PDA

View Full Version : Tanks = Nurse

geeman75
12-10-2015, 02:52 PM
Disclaimer I posted this on another thread, but I have been asked by several to make this a thread of its own

I guess we have no choice to accept this or quit.
I agree with what one post said why even bother just make us another DPS class since team work and class interaction really isn't necessary to get through any maps.
Give us a range weapon new dps skill and be done.
I hate to sound cynical, but it's the truth.
I've been a gamer longer than most playing or programming this game have even been alive. (My first game was pong when it first came out.)
In all the years of gaming this is the first and only game I've played where the tank is not only meant to hold aggro but heal also.
Usually there is a priest type character to keep tanks alive not the other way around.
This game goes against the very fabric of fantasy D&D based games and novels or thoughts.
Warriors are not paladins and tbh tanks in AL are neither we are nurses with weak stats, useless armor, and not enough dps to defend ourselves, and quite frankly worthless skills

Loyallivnlife Ceo
12-10-2015, 03:13 PM
| ° you lose :-)
|

But foreal we dont need no more dps classes, we need a support only class. Like a bernard or a priest.

And our skills need a revamp not as far as adjustment but as far as looks!!!!

We need Ques or a status bar for elites that we can see who wants to do what instead of going in the map and getting the following.
A: no one and wait for hours
B: a noob who doesnt help at all who just leeches.

Warriors are fine they just need a couple of things tweaked!!!

New passives would solve everything!!!
And these passives should only apply to pve

Warrior: each attack grants additional taunt, 10% damage reduction can be stacked. and has final chance when one hit k.o by boss or op mob you have 1% hp till you pot for 2.5secs only procs every 5 minutes and this is a passive

Rogue: lose aggro from stealth and cloaks you in darkness for 15 secs your covered in a dark veil applying shadow damage to attacks and gain 5% mana per attack. Passive and 2min cooldown

Etc

Hustle
12-10-2015, 03:17 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed that a moderator/dev sees this and replies about the future of Warrior in AL so won't be able to heal anyone. Making warrior another damage class maybe something that makes this class fun to play again and ends the current classism seen in every aspect of the game.

geeman75
12-10-2015, 03:58 PM
Ty for your support...

geeman75
12-10-2015, 04:00 PM
|

But foreal we dont need no more dps classes, we need a support only class. Like a bernard or a priest.

We need Ques or a status bar for elites that we can see who wants to do what instead of going in the map and getting the following.

Warrior: each attack grants additional taunt, 10% damage reduction can be stacked. and has final chance when one hit k.o by boss or op mob you have 1% hp till you pot for 2.5secs only procs every 5 minutes and this is a passive

Rogue: lose aggro from stealth and cloaks you in darkness for 15 secs your covered in a dark veil applying shadow damage to attacks and gain 5% mana per attack. Passive and 2min cooldown

Etc
I loose??? It was purely sarcasm in regards to dps class. Please understand my purpose was to point out tanks should be tanks not under geared under powered nurse maids. We are supposed to hold aggro while rest of group dps and heals. In any mmo game other than AL this is the case period... World of Warcraft for example got warrior class right as well as many other mmo games. Please don't miss my point!!!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Loyallivnlife Ceo
12-10-2015, 04:08 PM
This is what I meant | ° | notice at the top I made a pong diagram but it didnt show up as planned lol. Had nothing to do wit nuttin bro bro

Hustle
12-10-2015, 04:11 PM
|

Etc

Are u suggesting STS make warriors a support class? rogues don't even need tank to carry their handbags. Mages were in the same boat before they got their buff now they can actually contribute and do good damage in both pve and pvp. Dps doesn't need warrior if they know how to avoid red zones and spam pots. There is no use of a tank in AL anymore so it's better to make all three classes damage dealers. It will revive the dead warrior class. Leechers are in every class that has nothing to do with the tank problem. New passives like u describe won't solve the issue because the tank won't be invited to elite party even if manages to hold aggro cause it's not about taunt anymore it's all about dealing damage as fast as u can.

raxaxic
12-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Let's just make the warrior class pets. We could summon them or dismiss them in the stable. They would be like a body guard for our characters.

Loyallivnlife Ceo
12-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Ill make this short and simple.

Mobs need health and damaged buffed!!

Why: so the warrior can do its intended role as a tank!!
Problem and answer? The armor system is dumb for warriors and there armor % should be in a bigger multiple.

Example
Rogue1~2 hits in ren to kill elite
Mage 1~2 also 3
At most with nekro
Warrior 14~20 no buffs if not more

I agree warriors should have no party heal trade that off with heavy bleed damage that taunts everytime it ticks!! And with the passive I described warriors will have permanent taunt and more spread damage like mage.

Mages need more debuffs in there skills to make them more viable

Rogues will be rogues...

ketoh
12-10-2015, 05:51 PM
Let's just make the warrior class pets. We could summon them or dismiss them in the stable. They would be like a body guard for our characters.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/10/40cb803cd1bb78f4666677064cda9fed.jpg

[emoji23]

geeman75
12-10-2015, 08:15 PM
I appreciate the support here so far...

geeman75
12-10-2015, 10:30 PM
Troll much???

konafez
12-11-2015, 07:05 AM
I agree with this, every day in GC I see someone say "need rogue for pt" and I alwase make coments about the game being rogueocentric . Our guild did a duel contest..all the wars got knocked out first round. Most of the time I feel like all I do is run behind the rogues and heal them. Most often my choices are ..run by my self, or be the medic for the party. When I started playing wars could heal and regent mana and they were so much fun to play. Now ..not so much..

geeman75
12-11-2015, 08:22 AM
Nah nurses are pretty and I'm pwetty sure nurses don't look like Brock lesnor in the top with Adam Sandler legs.

Also nurses GiB free jell-O
Troll much??? Look we are trying to make a statement please show some consideration. I would not go on your thread and make some off color sexist comment about mages...

geeman75
12-11-2015, 10:43 AM
How is it sexist?

Much much hate in this post.
Can't help yourself can you??? It's ok. Troll on bro...

Hustle
12-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Can't help yourself can you??? It's ok. Troll on bro...

