PDA

View Full Version : ArcherTalk

FloppyLlama
06-01-2010, 06:12 AM
I am level 13, though I do plan on getting the content packages as soon as I have money and advancing, and I feel that my health is still going down faster than it should. I'm not happy about this at all. I have the best things I can get from the store and drops that I've encountered.
It could be just the fact that it's an archer and I should be staying back and dominating from a distance but, I want to know anything that could help.

Duke
06-01-2010, 06:15 AM
Part of it is staying back and letting the tanks tank. Other than that, the Evasion skill is your friend. Maximize it ASAP.

In heavy fights, I find spamming skills works pretty well. And then use meditation to restore all of the mana you used for the next biggie.

FloppyLlama
06-01-2010, 06:21 AM
Any other tips from Duke or anyone that would make my archer unstoppable?

FloppyLlama
06-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Okay.. Well, thank you Duke. Only helpful person alive I suppose.

Sayishere
06-01-2010, 08:03 AM
evasion and restoration combined will keep you alive, you have to kill the mob, or in pvp the target before the buffs run out

kite them with thorn root or thorn wall or the knockback arrow to keep them back while restoration gets your health back up

KronicDecay
06-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Heres my skills at level 35, i rarely ever have to use a heal or mana potion :
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af328/kronicdecay/5e2e6979.jpg
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af328/kronicdecay/da0c5060.jpg

FloppyLlama
06-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Thank you Kronic. :)
Mine so far are actually really close to that.
I need to put some in Meditation. When I first acquired it I was like, "... Okay, I doubt I'll need that."
Now that I am a little further into the game I realize it was a bad idea to put no points into it, and I can't put any more until I get the DLC =/

Duke
06-01-2010, 10:14 AM
I didn't think much of Focus and Evasion, either, when I first saw the skill descriptions. After nosing around here on the forums, though, they're both "must max" skills, and I can clearly see the difference after catching up on them! Focus should be up as often as you can use it, and Evasion any time you manage to draw aggro. At higher levels, try to get some mana regen items to keep up with constant Focus (and Blast Shot) use.

Most of the debuffs are too weak for their costs, though the break armor is excellent against bosses. I've pumped thorn wall a bit, though, as both a last-gasp defensive standby and part of a big-battle "spam" when the bad guys draw in close enough (especially if you're hiding nicely next to the tank -- let 'em get close, thorn wall 'em, and then drop any other AoE while they're stuck there).

FloppyLlama
06-01-2010, 10:47 AM
I have Focus nearly maxed and Blast Shot maxed and I'm happy with those two, and the forums have given me a strong interest in Evasion.
At level 13 these are my Stats and stuff:
http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm458/ScubaStan1112/Floppyllama.jpg

Can anyone give me advice or tips on anything that needs to be different?

Sayishere
06-01-2010, 11:04 AM
unless you want to wear str gear i would say avoid putting points into strength, 11 points into strength gives you 1 H/S, if thats what you want then fair enough, same thing with intelligence, no point putting points in that unless you want to wear mage gear, or want 1 M/S via the 11 points

best bet is putting all points in dex because firstly it increases hit chance, dodge and increases dps

FloppyLlama
06-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Thank you. I was going to re-roll when I get Plats and do that. I also wanted to try Archer Mage if it's any good.
I would need to leave some points in INT for that, correct?

Sayishere
06-01-2010, 11:46 AM
yea you should check what gear you want to use in advance when you want to be archer mage, usual INT gear needs like 112 INT to wear

when going mage with archer you should put points into int and dex

FloppyLlama
06-01-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't really know what I'm looking for.

zorprimus
06-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Might want to stick with a pure class to get to know it. Maybe have a mage as second toon to see if you like it as well

Rebel
06-01-2010, 09:52 PM
As you get to a higher level, max out break armor as well. It really raises the damage output for you and everyone else attacking the monster. In a regular boss fight I usually use evasion, focus, break armor, blast shot. By that time I usually have aggro so the evasion helps you out. Keep using break armor/blast shot when they cooldown. If your health starts to drop, use restoration and if your mana is getting low, use meditation. This usually works like a charm for me.

FloppyLlama
06-02-2010, 04:25 AM
As you get to a higher level, max out break armor as well. It really raises the damage output for you and everyone else attacking the monster. In a regular boss fight I usually use evasion, focus, break armor, blast shot. By that time I usually have aggro so the evasion helps you out. Keep using break armor/blast shot when they cooldown. If your health starts to drop, use restoration and if your mana is getting low, use meditation. This usually works like a charm for me.

Thank you for the advice. I'll be sure to remember this :)

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm458/ScubaStan1112/floppyLlamassig.png

Duke
06-03-2010, 06:38 AM
I find Restoration to be more use as a boost during "travel" time, as it doesn't provide enough healing quickly enough to be useful once you really need it during a battle. Still, kicking it in just at the beginning of a massive and/or boss battle might provide just enough extra health to survive long enough to get a potion or a Heal from a nearby enchantress.

FloppyLlama
06-03-2010, 12:17 PM
I find Restoration to be more use as a boost during "travel" time, as it doesn't provide enough healing quickly enough to be useful once you really need it during a battle. Still, kicking it in just at the beginning of a massive and/or boss battle might provide just enough extra health to survive long enough to get a potion or a Heal from a nearby enchantress.

Yeah.. I've figured this out. Haha, since I'm stuck at level 13, I get no skill upgrades so I get to play with these ones.. The Resto skill is nice for my level, later though I can't picture it helping very much.