PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends E3: PRESS LINKS! [Unofficial Thread]

ratava
06-08-2011, 03:45 AM

PLEASE ADD YOUR PRESS LINKS TO THIS THREAD! Here's first one from touchgen: Enjoy! :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX8P8cxLpeI&feature=player_embedded

Read more: http://www.touchgen.net/e3-star-legends-the-blackstar-chronicles-video

Notes: BETA Footage, No Sound at noisy E3 booth, Low WiFi signal at the convention.

RELEASE:

We’re told that the game should be going into closed beta in about a month (which we will be involved in), and then will hit the App Store towards the end of August. Enjoy!

Thanks to Matt Dunn at Touchgen: Read the above link for full impressions.

ratava
06-08-2011, 03:54 AM
FULL LIST OF PRESS LINKS

1. TOUCHGEN:

http://www.touchgen.net/e3-star-legends-the-blackstar-chronicles-video

2. MASSIVELY:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06/10/e3-2011-spacetime-studios-on-the-legends-franchise/

3. DROIDGAMERS:

http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-news/events/e3-2011/1752-hands-on-with-spacetime-studios-upcoming-mmorpg-star-legends-at-e3

4. RPGFan:

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/1717.html

MASSIVELY Info on Star Legends:

- x20 levels at launch
- x1 month away from release

Spacetime is targeting the end of June or the beginning of July for beta. It will have two promotions for beta, one with Verizon and one with Android. Following the beta comes launch on all of the platforms including iOS.

ALL VIDS:

TOUCHGEN:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gX8P8cxLpeI

DROIDGAMERS #1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yuyCOdwtvdk

RPGFan:

Taking place some four thousand years in the future, The Blackstar Chronicles is said to be very story-driven. In this time, humans are rather science-focused, and have discovered "fast gates," - these are really just abandoned wormholes which take you to different areas in space. As with many other titles with this type of theme, it's inevitable that you will find yourself going up against a hostile alien species. The Scorn race, unlike humans, are actually magic-based, and described by the developer as "intergalactic a-holes." You'll stumble upon other interesting races, not the least of which are the bug-like Vular.

Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles will start off with four different campaigns and twenty levels so there will be plenty to do in the game. The game will also include a PvP (players vs. player) mode and an auction house for items. If you're more of a co-operative player, you can have up to five people total in your party. So far three different classes will be available to choose from: tanks, DPS, and mages, and you can choose male or female for any of these. While we did not get an in-depth look at any of the three, one interesting tidbit is that some areas in the game are only available to certain classes - something to take note of when you form your parties, but also something that might add to the game's replay value...Cont'd...

ratava
06-08-2011, 04:05 AM
Wow! Very cool.-snip-

Yup: Sound off at the noisy convention likely!

Features:

Commando x2 at the beginning of the vid [BIG GUN!]
Engineer at the end!
Drop-down menu same layout at PL but may not be complete
Some of the combat animations ie effects look like they are turned to low or off or not complete in this build?
Terminals accessed/Stashed kit in the environment looted.
Character animations looks very detailed and moveable parts increased!! Quality.

Very Important Feature:

Check the Engineer @ T= 05:32-05:35: DOES HE CHANGE WEAPONS => Different skills shown on UI? :cool:

Ellyidol
06-08-2011, 04:08 AM
Deleted previous so you get the consecutive ones :)

It does seem like he switched weapons!

From what I see, the mobs aren't as cluttered anymore too - unless this is just for show, and the actual game will have mobs as cluttered.

So it's definitely tanking from a distance.. Hmm.

KingFu
06-08-2011, 04:15 AM
Looks cool, seems to rely more on weapon, less on skills. Looks cool. Did it ever go into the menu? I didn't wanna watch the whole thing hehe

P.S, THERE'S EMOTES! Wonder if they'll have new emotes. There probably isn't fart ones. Bad idea to fart inside a space suit.

Ellyidol
06-08-2011, 04:24 AM
Oooo now that you mention it Myst, the weapons do seem very pronounced!

I reallyx21423123123 hope that the best weapons are hard to obtain. Not something so common that almost every other character has one. Same with the design.

ratava
06-08-2011, 04:25 AM
Deleted previous so you get the consecutive ones :)

It does seem like he switched weapons!

From what I see, the mobs aren't as cluttered anymore too - unless this is just for show, and the actual game will have mobs as cluttered.

So it's definitely tanking from a distance.. Hmm.