Bros forget about these little blue trolls. They conviently forget that when they were moaning and crying and begging and grovelling and threatening to leave the game before they got their buff the other two classes were supporting their crying and begging. Its in their best interest to maintain the status quo as it is. that. Besides this persons posts are usually just ramblings about how bad mages had it before and complete nonsense when it has anything to do with the warrior class.

geeman75
12-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Bros forget about these little blue trolls. They conviently forget that when they were moaning and crying and begging and grovelling and threatening to leave the game before they got their buff the other two classes were supporting their crying and begging. Its in their best interest to maintain the status quo as it is. that. Besides this persons posts are usually just ramblings about how bad mages had it before and complete nonsense when it has anything to do with the warrior class.
I agree he has many negative view ponts and trolls almost every thread that has nothing to do with him. Thanks for your support. Help me keep this thread going...

konafez
12-11-2015, 04:37 PM
If Roges and mages found out tomorrow sets was going to make them into a "support class" they would collectively quit the game...but wars are expected to just shut up and be the support class

coldheart
12-11-2015, 04:54 PM
And what are rogues?babysitters? ;)

Tehh
12-11-2015, 06:14 PM
this game is a rotation, having different classes be top class at different times. I believe a time will come around again where warriors will be the top class

Ihateppl
12-11-2015, 09:38 PM
Disclaimer I posted this on another thread, but I have been asked by several to make this a thread of its own

I agree with what one post said why even bother just make us another DPS class since team work and class interaction really isn't necessary to get through any maps.
I've been a gamer longer than most playing or programming this game have even been alive. (My first game was pong when it first came out.)
In all the years of gaming this is the first and only game I've played where the tank is not only meant to hold aggro but heal also.
Usually there is a priest type character to keep tanks alive not the other way around.
This game goes against the very fabric of fantasy D&D based games and novels or thoughts.
Warriors are not paladins and tbh tanks in AL are neither we are nurses with weak stats, useless armor, and not enough dps to defend ourselves, and quite frankly worthless skills
WTF is this? Please tell me who would want something like this as a thread?

Hell, when I'm done here maybe some people will ask me to make a thread off this...

No one is forcing you to play this game. If your not thrilled with playing a tank, go play a rogue, or a mage, or be one of those ppl who hangs out in guild castle all day.

Tanks are a short range class for a reason, this gives them more control on what mobs they pull, long range tanks make no sense... "Oops I aggro that mob at the back of the map again!"

Cynical about....?

Thank you for telling us about your life. Please tell us more about how you spend your life playing games.

Why on earth does the story arc have to be a traditional fantasy game? Originality once in a while never hurts.

I could dig way deeper into this thread and point out EVERY SINGLE THING WRONG WITH THI STATEMENT.

P.S.

A comma never hurt anyone mate.

mishafeng
12-11-2015, 09:44 PM
L

Are u suggesting STS make warriors a support class? rogues don't even need tank to carry their handbags. Mages were in the same boat before they got their buff now they can actually contribute and do good damage in both pve and pvp. Dps doesn't need warrior if they know how to avoid red zones and spam pots. There is no use of a tank in AL anymore so it's better to make all three classes damage dealers. It will revive the dead warrior class. Leechers are in every class that has nothing to do with the tank problem. New passives like u describe won't solve the issue because the tank won't be invited to elite party even if manages to hold aggro cause it's not about taunt anymore it's all about dealing damage as fast as u can.
I'd like to argue that many of the tanks I run elite with are quite essential to the runs. Most tanks don't try for lots of DMG because they were always told to do HP/ARMR builds. In fact I'll pick the tank Killerxyler (GM of Trinity Knights) who has a good amount of damage (over 600 I'm pretty sure) and he is nobody's nurse, tanks can near be the beat class in AL if they try.. Without tanks even a mage like me who is very experienced and knowledgeable (not too badly geared) with 4.6k HP and 1505 armor suffers without a tank. We need them because not all of us can have that 5k HP 1.7k+ armor. If tanks are made into a damage class and a new priest-like class is made it will most definitely fail. Nobody wants to be in a run for the sole purpose of being a nurse. It would be a waste of programming that could go into better looking items new pet ideas more gear that is achievable for elite farmers and NEW events and most of all a well tested and thoroughly thought through expansion...

Hustle
12-11-2015, 10:20 PM

Hell, when I'm done here maybe some people will ask me to make a thread off this...

No one is forcing you to play this game. If your not thrilled with playing a tank, go play a rogue, or a mage, or be one of those ppl who hangs out in guild castle all day.

Tanks are a short range class for a reason, this gives them more control on what mobs they pull, long range tanks make no sense... "Oops I aggro that mob at the back of the map again!"

Cynical about....?

Thank you for telling us about your life. Please tell us more about how you spend your life playing games.

Why on earth does the story arc have to be a traditional fantasy game? Originality once in a while never hurts.

I could dig way deeper into this thread and point out EVERY SINGLE THING WRONG WITH THI STATEMENT.

P.S.

Oh look another little blue troll preaching hate and talking nonsense..Maybe you trolls should follow ur own advice and stay off threads u don't like instead of wasting everyone's time with posts that aren't even worth reading let alone making threads out of.

PS
Stop personally attacking the OP. if u weren't hugged enough or something talk to a counsellor.

Hustle
12-11-2015, 10:40 PM
I'd like to argue that many of the tanks I run elite with are quite essential to the runs. Most tanks don't try for lots of DMG because they were always told to do HP/ARMR builds. In fact I'll pick the tank Killerxyler (GM of Trinity Knights) who has a good amount of damage (over 600 I'm pretty sure) and he is nobody's nurse, tanks can near be the beat class in AL if they try.. Without tanks even a mage like me who is very experienced and knowledgeable (not too badly geared) with 4.6k HP and 1505 armor suffers without a tank. We need them because not all of us can have that 5k HP 1.7k+ armor. If tanks are made into a damage class and a new priest-like class is made it will most definitely fail. Nobody wants to be in a run for the sole purpose of being a nurse. It would be a waste of programming that could go into better looking items new pet ideas more gear that is achievable for elite farmers and NEW events and most of all a well tested and thoroughly thought through expansion...

