PDA

View Full Version : Ping:99999

Errorrz
12-08-2015, 10:24 PM
This week I got to many bad ping . My wifi bar is full and only me use it ! What happen to StS not fix this problem ? This not only happen to me but 40% AL got this problem . Sts Please do your work and Fix THIS PROBLEM . TQ

robetbee
12-08-2015, 10:37 PM
Up

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using Tapatalk

Zylx
12-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Run a speed test with your wifi. A lot of wifi routers arent really made for online gaming or streaming. If the test runs low, that'd be why.

Schnitzel
12-09-2015, 01:22 AM
Here's a few threads that may help you with that WiFi problem:
★[Lag Log]★ If you're currently experiencing lag issues, click here! (http://spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?264773-%26%239733%3B-Lag-Log-%26%239733%3B-If-you-re-currently-experiencing-lag-issues-click-here!)
Troubleshooting: A Guide to aid WiFi connectivity issues (http://spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?271222-Troubleshooting-A-Guide-to-aid-WiFi-connectivity-issues)

Like Zylx has said, it can by an issue with your router.
In today's time, routers that support IEEE 802.11n (300 - 450 mbps) and/or 802.11ac (1.3 gbps) will increase connection speeds.
Another possible problem may be your WiFi plan (the plan you and your ISP agreed to)

Another possibility would be that your WiFi connection speeds are fine, it may be a problem with STS's servers
Think about it. Thousands (this is a guess, I don't know how many people play AL at the same time) of users connect to the STS servers every second/minute/etc.
each user's AL Client (the app) sends a request ("ping") for the STS server to process and send back to the client.
The server has a limited amount of resources. Once that resource amount gets low, requests start lining up, similar to a line at a store.
Thats what raises the ping time.

The solution might be "Just get more servers for more resource availability"
Servers aren't exactly "cheap"

so yeah.

Ceuidear
12-09-2015, 02:01 AM
I have the same problem, my network connectivity is good with all types of plans 2G/3G/4G. While using 2G speed of it is good around 25-35Kb/s but ping spikes for a moment upto 10K but once i refresh my network it backs to normal & stays stagnent at 450-500 ping.
If u r using internet from an service provider try using "FRESH NETWORK" app to refresh ur network connection & surely it ll work perfectly.

Imsofancy
12-09-2015, 02:40 AM
Here's a few threads that may help you with that WiFi problem:
★[Lag Log]★ If you're currently experiencing lag issues, click here! (http://spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?264773-%26%239733%3B-Lag-Log-%26%239733%3B-If-you-re-currently-experiencing-lag-issues-click-here!)
Troubleshooting: A Guide to aid WiFi connectivity issues (http://spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?271222-Troubleshooting-A-Guide-to-aid-WiFi-connectivity-issues)

Like Zylx has said, it can by an issue with your router.
In today's time, routers that support IEEE 802.11n (300 - 450 mbps) and/or 802.11ac (1.3 gbps) will increase connection speeds.
Another possible problem may be your WiFi plan (the plan you and your ISP agreed to)

Another possibility would be that your WiFi connection speeds are fine, it may be a problem with STS's servers
Think about it. Thousands (this is a guess, I don't know how many people play AL at the same time) of users connect to the STS servers every second/minute/etc.
each user's AL Client (the app) sends a request ("ping") for the STS server to process and send back to the client.
The server has a limited amount of resources. Once that resource amount gets low, requests start lining up, similar to a line at a store.
Thats what raises the ping time.

The solution might be "Just get more servers for more resource availability"
Servers aren't exactly "cheap"

so yeah.

Finally reaches the counter, "Hi, can I use your bathroom?"

Titanium
12-09-2015, 03:40 AM
Run a speed test with your wifi. A lot of wifi routers arent really made for online gaming or streaming. If the test runs low, that'd be why.

Op is right. My ping before teeth event was constantly at 120-150 . Now it scales to 10k then it goes back to 340. It's a server problem than internet provider problem. I tried everything to make it work. When i go in pvp/pve my ping goes nuts. I'm patiently waiting the event to come to an end. Nothing to fix here .. just wait.... Halloween Event 2014 memories. Ehehehehhee

Chiev
12-09-2015, 03:57 AM
I have spikes to sometimes out of nowhere.

Maybe reset ur router and change password? it happens often here that someone leaches on wifi.

Dex Scene
12-09-2015, 04:05 AM
People play more in numbers in events so their server gets too busy. Ping also doesn't completely depend on your internet speed. It also depends on where you live. If you live in the opposite side of the world like me, you generally won't have a great ping.

Bmwmsix
12-09-2015, 04:46 AM
It can be due to low server capacity when to.many player online and also depend on the internet client sts got. Then comes our connection / place we live ect.

Ps #votes for deactivating all bling bling effects ingame, especially please sts SILENT that stupid bubbles from Maridos!!!

xutreuqux
12-09-2015, 05:43 AM
My internet speed is more stable and less spikes in 2g than 3g or 4g @@

Sent from my LG-D410 using Tapatalk

oekeone
12-09-2015, 11:30 AM
Just hit it with a bat :) WiFi confirmed ! THREAD CLOSED!

Hail
12-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Finally reaches the counter, "Hi, can I use your bathroom?"

*Gets rejected and taken out by security*

Zylx
12-09-2015, 10:18 PM
*Gets rejected and taken out by security*

*pees on the outside door when no one's looking*

Muhahahahaaaaaa

Schnitzel
12-10-2015, 09:39 PM

Muhahahahaaaaaa

https://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/family_guy_thats_nasty1.jpg?w=720

Schnitzel
12-10-2015, 09:42 PM

Muhahahahaaaaaa

https://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/family_guy_thats_nasty1.jpg?w=720