PDA

View Full Version : Flaimdude's Quick 'n Easy Guide to Making Gold

flaimdude
06-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Hey everybody! This is a very short guide for all of those people who beg for gold on PL! :)

How to make gold:
1) Farming. Farming is going through certain levels, such as boss levels, over and over again to get money from chests, and items from monster and boss drops. Or, if you have a lower level character, just go through the quests and and level up, and you will get a fair amount of gold that way too.

2) Trading. Buy low, sell high. Simple as that, and since the auction house isn't out for a while, it really is as simple as that. Spend some time selling people items at different prices and see what works (I can't give away too many trade secrets ;) ). Also, NEVER liquidate an item unless it's a white or gray item. Trust me, you can sell oranges and greens. Also, using this way, you kinda need money to make money (to buy up bargains when you see them), so use the first one for a while first.

3) Buy it with plat. If you're insanely rich, just pull a *cough* and buy tons of gold with real money. However, if it's not your own money, your parents could get mad and that'd be bad. So stick to the first two unless you know this one is safe! :)

tl;dr: buy low and sell high. :)

Cheers! I hope to see all of you fine gentlemen and ladies in the game sometime with our tophats and insanely rare items that we've bought with our mountains of gold. ;D

j46g629h
06-01-2010, 02:42 PM
just ignore them

they're not going to do what you say

this happens in most of online games

ed anger
06-01-2010, 02:55 PM
i love the people that come into missions and then spam chat to sell/trade... wtf? go bug people in town chat.

Esus
06-01-2010, 03:13 PM
What i hate even more is the rampent greedy prices for items, theres no FN way any item is worth anywhere close to 100-400k gold.

Diz
06-01-2010, 03:29 PM
My recommendation is to actually play the game.

Furrawn
06-01-2010, 03:49 PM
I totally hate people coming into missions too. I was working on a third character a few days ago. Some character magicalx would join a game. Say he had "super" items and then I'd get a magicalx wants to trade with you. He'd lurk and spam awhile then he'd leave. This happened in MULTIPLE games.

I think it ought not be acceptable to do that- even in open games. What if a new player buys something and then finds out five lvls later that they were scammed into paying 1K for a white broken sword that drops as loot all the time? It will make some of them not like the game...

As for me, it infuriates me for some jerk to spam our chat window in a game >:(

Esus
06-01-2010, 03:51 PM
I'd say 98% of the people playing are the greediest people I've ever had the misfortune to play a game with.

SlipperyJim
06-01-2010, 04:02 PM
What i hate even more is the rampent greedy prices for items, theres no FN way any item is worth anywhere close to 100-400k gold.
As a wise man once said, "Everything is worth what a purchaser will pay for it." If someone is willing to pay 100k for a hat, then the hat was worth 100k. If you don't want to pay 100k for the hat, then don't do it.

Personally, I agree with you about the prices. I've paid 25k for a wand, but I won't pay much more than that for anything. (And I only paid 25k because it was a friend selling.) There's no bloody way that I'd pay 100k for a hat. Just ... no. Not me.

But that's me. (And you, apparently.) If someone else is willing to pay 100k for a hat, then it doesn't bother me.

That said, I think some of these prices (especially the hats) are because of novelty. Pink and purple hats are new, so they're still a bit uncommon, and people are willing to pay for novelty. It won't last. I'm not a hardcore farmer, but all of my characters have purple hats now. And I didn't buy any of them. So I think the market will correct itself soon enough, and then the prices will drop back down to something more reasonable.

Just wait out the "gold rush" and see the prices come back down to earth. That's what I'm doing. :)

HectorCruz
06-01-2010, 04:41 PM
If you're insanely rich, just pull a *cough* and buy tons of gold with real money.

you are my hero.

We could always fix the prices.

Zallian
06-01-2010, 04:41 PM
I'd say 98% of the people playing are the greediest people I've ever had the misfortune to play a game with.