You are saying exactly what I amsaying. Tanks are supposed to be essential to elite runs and most go for Hp/armor cause that's what is required. The problem is that even a tank with 600 dmg, 3k armor and 8k plus hp is basically support in elite. No one really needs a tank in elite and you can forget any tank on a lb timed run. Yes all these things you suggest devs work on are also essential but so is a warrior class that can enjoy and, once again, be essential to the pve aspect of the game. As you said no one likes to be in a run for the sole purpose of being a nurse in random elite groups.

Earlingstad
12-11-2015, 11:05 PM

The title itself "Tanks = Nurse" is an exaggeration to be honest and it just seems like a click-bait.

Warriors got a nice buff on their axe-throw skill not very long ago and now they again got their Juggernaut buffed , which will possibly break lowlevel twink pvp but that is for another topic.

You lost me at "tank wanting to be ranged DPS class".

And this game can go against anything it wants. We love this game and it has been around for more than 3 years now for a reason. And maybe that is why you are not still playing Pong.

Hustle
12-11-2015, 11:18 PM
Mages are the support class if you are talking about AL.

P.s.: stop attacking the people trying to post an argument and trying to keep the quintessence of AL as it is always has been.

That edit is offensive in a lot of ways. Your enjoyment,=asking for damagae on a class that is able to hold aggro constantly, provide an immunity shield to all of its allies, pull members towards it, provide itself with a newly implemented immortality skill. Yes please let's just provide the tanks with a nuclear arsenal so that they can rule how they used to in PvP. That will never be happening, never ever. Never ever ever. Ever.

On a side note calling me a troll won't get this thread anywhere, if you can't argue like a sane person, and nott call me a troll like a billion times I suggest just ignore this post because the people who are meant to read it might(or might nott read it).

Giving tanks damage isn't the way to see them implemented in timed runs, if tanks were given an aimed shot. Rogues=female warriors. This would forever destroy how AL has been played. Before you spew about some nonsensical D &D game that you played with preists and stuff, those D&D games never lasted long due to no exclusivity, nada originality of their game. I would rather nott go in the same direction as your "class D&D" class.

If you still think this is a troll and nott a player who has an elephants thread which specifically asked more DPS out put on warriors and nott in a nukey kind of a way rather a buff or debuff kind of way, I hope you have a good day and even wonderful life.

This is trolling what you've been doing on almost all tank threads.
All you're saying and have been saying is that you are afraid of tanks ruling pvp again probably because a lot of tanks must have killed you in pvp a couple of seasons ago or whenever it is you used to play the game. If you had tried endgame pvp before the jugg buff (which was quickly removed) you would have seen that pro mages were routinely wrecking geared tanks. The less said about rogues the better. The tank is basically obselete in pve. Warriors can hardly expect mages to make threads about buffing tanks so the OP posted a solution albeit angry worded but a solution. Yeah sure now All mages want is to maintain the "quintessence" of the game but what was all that begging and raging before Mage buff about then?

PS I thought my edit was much less offensive than the "people trying to post an aguement"

Ihateppl
12-11-2015, 11:28 PM
This is trolling what you've been doing on almost all tank threads.
All you're saying and have been saying is that you are afraid of tanks ruling pvp again probably because a lot of tanks must have killed you in pvp a couple of seasons ago or whenever it is you used to play the game. If you had tried endgame pvp before the jugg buff (which was quickly removed) you would have seen that pro mages were routinely wrecking geared tanks. The less said about rogues the better. The tank is basically obselete in pve. Warriors can hardly expect mages to make threads about buffing tanks so the OP posted a solution albeit angry worded but a solution. Yeah sure now All mages want is to maintain the "quintessence" of the game but what was all that begging and raging before Mage buff about then?

PS I thought my edit was much less offensive than the "people trying to post an aguement"

LOL.

Im going to assume that you were part of the people who asked the OP to make a thread on this subject? Gj giving thanks to all of his posts btw.

If your going to insult me about my name, get in line, I deal with people like you and the OP every single time I log on to this game.

Just because tanks dont like working harder then mages and rogues does not mean they need a buff.

Ihateppl
12-11-2015, 11:32 PM
Oh look another little blue troll preaching hate and talking nonsense..Maybe you trolls should follow ur own advice and stay off threads u don't like instead of wasting everyone's time with posts that aren't even worth reading let alone making threads out of.

PS
Stop personally attacking the OP. if u weren't hugged enough or something talk to a counsellor.

#2 post: because I'm lazy...

He posted his own personal info on the thread, I just read it and laughed. Not my fault he posted "I have played computer games for longer then most STS employees are alive." That's honestly just asking for trouble.

Hustle
12-11-2015, 11:54 PM
LOL.

Im going to assume that you were part of the people who asked the OP to make a thread on this subject? Gj giving thanks to all of his posts btw.

If your going to insult me about my name, get in line, I deal with people like you and the OP every single time I log on to this game.

Just because tanks dont like working harder then mages and rogues does not mean they need a buff.

Noone's insulting your name 'mate' and it's not like that's the name your parents gave you so don't take the jokes personally. Although it fits you pretty well.
Yeah I did ask him to make his post a thread and it was aimed at getting some sort of response from the moderators so could you and your BFF stop trying to provoke and make this an arguement instead of a discussion? (Pretty please with sugar on top)
I normally try not to give trolls the attention they seek but before you say tanks don't want to work hard like rogues and mages take a look at the top player lb and all those tanks who have managed over 1m pve kills. Look at all those lvl 7 tanks who managed so many kills that most endgame tanks don't have a prayer of getting on the ctf/tdm lb. look at Markus who soloed planar tombs elite. They did that by bashing mobs/smurfs with shields and that's the definition of hard work 'mate'.

Killian229
12-12-2015, 12:36 AM
HoT is very close to health regen...that's essential in most games to our soaks.warriors need to generate more threat(skills,base threat maybe?), have 15-25% increased DAMAGE, Not dps, and buffs that cannot be debuffed(maybe PvE only..)I would take more CC aswell.Most people like to be able to just run some dungeons solo SOME times,try that with all three classes.study it.think.

