PDA

View Full Version : Gold Fever

KingFu
06-07-2011, 12:55 AM
What's up with him? I was on my tank leveling, he's level 54. Has 150 armor, had X3 elixir pot, and kept getting one shot by GF. That didn't even happen on my 55 Mage! I'm really confused. Am I just being turnip-y and doing something wrong? O.o:confused:

Ellyidol
06-07-2011, 12:56 AM
The gold fever bomb?

Last I remember, speed pots make you one-shotted by the fever.

Arterra
06-07-2011, 12:58 AM
if you seperate yourself, you should not die like that. my dexmage lives happily with constant aggro and bombing.

I find that it one shots me if it affects others too. my blast and their blast both hurt me i think.

Ayrilana
06-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Were you keeping the proper distance from him and everyone else?

KingFu
06-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Were you keeping the proper distance from him and everyone else?

I was tanking so I struggled with it at times, but even when I had a fair distance between him and I, I still proceeded to get one shotted. Only twice did I make it through and even that I had very little HP left.

Gluttony
06-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Last I remember, speed pots make you one-shotted by the fever.

I have also heard stories about the Trash/Dumpster elixir causing players to fall victim to GF's one hitter quitter. I never really knew anyone (cept Speedmon) who would only use the speed elixir and now that it's gone only the combo elixir can accomplish it.

This has been discussed a bit, you can find the original thread HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20177-Gold-Fever-Trash-Can-Punch-Instant-Death).

Glitch: When you're on the Trash Can Punch and you're affected by 'Gold Fever', you get instantly killed no matter what your health is.

DawnInfinity
06-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Yeah, if I remember correctly, trash can punches cause you to be one-hitted by GF. At least they don't go away when you die now.

Otukura
06-07-2011, 01:25 AM
I have also heard stories about the Trash/Dumpster elixir causing players to fall victim to GF's one hitter quitter. I never really knew anyone (cept Speedmon) who would only use the speed elixir and now that it's gone only the combo elixir can accomplish it.

This has been discussed a bit, you can find the original thread HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20177-Gold-Fever-Trash-Can-Punch-Instant-Death).

Wow.... thanks!!

Ellyidol
06-07-2011, 01:26 AM

Yup, there you go :)

I don't usually speed pot/trash can, so I can't fully say that it always does. But from what I remember, if I did get fever when on Trash Can, yeah one shot.

NECROREAPER
06-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Sometimes its survivable though, theres been quite a few times i've lived through it when 30 min. potted, probably on the order of a dozen or so. However, I'd rather not count the times i've gotten one shotted by him -_-

Whirlzap
06-07-2011, 01:30 AM
Why are you soloing him in the first place!

Otukura
06-07-2011, 01:31 AM

Some people like a challenge!!!

I've racked up so many deaths on my mage that way.. didn't realize that the Trash Cans screwed with me :(

Gluttony
06-07-2011, 01:34 AM

Soloing is fun and it's a decent way for you to test builds, gear combinations and your tactics. I solo quite a bit actually and that's what I use it for, I don't pot tho. Not to mention that some bosses are easier solo, like Gurg, GF can be one too since you don't have to worry about your spacing when you have fever.

Kraze
06-07-2011, 04:11 PM
He wasn't soloing we had a full group and he would get one hit while my int bird would only lose 1/3 of his hp. Btw myst nice use of the proper term turnip.

Moogerfooger
06-07-2011, 04:33 PM
You will also get one-hitted by using a damage elixir, as well as the aforementioned Trash Can. Phys and I tested it with unfortunate (for us) results :D

Moogerfooger
06-07-2011, 04:33 PM

Because we can.

Mennddoza
06-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Solo? haha ive only soloed Roach and Trash Heap in BS... Imma try Gold Fever see if its a challenge thats worth taking on!

KingFu
06-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Solo? haha ive only soloed Roach and Trash Heap in BS... Imma try Gold Fever see if its a challenge thats worth taking on!

I soloed all the bosses in ao3, haven't tries Sewers. Only soloed queen and king. Fever isn't a big challenged, just his heals make it take a while. I've tried facing him, only thing needed is nice damage output and time.

Otukura
06-07-2011, 08:59 PM

Roach is the hardest for me, one hits most of the time, and if it doesn't, it's recovery it extremely fast. I'll kite kite kite kite kite kite kite kite... it's 1/20th hp... bam.. dead. :(

Heavenanjel
06-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Lol kraze u said turnip hahaha

Duped
06-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Roach is the hardest for me, one hits most of the time, and if it doesn't, it's recovery it extremely fast. I'll kite kite kite kite kite kite kite kite... it's 1/20th hp... bam.. dead. :(

Really?? I solo'd Roach quite a few times, just switch a crossbow so you can keep range with him safely. IMO he's by far the easiest boss in sewers, I've only solo'd him on my 52 bird, and on my 55 dual dex bear though, mage would be tough.

Phoenixking
06-08-2011, 11:24 AM
I never soloed its,tough im not so good with any,of my vhars lol muahahaah i got to try it!!!!!