Thanks Elly! Yup These mobs are soldiers or something that shoot back! I can see Alien-creepers being more "in yer face"?! :D

Weapons & Skills: Just had another look again:

1. Weapon number changes from 3 -> 2
2. 2 Skills for the Xperia play button become 3 skills with 2 of those skills changing to new skills and the "shield/heal" green one on the right staying the same?
3. Each skill has a GCD. Think the actual basic weapon can still fire during the the time any/all of these special skills are recharging?

WHoa, tons of new infos, but still unsure how it all works.

Edit: rofl that spacesuit comment^ :)

Ellyidol
06-08-2011, 04:57 AM
I wonder if the Commandos have an option to have a melee weapon. From the video of Commando/Engineer(?), it looks like they both have the same range.

Also, I finally see a slow debuff! :)

PS:

Small disappointment :

We’re told that the game should be going into closed beta in about a month (which we will be involved in), and then will hit the App Store towards the end of August. Enjoy!

Edit 2:

Just noticed you posted it on OP. :)

Shucks!

ratava
06-08-2011, 05:08 AM
^Elly: I'll have to check the vid again re skills and effects... Happy days. :)

Good Q: Re melee weapon: Is that some sort of electrical storm from the suit also? And totally agree, STS could map out the awesome weapons to have some awesome effects and designs and be rare all combined.

Release is a bit further away than hoped but I'm mega-relieved to have a more definite date in mind now. But on the plus side, the Commando looks awesome. Operative action from the next vids would be useful. :p

NeoQueen
06-08-2011, 05:56 AM
August! Yes! I will only be working so no school to worry about!

Edit: don't know about those guys...lol...think they need to play more PL...

Not really feeling the whole button play. I dont know why but I think I would prefer the touchscreen more.

Slush
06-08-2011, 06:06 AM
Lol, quarter 2 my ***.

NeoQueen
06-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Lol, quarter 2 my ***.

I feel u on that but at least it's not end of the year or next year. Just gotta remember (reluctantly) that technology is touchy and hiccups happen...

Ellyidol
06-08-2011, 06:18 AM
I feel u on that but at least it's not end of the year or next year. Just gotta remember (reluctantly) that technology is touchy and hiccups happen...

Yeah..

Disappointed, but if it results in more content and better polished game, then by all means! :)

Acyer
06-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Hmm must be someone blowing smoke, August release rigghhhtt. Then why still have q2 still the release and not changed it. And devs still saying q2.

Ellyidol
06-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Hmm must be someone blowing smoke, August release rigghhhtt. Then why still have q2 still the release and not changed it. And devs still saying q2.

The guy from the article got it from the STS team from E3, I'm assuming, and the E3 team from the devs, so it's probably right.

Though there is the possibility that he misunderstood, especially since he thinks a Hardlight Shield is a Gun (as he mentions in the article).

Let's pray he's wrong :p

Acyer
06-08-2011, 06:54 AM
The guy from the article got it from the STS team from E3, I'm assuming, and the E3 team from the devs, so it's probably right.

Though there is the possibility that he misunderstood, especially since he thinks a Hardlight Shield is a Gun (as he mentions in the article).

Let's pray he's wrong :p

True, but until I hear it from the devs its a rumor

Ellyidol
06-08-2011, 06:57 AM

Agree.

Sadly though, it's the most I've heard in terms of when it's coming out :(

Should be fine though, I'd rather they release on August when they've at least gone through beta rather than this month with no beta.

ratava
06-08-2011, 06:59 AM

It sorta ties-in with what the marketing guy said about "end of Summer" a while back and development always slips it seems eg they were just out of pre-alpha and showing beta at E3; yet to go closed-beta? That said, Asommers said they were still Q2 most recently so still possible?

Any new Press links please UPDATE!

Edit: Also wondering if that UI is specific to Xperia only or if it's also a case of Weapon > Skills drill-down for all devices?

Acyer
06-08-2011, 08:14 AM
As for it being in beta for e3 that could be the version they sent the release version could as far as we know be rdy to launch but eh. But yeah id rather see a polished game then one with no beta.
*also on the video of the booklet they was handing out at e3 the one that had the cool blue border on the pl logo when he flipped to sl side if u pause and look at very bottom it said coming summer 2011 so maybe it will be august.

ratava
06-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Hmm this tweet comes across as sorta a week or 2 if I'm not reading into it too much:

Star Legends will be out when it's done... No really, it will be soon! Expect more information as the press gets to see it at E3. (http://twitter.com/#!/starlegends)

Zbooo
06-08-2011, 10:15 AM
If it is in august I'm going to be sooooooooooo bummed, hopefully it comes out within this month.

Acyer
06-08-2011, 10:26 AM
If it is in august I'm going to be sooooooooooo bummed, hopefully it comes out within this month.