Ihateppl
12-12-2015, 12:55 AM
Noone's insulting your name 'mate' and it's not like that's the name your parents gave you so don't take the jokes personally. Although it fits you pretty well.
Yeah I did ask him to make his post a thread and it was aimed at getting some sort of response from the moderators so could you and your BFF stop trying to provoke and make this an arguement instead of a discussion? (Pretty please with sugar on top)
I normally try not to give trolls the attention they seek but before you say tanks don't want to work hard like rogues and mages take a look at the top player lb and all those tanks who have managed over 1m pve kills. Look at all those lvl 7 tanks who managed so many kills that most endgame tanks don't have a prayer of getting on the ctf/tdm lb. look at Markus who soloed planar tombs elite. They did that by bashing mobs/smurfs with shields and that's the definition of hard work 'mate'.

You mean Makro? lmao.

Loyallivnlife Ceo
12-12-2015, 01:01 AM
Looks like people been reading my guide on how to troll which devs closed in 2 hours but didnt even give this thread a glimpse or a ray of hope that shines brightly between the warriors blouse when wearing his pretty glinstone gear...

Hustle
12-12-2015, 01:13 AM
You mean Makro? lmao.

Macro? Macro for what? Ur saying end game tanks on lb got all their kills using macros while all rogues and mages got them honestly? Or that Markus used macro to solo elite planar? Lvl 7 tanks don't need macros to kill their dummies/smurfs..Dude if ur out of nonsense to spew please move on to a different thread.

Hustle
12-12-2015, 01:57 AM
It's called dummy farming..the PvE kills was due to afking at nordr

Pls get your facts sorted before calling anyone who has an iota of disagreement with your posts a "troll".

Yeah and which one of these involve macros? Is it ok to suggest that warrs get kills using macros while rogues/mages don't or saying warriors just don't want to work hard? Dummy farmers and macros are not solely a warrior class issue so there is no point in mentioning this stuff on a thread calling for a review of the tank class. What facts have I got wrong? I'm calling u both trolls because u and ur friend are just making silly statements about nurses and the OPs personal life to inflammate this thread. Move on..you both don't seem to understand anything the warrior class yet you keep commenting on threads discussing the warrior class and asking for either a nerf or making snide comments.

Ihateppl
12-12-2015, 02:03 AM
Dont even bother with him Avikk, if OP and his lackies find tank too hard, let them rage about it all they want.

But, before I leave I just want to point out:

you call me a troll for voicing my opinion on a thread.

You specifically said this was a thread created for drama in hopes for issuing a response from the devs.

99% chance Hustle and OP are the same person. As they both use the same sentence structuring when they talk.

I hope you find this link very helpful.

http://www.thepunctuationguide.com/comma.html

P.S.

I have a tank for pvp. :)

Hustle
12-12-2015, 02:10 AM
Dont even bother with him Avikk, if OP and his lackies find tank too hard, let them rage about it all they want.

But, before I leave I just want to point out:

you call me a troll for voicing my opinion on a thread.

You specifically said this was a thread created for drama in hopes for issuing a response from the devs.

99% chance Hustle and OP are the same person. As they both use the same sentence structuring when they talk.

I hope you find this link very helpful.

http://www.thepunctuationguide.com/comma.html

P.S.

I have a tank for pvp. :)

All the commas and spacing dont disguise ur nonsense and hate. In any case good bye and good riddance.

PS
Having an alt u farm for kills on ur main doesn't mean you automatically understand the warrior class or its problems.

PPS
This comma fetish is kinda disturbing and I'm not enabling you.

geeman75
12-12-2015, 05:35 AM

Cynical about....?

P.S.

Lol just lol.... Have a nice day ma'am/sir

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=282376

Dex Scene
12-12-2015, 07:48 AM
Next we gonna see another thread like Tanks = Pets
So many threads and same inputs.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

geeman75
12-12-2015, 08:11 AM
Next we gonna see another thread like Tanks = Pets
So many threads and same inputs.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Lol there already was a post mentioning that...

Alhuntrazeck
12-12-2015, 08:27 AM
I commend STS for going against popular trends and trying something new. Just because in D&D classes were set a certain way doesn't mean that every MMO, every fantasy RPG, should remain the same until Kingdom come.

geeman75
12-12-2015, 08:40 AM
I commend STS for going against popular trends and trying something new. Just because in D&D classes were set a certain way doesn't mean that every MMO, every fantasy RPG, should remain the same until Kingdom come.
I agree to a certain point. I do like the originality of the class..

The only point I'm trying to make which keeps getting lost, is we are not equipped to do the job.

With top gear and maxed jewles still a subpar class on average.

There are exceptions to everything I'm comparing average geared to average geared in all classes...

I do thank you for your opion and keeping it civil, for in all honesty thats the way it should be... [emoji3]

Hustle
12-12-2015, 10:41 AM

Does the role of the goal keeper change no matter what game u play? If u don't give the goal keeper gloves u think he will be as effective? The role of a tank in every MMO has always been the same be it WoW, D&D or AL. Take damage and maintain aggro. It's the same model AL follows with the added responsibility of having to heal rogues and little blue trolls. Like the OP said the problem isn't the role,'it's the broken tools tanks have to try to do their role properly. The problem is the death of tanks from the pve aspect of the game which never happened in other MMOs like WoW which have been running for decades. This is why every pro endgame tank on this forums has been asking for a review of the tank class and this isn't recent. Check forums and you will see the same threads with the same input and no moderator response going back 2 years. Jugg issue isn't something new and neither is the fact that no one takes a tank to elite if they have a rogue/Mage alternative. In randoms you don't have a choice but I have never seen anyone say need tank for elite/lb run in gc and I've been playing for over 2 years.

extrapayah
12-12-2015, 11:05 AM
i don't mind playing my tank as nurse, in fact, i also want sts to tone down the aggro gained by heal over time in pve, to play as nurse mage :P

BUT, the scaling system in pve makes all classes need to do some damage (in recent case, big damage) or else, runs will always become slower

Befs
12-12-2015, 12:36 PM
If Roges and mages found out tomorrow sets was going to make them into a "support class" they would collectively quit the game...but wars are expected to just shut up and be the support class

Is that not what u signed up for when u made a warrior?

