PDA

View Full Version : is tis wrong to do?

matamurman
06-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Ok i was in forbidden crypt farming vyxnaar, I was there fr about 2 hrs killing nonstop. So I'm making my way through my kill pattern now note I've been here alone for 2 hrs soloing vyx and 2 ppl in that time came in 1 lvl 25 and another 27 well neither made it past first room I leave it full, they died and left. Well a half hr goes by after the lvl 27 dies and a lvl 30 zones in he runs past me down the hall I've cleared with a trail of skellies he made it far enough for them to go back to the first room then he comes running back to me screaming Vyx at me well he stops right as he hides behind me. So this is what I do I did nothing. I let vyxnaar kill him. Now I've ben there for 2 1/2 hrs with no interuptions trying to get a helm to sell I kinda feel bad but I didn't want to kill vyx and have this lvl 30 reap the benefits of my farming for so long but there's no boot for that zone and he didn't say anything but vyx as he's running towards me like I was sopose to kill him for him. So was I wrong?

Conradin
06-06-2011, 08:31 PM
This doesnt need to be on the forums. So you let the leecher get killed- i dont think your morals bent too low on this one. Remember this is for fun so if theres no drama dont make any. But GL farming those pesky helms. I had the darnedest time tryig to loot (and lol i never did)

Ebalere
06-06-2011, 10:46 PM
And, for the record, he cant "reap the benefits of your hard work" or whatever, the drop is completely random, same as anywhere else.

KingFu
06-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Meh, if he looted I he would've gotten lucky. If he wasn't there to loot it, its not like it would have been your drop. It's completely random. I know it's stressful when someone loots something you've been trying to get for a while, but I isn't "reaping" your benefits.

Ayrilana
06-06-2011, 11:04 PM
And, for the record, he cant "reap the benefits of your hard work" or whatever, the drop is completely random, same as anywhere else.

Technically he does since he benefits from the OP killing Vyx for him. He gets a chance at a drop that he wouldn't have been able to do by himself.

Whirlzap
06-06-2011, 11:11 PM

Correction:
The drop rate is random.
But to whom it drops is not, im 100% sure of how it is distributed.
Thats the reaspn for all my pinks

Inching
06-06-2011, 11:13 PM
You did nothing wrong

Zeus
06-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Drop rate isn't random when you log onto 5 devices on 5 different accounts and secure the drop rates for yourself :). It's what I did sometimes. Rofl.

NECROREAPER
06-06-2011, 11:14 PM
What??
Are you trying to say that you're able to manipulate the boss into dropping a pink in your favor whirlz?

Thats porridge...

Otukura
06-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Drop rate isn't random when you log onto 5 devices on 5 different accounts and secure the drop rates for yourself :). It's what I did sometimes. Rofl.

Funny. David was just talking about someone who did that today in game.

Ayrilana
Correction:
The drop rate is random.

Nope. the drop itself does not get distributed differently.

All players get individual rolls (and rerolls if they are using luck elixirs) for loot.

-ALS

Arterra
THE ANCIENT ART OF STANDING STILL AND LETTING THE ENEMY CLEAR THE ARENA...

leechers beware xD

Whirlzap
06-06-2011, 11:16 PM
No, its more of a different way, several other games use this system.
It's called Point Kill Rates.
Bascially the last person to hit the boss or the one to deal the killing blow, theefore kil it, gets the best item(in colors) that will drop that run.
So yes, kind of like stealing other people's pinks.

Ayrilana
06-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Bascially the last person to hit the boss or the one to deal the killing blow, theefore kil it, gets the best item(in colors) that will drop that run.

Rumor/myth. Just because it's done in other games does not mean it's done in this one. Read my previous post. Individual roll means EACH players gets an individual roll at loot regardless.