Yeah I'm with ya. All I've been looking forward too since it was annouced. Hopefully it will be out before WoM beta.

thugimmortal
06-08-2011, 01:31 PM
. Another new aspect of Star Legends will be puzzles that involve multiple players to solve. There are also areas that may be inaccessable without certain evels or classes; such as a console that can’t be hacked by a soldier unless they reach a high level, but that an engineer can easily bypass

this is the type of thing i suggested for pl awsome guys

Ayc2000
06-08-2011, 02:01 PM
that is really cool, the design is nice, and the weapons and mobs look amazing. I can't wait, hope it comes out earlier though :)

Yellowhawk
06-09-2011, 07:32 PM
It looks like it may not work for 2nd generation devices. Does anyone know what generation devices will work for blackstar?

ratava
06-10-2011, 04:13 AM
It looks like it may not work for 2nd generation devices. Does anyone know what generation devices will work for blackstar?

No confirmation on specs so far. Star Legends: B* Cheonicles does look awesome so yup might need more juice. That said, devs want their games playable across as many devices as possible and they might be able to pull it off?

ratava
06-10-2011, 12:17 PM
MASSIVELY Update:

- x20 levels at launch
- x1 month away from launch:

Spacetime is targeting the end of June or the beginning of July for beta. It will have two promotions for beta, one with Verizon and one with Android. Following the beta comes launch on all of the platforms including iOS.

Spacetime isn't content with just this pair of MMOs; it has announced that it has at least two more in the works, with one of those slated for release later this year. "We're looking at something with a darker theme, like Dark Legends with vampires or something like that," Blanco said. "And then these guys have been wanting to do a Western theme for a while. Something dirty and dusty."

Link to read more:-

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06/10/e3-2011-spacetime-studios-on-the-legends-franchise/

maddogcharlie
06-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Now thats what Im talking about, Western themed MobiMMO done by the real cowboys in Texas not some Hollywood dreamer. Ya can sure bet the ranch thats gonna be good.

but back to the massively article;
We came across a treasure chest -- ooh, goodies! -- when we were ambushed by aliens bursting out of pods surrounding it. Death comes when you least expect it in this game. Another welcome change from Pocket Legends is that treasure chests contain a lot more items instead of just money, so players can and will be gearing up within the instances themselves. Loot will be distributed via a random roll so players don't have to fight over it.

COME ON, you me and everyone on the forum knows 'shoot the pods first' then open the treasure chest, nothing worse than green slime in ya nice shiny loot.
UCDF Advanced Recon Motto - Fizzle, Frag, Flame, and then Flame again just in case.

ratava
06-15-2011, 06:43 AM
Updated OP list of E3 contributions:

4. RPGFan:

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/1717.html

Taking place some four thousand years in the future, The Blackstar Chronicles is said to be very story-driven. In this time, humans are rather science-focused, and have discovered "fast gates," - these are really just abandoned wormholes which take you to different areas in space. As with many other titles with this type of theme, it's inevitable that you will find yourself going up against a hostile alien species. The Scorn race, unlike humans, are actually magic-based, and described by the developer as "intergalactic a-holes." You'll stumble upon other interesting races, not the least of which are the bug-like Vular.

Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles will start off with four different campaigns and twenty levels so there will be plenty to do in the game. The game will also include a PvP (players vs. player) mode and an auction house for items. If you're more of a co-operative player, you can have up to five people total in your party. So far three different classes will be available to choose from: tanks, DPS, and mages, and you can choose male or female for any of these. While we did not get an in-depth look at any of the three, one interesting tidbit is that some areas in the game are only available to certain classes - something to take note of when you form your parties, but also something that might add to the game's replay value.

Small mention in Massively's MMObility:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06/14/mmobility-just-how-mobile-was-e3/

One thing that surprised me was the presence of so many portable devices. Spacetime Studios was there to show off its truly portable Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles. Imagine Pocket Legends set in space but with a more straightforward experience. The console developers all had some version of a portable device, but MMOs simply do not mix with console companies, at least most of the time. It's a real shame, too, considering how fantastic some of those portable machines will be.

& Pocket Gamer mentions Star Legends additional to potential Top 10 ""mobile games"" at E3:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Multiformat/E3+2011/feature.asp?c=30595

Some other noteworthy games (the fact that these are out of the top ten doesn't imply that they're worse than the games above. I just didn't play these as much):

Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicle - the latest game from Pocket Legends developer Spacetime Studios.

superglut2
06-15-2011, 08:12 AM
sts getting more and more known

ChrisFI
06-18-2011, 07:03 PM
im looking to be the commando in star legends since its equivalent to PL is a warrior.