Zeus
12-12-2015, 12:48 PM
i don't mind playing my tank as nurse, in fact, i also want sts to tone down the aggro gained by heal over time in pve, to play as nurse mage :P

BUT, the scaling system in pve makes all classes need to do some damage (in recent case, big damage) or else, runs will always become slower

When creating a party, each person added to the party receives an XP bonus to encourage leveling together instead of solo. If STG applied the same concept to warriors and giving the entire team a heavy damage boost (think greater than initial Paracelsus damage boost) then I doubt anyone would be complaining about bringing a warrior to run.

The alternative route would be to implement class combos which require all 3 classes and cause massive damage as they did in PL.

Hustle
12-12-2015, 12:50 PM
When creating a party, each person added to the party receives an XP bonus to encourage leveling together instead of solo. If STG applied the same concept to warriors and giving the entire team a heavy damage boost (think greater than initial Paracelsus damage boost) then I doubt anyone would be complaining about bringing a warrior to run.

The alternative route would be to implement class combos which require all 3 classes and cause massive damage as they did in PL.

This is the best solution so far.

geeman75
12-12-2015, 01:13 PM

Thanks for the support bro...
I think this is an excellent idea ...

nightmaresmoke
12-12-2015, 01:18 PM
Big Muscle Nurses hahaha

extrapayah
12-12-2015, 01:37 PM

devs confirmed that for every members added, enemy level is increased, hence the increased xp. i think by adding a damage boost to party won't be enough to help, because enemies will also hit harder, not only have increased health/armor,

in my opinion, this is the root of the problem that discouraging full party farming, adding unnecessary complexity, and in the end motivating players to find loophole to scale down.

Dex Scene
12-12-2015, 02:55 PM

I been saying in almost all threads... add a class combo for having 3 classes in a party

Zeus
12-12-2015, 05:14 PM
I been saying in almost all threads... add a class combo for having 3 classes in a party

I've been saying it since before your account creation date, lol.

konafez
12-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Is that not what u signed up for when u made a warrior?

Nope, when I started , max level was 16 and tanks were the best class in the game

Hustle
12-12-2015, 09:26 PM

I've been saying it since before your account creation date, lol.

Thank you both for giving a really good solution to the tank pve problem. Any further constructive feedback/suggestions for improving the role of a tank in pve would be most welcome from all classes. So would any moderator response about the tank concerns mentioned in this thread. I'm sure the developers can inform us best regarding changes they can make to game mechanics without causing issue like the juggernaut-induced crashes. Any information about what the future holds for the tank class would be greatly appreciated and I hope they can acknowledge the concerns of the big brutes with the graceful feet.

Alhuntrazeck
12-13-2015, 04:10 AM
Does the role of the goal keeper change no matter what game u play? If u don't give the goal keeper gloves u think he will be as effective? The role of a tank in every MMO has always been the same be it WoW, D&D or AL. Take damage and maintain aggro. It's the same model AL follows with the added responsibility of having to heal rogues and little blue trolls. Like the OP said the problem isn't the role,'it's the broken tools tanks have to try to do their role properly. The problem is the death of tanks from the pve aspect of the game which never happened in other MMOs like WoW which have been running for decades. This is why every pro endgame tank on this forums has been asking for a review of the tank class and this isn't recent. Check forums and you will see the same threads with the same input and no moderator response going back 2 years. Jugg issue isn't something new and neither is the fact that no one takes a tank to elite if they have a rogue/Mage alternative. In randoms you don't have a choice but I have never seen anyone say need tank for elite/lb run in gc and I've been playing for over 2 years.

Apples and oranges.

You're comparing within a single game (at least I think you are). This analogy would work if, for example, I wanted to play D&D with my friends and make my warrior a spellcaster. MMORGs are a genre. A proper analogy would be to compare, say, tennis & soccer/football.

Staying on topic though, I think there definitely should be some changes to tanks, and I do not think making them another damage class is the solution. One of the easiest solutions would be, I feel, to make Vengeful Blood a team buff while increasing the difficulty of mobs, so that a warrior would be very useful indeed.

P.S: insulting players isn't going to help. Little blue troll, seriously? Mages have been running around with +50 HP/s regen on Lifegiver for 3 years...

geeman75
12-13-2015, 06:59 AM
I also think a buff to vb would be good. I also think having vb draw real aggro would help.
Tbh my statement in regards to tanks being a dps, was not my point.
My point is the, way tanks are speced, and geared atm isn't sufficient to play the roll, that we are meant to play. I don't want to necessarily be a damge dps hulk.
I do however want to be able to perform as a tank, not be left out on any maps eg. arena because we are to week.
I also don't want to get one or two shot in pvp. After obtaining new mythic set stats droped no mana axe throw is nice but do it a couple of times heal once out of mana. No mana = dead tank...

Intous
12-13-2015, 08:01 AM
Best solution so far is class combo.
Buffing warrs will make mages and rogues complain.
So endless complaints.

Hustle
12-13-2015, 10:14 AM
Apples and oranges.

You're comparing within a single game (at least I think you are). This analogy would work if, for example, I wanted to play D&D with my friends and make my warrior a spellcaster. MMORGs are a genre. A proper analogy would be to compare, say, tennis & soccer/football.

Staying on topic though, I think there definitely should be some changes to tanks, and I do not think making them another damage class is the solution. One of the easiest solutions would be, I feel, to make Vengeful Blood a team buff while increasing the difficulty of mobs, so that a warrior would be very useful indeed.

P.S: insulting players isn't going to help. Little blue troll, seriously? Mages have been running around with +50 HP/s regen on Lifegiver for 3 years...

How many mages use life giver in pve?

From what I've seen all the smurfs refused to be mana healers and concentrated on damage so they became viable in elites. The threads were all about getting shield buffed and you all got that done with the support of the other classes. Now Mages can tank as well as a tank can if they are evenly mildly skilled. Mages were supposed to be crowd control and support but yall ditched that to focus on damage. Yet when tanks call for any sort of buff you all show up on tanking threads crying about the olden days of tank farming. If life giver is broken make a thread like warriors have been doing. I call people who troll threads with hidden agendas/fears trolls and if they are little and blue they get called little, blue trolls.

