PDA

View Full Version : Your first nub mistake

Arterra
06-06-2011, 06:33 AM
I just remembered... as I was killing some green troll and i stomped him to death quite far, i thought "that will be a bother looting"

yes, it was late at night xD

but i remember killing my first few zombies and trying to click on them to gather their lewtz... lol got surprised when the items just appeared.

Fatpigwarrior
06-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Hahaha I don't remember my first but this is one of mine
When I was Jew to the sewer I ran straight into the king and queen room and died and was like RES! RES!

Jinlac
06-06-2011, 06:50 AM
for about the first 10 levels i sold all my items to vendors, cause i thought i was getting a better deal there compared to liquidating^^ :D

JaytB
06-06-2011, 07:01 AM
This is a funny thread... Brings back some memories lol :D

My first noob moment was that I thought I had to open the treasure chests first, to get anything from it. You saw this bear sprinting for the chests before doing anything else lol :)

I had no idea you could use the 'go to...' button to do a quest, I thought portals automatically brought you to your next quest.

Ow yes, I used to be a 'stomping bear' too before I discovered the forum.

I was level 45-50 before I ever heard of Ellie :/ It was my gf who told me she bought pots in bulk... I was like O.o, can you do that? :D

I didn't hear of xp pots before I was lvl 48 on my bear, never heard of power leveling either.

Yeah, I know, I was a hardcore noob :D

Otukura
06-06-2011, 08:03 AM
I hit the skill book button and spent 2 days trying to figure out where my other skills had gone.

._.

Conradin
06-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Lets see- before trading i some guy was selling a "glitched" snipers battle bow for 30k. So i spent about 70k on items (then when you liquidated it wouod be 30k, cuz no trading gold just gifting items) well after i had gifted half the items, and asked for the xbow- big surprise- he diissapeared. I was sooo happy when we got trading.

Corpser
06-06-2011, 08:06 AM
I have alot most vivid one is when goblin stronghold came out i ran up to a grate stood on it and shot it then eventually died and said hey i cleared this room

I may post the other tommorow let me sleep on it.

Arterra
06-06-2011, 08:23 AM
I hit the skill book button and spent 2 days trying to figure out where my other skills had gone.

._.

Oh god yes lol... Half a week wasted, some days it would magically disappear lol

karmakali
06-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Hardcore noob? I got you on that title. This is the first game I have played since my Atari days so I claim ignorance as well as stupidity....I ran around the first map of FH for several hours because I didn't realize there was a portal in the castle that led to the town of FH. I kept killing 3 zombies at a time....run to the other end of the map...kill 3 more zombies....back to the castle entryway to kill 3 more...wait for them to respawn and repeat. I probably had several hundred kills before I found my way out of there.:p

DarkPhoenixx
06-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Aww honey, my loving rookie :p

This is a funny thread... Brings back some memories lol :D

My first noob moment was that I thought I had to open the treasure chests first, to get anything from it. You saw this bear sprinting for the chests before doing anything else lol :)

I had no idea you could use the 'go to...' button to do a quest, I thought portals automatically brought you to your next quest.

Ow yes, I used to be a 'stomping bear' too before I discovered the forum.

I was level 45-50 before I ever heard of Ellie :/ It was my gf who told me she bought pots in bulk... I was like O.o, can you do that? :D

I didn't hear of xp pots before I was lvl 48 on my bear, never heard of power leveling either.

Yeah, I know, I was a hardcore noob :D

JaytB
06-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Aww honey, my loving rookie :p

ssssshh... Nobody needs to know I'm still a noob ;)

DarkPhoenixx
06-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Oh oops showwy o.O teeje!!

ssssshh... Nobody needs to know I'm still a noob ;)

Piosidon
06-06-2011, 09:29 AM
My first mistake was when I decided to become a str bear I increased the dex part instead. Didn't take long before I relized I couldn't use the swords I bought

Roasty
06-06-2011, 09:48 AM
My first mistake was back in november, I just started the game. And for a month, i didn't know how to add attribute points!

Riccits
06-06-2011, 10:05 AM
i thought to have to click all the time to shoot, didnt know for long time that when its auto its shooting automaticly :)

Otukura
06-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Thinking about it, this is probably pretty beneficial to the devs... let them see what they could make more clear/add to the tutorial.

Ayc2000
06-06-2011, 10:10 AM
my first mistake was thinking str atribute added base damage

Egoz
06-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Mine was not knowing that you could change targeting by tapping on the badguy. I was running out of room so the auto-target let go and let me pick someone else.
I probably ticked a few people off back then...

romgar1
06-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Putting point in all three stats on my mage. Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking. Btw jpgskill would have gotten auto muted for his typo in this thread. Jew instead of new.

Fawayleik
06-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Hey hey buddys, :)

I didnt do any mistakes, i was from first moment on "pro" XD

Greets
Kg

Mr.Wallace
06-06-2011, 10:30 AM
for about the first 10 levels i sold all my items to vendors, cause i thought i was getting a better deal there compared to liquidating^^ :D
Same.

._.
Same.

My first mistake was back in november, I just started the game. And for a month, i didn't know how to add attribute points!
Uhm same, but ONLY for two weeks.

i thought to have to click all the time to shoot, didnt know for long time that when its auto its shooting automaticly :)
Same. Until level 35ish. :confused:

Aaaaand I add: I found out you can tap to walk somewhere and tap to select targets around level 45. Yes. 45. :(

Arterra
06-06-2011, 11:01 AM

Greets
Kg

Lol we all know you are lying ;) no reason to boast, there must be something.

