PDA

View Full Version : custom set problem

Arterra
06-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Customized Auto-Bow Set +2 Crit, ________+5 H/s, +4 M/s, +6 Damage
Customized Recurve Set +7 Crit, +2 Dodge, +5 H/s, +6 M/s, +13 Damage, +2 Armor

Raid Roach Auto-Bow Set +2 Crit, +5 H/s, 4 M/s, +3 Damage
Raid Roach Recurve Set +2 Crit, +4 H/s, +4 M/s, +4 Damage

the recurve set has a huge difference in bonus, but the autobow just sits there with tiny bit more damage.
also, it it just me or does the custom weapon actually give less damage than a normal one, stand alone? you either need the whole set or nothing, and that prohibits the usage of crafting... a crafted item should be better all around, if only a little more. a stand alone item should not be penalized!

Customized Leather Req: Level 55, 173 Dex 14 Dex, 12% Hit, 10% Crit, 6 H/s, __________46 Armor
Raid Leather Req:--------Level 55, 173 Dex 12 Dex, 12% Hit, 10% Crit,_______ 6 Damage, 46 Armor

Customized Cap Req: Level 55, 173 Dex 14 Dex, 12% Hit, 10% Crit,_________ 6 H/s, 21 Armor
Raid Cap Req:--------Level 55, 173 Dex 12 Dex, 12% Hit, 10% Crit, 6 Damage,______ 21 Armor

Customized Auto-Bow Req: Level 55, 173 Dex 137-182 Damage, 1.0 Speed, 14 Dex, 12% Hit, 10% Crit, 6 H/s, 10 Armor
Raid Auto-Bow Req:--------Level 55, 173 Dex 143-188 Damage, 1.0 Speed, 12 Dex, 12% Hit, 10% Crit, ______10 Armor

Customized Recurve Req: Level 55, 173 Dex 146-191 Damage, 0.9 Speed, 14 Dex, 12% Hit, 10% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 Armor
Raid Recurve Req:-------- Level 55, 173 Dex 152-197 Damage, 0.9 Speed, 12 Dex, 12% Hit, 10% Crit,______ 5 Armor

in fact, does it LOSE damage overall? i dont think the set bonus even covers it. As it is, the regular autobow set is more powerful lol, since my dexmage gets to 100% crit when needed anyway

thx Yanis (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?18619-Pinks-with-Stats-and-Pictures-Balefort-Sewers-amp-Crafting) and your amazing guides...

Kraze
06-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Eh the auto would be fine if the ice proc actually worked

Arterra
06-08-2011, 03:15 PM
custom autobow set (cheapest of useful ones) has this to offer overall:
-12 damage, +18 H/s, +2 crit, +4 M/s

raid autobow set
+3 Damage, +5 H/s, +2 Crit, +4 M/s

so the bonus overall HP regeneration, at the cost of average damage... arguably not even worth it. however, alone the custom items not only cancel out raid set bonus, but also do not help the amount that they should considering how rare they are.

Gluttony
06-08-2011, 03:20 PM
I don't think it's a problem in the eyes of the devs since one set of for each stat (two for STR) were boosted way above the others (signified by green sparkles), recurve is one of those sets. It's been addressed by the community when crafting first came into play that it shouldn't be a stat trading system and a modification would be warranted. I created a thread and recall replying to quite a few as well, since it's mostly been left alone at this point people have just seemed to let it alone. The set bonuses for those few sets has seemed to quite players down quite a bit, and with addition of other content this issue doesn't seem to be bothering as many people as it once did.

You can read my thoughts on it from back at crafting launch HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19026-Customizable-Crafting). Phys was the only one who voiced any opinion back then, but now that a GoA is on the case perhaps some changes will be made in the near future.

Arterra
06-08-2011, 03:24 PM
ouch never looked, only came to my attention when i finally managed to get a recurve set... (thx gabob)

my actual point is that there is no reason to craft these items as stand alone replacements, breaking the sets you have. the casual -> decent player who has amassed his cash, or got lucky drops, cant improve himself unless he gets absolutely everything he needs, aka the entire set. crafting should be made to improve you, whenever you actually are able to.

ps seems like now i see another criteria for GoA: actually bothers to bring up issues and supports it in a not trollish way.

Kingofhurtz
06-08-2011, 03:27 PM
ouch never looked, only came to my attention when i finally managed to get a recurve set... (thx gabob)

my actual point is that there is no reason to craft these items as stand alone replacements, breaking the sets you have. the casual -> decent player who has amassed his cash, or got lucky drops, cant improve himself unless he gets absolutely everything he needs, aka the entire set. crafting should be made to improve you, whenever you actually are able to.

ps seems like now i see another criteria for GoA: actually bothers to bring up issues and supports it in a not trollish way.