The analogy fits to any game u play. The goalkeepers purpose is to stop the other team from scoring no matter if it's hockey, football or NHL. The role of a tank has always been the same in every MMO throughout the genre.

Look up what a tank means and it says soaking damage and maintaining aggro. The tanks in AL don't have the tools to do either and even if they do its not necessary. That why no one takes tanks to elites. You acknowledge the warrior class is broken and needs review but don't want to give them damage while dealing damage is all that this game requires.

No tank really wants to become a damage dealer or we would have made rogues or smurfs. We are frustrated with the situation and offering solutions cause we doubt mages will be making threads to buff warriors anytime soon.

geeman75
12-13-2015, 03:17 PM

From what I've seen all the smurfs refused to be mana healers and concentrated on damage so they became viable in elites. The threads were all about getting shield buffed and you all got that done with the support of the other classes. Now Mages can tank as well as a tank can if they are evenly mildly skilled. Mages were supposed to be crowd control and support but yall ditched that to focus on damage. Yet when tanks call for any sort of buff you all show up on tanking threads crying about the olden days of tank farming. If life giver is broken make a thread like warriors have been doing. I call people who troll threads with hidden agendas/fears trolls and if they are little and blue they get called little, blue trolls.

The analogy fits to any game u play. The goalkeepers purpose is to stop the other team from scoring no matter if it's hockey, football or NHL. The role of a tank has always been the same in every MMO throughout the genre.

Look up what a tank means and it says soaking damage and maintaining aggro. The tanks in AL don't have the tools to do either and even if they do its not necessary. That why no one takes tanks to elites. You acknowledge the warrior class is broken and needs review but don't want to give them damage while dealing damage is all that this game requires.

No tank really wants to become a damage dealer or we would have made rogues or smurfs. We are frustrated with the situation and offering solutions cause we doubt mages will be making threads to buff warriors anytime soon.
I believe you have illustrated the point of what this game has evolved into very well...

We were supposed to be tank secondary healer, and mages were suposed to be crowd control and main healers.
Somehow that has been done away with.

Hustle
12-13-2015, 06:37 PM
I believe you have illustrated the point of what this game has evolved into very well...

We were supposed to be tank secondary healer, and mages were suposed to be crowd control and main healers.
Somehow that has been done away with.

Personally I feel that giving the tank a heal is genius. We don't have to depend on anyone and can protect ourselves and the team better. I also think mages played it really smart by shedding their support class status and asking for buffs which made them much more balanced overall. What I don't understand is why they all seem so threatened by a warrior buff even when all that is being asked for is a pve buff not pvp.

geeman75
12-13-2015, 08:06 PM
A prime example of what I'm trying to say, I was in arena lobby waiting patently for a party when I get "War out".
I was the first one there lol.
I have 3k armor over 9k hp, and Nekro, depending on weapon I use I have over 900 damage.
I also want to add the mage who was demanding for me to leave had less damage than I did.
People wonder why I started this thread well this is one example of why I started it...

geeman75
12-13-2015, 11:23 PM
The title itself "Tanks = Nurse" is an exaggeration to be honest and it just seems like a click-bait.

Warriors got a nice buff on their axe-throw skill not very long ago and now they again got their Juggernaut buffed , which will possibly break lowlevel twink pvp but that is for another topic.

You lost me at "tank wanting to be ranged DPS class".

And this game can go against anything it wants. We love this game and it has been around for more than 3 years now for a reason. And maybe that is why you are not still playing Pong.
Why do so many people who reads my post not get the point.
I am not asking for dps or damage that statement was purely sarcasm.
As far as axe throw look what we gave up for it, my stats droped for that extra feature.
I'm asking for a fair playing field is all.
I think the game is awesome, but nothing is perfect.
If we don't bring these issues up, they will never get fixed...

Hustle
12-14-2015, 12:56 AM
You can't expect to "get your point" when you are being sarcastic without any real sarcasm. No eye rolls, nott even a "not".

Nott to mention you have been defending that point, contrary to this message.

The issues you are bringing up, imho seem haphazard and trivial.

Mythic set provides weaker stats to all the classes.

P.S.: I doubt anyone believes 'I was being sarcastic"lel.

Tank issues aren't haphazard or trivial despite the not-so-subtle efforts on this thread to trivialize them. Everyone knows what issues a tank faces in PVE. Tank PVE relevance..that's what this thread is about. Whether he was sarcastic or not when asking for tanks to be converted into a damage class doesn't change the fact that the role of a warrior in pve needs a look into.

PS

Caabatric
12-14-2015, 01:18 AM

Let me ask how many top level mages use shield in pve?
The only 2 skills buffed were lifegiver and shield, both were pvp oriented buffs, that had little effect on pve. These buffs were essential to a mage not being comboed through shield.

As to tank pve relevance.
The combo with 3 classes is honestly the best way to go. The straight up buffs, while may seem useful, would make sts have to slightly buff up the mobs to deal with the buffed players, thus running without the buff in a pug would become very very hard, but the combo would require coordination to pull of, and still provide a strong benefit.

Hustle
12-14-2015, 01:31 AM
Let me ask how many top level mages use shield in pve?
The only 2 skills buffed were lifegiver and shield, both were pvp oriented buffs, that had little effect on pve. These buffs were essential to a mage not being comboed through shield.

As to tank pve relevance.
The combo with 3 classes is honestly the best way to go. The straight up buffs, while may seem useful, would make sts have to slightly buff up the mobs to deal with the buffed players, thus running without the buff in a pug would become very very hard, but the combo would require coordination to pull of, and still provide a strong benefit.

Not many pro mages I assume or you wouldn't have mentioned it but I do see a lot running with shield in random elites. You see I wouldn't know what pro mages use in elite cause I've never been invited to grind elites with them even though I have an endgame maxed gear warrior. In any case I'm not begrudging the mages their buff if most of them and STS agreed that it is necessary. Good on them for realizing the problems they were facing and getting STS to implement changes through forum discussion.
Thank you for agreeing that the tanks and pve situation needs a look at and I agree with you that a class combo is the best way to go. It won't have any effect on pvp which is what most seem to fear and will make running with a tank necessary/beneficial again. I would rather mob numbers increase rather than buffing mobs cause the amount of one-hits to dps is too freaking high as it is Imo. Increased numbers would hopefully increase the value of bringing a tank along. This is all warriors want in the first place. No one wants to see 5-5 tank battles again in pvp rooms.

