PDA

View Full Version : World of Midgard

Roasty
06-07-2011, 01:45 PM
I just joined this forum dedicated to this upcoming game called "World of Midgard". My username there is Patty, anyone from PL that has signed up on that forum yet?

Lesrider
06-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Lone's going to be an in-game mod for WoM. Hard for me to put any trust in the game knowing that.

Roasty
06-07-2011, 01:52 PM
I kind of think so too...but then again if he's not gonna be a mod, then who is?

DawnInfinity
06-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Lone's going to be an in-game mod for WoM. Hard for me to put any trust in the game knowing that.

My thoughts exactly.

Lesrider
06-07-2011, 01:54 PM
I kind of think so too...but then again if he's not gonna be a mod, then who is?

Someone more trustworthy?

Roasty
06-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Someone more trustworthy?

I was just thinking that!

Lesrider
06-07-2011, 01:55 PM
I was just thinking that!

Lol you ok?

Roasty
06-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Lol you ok?

Of course, what made you think that?!

http://www.splashedpaint.com/CPU/Twitch04.gif

Arterra
06-07-2011, 01:59 PM
i already got myself a founders dragon, hard to back down now...

Roasty
06-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Uhm *cough* what's a founder's dragon?

Hehe it's like me being a noob all over again in PL, except this is WoM

Lesrider
06-07-2011, 02:11 PM
i already got myself a founders dragon, hard to back down now...

Honestly, I saw it but I'm not a fan of the graphics. Now, if I could ride the dragon from O&C, that I might pay $10 for.

Also, not gonna give money to a game that hasn't even come out yet or proven that it's worth spending money on.

Roasty
06-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Honestly, I can vouch for the fact that World of Midgard looks like a fine, fine game. But I'm gonna be having too much fun playing PL and Blackstar anyway, so I'm just gonna cancel that game OUT

Kabog
06-07-2011, 03:23 PM
I wonder how this will compete vs O&C.

seller
06-07-2011, 03:28 PM
i cant join forums how come i feel like a noob now also i want the mount

seller
06-07-2011, 03:32 PM
nvm i am in

seller
06-07-2011, 03:34 PM
sad i wanted to be a mod i am very helpfull with ideas nvm then i wont be able to and i dont wanna bug

Lesrider
06-07-2011, 03:38 PM
I wonder how this will compete vs O&C.

Well isn't this game coming out in December? I guess that will depend on how much content GL adds by then.
Also, as small as my iphone screen is for O&C, WoM looks even more crowded. Guess if I have a tablet by then, I'd be more likely to try it out.

Roasty
06-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Well whatever happens, I'll be waiting for Lone to terrorize the game. And if you're watching this Lone, please don't kill me :)

Baked-Potato
06-07-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm a moderator over. On their forums.

Lone is only a moderator on the forums. In-Game Game Masters/Moderators will be chosen by the devs before initial release.

The games release is set. For Decemeber 7th, but the first closed beta is July 11th, but its full. Unless you purchase the lava Dragon mount, yoou won't be able to get in now.

Be sure to check out their channel on youtube. They have videos of many bosses/mobs/and dungeons. They put out atleaset a new video of a boss/mob everyday. The graphics are execellent imo. Most of the effects aren't shown in the videos since they are still early in development and haven't implemented them yet.

If anyone has questions, I'd be happy to help (:

Zeus
06-07-2011, 10:39 PM

Well, 3 Perm banned people from the forums and game here are moderators too. Balonia, Thelonearcher, and Klemen. I have known them and seen how they are, while they are my friends in this game, I honestly don't think they are fit for moderator position. That's just my opinion though. Although, everybody deserves a second chance. I don't see them as doing anything wrong, so who knows. There is a good chance that they have changed, for the better.

Lesrider
06-07-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm a moderator over. On their forums.

Lone is only a moderator on the forums. In-Game Game Masters/Moderators will be chosen by the devs before initial release.

The games release is set. For Decemeber 7th, but the first closed beta is July 11th, but its full. Unless you purchase the lava Dragon mount, yoou won't be able to get in now.

Be sure to check out their channel on youtube. They have videos of many bosses/mobs/and dungeons. They put out atleaset a new video of a boss/mob everyday. The graphics are execellent imo. Most of the effects aren't shown in the videos since they are still early in development and haven't implemented them yet.

If anyone has questions, I'd be happy to help (:

Lol no offense, but it sounds like the moderator-to-member ratio is a bit high. Do they just let anyone who asks be a moderator?

And I signed up for the beta test. I get sooooooo many emails now from them.

Zbooo
06-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Is this game for pc? Just wondering

Ellyidol
06-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Well, 3 Perm banned people from the forums and game here are moderators too. Balonia, Thelonearcher, and Klemen. I have known them and seen how they are, while they are my friends in this game, I honestly don't think they are fit for moderator position. That's just my opinion though. Although, everybody deserves a second chance. I don't see them as doing anything wrong, so who knows. There is a good chance that they have changed, for the better.

Doubt he's (lone) changed.

Lone is in Toughie's guild in O&C.

First few minutes he joined, he was already flamed at and flaming people in the guild. Kicked.

