PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the new Wii announced at E3?

Samhayne
06-07-2011, 05:35 PM
http://www.crunchgear.com/2011/06/07/the-nintendo-wii-u-won-e3-2011/

Obviously these guys didn't get over to see the latest in mobile games... but the new Wii looks like fun. What do you all think?

Pluto412
06-07-2011, 05:38 PM
looks pretty sick cant w8 for halo 4, MW3, and gears of war 3

Roasty
06-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Now that...is an awesome looking Wii

Samhayne
06-07-2011, 05:41 PM
looks pretty sick cant w8 for halo 4, MW3, and gears of war 3

Hmm, those are Xbox titles - I just want to play bowling with the family ;)

Ayc2000
06-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Woah, that is cool

Pluto412
06-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Hmm, those are Xbox titles - I just want to play bowling with the family ;)

yup xbox 360 do u got the new kinect?

thugimmortal
06-07-2011, 06:12 PM
http://www.crunchgear.com/2011/06/07/the-nintendo-wii-u-won-e3-2011/

Obviously these guys didn't get over to see the latest in mobile games... but the new Wii looks like fun. What do you all think?

the new wii u looks awsome the new controller with the screen well check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHzZoDUoxYU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

it made my jaws drop when i saw it and the graphics of that zelda game gave me goose pimples. im gonna start saving now ive got to get me one of those in 2012.
i wonder if its going to be 3d like the 3ds.

Gluttony
06-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Not sure about another peripheral for the Wii, it'll all depend on how they utilize it. I read that it could act as the scope for shooting games, that sounds like it would get difficult. I like the Wii and all, but the way that the Wiimote is set up everything uses it as a power source. The classic controller, the guitars for guitar hero, even the gun. I know that you can buy stand alone versions, but I find that just having the controller sit there while I use the classic is a bit strange.

I did read something about being able to use it as a portable (within range of the unit), so that is neat, but some of the other ideas like having to use it to access you inventory could become trouble. Lol@the graphics are HD, does the Wii even have HD yet (Wii 2)? So you mean this thing has a better picture than the console itself? In the end I have my reservations about how awesome it will be, but I'll probably pick one up if I don't have to sell a kidney on the black market to afford one.

thugimmortal
06-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Not sure about another peripheral for the Wii, it'll all depend on how they utilize it. I read that it could act as the scope for shooting games, that sounds like it would get difficult. I like the Wii and all, but the way that the Wiimote is set up everything uses it as a power source. The classic controller, the guitars for guitar hero, even the gun. I know that you can buy stand alone versions, but I find that just having the controller sit there while I use the classic is a bit strange.

I did read something about being able to use it as a portable (within range of the unit), so that is neat, but some of the other ideas like having to use it to access you inventory could become trouble. Lol@the graphics are HD, does the Wii even have HD yet (Wii 2)? So you mean this thing has a better picture than the console itself? In the end I have my reservations about how awesome it will be, but I'll probably pick one up if I don't have to sell a kidney on the black market to afford one.

the wii u isnt just that controller with a screen on lol its a whole new console next gen did u see those zelda graphics

Mennddoza
06-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Halo 4? Really??? WOW I am so pumped for the campaign!

Gluttony
06-07-2011, 06:56 PM
the wii u isnt just that controller with a screen on lol its a whole new console next gen did u see those zelda graphics

So the Wii U is an entire system? I'm so over it then, I already have a Wii that I'm quite happy with I don't need another console... and those graphics weren't that impressive (I have a PS3 with a LED tv ftw).

Edit: I guess I take too good of care of my electronics, I still have an original first gen 360, a PS3 Fat, and a PSP 1000. I'll only pick up that Wii, if mine breaks somehow.

Silentarrow
06-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Looks great! I can't decide to
Get yet the Vita PS3 or the Wii U. It all depends on which of my favorite gamming companies pick and the price

thugimmortal
06-07-2011, 07:14 PM
and those graphics weren't that impressive.

They were for a zelda game and you never know the graphics may be even better than ps3 and xbox 360.
we all know that the current systems are 512mb graphics and with next gen machines it always doubles for eg. 8,16,32,64,128,256 and 512 so im guessing that 1024mb graphics is next to come. the wii u is still in early development and many details are still a secret so this console is one to watch.

Gluttony
06-07-2011, 07:34 PM
They were for a zelda game and you never know the graphics may be even better than ps3 and xbox 360. the wii u is still in early development and many details are still a secret so this console is one to watch.

That is if you think that Sony and Microsoft will stand still and wait for Nintendo to jump ahead. It's a plus for them to have something that is in HD (finally), but I cannot be so sure that by Q2 2012 a PS4 or Xbox 720 won't be available or on the horizon. All consoles seem to try to keep even with each other and if one creates something that captures the avid gamer's attention, the others follow suit (Kinect, Move). This tablet idea is a leap, but isn't too far from Sony's PS3 and PSP compatibility (though it was very limited) so I'm curious to see how they will pull it off. The fact that they didn't have a working unit at E3 means it's probably still in a trial phase.

Jjesus86
06-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Wii u looks amazing. I can't wait to play a Zelda title on it. Bout time with the hd too.

WJJ
06-07-2011, 07:44 PM
MS and Sony have already stated that they won't even announce a new console until 2013. The Wii U will be a stand alone console that is going to be on par of not slightly more powerful than the current gen systems. The Wii U's hardware is almost the same build as the 360 with some small improvements. I'm actually excited about it and I hate the current Wii. I can say that if this system supports blu ray and 3d I will be the first to pre order. And btw it doesn't come out until 2012.

Pluto412
06-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Halo 4? Really??? WOW I am so pumped for the campaign!

yea me2 and november 11th halo combat evolved anniversary cause its been 10 years since the first halo

Halo 4 supose to come out holiday of 2012

DawnInfinity
06-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Looks kinda cool.

IGIVENOMERCY
06-07-2011, 09:03 PM
I can't wait!

Pluto412
06-07-2011, 10:01 PM
can't wait for the new assasins creed comeing out in november gona be amazing

Echelong
06-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Looks sweet, Legend of zelda looks like it can finally surpass Ocarina of Time.

But the game that amazed me the most was Tomb Rider.... yes I liked the fist 2 tomb rider games but after that they went from bad to yuck. This one though looks amazing.