Whirlzap
06-06-2011, 11:17 PM
To what Assomers said, he does in fact show trueness in that.
But, I've tsted it out, and found out Point Kill Rates only work in parties.
For numerous times I've gotten the best drop because i Firestormed the Bosss last hp

Arterra
06-06-2011, 11:19 PM
several other games use this system.

others, but not here.

how else does is it that you keep seeing the low level player that just came in for boss get the pink? or how i can lay there dead and get a shock lance? (true story)

Ayrilana
06-06-2011, 11:19 PM
For numerous times I've gotten the best drop because i Firestormed the Bosss last hp

You're trying to find a pattern in randomness where there isn't any.

Arterra
06-06-2011, 11:29 PM

please dont tell me you are holding it back until then...

Otukura
06-06-2011, 11:31 PM
please dont tell me you are holding it back until then...

What would you do if I told you I held back my taunt at all times just incase a grate appeared at the bottom of my feet to blow up everyone?

Current stats(taunting @ firegrates):
Kills: 29
Deaths: 6

Zeus
06-06-2011, 11:35 PM
What would you do if I told you I held back my taunt at all times just incase a grate appeared at the bottom of my feet to blow up everyone?

Current stats(taunting @ firegrates):
Kills: 29
Deaths: 6

Have I got everybody doing it? ROFL!

KingFu
06-06-2011, 11:36 PM

Not meeeee:o

Ayrilana
06-06-2011, 11:36 PM
I thought it was proven that skills/attacks don't blow up grates prematurely?

Otukura
06-06-2011, 11:37 PM

Oh, yes.

Kills is now 31, got a double kill!!!

Sooo wish I had my SS app going.. i screamed DOUBLE KILL as I did it and they were like, WT* is he talking about.

Skills and attacks don't... except for taunt... it creates a nuke. It also blows those things in Catacombs without needing to have that goo. I can now tell if a bear is actually taunting.

Arterra
06-06-2011, 11:37 PM

tbh i have not seen proof of it either... makes it hard to tell if it has gone off or not, but that is it.

Zeus
06-06-2011, 11:43 PM
tbh i have not seen proof of it either... makes it hard to tell if it has gone off or not, but that is it.

Mind logging in? I'd love to demonstrate it on you. :)

Zeus
06-06-2011, 11:44 PM

Chris, log in. I'll show it on you. Then you can tell me how you enjoy being grilled, well done, medium rare, or extra juicy.

Ayrilana
06-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Chris, log in. I'll show it on you. Then you can tell me how you enjoy being grilled, well done, medium rare, or extra juicy.

I trust you when you say that it does.

Zeus
06-07-2011, 12:31 AM
I trust you when you say that it does.

Aww! But I wanted to go to Forest Haven and say, "Serving a GOA, cooked medium rare!"

Ellyidol
06-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Lol.

Correction:
The drop rate is random.

It's random.

It's random.

It's random.

How do you explain all the pinks that people have gotten without even touching the boss? Completely unjustifies your claim.

Ebalere
06-07-2011, 03:09 AM
Ugh seriously whirlz quit replying to me and quoting me with ur crap. You're wrong everytime and it's an annoyance.

Raulur
06-07-2011, 03:56 AM
I always let "leechers" stick around when I'm farming loot. Why? Because I've found that I almost always get better drops when someone is with me than when I am solo.

Redbridge
06-07-2011, 05:49 AM
back on track

In response to OP I don't think you did anything wrong. There's plenty of different ways to progress this sort of thing but the 'visitor' didn't appear to say 'hi' or 'do you mind if i join?' which in my book goes a long way when entering someone else's level. (I know its not officially hosted), you may have not just stood there and taken the time to explain a few things else.

Valiksuhr
06-07-2011, 08:26 AM
This goes with the thread title - what about going to a public area that no one used plat to get and someone demanding you add them or get booted? (Wont bore you with details) yes its public but seems some ppl have no common sense....oops. Sry..was about to rant. My bad. *bows humbly*

Arterra
06-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Lol add them? As friends????

Ignore list better.