PDA

View Full Version : Doom Weapons...

Nightarcher
06-06-2011, 12:33 AM
First of all, the new Forest Haven is amazing! It really teaches new players that PL is an intricate world, in which you probably should develop some self-sufficient skills in dungeons early on. :P

Now, to the Doom weapons, particularly the bow. I'm just wondering, as these are the only level 1-10 pink weapons you can farm, why they're so far below par in terms of Holiday/Plat items? I would think that since at the level cap, plat items are useless, brand new low-level and extremely rare pinks would at least be as good as the non-droppables.

Yeah, that bow does look pretttty sexy. I just wish it had a little more bang for buck. :)

--

New Addition:

Ok, I obtained and compared this bow to a level 10 Trash bow. Observe:

Spiked Bow
16-25 Damage, 0.7 Speed, 3 Armor

Orcish's Wildfire Bow of Doom
14-18 Damage, 0.6 Speed, 6 Dex, 2 Crit

So, with Dex applied (1-1 Damage and Hit), the Orcish bow compared to the former has:

1-6 less damage
3 less armor
0.1 more speed
2 more crit
3-3 more skill damage
A supposed fire proc that really doesn't do much?

As you can see, this is not the expected jump from the most common bow at that level to an item 1,000 times rarer. :)

KingFu
06-06-2011, 12:37 AM
I agree they should be better than some of the plat items, but I do think the WF pinks should be equal, or (debatebly) better since they are discontinued and rare.

小孩子
06-06-2011, 12:49 AM
I agree they should be better than some of the plat items, but I do think the ***WF*** pinks should be equal, or (debatebly) better since they are discontinued and rare.

whats WF?
ima newb :D
:confused::banana::confused::banana::confused::ban ana::confused::banana::confused:

小孩子
06-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Hunzzz your such a noob :D

See even David says ima newb :D

KingFu
06-06-2011, 12:55 AM
whats WF?
ima newb :D
:confused::banana::confused::banana::confused::ban ana::confused::banana::confused:

Winter festival:)

小孩子
06-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Faut sow :P

Orcish
06-06-2011, 01:29 AM
I tried! I figured my bow would be nerfed a little, it was a bit OP lol.
I still wuv it though :p
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/david_stocking_us/OrcishBowofFlame.jpg

Nightarcher
06-06-2011, 08:08 AM

I would up the damage a little, say 16-20, give it 1 H/s and 1 M/s, and maybe some hit%. Because hit is very important at low levels. :D

Conradin
06-06-2011, 08:15 AM
The damage is fine IMO (considering its .6 speed) I agree some hit wouod be nice, but with fire damage and crit- the bow is definately thr best out of the doom weapons. Though i dot have one yet- ill hvae to see but i expect that this thing will rail (dont know the range yet though) on a dexbear with rage (30 damage added)

Arterra
06-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Frankly those winter items are not scaled how they should be. They do need a revamp.

Otukura
06-06-2011, 10:13 AM
The damage is fine IMO (considering its .6 speed) I agree some hit wouod be nice, but with fire damage and crit- the bow is definately thr best out of the doom weapons. Though i dot have one yet- ill hvae to see but i expect that this thing will rail (dont know the range yet though) on a dexbear with rage (30 damage added)

I think they're more situation specific. The AOE proc on buwanda's staff would be better for mobs.

romgar1
06-06-2011, 10:30 AM
What prod does the meat masher have? At first glance at the bow I though, whoa that's low damage, but the prod adds some and what about the skill damage? All things to consider. That being said I still think it should have 1 m/s at least added

Nightarcher
06-07-2011, 11:26 PM

Spiked Bow

So, with Dex applied (1-1 Damage and Hit), the Orcish bow compared to the former has:

1-6 less damage
3 less armor
0.1 more speed
2 more crit
3-3 more skill damage

As you can see, this is not the expected jump from the most common bow at that level to an item 1,000 times rarer. Even though it does look beastly.

I might put this on the main post. :)

Otukura
06-08-2011, 01:04 AM

Spiked Bow

1-6 less damage
3 less armor
0.1 more speed
2 more crit
3-3 more skill damage

As you can see, this is not the expected jump from the most common bow at that level to an item 1,000 times rarer. Even though it does look beastly.

I might put this on the main post. :)

Try using rage. :)

Nightarcher
06-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Try using rage. :)

I'm confused. What about rage? :D

Otukura
06-08-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm confused. What about rage? :D

the faster speed adds more dps than holiday items, eg. the pink launcher/talon

Nightarcher
06-08-2011, 08:07 PM
the faster speed adds more dps than holiday items, eg. the pink launcher/talon

I was just comparing it to another droppable FH item there because it's more similar as they both come from dungeons.

Compared to a Sniper's talon/wing, you have over 10 less hit, subtracting more damage output than is gained through 0.1 speed, as well as having 10+ less armor. And with a Snowball Launcher, the extra damage and freeze proc makes it superior as well.

I might do a Plat talon/wing or WF Launcher comparison when I have time, taking into account hit, crit, damage, speed, and armor. :)