PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for perfecting Gale(skill)

Sky_is_epicgear
11-30-2015, 07:35 PM
Rough drafts of how changes to UI can be made.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/30/77727c284b03b548df519ca4179217ff.jpg(Once skill is charged use your finger to slide the icon to where indicated to active gales speed/push upgrade then release. A normal skill charge without sliding would also result in activating the skill, however minus the speed/push).

And maybe?
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/30/5673fae876276ce78a7f742e4649f14f.jpg
(Just in case you prefer how gale works as it is currently).

Your thoughts?
I know for sure some of you mages have considered some way of being able to control this speed since the aoe is very useful but at the same time you don't want to go barging into enemies and taking aggro unnecessarily, especially in pvp.
Cheers!

extrapayah
12-01-2015, 12:48 AM
yeah... many mages will definitely want a gale dash which we can control perfectly...

great idea, but will be a great challenge to implement the idea in devs' side.

but i think, many will happy if devs implement simple system like casting when you're in neutral position (not while moving) making charged gale won't dash
and it can be implemented to other jumping skills too (e.g. if we cast pierce when not moving, it will target nearest enemy, and while moving will focus only on enemy in front)

Sky_is_epicgear
12-02-2015, 04:23 AM
yeah... many mages will definitely want a gale dash which we can control perfectly...

great idea, but will be a great challenge to implement the idea in devs' side.

but i think, many will happy if devs implement simple system like casting when you're in neutral position (not while moving) making charged gale won't dash
and it can be implemented to other jumping skills too (e.g. if we cast pierce when not moving, it will target nearest enemy, and while moving will focus only on enemy in front)
Ah! You understand what I'm getting at. I also think your idea for improvement is much simpler and even better than mine. I like the initial concept of Gale, where you only got the +20-ish speed and I can see how STS made adjustments so each class could cover a lot of ground with the use of skills (which I also like, gj STS). However the skill has that imperfect feel to it. I know people gale into obstacles to prevent dashing forward too far, but to me it feels impractical since you cant move/change direction until the games mechanics believe you've performed a complete dash, when actually you're stuck behind whatever you "galed" into.

So if a Dev is reading can you pls look into this and see if its too much to ask to implement extrapayah's idea for perfecting gale.
Cheers!