PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for plat tier rewards for upcoming event

Sky_is_epicgear
12-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Something unique that's not tradable.
Some possible ideas for what i would like to see as a plat tier reward in the future.

2 skill points.
100 inventory slots.
30 platinum / 1 free massive ren'gol crate platinum-less open.
Limited edition event gear (not vanity) with "decent" stats.

There should be another extra reward benchmark that returns half the pots you've used and 1/3 of ankhs from the start of the event. Just a bit of compensation for working so hard i think. Eg. If plat tier is 5k points. After a player hits 15k points they would receive the compensation.

Thoughts?

mesalin
12-05-2015, 12:14 PM
My idea. Something good. Non another vanity weapon, all sick of it. Pointless.
Idea for bronze tier
Banner and 3 free event crates and one energy point.
Silver.
One event locked. And 1 energy kit.
Gold.
New legendary pet/ egg( depends it will be trade able or not) hope for good stats and aa. Please don't nerf it if it will be very good( like fantasma before)
And maybe an standard jewel ( fury for war etc etc.)
Platinum.
How about jewel combo recipe? Many may be not agreed but just give us that we can stack 2 jewels by this recipe.
What i mean is we can mix jewels and make one( we can mix jewels only if they will have same lvl) better?
Like standard fury and diamond 2in1. It will be not so op like eye but hmm it can help many players who didn't got eyes in gear get better stats. Recipe will have multiple use and will be not trade able! So we need work for it.
If sts wish mix jewels will be not trade able too. We need split them to sell.
Like?

illidan
12-06-2015, 05:19 AM
Well,bronze,silver and gold was pretty good made (don't screw it up sts... +1 for now ;-). ) but plat tier is mostly lower rewarded then gold tier.... Just look:
-ursoth: GOLD = fanta
PLAT = vanity + (useless) title

-halloween2015: GOLD = slobber

...Im fortuneteller guyz :P
-winter2015: GOLD: wintery fox pet
PLAT: *drums effect* Vanity + title ! Yeeee

....there were only 2 events in al that worthed to play till plat - halloween2014 and winter2014

List of items we need in plat tier from some incoming events:
-jewels ...well,we cant get nobble by farming :) maybe some watter/nature ,but we can forget about primary stat jewels
-free plat ... Yea,I know that plat keaps servers running, but im sure 30plat wont ruin sts
-ankhs ... 100ankhs is pretty nice compensation for playing event 4hours daily :)
- gear ... Hold on! By gear I dont mean previous "gear" u gave us...gear should have usefull stats

U like adding titles? Sure,go ahead, but no1 uses title which is big as ur whole screen - add one-word title

PS: sry for such a long post,I've just got few words to say :P

xutreuqux
12-06-2015, 05:43 AM
My idea:
Bronze: banner as usual.

Silver: 3 epic event chest as usual. And since this is where most new players end up, i would suggest 50 hp and mp potions and 10 ankhs and xp elix to keep new players interested.

Gold: pet as usual. Pls one with mana regen and make it untradeable like nilbog. Its better

Plat: title is cool, but pls not only that. Maybe an untradeable exclusive event equipment but not too op like goblin ring... or 30 plat (i wanna rename ugh). Pls 30 plat toooo xD

Sent from my LG-D410 using Tapatalk

extrapayah
12-06-2015, 06:35 AM
vanity and title for plat tier is good these are excellent prize for normal players, in fact, sts should make plat tier easier to be reached,

but things from token vendor needs to be better, it needs something that can motivate player to run continuously for event, not only stopped at some tier, like event chests which has chance of mythic with reasonable craft time (12h is too long), and reasonable token price, vanity on token vendor is not good enough, because it's not consumables

Teh Zhi Hong
12-06-2015, 08:17 AM
Maybe introduce another pet which the Token vendor sells for 1500 tokens thats has good stats just like NS? Goblin 2k15 was the only event I grinded for just to get NS and it was all worth it. I often see end game players with pretty bad pets and this would give them an oppurtunity to obtain a very decent pet if they cant afford arcane pets. This would also teach players to be hardworking if they want to achieve something.

Dex Scene
12-06-2015, 11:43 AM
2 skill point is a bad idea.
It is same as the introducing para or eye gem idea but even worse.
A game shouldn't give out a game changing stuff in an event which anyone can miss out and they will have no way to get it later.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Motherless_Child
12-06-2015, 12:00 PM
A game shouldn't give out a game changing stuff in an event which anyone can miss out and they will have no way to get it later.

Yeah.... Ditto that.............................................. .................................................. ..

Sky_is_epicgear
12-06-2015, 01:39 PM

I would pay plat to unlock additional skills points on my twink. In many, many mmos I've played in my time it was always possible to use the premium currency of that game in order to unlock skills. How can this compared to para and eyes which are not character bound??

Dex Scene
12-06-2015, 01:52 PM
I would pay plat to unlock additional skills points on my twink. In many, many mmos I've played in my time it was always possible to use the premium currency of that game in order to unlock skills. How can this compared to para and eyes which are not character bound??
Para and eye gems are the strongest gems in the game which was only available for one event.
Therefore people who missed the event, have no chance to farm those gems. If one cannot farm for better game stuffs, a rpg game lose it's point.
What's the point of playing RPG games? To develop your character. But if they discontinue the best item it will not appeal new players.
Event rewards being a game changing item only serve that purpose.

