PDA

View Full Version : Few questions from a new player..

Aaron Bower
06-08-2011, 01:55 PM
What class if any is better for farming and making money?

What is the best way/faster way to level up? I have played like 10 hours and only have like two level 10's

What are the best things to use plat on when I get some?

WJJ
06-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Check the stickies for tons of guides to help u get started.

SknyAndy
06-08-2011, 02:18 PM
All classes are pretty even. When im lvling a new character I look for games with th most amount of people. That usually means you'll be able to move through them faster and get the most out of your time spent in the game. If you're lucky you'll get in with a group who's remaking the dungeons over and over.

At lower lvls I don't worry too much about farming for items. You will lvl pretty quick meaning you go through items faster. At about 30 is when I tend to start looking into pinks and purples.

I use plat for elixers. I wouldn't reccomend spending plat on elixers until lvling gets slower.

Add detstabeler and ill try to help out where I can.

Kraze
06-08-2011, 02:20 PM
IMO the best way to level is to find a class and build you enjoy playing. Pve wise things are pretty well balanced your not really going to find one uber build to use the whole game to make it any easier. As prior posts check out the guides makes life a whole lot easier for newer players.

Otukura
06-08-2011, 02:24 PM
What class if any is better for farming and making money?
At end-game you always run in full groups, so you should be getting the same for each class.

What is the best way/faster way to level up? I have played like 10 hours and only have like two level 10's
Forest haven is generally slow leveling(for me at least) because the mobs are spread out, and people normally kite each one of them, unless they're a warrior.
What are the best things to use plat on when I get some?
The special access campaigns, but always save some for re-specing. Vanities are awesome.. so are new faces.. but no part of the game actually requires you to spend.

Looking at my purchases... it's like:
respec, respec, respec, respec, respec, respec, face, respec, respec, respec, respec, respec, respec, vanity, respec, respec, respec, respec, respec, respec, respec, respec, face, respec, respec, respec, respec, face, vanity, emotes. (small version.. but it's the same ratio)

Snakespeare
06-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Some ppl think that mages get more gold drops, but I don't believe it. The best way to farm gold is to play solo (and lock it). For this a low level high yield map is best, because you can do it fast, and repeat. Don't forget to dump your potions at the Stash first because this is another way to make cash. Every four times you dump your potions in stash it's as good as 3000 gold (potions cost 1500 gp for 100 from Ellie, so make your own.)

Best way to level is to switch to Dark Forest as soon as you are allowed, which I think is level 8, and run with higher level players for safety. That puts you back to red threat level. When it's red, the XP is doubled, yellow is 1.5 and white is 1 xp per kill.

I bought consignment slots, crowns, rings, faces, inventory slots, and a lot of extra characters. Your mileage may vary.

Silentarrow
06-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Some ppl think that mages get more gold drops, but I don't believe it. The best way to farm gold is to play solo (and lock it). For this a low level high yield map is best, because you can do it fast, and repeat. Don't forget to dump your potions at the Stash first because this is another way to make cash. Every four times you dump your potions in stash it's as good as 3000 gold (potions cost 1500 gp for 100 from Ellie, so make your own.)
Best way to level is to switch to Dark Forest as soon as you are allowed, which I think is level 8, and runwith higher level players for safety. That puts you back to red threat level. When it's red, the XP is doubled, yellow is 1.5 and white is 1 xp
per kill.
I bought consignment slots, crowns, rings, faces, inventory slots, and a lot of extra characters. Your mileage may vary.. Thanks i never knew what those colors were for.

Aaron Bower
06-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the info and tips guys

davidis57
06-08-2011, 04:31 PM
I agree with all the advice given so far except soloing. This is a fun game and was meant to be played in groups.Too many solo and you don't really lose that much farming in groups. You clear map faster which means more items and gold in a lot less time. Only downside in group XP runs the higher lvl less XP gained from too much mob skipping. I noticed doing XP runs in crush I was getting 20xp at lvl 52. Skipping bosses on XP runs is customary but now standard mobs are skipped and makes it longer to lvl. Take your time, make friends, you will discover things as well as you play your way through.

Snakespeare
06-08-2011, 04:54 PM
I prefer to play solo whenever possible. There are several reasons. First, if you are low, like 2nd through 5th level, and some level 12 joins your game, the hit points and armor of the opponents goes so high it will take far longer to slay them. Second, the drops are scaled to the level of the highest player (plus threat rating) so if you are level 3 and you defeat Meathead, you get a level 3 item, but if there is a level 10 anywhere in that map, the drop is a level 10 item. When you're leveling, having a bunch of items that are way too high for you is useless. Third, you can play at your own pace. You can stop, eat, wash your hands, and go back to playing without worrying that the others have run ahead. And fourth, the gold drops and potion drops are much higher.

I did advise to play in groups when farming experience. But when farming gold, potions, or otherwise trying to influence the drops, it's wise to go solo. All your best kill farmers on the boards do it solo.

But I agree. When you are just looking for some fun play, join a group.