PDA

View Full Version : Need some motivation.

Ascents
12-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Hello all,

I am a spendaholic. I make some good deals but at the end of the day I just waste money.

Another thing about me is im a perfectionist. I hate dying and usually if I have more than 0 deaths I grit my teeth and get huge headaches. This is why ages ago I started a 0 death guild with talktothehand and I got 564k-0 pve and he got 899k-0 pve before death.

Another thing is that I used to be a lb player for aps but I lost all my work and now I am from the beginning once more.

My aim for the end of the season is to get 1million kills on my war and it hurts not being able to.

If you are kind and can quickly reply to my survey I would greatly appreciate it.

I am a wierd person you may think but this is how I function.

What do you do whilst pve farm to reduce boredom?

If listen to music what music do you like?

Any tips for motivation?

Any tips to reduce my stress to play and be perfect in game?

Am I wierd or crazy or over passionate?

Ask a question :-) and I'll answer.

With love,
Grimreaper.

Tabeer Amin
12-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Run wt4 as if ur going to get paid fr it and u wil be on lb soon :)

Edward Coug
12-02-2015, 12:58 PM
I will never understand those who obsess over their PvE K/D ratios. But to each his own.

I'd rather challenge myself by taking risks in the most difficult stretches of elite maps to shave off a few seconds from my best time or tempt fate by shadow-piercing a boss.

nightmaresmoke
12-02-2015, 01:18 PM
o deaths equals no hard elites experience

Ascents
12-02-2015, 02:11 PM
I will never understand those who obsess over their PvE K/D ratios. But to each his own.

I'd rather challenge myself by taking risks in the most difficult stretches of elite maps to shave off a few seconds from my best time or tempt fate by shadow-piercing a boss.

That sounds fun but I guess that's just who I am:-)

illwilly
12-02-2015, 02:25 PM
o deaths equals no hard elites experience

As a mage it is hard chasing aps as 0 death, but i think its possible for a warrior in constant damage reduct lix and no lag (ye im one of the lucky that lagg little or nothing) to do most aps without death..

Reason to play no death toons are: theres nothing else fun to do..

Nepos
12-02-2015, 02:39 PM
If youre on phone/tablet you can watch twitch streams while playing AL (little window on the screen).
If i listen to music i like mashups from "Mashup germany"...
I hope I could help you :D

illwilly
12-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Hello all,

I am a spendaholic. I make some good deals but at the end of the day I just waste money.

Another thing about me is im a perfectionist. I hate dying and usually if I have more than 0 deaths I grit my teeth and get huge headaches. This is why ages ago I started a 0 death guild with talktothehand and I got 564k-0 pve and he got 899k-0 pve before death.

Another thing is that I used to be a lb player for aps but I lost all my work and now I am from the beginning once more.

My aim for the end of the season is to get 1million kills on my war and it hurts not being able to.

If you are kind and can quickly reply to my survey I would greatly appreciate it.

I am a wierd person you may think but this is how I function.

What do you do whilst pve farm to reduce boredom?

If listen to music what music do you like?

Any tips for motivation?

Any tips to reduce my stress to play and be perfect in game?

Am I wierd or crazy or over passionate?

Ask a question :-) and I'll answer.

With love,
Grimreaper.

1. I play mages, so constant spam hp pots and generally afraid every pull, controlling 40 mobs keep me alert, but boredom is a big issue, cake farming and energy farming has been only thing keeping me grinding after death or cap..

2. Nope, but tv usually on in the backround.

3. Maby sts make a 1m pve kill achivement, totally possible imo since its probably easyer then pve flags and kills..

4. Dont delete when u die, its still a goal to reach 1m before x deaths, x beeing a number u choose;)

5. Hm, maby all 3.. but call it perfectionalist.

6. Would u kick yourself from guild if u died? Wkwk:D

mesalin
12-02-2015, 02:50 PM
1. I run kraag tombs or watchers tombs 4 for pve. If i bored? Getting party and run arena, planar tombs , elites And many more.
2. I listen to all! You should try too. Some trap music, rock , pop, remix, rap and many more. I can pm you more details about band and artists.
3. My friends and guild are my motivation. All i do is for them, be strong and look not so nob hahaha especially if you're guild officer or master. If you prefer solo then hmmm
Do it for yourself, remember one : Play for fun! If you gonna take it too serious you'll only get mad.
4. Nobody is perfect. For reduce stress maybe turn off guild chat and just take it out on mobs in wt4 :)
See point 3. Play for fun! If you're stress better don't go any hard map because you'll stress more and die.
5. Ask yourself and you'll know ahaaha because who know us better than we our self?
6. OK here go question
Did you seen arcane deary? Hahaa xD
P.S
My ign
Mesachuu

<Forgiveness>

Ascents
12-02-2015, 03:48 PM
1. I play mages, so constant spam hp pots and generally afraid every pull, controlling 40 mobs keep me alert, but boredom is a big issue, cake farming and energy farming has been only thing keeping me grinding after death or cap..

