn't get squashed like a bug. And u do realize that a warrior can only heal every once in a while and not every time one of the 3 dps gets axed or don't move out of the red zones? play as an endgame warrior in elite even with full blood reinforced arcane ring and aegis in random elite groups and then comment on how the overzealous Mage who wants to aggro the whole map or the rogue who doesn't care if the gaint is about to bring its glitched club of death down on its head deserves the Warriors horn more than the warrior himself. U can buy health pots right? Learn to spam them like the warrior has to.

Play as an endgame tank play as an endgame tank play as an endgame tank blah blah blah... I've played as an endgame tank.

Hustle
12-09-2015, 11:35 AM
Play as an endgame tank play as an endgame tank play as an endgame tank blah blah blah... I've played as an endgame tank.

I really doubt u have or u wouldn't be here giving warrs grief..btw auto lvling to 41 and then running a few elites doesn't mean u have played as a endgame tank..In any case on this magical journey of yours as a environmentally aware lvl 46 tank how many times were u invited to grind elites with rogues and mages? How was ur pvp experience?

Arkiouj
12-09-2015, 12:37 PM
I really doubt u have or u wouldn't be here giving warrs grief..btw auto lvling to 41 and then running a few elites doesn't mean u have played as a endgame tank..In any case on this magical journey of yours as a environmentally aware lvl 46 tank how many times were u invited to grind elites with rogues and mages? How was ur pvp experience?

I'm not giving warriors grief, I totally agree they need a buff and skills need fixing, I was just saying from recent experiences in elite. I've seen many bad warriors but there are some good ones who seem to do fine. I didn't auto level a warrior, tank was my first class which I played for around 2 years. I have been invited many times to grind elites for fangs, farming northal etc only thing I couldn't get a pt for was arena. I haven't pvp'd this season so can't comment on that.

zauilet
12-09-2015, 01:00 PM
Badulaseros and topepapa r 2of the most skilled warriors I have came across specially badula...both r very well geared and skilled...try asking them :)

Hustle
12-09-2015, 01:54 PM
I'm not giving warriors grief, I totally agree they need a buff and skills need fixing, I was just saying from recent experiences in elite. I've seen many bad warriors but there are some good ones who seem to do fine. I didn't auto level a warrior, tank was my first class which I played for around 2 years. I have been invited many times to grind elites for fangs, farming northal etc only thing I couldn't get a pt for was arena. I haven't pvp'd this season so can't comment on that.

Badulaseros and topepapa r 2of the most skilled warriors I have came across specially badula...both r very well geared and skilled...try asking them :)

Guys there are tons of skilled tanks endgame everyone of them thinks the tank class needs a complete review..it's the hardest class to play cause if you are not extremely well geared mobs and everything else will crush you and u can forget about keeping aggro unless u spam 4 taunt skills (not jugg cause of the decade long CD) and land them on every mob every second of the fight. In the mean time u have to try ur hardest to stay alive with ur one heal prayers and pots. By the time u have run 100 elites and have seen people join see u and remap u stop caring about the OP rogues and the overzealous mages and focus on trying to stay alive and maybe loot something in 3 tank elite parties. Everyone tries a tank first finds out its not really fun and spamming skills on a rogue is more to their liking exactly because it's the hardest class to play never mind the fact it's broken. There is such a thing in MMOs as Tank Burnout which is cause of the stress being a tank brings with it..in AL in addition to this the game itself burns tanks.

Fyrce
12-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Ive seen bad players in every class. And of course, good players. Much of this is expectations.

Recently Ive been pugging elite wilds as a mage. I did not have any problems with a pretty good random group of 3 warriors, but I noticed lots of people leave when there are 3, or even 2, warriors. Ive seen worse rogue/mage groups than that 3 warrior, 1 mage group. 2 warrior groups are definitely not a problem.

However, people's expectations are that 3 warriors are unacceptable, so they leave or do not invite warriors. Expectations are near impossible to overcome.

Ilvias
12-09-2015, 03:11 PM
I like to run with wars, if they know how to play their class. On my friendlist are a lot great warriors. I also don't care to run with 3 wars km or other normal maps. What I really hate are leacher and beggers, people without pride.

galaxtab
12-10-2015, 04:46 AM
i'd love to run with warrior, specially in elite area so dont feel lonely brother

Bmwmsix
12-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Peeps dont like to run with peeps who are resistant to improve though its not only about warrior.

icyfrostbyte
12-10-2015, 08:55 PM
I don't like warriors at low level Like 10 in pvp. They have tons of health and great damage. Although that's a compliment isn't it.

Ucamaeben
12-10-2015, 10:56 PM
This whole class / character debate is really quite easy to fix. If you don't like it then quit, pick another game and go nuts.