PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Gameplay, Guilds, Gear and Private Messaging

Stridz
06-08-2011, 02:20 PM
After playing this game for a couple of months, I have gotten a pretty decent understanding of how it works. Here are some suggestions for Gameplay improvements, Guild Implementation, and Private Messaging I feel would be useful.

Guilds

There was a thread in the guild section which asked for what needed to be implemented with the guilds feature in a future update.

Here are my suggestions:

1) A few people suggested using the /g to talk to guild. I disagree with this, as it is highly difficult to use fluidly on mobile devices (would be much easier on a keyboard).

I suggest that another tab is added to either the tabs (much like the friends tab), with a mini-tab that is guild chat (and recent messages), and a mini-tab indicating the players online, offline, and their guild ranks for messaging and communication purposes, with an interface similar to friends tab. Another option is another chat button at bottom of screen for guild, with guildchat incorporated into the normal chat, but the problem with this is space on a mobile device.

2) Guild Halls
Quite a few people suggested implementing a guild hall, and I have an elegant solution for this. In the world map, include a town called Guild Hall, which will create an instance if nobody is in the guild hall yet. Whenever people join this tab in the world map, it will either:
a) create a guild hall if one hasn't been instanced yet
or,
b) join the unique guild hall that has already been created

Another benefit of the guild hall could be a guild bank vendor placed here.

3) Guild Vanity
I am not sure of details on how to successfully implement this, but a vanity cap or shield with the initials of the guild could be very cool.

Gameplay
I will discuss suggestions regarding pve gameplay to create greater balance, since I am relatively unfamiliar with high lvl pvp gameplay.

1) Bears need to be able to hold aggro on mobs. I don't think that it is the bears that I play with, but there needs to be something other than taunt that only bears can use (like a shield wall). This can build up threat over time on fights like bosses.

I don't know if it's only me, but my lvl 52 bird in 51 bagmans can usually steal aggro from fortified set lvl 56 bears consistently, and without a threat meter, theres no way to tell when the aggro will be stolen.

2) Mages have a little too much utility/dmg. I would either make int mages more of a utility class with more powerful debuffs and buffs, or a damage class with strong AoE. As it is at the moment, int mages are the best AoE class in the game, as well as the best buffers/debuffers, and also have the most regens and outs.

I feel that something has to be toned down (other than survivability). Another problem with the bear/mage dynamic is that once the bears have established aggro on a group of mobs, a mage can steal aggro on almost all the mobs with a single heal. Another reason I feel str bears should have a skill like shield wall, or taunt needs to give bears top threat for the next 2 or 3 seconds automatically on a group of AoE mobs.

3) Birds seem relatively balanced to me at the moment. They don't have much in the way of AoE dmg, and their survivability is weak, but they do good single-target damage without having any great AoE utility. This seems to be a balanced cookie-cutter dps class.

Gear

I understand why in Balefort Sewers campaign the oranges, greens, and purple items were created to be good enough for people to use. However, at the moment, there is big similarities between the best green gear and the pinks.

For example, the stats on the Bagman's set for birds (green) are almost identical to the stats on the pink raid roach set. Either the pinks have to be better itemized (like more crit and armor on all pinks), or the greens have to be easier to obtain.

There are a lot of people who could simply use the green set and use 1.5x elixirs rather than the pink set and save money over the long run while also doing more dmg with more armor than the pink set. Pinks drop so rarely in Sewers that their stats need to be differentiated from greens and oranges and purples.

Private Messaging
I feel that a mailbox would be of great use in this game, as in any other mmo. A game called Haypi Kingdom has really implemented this well in game. Essentially, it costs a minimal amount of gold to send a letter to another person via pm. With the current interface system in pocket legends, I feel that it would not be too difficult to implement some sort of box with which one can send messages to people who are offline, to stay in touch or to leave messages (like to leave guild-wide messages, etc).

I hope that you read my suggestions and find some of them useful. You (the devs) are already doing a great job listening to solutions of the current PL community and I hope you keep up the good work!

DawnInfinity
06-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Many of these ideas have been suggested previously. Interesting feedback on the gameplay. There always have been advantages for certain classes, PvP and PvE. For the gear, are you suggesting better stats for pinks?

Stridz
06-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Dawn, I know there has always been advantages for certain classes but I feel that there could be balance improvements. At the moment, bears are the best crowd control (with the only stuns in game x3), and the best dmg soakers. However, they cannot hold aggro, so many bears opt to go dex to hold aggro and use their stunlocks as the main form of "tanking." That seems to me to be a design deficiency.

Similarly, there seems to be a big problem with weapons (at least for me). There are few advantages to using a 2h wep in sewers, since a talon/wing, wand/bracer, and 1h/shield essentially give you more of the attack stats, lower skill dmg and dps slightly, and add 50% to your armor. This seems to be seriously unbalanced to me. A mage with a wand/bracer can pop blessing of vitality and have as much armor as a str-bear for a while, at the same time enjoying their buffs, debuffs, and aoe dmg.

Also, as far as gear, I am suggesting either better stats for pinks, or worse stats for oranges/greens/purples. Pinks need to be significantly better to justify their value and effort in achieving them.

DawnInfinity
06-08-2011, 06:22 PM
I pretty much agree with everything. Haha. :o