PDA

View Full Version : Android seeks hardware upgrade

Derajdefyre
06-08-2011, 12:52 PM
So I recently updated my Android to the Xperia Play and learned that you guys are throwing another in game party for the device. I have an android costume in game and oh my gosh I got a lot of attention whenever I played. I had no idea why so many people were asking me for buttons at first. Some people got really mad when I didn't give them one!

Anyways, my in game android is seeking a hardware upgrade so he can display his Xperia Play pride without exposing his soft fleshy core (translation: button vanity item shares slot with android costume vanity item). I don't actually expect to ever be able to equip both items, and I do realize how lucky I am to have the android costume in the first place, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right? :D

Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see how you guys implement the game pad into your client! I wish you were based in Maryland so I could apply to work for you :)

Fastcast
06-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Wow cool can u also equip a set with the costume that wud be cool to see u n action lol wearing a droid out fit haha

Piosidon
06-08-2011, 06:25 PM
What inventory slot is the costume in?

Otukura
06-08-2011, 06:30 PM
What inventory slot is the costume in?

Vanity. I think he just wants to wear two vanities at once.

If the devs can do it, I don't think it would be too hard to change.

drewcapu
06-08-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm pretty sure the droid costume is a vanity helm. I've seen a droid with a vanity shield equipped.

Whirlzap
06-08-2011, 07:30 PM
I think the reason they dont allow both is maybe an act of impersonating the Devs for those who dont know much about red names.
However im not saying you guys would do it...

Otukura
06-08-2011, 07:32 PM
When you go into town, people think that ANYONE in a droid costume is a dev. I think the players who received them are mature enough to say "no, we're no"

Derajdefyre
06-09-2011, 09:52 AM
You know how you get four chat shortcuts? One of mine explains I am not a dev. The other two explain how I got the costume and that there will never be more.

Yes it is a vanity helm. I'm not sure how they would make it so I could have the costume and also a regular vanity helm, but like I said, I would love to both show my android pride and my Xperia Play pride at the same time. The original android release was when they had the contests for the costume that I won. The Xperia play release is what renewed my love for PL. It's only appropriate! That said, do I expect the devs to go out of their way for the tiny minority of players who won the costume when we already have something that makes us special? No, and I won't be bitter about it, but I can still ask nicely and say please :)

I didn't say please before! Devs, can I please wear my costume and a button at the same time?

JaytB
06-09-2011, 09:57 AM
LOL, I heard of this guy who wasn't a dev, running around in an Android costume. I guess they were referring to you :D

Derajdefyre
06-09-2011, 10:24 AM
I wasn't trying to trick anyone, I just wanted the buttons like everyone else!

Swimmingstar
06-09-2011, 10:52 AM
I was so mad at droidxmage cuz he wouldn't give me antennas but then i figured out he wasnt a dev