Roasty
06-06-2011, 11:39 AM

Greets
Kg

You're lying to yourself buddy :) everyone and I mean EVERYONE was a noob at some point, and that includes you

DawnInfinity
06-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Bought plat armors and weapons which I sold. I also bought exp potions with plat as well for a while..

Sky../
06-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Prioritizing dps above all else.

Didn't know about hosting my own game till a few weeks later. Come to think of it, i may not have know about joining other games too. I just walk through the portal and assume that's where i'm supposed to be playing.

Distributing my stats pretty evenly.

Being so cheap that i'd rather die than use my pots.

Then when i finally started using pots, i bought them from Menu store and not ellie.

Phoenixking
06-06-2011, 12:30 PM
In level 41 i learned what powerleveling was (cause i was forcee to do 2nd level in ao2 before djinns were added) and then about pvp at level 37

Piosidon
06-06-2011, 12:56 PM
It's fun looking at what kind of mistakes everyone else did.

KingFu
06-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Bought plat armors and weapons which I sold. I also bought exp potions with plat as well for a while..

That wasn't a noob thing! I think everyone but noobs did that! It was 3.3K for 2 plat with rainbow robes! 606 plat was 1 mil! So like 40 bucks for a mil (which wasn't bad. I think it was like 60-65 plat for 100K) Was awesome! Even if I didn't buy that much ._.

Mine? Keeping all my attributes even until level 16 ish. In all fairness back then I knew what M/S, H/S, and DPS were! I was proud of that! People would always ask in town:p

Ayc2000
06-06-2011, 01:08 PM
That wasn't a noob thing! I think everyone but noobs did that! It was 3.3K for 2 plat with rainbow robes! 606 plat was 1 mil! So like 40 bucks for a mil (which wasn't bad. I think it was like 60-65 plat for 100K) Was awesome! Even if I didn't buy that much ._.

Mine? Keeping all my attributes even until level 16 ish. In all fairness back then I knew what M/S, H/S, and DPS were! I was proud of that! People would always ask in town:p

when I bought plat items, I thought you couldn't sell them, so I liquidated for 0 gold...

Arterra
06-06-2011, 01:49 PM

plat items where giftable in the beginning? by what I'm hearing, no wonder they removed that.

Zeus
06-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Umm, I kept running the same dungeon over and over, because I didn't know how to get out. I didn't know pinks were the rarest item in the game either. So, would often give them away. Also, I didn't know how to boot people or use the /tell function. Hmm, what else. I sucked at PvP, didn't know how to play, barely knew how to play my class and what buffs and debuffs were. Didn't know how to trade. Bugged Dawninfinity a lot about how rich I was, around 3 mil during that time, which was A LOT.

Swimmingstar
06-06-2011, 03:18 PM
When i first saw the boot button i booted everyone saying hello or what does this button do?

Noctale
06-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Everytime I start to play a new MMO, I always try to learn everything about the game first before even thinking of playing it.
The forums were a great help. Everyone who plays PL should take a look in here.

noobmigo
06-06-2011, 03:53 PM
I hit the skill book button, and spent 10 respecs trying to get my skills back.

This was when you had pre-buy respecs.

Ayc2000
06-06-2011, 03:56 PM
I hit the skill book button, and spent 10 respecs trying to get my skills back.

This was when you had pre-buy respecs.

don't you have to pre buy them now?

Kossi
06-06-2011, 03:57 PM
not distributing any skills or attributes until level 13 ;0

Otukura
06-06-2011, 04:07 PM

No, before you'd buy 'token' like things, to use one to respec.

Sky../
06-06-2011, 04:08 PM

No. Now you pay per use. Before, you can buy a respec now and hold on to it till next week or something.

Ayc2000
06-06-2011, 04:10 PM
No, before you'd buy 'token' like things, to use one to respec.

No. Now you pay per use. Before, you can buy a respec now and hold on to it till next week or something.

oh, ok, I guess I joined after the change, lol, sorry for the noobish question...

romgar1
06-06-2011, 04:22 PM
When i first saw the boot button i booted everyone saying hello or what does this button do?

This is my favorite one.

Ebalere
06-06-2011, 08:19 PM

LOL

matamurman
06-06-2011, 08:28 PM
My first noob mistake was, when I first started playing pl I got to lvl 5 in the training part right after u make you char. I couldn't figured out how to get out of it so I stoped playing deleted it from my phone. Then I got board and redownloaded it and figured out that all I had to do was follow the quest. TOP MY MAGA NOOB MISTAKE!

Silentarrow
06-06-2011, 08:59 PM
My first noob mistake was that O kept deleting files cause i thought that a different class was better, then i was told that another one was better and so on.... I had about 10-12 files go up to level 18-19 then
Deleted lol... Now i have 3 char slots

Silentarrow
06-06-2011, 09:00 PM
My first noob mistake was, when I first started playing pl I got to lvl 5 in the training part right after u make you char. I couldn't figured out how to get out of it so I stoped playing deleted it from my phone. Then I got board and redownloaded it and figured out that all I had to do was follow the quest. TOP MY MAGA NOOB MISTAKE!

I think i topped it lol

jaminn
06-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Lol my most awful nooby mistake was I got about three halloween pinks by farming, and traded them to a guy for a grey :( fmlol

Swimmingstar
06-06-2011, 11:08 PM
I wonder how mad they were when i booted cuz hello lol