Lol your right, people trying to get 150-200k for a pink helm. I really want one but I'd raither farm one. Besides it don't even have a graphic yet.

flaimdude
06-01-2010, 05:46 PM
you are my hero.

We could always fix the prices.

Thanks. :)

And no, price fixing is what killed RS trading imo.

Esus
06-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Ha, I've even had friends tell me that they wanted 400k for a wand...*resists urge to slap un-named player across the face*

RedRyder
06-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Duciel and legendlouie are notorious over pricers

Dizko
06-01-2010, 06:47 PM
The sooner the auction house arrives the better.

Oh and a pretty decent way to get gold is to run thru mega maze with a party of 35's.

Inching
06-01-2010, 09:08 PM
The sooner the auction house arrives the better.

Oh and a pretty decent way to get gold is to run thru mega maze with a party of 35's.

Agreed on this but fore a Mage, I can run through mega maze solo and just Mage home as I keep running, it really quick. But for other guys who only kills one at a time, I agree u get more guys for much faster play.

Inching
06-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Agreed on this but fore a Mage, I can run through mega maze solo and just Mage home as I keep running, it really quick. But for other guys who only kills one at a time, I agree u get more guys for much faster play.

That's Mage bomb by the way. Hate typing on phone with auto correct on. Sigh

Dizko
06-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Too bad my mage is only lvl 20.

I don't enjoy magic classes as much :(

Advance
06-01-2010, 10:07 PM
I'll have to say that buying low and selling high is a bit vague and frankly unhelpful.

I will not go into detail but, I think a better way to put it is: Buy lower, sell under.

Buy lower, as in, buying at a price that's lower than the current accepted price.

Sell under, as in, selling under the price of every other merchant within the immediate vincinity.

flaimdude
06-01-2010, 10:14 PM
I'll have to say that buying low and selling high is a bit vague and frankly unhelpful.

I will not go into detail but, I think a better way to put it is: Buy lower, sell under.

Buy lower, as in, buying at a price that's lower than the current accepted price.

Sell under, as in, selling under the price of every other merchant within the immediate vincinity.

Said the name squatter. :P

Advance
06-01-2010, 10:21 PM
How is that even related?

flaimdude
06-01-2010, 10:23 PM
How is that even related?

Well obviously, since you're an idiot, anything you say is null and void as per the internet rules of trollin'.

I have no idea if I'm being serious or joking in the above sentence. I'll let you decide. :)

Advance
06-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Ofcourse. Although it still boggles me how offering merhanting advice for newbies relates to the fact that I made future investments.

Gwendaline
06-01-2010, 10:28 PM
I always share :)

Dizko
06-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Ofcourse. Although it still boggles me how offering merhanting advice for newbies relates to the fact that I made future investments.

Says the name squatter. :P

flaimdude
06-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Says the name squatter. :P

<3

PvP
06-01-2010, 10:38 PM
If you play the game you will eventually get pinks that will be fine for missions...I mean honestly what else do you need? Do you need 300 pinks and 500k? No....There's no point right now. I might be more understanding if there was something else to buy besides armor and weapons that went in a giant circle of leveling. There's no point to merchanting, unless you're preparing for the future, and there might need even be a need for multitudes of cash in the future.

flaimdude
06-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Seeing as I started after the pinks got nerf'd, I need to make as much g as I can to keep up with everybody else. :)

Gwendaline
06-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Bleed!!!!!!!!!!!! Advanced!!!! Bleed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm comin for you!!!!!!!!!!

PvP
06-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Gwendaline you're getting very good at spamming threads with pointless posts....

Dizko
06-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Gwendaline you're getting very good at spamming threads with pointless posts....

Don't you dare say that!

Gwens been a pro-spammer from the start.

:D

flaimdude
06-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Bleed!!!!!!!!!!!! Advanced!!!! Bleed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm comin for you!!!!!!!!!!