Hustle
12-14-2015, 03:22 AM
Sheldon called me he said that spray doesn't work.

Also sprays don't have a "maximum strength", its not a death ray gun.

The only solace I find in this meme is Sheldon won't be seeing it.

This is what you said earlier, now it's "I was being sarcastic".

Kaythxbai

I said that and I never said I was being sarcastic...geeman said he was being sarcastic when he mentioned making tanks a damage class..all warriors are not the same person even though we are all saying the same thing more or less. Do you have anything to say about the issue itself other than just calling the wrong people out? Any constructive feedback? Any reason as to why the tank class should not be buffed in pve?

Hustle
12-14-2015, 04:28 AM
If you were to read my earlier posts on this thread you wouldn't need to ask me these redundant questions and post troll memes.

Maybe you need to take a deep breath and read what people posting (fully) and then try to comprehend it(if you can).

Do you have anything besides to call everyone a troll? Do you have anything new to say besides what has already been discussed in a dozen threads.

There is a search function in the forums, good luck and have fun.

I've read the posts on this thread and they seem to be driven by fear of tanks in pvp. Have u read what the warriors on this thread and all those threads u have mentioned are saying?
Fine. Your not a troll and you really do have the warrior class' best interest at heart. What is ur solution to the tank pve problems?
All you have mentioned on the actual subject of the thread in ur pervious threads is stated below. It seems to me that it may not be clear to you exactly why so many tanks are making threads. Let me summarize the problem. Tanks aren't required in any form of pve. It has nothin to do with pvp.
Now. What's ur argument against a pve buff other than a seemingly irrational fear of tanks in pvp and classic D&D games? On one hand u don't want to shift, even slightly, from the quintessence of the original AL model, which fyi is based on previous classic D&D models, while on the other hand u lament the lack of originality of said games and predict their swift demise.
What tanks fear is the that AL will go the way of these games, atleast as far as they are concerned, and it is already happening with lots of tanks quitting or making rogues/mages. The problems the warrior class is facing are real and trying to stop a Pve tank buff thread because of pvp fears is a short-sighted and overlooks the negative impact on the entire tanking community.

Your enjoyment,=asking for damagae on a class that is able to hold aggro constantly, provide an immunity shield to all of its allies, pull members towards it, provide itself with a newly implemented immortality skill. Yes please let's just provide the tanks with a nuclear arsenal so that they can rule how they used to in PvP. That will never be happening, never ever. Never ever ever. Ever.

Giving tanks damage isn't the way to see them implemented in timed runs, if tanks were given an aimed shot. Rogues=female warriors. This would forever destroy how AL has been played. Before you spew about some nonsensical D &D game that you played with preists and stuff, those D&D games never lasted long due to no exclusivity, nada originality of their game. I would rather nott go in the same direction as your "class D&D" class.

Hustle
12-14-2015, 10:37 AM
It might be based on D&D the same way Runescape is based on WoW lel...

There are aspects of AL you won't find in most MMOs, that and when you combine all the aspects of AL, daily quests, a world boss, monthly event(pfft if you count gauntlet as an event), craftin, the three classes(which are there in some RPGs and some nott, but nott having played any MMOs besides Runescape and wow(hated wow, its a week play of gameplay) and other rpgs like skyrim (was okayish idk what the hype was about, mods are fun but bored after of one time playign through the story, level 60-70 char with 95+ smithing, crafting daedric weapons made it booting).

I will stop talking about games since that would be derailing the thread.

What I proposed for warriors to be implemented in PvE runs would be obstacles. Obstacles like; the pools at Paracelsus or spots in maps where if all 3 classes are standing the object, maybe nott an obstacle in this case, provides a massive stat buff to all three classes standing there, imagine warriors healing with 1.5k damage. Pass crit to mages and you have the clock dot stacking to pretty much annihilate all mobs. The problem with such places is a laggy warrior. Let's say what will a rogue do if those Paracelsus-pool-like obstacles were one hitting rogues no matter what? A mage can get past with his shield and gale, a warrior can heal himself. A rogue is stuck there behind the pools having to wonder whether the 5 ankhs would be worth it.

Provide warriors with a stat buff for all around him but nott him in both PvE and PvP, no bugs please.
Armour and crit or another immortality...

Then again this isn't a viable solution to the developers since there was no reply, I had even asked for more mobs at bosses for mages to have something to do make sure mages and warriors are required at boss. The three axes of warrior would mean the rogues are able to concentrate on the boss and nott the mobs which would be a waste of DPS. This might thereby speed up boss kills, having more mobs t bosses that is!

All of this drama could have been avoided if an old thread had been bumped by you.

Survival isn't the issue for a warrior in pve imho. I rarely die in rengol elites and when I do I blame lag. :) Added immortality or survival won't help a tank get an elite party and it may make low lvl tanks more OP in pvp and no one seems to want that to happen, with good reason I suppose. Elites have mainly been about how fast you can get done with it. It is for this reason that tanks are dying from pve, figuratively not literally.
What you are purposing is some sort class bonus for having all three classes on the same map. I'm not sure exactly what u mean by obstacles and a tank healing with 1.5k damage but it seems like a fun idea. Also I think one-hitting mobs actually hurt the tank class as much as they do the dps who get trapped in their red zones. No tank wants to see three dps die from a single bomb or via giant club. The tanks job is to protect and one-hitting mobs already make it very hard.
If anything should be buffed it's bosses like u suggested. Rogues hardly need a tank to kill boss if they spread out over the map and this is another reason why they don't take tanks/mages along. If bosses were as hard as elite frostir used to be maybe tanks would be in demand again.
Thanks for ur constructive feedback. There have been countless threads about the issues of the tank class with little to no moderator response. Bumping old threads just makes u look lazy and tanks are anything but lazy. This thread, in any case, was a continuation of the discussion from the now closed/moved juggernaut feedback thread.

geeman75
12-14-2015, 05:45 PM
You can't expect to "get your point" when you are being sarcastic without any real sarcasm. No eye rolls, nott even a "not".