Things worked out (somehow, don't know how, haven't been in-game past 2 weeks), he got back in. Next I hear of him waging war against Eclipse (huge guild in our server, a lot of jerks, bad reputation, lots of players though so lots of capped characters), while he was what, level 30? Max is 60.

So until he learns some respect and humility, not just for his friends or good friends but everyone in general, then I could see him differently. Nothing against him personally, just not a fan at all of his attitude and personality.

Baked-Potato
06-08-2011, 12:14 AM
@Range - So far they've been helpful to other players. I'm sure if they slip-up they won't be mods anymore. The devs are cool and really in with the community and wouldn't accept mods doing that.

@Les - There are currently only 6 mods (there were more). It does seem like a lot atm, but there aren't any plans that I know of for there to be any more for awhile. And no, they don't just allow anyone. Some moderators were picked from the very beginning, a few others were replaced or just added because they are active and helpful.

Also, you can unsubscribe from the emails. There's a link at the bottom.

@ZBooo - WoM willl be availiable on iOS and Android devices, along with a PC version too I believe. The first few betas will be played on a PC via an iPad emulator with a beta key. I believe the third beta and on will be tested on the mobiile devices.

Lesrider
06-08-2011, 12:39 AM
So there are six mods and half of them were permananned from PL. Hmm...

seller
06-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Hmm how to i signup for beta test

Arterra
06-08-2011, 02:36 PM
i cant say about the forum mods. however, the game itself looks good enough to play.

noobmigo
06-08-2011, 05:35 PM
The mods.
Poo.

Lesrider
07-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Man, I'm so torn on this game.
I'm completely against spending money on a game before it's even ready to play.
But, I just saw the video with the three mounts and mounts are my weakness. I mean, the dragon actually flies!

I'm not impressed by their judgment call to make people like Lone a mod, though. Gotta wonder what they were thinking there and how that will affect the game.

If it turns out to be as addictive as O&C, though (so far, from what I've seen, I still prefer o&c's graphics -- but WoM is still a work in progress, so giving them some slack), I'm gonna be really annoyed that I don't have that dragon.

Soooooo... Any feedback from people who know more about the game but won't just tell my to buy it bc "zomg it's gonna be amazing!"
I want to know why I should invest in a company that seems oblivious to who they're giving power to.
And is this game going to need a new device to play properly or will my iPhone 4 do just fine?

Cascade
07-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Holy Cheese how did lone get to be a mod...

Cascade
07-05-2011, 11:31 AM
O&C would be sooo beast if they had mounts...

Arterra
07-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Holy Cheese how did lone get to be a mod...

To all of you: he is not a game mod, just a forum mod. Besides the fact that when the game cmes out and we will just have a WoM IGN database thread...

lethalchick
07-11-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm so clueless as to what's wrong with lone... He was always cool when I played with him :(

Ebalere
07-11-2011, 04:57 PM
The devs for WoM probably dont know their history in pl, so im sure as soon as they show their true colors they will be dealt with.

Lesrider
07-11-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm so clueless as to what's wrong with lone... He was always cool when I played with him :(

While I had little to do with him in PL, he did get banned several times (eventually permanently). And his behavior in o&c has been downright annoying. Spams chat, spams emotes, etc. Basically, not someone I would trust with any sort of power.

Riccits
07-12-2011, 02:48 AM

he was a rude to several ppl and scamed a lot... booted me for no reason before boss fights too... i was happy when he got banned.. not need for such trolls

Roasty
07-12-2011, 01:17 PM
he was a rude to several ppl and scamed a lot... booted me for no reason before boss fights too... i was happy when he got banned.. not need for such trolls

I honestly have nothing against Lone since he hasn't like done anything to me, but I have seen him cuss a few times. Not in the good way, but the really BAD way :(

Redbridge
09-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Didn't wanna create a new thread for a diff game, so...

Anyone else doing the beta? What ya reckon....?

WoundedEagle
09-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Didn't wanna create a new thread for a diff game, so...

Anyone else doing the beta? What ya reckon....?
Don't know how to get the game XD

Silentarrow
09-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Will this game be free to download?

Carth
09-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I'm in the pre-beta. I play it from time to time but I find it really boring to play. If it had sound effects, then it would be way less painful to play and find bugs.

Will this game be free to download?

I'm not sure. I doubt the team behind WoM announced the price of the game yet.

3xK
09-26-2011, 09:45 AM
@carth - the game is still way from release. This was just a 2nd PRE-beta. Release is planned for Jan 2012. And its gonna be free to download and free to play (like PL), but there wont be any items as IAPs that you also cant get as a drop (except vanities and stuff like that).

Carth
09-26-2011, 12:58 PM
@carth - the game is still way from release. This was just a 2nd PRE-beta. Release is planned for Jan 2012. And its gonna be free to download and free to play (like PL), but there wont be any items as IAPs that you also cant get as a drop (except vanities and stuff like that).

I know its in pre-beta and its meant for us to find bugs but playing something without sound annoys me. :D

Anyways, thanks for the information! I need to check the forum there more since I don't seem to know what I'm talking about. :)

EDIT: Fixed some grammar errors. Don't have time to look over what I type in between classes.