Strangely enough, I am supportive of this post. :)

Gwendaline
06-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Don't you dare say that!

Gwens been a pro-spammer from the start.

:D TY Dizko

I am the Spammerminator. The only difference between myself and a can of spam....... My can is made out of cast iron, and it is filled with Kryptonite. So we are actually nothing alike. You had better watch yourself Supamahang. Or you will be the next one I make BLEED!!!!!

I have over twenty one worded ign reserved, for future use, or for sale.

Do any of you guys have this habit of hogging good names In a new game?
Oh And Advanced.. Supamahang and Spammerminator are both trademarked character names.

Ogediah
06-03-2010, 04:58 PM
oh and advanced.. Supamahang and spammerminator are both trademarked character names.

lmao..........

Gwendaline
06-03-2010, 07:46 PM
hehehe............

Baby-T
06-04-2010, 09:23 PM
I totally hate people coming into missions too. I was working on a third character a few days ago. Some character magicalx would join a game. Say he had "super" items and then I'd get a magicalx wants to trade with you. He'd lurk and spam awhile then he'd leave. This happened in MULTIPLE games.

I think it ought not be acceptable to do that- even in open games. What if a new player buys something and then finds out five lvls later that they were scammed into paying 1K for a white broken sword that drops as loot all the time? It will make some of them not like the game...

As for me, it infuriates me for some jerk to spam our chat window in a game >:(

lol he did that to me too

tjornan
06-05-2010, 12:00 PM

As for me, it infuriates me for some jerk to spam our chat window in a game >

Wat i dois state at the beginning of the game.....no trading or u will be booted! this doesnt work if ur not the boss tho

Osavearisie
09-27-2011, 11:16 AM
I very rarely comment in forums. The reason is, many many many reasons l o l. But you are the first person to say what I say to everyone all the time... which 1 difference I say... "99" percent of people in this game are extremely greedy not 98... lol. That is extremely unfortunate but it is what it is. Also a fact! But I will say this like me there are 1 percent that are very generous and kind and I hope that you bump into them. It took me until level 30 or so on my first character to meet someone that was a actually a true friend instead of somebody that was planning to hustle you later. For new players out there people will become your friend just so they can rip you off later. It makes me laugh about how similar this game is too real life when it comes to money. Please beware of people and do not trade items that you do not know what they're worth. I know I'm rambling now but it's unfortunate that the "greed" percentage is so high. Keep an eye out for people that are polite and sell items for what its actually worth without inflation... become friends with that person... after a while of doing so you will have a handful of extremely trustworthy friends. Also I just joined guild and I have never met such a kind group of people in my life. Personal shout out to... "Pocket Mafia"... you are true friends and have made the game 10 times more enjoyable :-) by the way spacetime studios I just noticed my join date is off by over a year. I started in 2010 please fix ty :-(

NECROREAPER
09-27-2011, 11:37 AM
In the future, please refrain from necro positing, this thread is over a year old.

Necro posting is making a post on a thread that is more than a couple of months old and is highly looked down upon.

crestmage
09-29-2011, 04:38 AM
Lol your right, people trying to get 150-200k for a pink helm. I really want one but I'd raither farm one. Besides it don't even have a graphic yet.

Lol Spending 150k for a pink is insane. Just get a green that's lower by 2 armor and 5 dps. and greens cost around not more than 10 k only.
Bottom line is, there are many items out there that are pinks but not really worth the price. Like i said above, is it really worth it to pay an extra 140k JUST for 2 armor and 5 dps??!!

NECROREAPER
09-29-2011, 05:37 AM
Seriously?

Charmstrange
09-30-2011, 03:05 PM
necro posting aside, it is amazing to read this thread and see that people are saying exactly the same thing about current glyph prices. Greed, too high cost, etc...

@necroreaper I first thought you were the one that necroposted this, like that's a game you play as a necroreaper and all rofl