Now if they give additional skill points, people who played this event will have upper hand over people who missed it or people who will join this game later.
They would have no way to get equal no matter how much they farm or do hardwork.
Since you are a TWINK, you won't understand the developing a character part but you will understand how every additional skill points plays a big factor in pvp.

Sky_is_epicgear
12-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Para and eye gems are the strongest gems in the game which was only available for one event.
Therefore people who missed the event, have no chance to farm those gems. If one cannot farm for better game stuffs, a rpg game lose it's point.
What's the point of playing RPG games? To develop your character. But if they discontinue the best item it will not appeal new players.
Event rewards being a game changing item only serve that purpose.

Now if they give additional skill points, people who played this event will have upper hand over people who missed it or people who will join this game later.
They would have no way to get equal no matter how much they farm or do hardwork.
Since you are a TWINK, you won't understand the developing a character part but you will understand how every additional skill points plays a big factor in pvp.

So you're worried that TWO skill points will be a game changer? Let's take a moment to see what I can do with 2 skill points shall we? I could have either 10 int/dex/str , 2% crit/armour/speed/damage or a could unlock 2 skills or 2 extra skill upgrades. Doesn't seems op to me.
That aside, I also didn't say I would want it to be discontinued such as para/eyes have become, as you already said it would be unfair to new players.
You seem to believe twinks don't have endgame toons. Well I do and I know exactly what it's like to develop my character.

Dex Scene
12-06-2015, 02:16 PM
So you're worried that TWO skill points will be a game changer? Let's take a moment to see what I can do with 2 skill points shall we? I could have either 10 int/dex/str , 2% crit/armour/speed/damage or a could unlock 2 skills or 2 extra skill upgrades. Doesn't seems op to me.

If it's not great why bother to have it in plat reward. I agree we rather have something else than additional skill points. Cheers

Sky_is_epicgear
12-06-2015, 02:23 PM
If it's not great why bother to have it in plat reward. I agree we rather have something else than additional skill points. Cheers
No, 1. you're making it seem as though this will be as op as para/eyes are and 2. It's a nice thing to have they'll add up over events and you can extend your build further. That's my reasoning.

bonjovi3223
12-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Dex is totally correct. There is a reason why they are restricting skill points to your level. I do not understand why the logic is being argued.

Anyway, this is a good thread to give STS feedback on future event rewards so lets not make it another back & forth discussion over something else.

Caabatric
12-06-2015, 02:50 PM
That aside, I also didn't say I would want it to be discontinued such as para/eyes have become, as you already said it would be unfair to new players.
You seem to believe twinks don't have endgame toons. Well I do and I know exactly what it's like to develop my character.

LOL,
I remember when I twinked I would give anything to have 1 more skill points to allow myself to change builds depending on the situation.

At 46 2 extra skill upgrades mean a fully developed pvp build and pve build without having to respec or sacrifice any passives

illidan
12-06-2015, 02:56 PM
No, 1. you're making it seem as though this will be as op as para/eyes are and 2. It's a nice thing to have they'll add up over events and you can extend your build further. That's my reasoning.

as u said, it adds u just little of stats....so why add it? its useless same way as tittle or vanity...only way how to profit from it its to add more points (lets say 10...) but as dude before me said, it would be unfair as Para/Eye was....btw,for twinks it would be devastating to have more points

so...if u want to make sense to add it,they had to add more then 2 ...but then it would be op - and thats what we wanna avoid as reward in event (again - as dude before me said, STS cant add game changing things to event - and low number of these points in reward is pointless..)

P.S: sry for calling u "dude before me" im just lazy to scroll up :P

Sky_is_epicgear
12-06-2015, 03:41 PM
Well I'm gonna back up here. I was going reply to everyone justifying my reasoning yet again. However i won't since i can tell nothing good will come of it. This thread isn't about skill points it's about event reward ideas. I've listed mine so I'll leave it at that.
Have a good day y'all!

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Chiev
12-09-2015, 05:33 AM
Well,bronze,silver and gold was pretty good made (don't screw it up sts... +1 for now ;-). ) but plat tier is mostly lower rewarded then gold tier.... Just look:
-ursoth: GOLD = fanta

-halloween2015: GOLD = slobber

...Im fortuneteller guyz :P
-winter2015: GOLD: wintery fox pet
PLAT: *drums effect* Vanity + title ! Yeeee

....there were only 2 events in al that worthed to play till plat - halloween2014 and winter2014

List of items we need in plat tier from some incoming events:
-jewels ...well,we cant get nobble by farming :) maybe some watter/nature ,but we can forget about primary stat jewels
-free plat ... Yea,I know that plat keaps servers running, but im sure 30plat wont ruin sts
-ankhs ... 100ankhs is pretty nice compensation for playing event 4hours daily :)
- gear ... Hold on! By gear I dont mean previous "gear" u gave us...gear should have usefull stats

U like adding titles? Sure,go ahead, but no1 uses title which is big as ur whole screen - add one-word title

PS: sry for such a long post,I've just got few words to say :P

haha so true

janrye
12-13-2015, 01:31 AM
i have no idea. just wait for it!

Lil' Vaan
12-13-2015, 11:44 AM
Nothing's gonna change sts's reward for us.. lol.. the rewards will be as usual.. and extra skill points rewards will never be possible because it will break the game balance,imo.. Have fun! :-)