I completely agree. You have to pay over 3 mil just to get the pros you COULD get for maybe around a mil. (Custom Recurve)

Arterra
06-08-2011, 03:41 PM
I completely agree. You have to pay over 3 mil just to get the pros you COULD get for maybe around a mil. (Custom Recurve)

Custom Recurve: +7 Crit, +2 Dodge, +5 H/s, +6 M/s, +13 Damage, +2 Armor
Raid Recurve:___ +2 Crit, _________+4 H/s, +4 M/s, +4 Damage, _________

which means, taking into account the losses of all items,

custom dmg - raid dmg
_______204 - 213
__________-9

crit: +5%

dodge: +2%

H/s: +19

M/s: +2

+2 armor

.... for 3 mill. and you lose quite a bit of bonus if you dont use all custom or all raid.

Customized Recurve Set +7 Crit, +2 Dodge, +5 H/s, +6 M/s, +13 Damage, +2 Armor

Raid Roach Recurve Set +2 Crit,_________ +4 H/s, +4 M/s, +4 Damage

Whirlzap
06-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Craftings been around for less than a year?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that it takes time for such non-obvious errors to be perfected.
Hopefully with a new campaign coming out, the crafting there will be improved(if there is crafting).

Kingofhurtz
06-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that it takes time for such non-obvious errors to be perfected.
Hopefully with a new campaign coming out, the crafting there will be improved(if there is crafting).

Maybe two months at most. I've never liked it :(

Arterra
06-08-2011, 03:54 PM

well sure, it is reasonably new. But consider the pace of PL so far. new content every 2 months or so, sometimes less, and reasonably quick response time for features that would just not work, or glitches. if they have yet to do anything with it it is because they either are trying not to unbalance some feature, have their own motives for current values, or simply are overworked lol.

Gluttony
06-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Maybe two months at most. I've never liked it :(

Crafting has been around since February 7, 2011. Check some of the start dates for threads in the crafting section.

Whirlzap
06-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Maybe they should make it so you can only craft the stuff when yoy have the whole set ready.
And with Enchanted Set, its for Mages, why does it give Hp Regen instead of Mana Regen?0.0

Kingofhurtz
06-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Crafting has been around since February 7, 2011. Check some of the start dates for threads in the crafting section.

Wow 4 months already?! Time sure has flown...

Arterra
06-08-2011, 03:59 PM
1)Maybe they should make it so you can only craft the stuff when yoy have the whole set ready.

2)And with Enchanted Set, its for Mages, why does it give Hp Regen instead of Mana Regen?0.0

1) that would mean that the not-hardcore player would be left out, and that once they ARE eligible they still need hoards of cash to upgrade all at once. does not solve the issue of individual crafted items not worth it.

2) Ikr? only use i can think of is for hybrids that dont have heal... then again, since restore is made stronger by int anyways, STILL not needed, at all....

Whirlzap
06-08-2011, 04:00 PM
I started after crafting came out, I think, around March?
Also, little pun there, king youre an archer and time has Flown.

Gluttony
06-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Maybe they should make it so you can only craft the stuff when yoy have the whole set ready.
And with Enchanted Set, its for Mages, why does it give Hp Regen instead of Mana Regen?0.0

It was my conclusion from the initial talks and various threads about crafting that the system was trying to take stat points from a (pure) class strength and place them into that class' weakness ie. DEX: DMG to H/s, INT: M/s to H/s... I don't know how effective this was since it does require one to take a hit in one area only to strengthen another, but it was the winning theory at the time.

Whirlzap
06-08-2011, 04:02 PM
I jus realized:
Maybe the Devs thought that Mages might take Mana Shield into consideration?
The Enchanted set givs an extra mana bonus, boosting my 55 to have 810 Mana.
With Mana Shield, it seems that the extra substituted Hp would he worth more than a mana regen at a low mana max?
Its very unlikely though:/

Arterra
06-08-2011, 04:04 PM
It was my conclusion from the initial talks and various threads about crafting that the system was trying to take stat points from a (pure) class strength and place them into that class' weakness ie. DEX: DMG to H/s, INT: M/s to H/s... I don't know how effective this was since it does require one to take a hit in one area only to strengthen another, but it was the winning theory at the time.

Fortified Sword Set +2 Dodge, +50 Health, +8 H/s, +4 M/s, +16 Armor
Fury Sword Set ____________________ + 6 H/s, +6 M/s, +2 Armor

exception ;) bears do not need more HP

Gluttony
06-08-2011, 04:11 PM
exception ;) bears do not need more HP

Perhaps I should clarify, this was back in Feb/Mar before the additional bonus to the custom sets. I believe the trade off is -6% Dodge, -6M/s for +2H/s, +8 DMG, +2 Armor, the STR class could use DMG and a bit of armor, not worth the trade in Dodge but that stat is abundant there so it's their strength while DMG is the weakness. It works.

Whirlzap
06-08-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm sorry but I don't really see the need for such pro gear and worries about it unless you PvP.
I personally don't share these worries;I don't pvp:

Arterra
06-08-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm sorry but I don't really see the need for such pro gear and worries about it unless you PvP.
I personally don't share these worries;I don't pvp:

a) collecting b) getting ready for next area as much as possible c) being better in pve d) if you dont care why bother posting here?

Ebalere
06-08-2011, 04:20 PM
if you dont care why bother posting here?

hes got a knack for this kind of stuff, lol

Whirlzap
06-08-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm grind-friendly.
Might make a dex bear 55, those are popular, and I'm enjoy twink level pvp. that's why.