PDA

View Full Version : My suggestion: An Upgrader!

Noctale
06-06-2011, 04:24 PM
So... I've been playing Pocket Legends for a little while now and i've come up with this idea:

An upgrader!

You know. An NPC that upgrades weapons and armours.

For example: You want to upgrade your Lv 55 Fury Sword.
You'll need an upgrade ore or w/e and a fee of 2k gold per refine.

Let's say the maximum refine (upgrade) lv is +10.
The first 4 refines are safe. That means that there is no chance of breaking your equipment.
However, after the first 4 refines, it will be (much) more difficult to upgrade your item to the next lv.
There could also be the possibility to buy platinum ores wich increases your refine chance.

For example:
+5 > 50%
+6 > 40%
+7 > 25%
+8 > 15%
+9 > 10%
+10> 5%

If your refine attempt was a failure, you will lose the item, your refine ore and your fee.

What will these upgrades do?

My idea is to make them increase the stats of your upgraded item. Different ores will enhance different stats.

For example:

Str ore - Increases Str attribute
Dex ore - Increases Dex attribute
Int ore - Increases Int attribute
Health ore - Increases H/S
Mana ore - Increases M/S
Crit ore - Increases Crit in %
Hit ore - Increases Hit in %

Etc.

You will be able to customize your item in any way you want.

I realize that this could be a big change in PL as people will be able to use their toons in alot of different ways.

Please, feel free to share your thoughts on this suggestion.

Lesrider
06-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Cinco said a while back he doesn't like the idea of enchantments that could fail and break the equipment. Would create too much drama :/

Noctale
06-06-2011, 04:46 PM
I love that kind of drama. It's like gambling and boy do I love gambling. :)

Nah, jk. It's a big risk that you take, but the reward would be great if you do succeed.

davidis57
06-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Plus +weapons would be sold at rediculous prices. I would like it only if you could enhance 1 time with one stat.

noobmigo
06-06-2011, 04:52 PM
LOL,
I'm gonna possibly put this on my thread.

Credits to you ofc.

@davidis57: easy solution would be to make refinements 100k each.
@lesrider: Maybe no gamble? Maybe optional. 100k for risking it. 250 for no gamble upgrade.

Lesrider
06-06-2011, 05:00 PM
That would give those with unlimited funds unlimited risk-free upgrades? Doesn't sound right.

noobmigo
06-06-2011, 05:08 PM
That would give those with unlimited funds unlimited risk-free upgrades? Doesn't sound right.

I suppose you can limit max upgrades to an items.

Maybe 3?

Lesrider
06-06-2011, 05:11 PM
A great way to make this a proper gold sink would be to make the items bind to the char if you upgrade it. That way people have to think about it before they do it, as they'd be unable to sell the item if they don't want it anymore.

Noctale
06-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Plus +weapons would be sold at rediculous prices. I would like it only if you could enhance 1 time with one stat.
I think that that would be too plain. The whole idea of this suggestion is to make it possible for people to be able to *create* their own weapons.

LOL,
I'm gonna possibly put this on my thread.

Credits to you ofc.

@davidis57: easy solution would be to make refinements 100k each.
@lesrider: Maybe no gamble? Maybe optional. 100k for risking it. 250 for no gamble upgrade.
Nah, I think the risk to break the item is already an expensive investment.
After the 4 safe refines there should always be a chance to break the item. Otherwise, it would be no fun methinks.
Also, thanks. :)

I agree.

noobmigo
06-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Oh, I get it now.

Dexmann
06-06-2011, 11:06 PM
the idea of losing your item would suck a lot! 1m item plop! down the drain! but i really do like the idea of enhancing except a better way would be to have ore and money and still have chance and all that BUT if you fail the enhance you lose the ore and the money but your item would go unchanged (im thinking like 50-100K) and im guessing ore should be rare too.

Ellyidol
06-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Revive Squared!!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12385-Revive-Consolidated-Upgrading-Suggestion

Noctale
06-07-2011, 03:35 AM
Revive Squared!!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12385-Revive-Consolidated-Upgrading-Suggestion

Wow, that looks alot like my idea. I didn't know it was there. Sorry for that. =(
Hmm, i've started to think that maybe the fail = break wasn't such a good idea after all...

Ellyidol
06-07-2011, 03:58 AM
Wow, that looks alot like my idea. I didn't know it was there. Sorry for that. =(
Hmm, i've started to think that maybe the fail = break wasn't such a good idea after all...

All good, that was ages ago, even before Crafting was implemented.

I think crafting is the most we can go though, in terms of upgrading. Hopefully more customization later though :)

Pharcyde
06-07-2011, 12:34 PM
This has been suggested sooo many times in this forum :p.

Pretty much never going to happen. Crafting is the devs version of "upgrading".