2. Nope, but tv usually on in the backround.

3. Maby sts make a 1m pve kill achivement, totally possible imo since its probably easyer then pve flags and kills..

4. Dont delete when u die, its still a goal to reach 1m before x deaths, x beeing a number u choose;)

5. Hm, maby all 3.. but call it perfectionalist.

6. Would u kick yourself from guild if u died? Wkwk:D

Well I deleted my alts when died so they auto booted from guild.

Schnitzel
12-02-2015, 06:16 PM
1. Music

2. Music I listen to:
Chelsea Grin, Amon Amarth,
Motionless in White, Parkway Drive,
Be'Lakor, Arch Enemy, Avenged Sevenfold,
Escape the Fate, Insomnium...
....basically: A LOT of Deathcore and Death Metal

3. The video below.

5. No idea..

Here's some motivation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

just...DO IT!!!!

Ebezaanec
12-02-2015, 06:35 PM
1. I don't PvE kill-farm anymore. Two seasons ago I used to but somewhere along the line I realized that the numbers on the screen truly meant nothing to me and the satisfaction I got out of it was marginal. I stopped focusing on it and instead focused on farming elite with friends and playing some friendly PvP matches. Yes, everything I did meant nothing anyways (all the stuff is virtual), but I did it with people, people I cared about. It wasn't a mindless run all alone in KT4, but a fun, and I might argue, more rewarding experience.

2. I listen to Guns N' Roses, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and a little bit of Skid Row. Just load it up, turn on the speakers loud, and hit shuffle!

3. Motivation for PvE kill farming? Well, you can set goals for yourself like 400k or 555,555 kills. Or maybe set a minimum kill count each day? 5k daily or something.

4. Hate to break it to you, but you can be perfectly imperfect. And that's ok. All we can do is strive to be the best we can be, and know that we tried our hardest in the end. There are things out of our control like ping, but you just gotta accept it.

5. Normal is weird.

6. More of a remark than a question, but I like the fact that your IGN is Grimreaper and you're obsessed about not dying.

xutreuqux
12-02-2015, 06:41 PM
1. I dont usually do this but when i do its for guild contest so yea i think abt the prizes and that keeps me awake.

2. I listen to dj songs, love calvin harris.

3. Just think abt ppl will screenshot u when they see ur pvp kd xD

4. Well to be perfect u dont need 0 deaths. 0 deaths doesnt mean ur actually skilled in pve.

5. Imo not cuz many ppl is also worried abt pve kdr

6. Try twinking xd its the only fun thing in AL imo.

Sent from my LG-D410 using Tapatalk

Critxz
12-03-2015, 03:24 AM
And what have you achieved? More stress, more stress, human wants are infinite, you'll just go on wanting more and more and when you grow old and look back in what you have achieved in life, you'll be so proud to say, 'I have achieved 1 million kills with 0 deaths in arcane legends' while your other friend, who didn't play this game in his youth but kept studying hard and eventually became the CEO of some company he established and then decided to buy space time studious. Then he tells his engineers to make him a character with 10000000000 kills and 0 deaths, the engineers then presses 10000000000 on their keyboard and voila, in 2 seconds of his life, he does it tenfold more than what you could do in 99 years of your life. Now how about this for motivation.

Sent from my iris405 using Tapatalk

Pillowhead
12-03-2015, 04:17 AM
And what have you achieved? More stress, more stress, human wants are infinite, you'll just go on wanting more and more and when you grow old and look back in what you have achieved in life, you'll be so proud to say, 'I have achieved 1 million kills with 0 deaths in arcane legends' while your other friend, who didn't play this game in his youth but kept studying hard and eventually became the CEO of some company he established and then decided to buy space time studious. Then he tells his engineers to make him a character with 10000000000 kills and 0 deaths, the engineers then presses 10000000000 on their keyboard and voila, in 2 seconds of his life, he does it tenfold more than what you could do in 99 years of your life. Now how about this for motivation.

Sent from my iris405 using Tapatalk
Life is hard

Candylicks
12-03-2015, 08:17 AM
If it's causing stress then you should consider why you are doing this. The game should be fun and when it begins to feel like a chore it's time to switch up what you are doing or simply take a game break.

I got there and quit, and my life is better ten fold.

Ravager
12-03-2015, 09:02 AM
1. Play at work if you can or wait till there's an 2x event to double the value of farming kills.

2. Dark Wave, Industrial, EBM, Punk, Metal, Erotic

3. Play at work

4. Take a break.

5. It doesn't matter and shouldn't matter.

6. N/A

Serancha
12-03-2015, 10:37 AM
2. Dark Wave, Industrial, EBM, Punk, Metal, Erotic

Eew! How are we friends? :P

Fyrce
12-03-2015, 10:58 AM
I play only when i am having fun. When i am no longer having fun, i stop. Sometimes i stop for months. When i started thinking its fun again, i play again.

Ninetofive
12-03-2015, 11:52 AM
Best thing you can do is have the right expectations. Farming is a long-term prospect so don't expect it to happen overnight. Impatience will kill your chances of success almost instantly. Set small goals and think about how far you've come, not how far you still have.

Ztte
12-03-2015, 01:58 PM
#1 - Never try to be perfect.