Nott to mention you have been defending that point, contrary to this message.

The issues you are bringing up, imho seem haphazard and trivial.

Mythic set provides weaker stats to all the classes.

P.S.: I doubt anyone believes 'I was being sarcastic"lel.
Ok first ty again for pointing out what you think is wrong so very nicely "Not".

Look I never said wars were the onlyones to take a stat nerf with new gear.

I responded to what "you" said is such an awesome thing and tbh that is debatable. When you factor in what we loss it really isn't all that great.

As far as the sarcasm I'm saying if they aren't going to give us a fair chance in pve then why not give us dps?

They buff mage (suport class) y'all get dps and crit, and a buffed heal that none use in maps.

Mage not using heals doesn't bother me what bothers me is you act as if wars are fine as they are...

I bet before mage got there buffs you wouldn't like someone bashing all your attempts at equality.

I realize my ideas may not be good for you and thats fine. I am not seeking your approval.... Thank you very much have a great day.... :-)

Killamurk
12-14-2015, 05:59 PM

I love this one the best.... ;-)

ucupduyeh
12-15-2015, 12:11 PM
This. Before aegis nerfed, STS bring back a little fun to play with warrior again. Now i feel really tired, i think i am gonna quit.

Hustle
12-15-2015, 02:29 PM
This. Before aegis nerfed, STS bring back a little fun to play with warrior again. Now i feel really tired, i think i am gonna quit.

Your not the only one bro all tanks feel this way.

geeman75
12-15-2015, 03:17 PM
Your not the only one bro all tanks feel this way.
Yes we do. I don't have the energy or desire to make another end game toon after all the gold it took to make this one... Mats and gear are not cheap not to mention jewels... quitting has crossed my mind as well...

Hustle
12-15-2015, 03:48 PM
Yes we do. I don't have the energy or desire to make another end game toon after all the gold it took to make this one... Mats and gear are not cheap not to mention jewels... quitting has crossed my mind as well...

I blame the warriors of AL. We have not been vocal enough on forums and that seems to play a huge part in what gets buffed or nerfed in game. As seen and mentioned on the aegis thread it even plays a part in which threads get moved where. If AL can see the overall outrage of all warriors on how they have handled these issues they may be less inclined to make huge changes to the warrior class based on what mages and rogues want and not what is best for the warrior class.

Hustle
12-15-2015, 05:12 PM
Would love to see the thoughts of the pro tanks of AL. I am sure people like Maarkus, Ravager and Ardberg, just to name a few, understand tanking and the warrior class better than average nabs like myself. If you pros have some thoughts or suggestions I'm sure it will be to the benefit of the entire class.

Gabrielcabral
12-16-2015, 10:49 AM
I think tanks must get a nerf on defense and a buff on damage... not to much because they still tanks but atleast for it does not be a "nurse"

bonjovi3223
12-16-2015, 11:09 AM
I think tanks must get a nerf on defense and a buff on damage... not to much because they still tanks but atleast for it does not be a "nurse"
Same story, different name...

geeman75
12-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Wow you're good almost missed the fact you posted this on that troll thread of course it is bogus...

lol good try should have changed wording a little more...

I mean give me a break we already have a hard enough time in elites you want to nerf the only thing we have defense smh...

Hustle
12-16-2015, 01:40 PM

This is basically a thread about how endgame tanks aren't needed in Pve anymore. The fear-of-lvl7-tanks thread is the other one.
Atleast you understand that the tank class has some major issues. More damage just to the warrior is a route I personally don't want STS to go down and it won't really help us. It will just make mages make more nerf warrior threads.
Ways to give us pve relevance may include a class buff if all three classes present or increasing mob numbers/boss strength among others. With the aegis nerf and the juggernaut revision and roll-back (even though survival isn't really the issue in elites for tanks) things are worse than ever.

Arkiouj
12-16-2015, 02:37 PM
I agree with alot of what OP is saying but I think making warriors a dmg/dps class is the wrong way to go.

Alot of the problem imo revolves around PvP. If sts for example buffed tanks hp and armor and gave them some kind of dmg reduction, the PvPers start whining - as we see with that 'nerf tanks' thread. STS need to decide if this is primarily a PvP game or a PvE game as trying to balance them together obviously doesn't seem to work.

Hustle
12-16-2015, 03:17 PM
I agree with alot of what OP is saying but I think making warriors a dmg/dps class is the wrong way to go.

Alot of the problem imo revolves around PvP. If sts for example buffed tanks hp and armor and gave them some kind of dmg reduction, the PvPers start whining - as we see with that 'nerf tanks' thread. STS need to decide if this is primarily a PvP game or a PvE game as trying to balance them together obviously doesn't seem to work.

Converting tanks to a dps class is something tanks don't really want. It is just frustration at the lack of relevance tanks feel in elite where everything seems to be about dealing damage and getting through the map as fast as you can.

xnorwayx
12-16-2015, 05:17 PM
This thread is a joke. Imho warriors doesn't need any more buffs. I don't want same situation as it was when pvp was introduced.

geeman75
12-16-2015, 05:20 PM
This thread is a joke. Imho warriors doesn't need any more buffs. I don't want same situation as it was when pvp was introduced.
I am referring to pve...
As far as pvp goes wars are not op definitely not endgame...
This thread was started to address the issues in elite maps...

Hustle
12-16-2015, 06:22 PM

This is a tank pve thread. We are asking for pve buffs and relevance on this thread.
Maybe practice what u so vehemently preach.

geeman75
12-16-2015, 11:28 PM
I believe we have made a valid point as far as end game goes.
If one needs proof look at how tanks get treated in arena lobby.
Check out how many tanks are trying to get a pug in planar tombs.

Roninmoro
12-17-2015, 12:15 AM
Remember to keep it on topic and non-abusive to other players, thanks.

Killian229
12-17-2015, 01:53 AM
Honestly guys really really look at all skills for each class.now look at end game weapon damage for all characters.It is based solely (from what we see) on dps.that never bides well for Warriors.Look at end game weapon dps for each class,who is at the bottom(makes sense though right?)so how could anyone think a Warriors weapon does a correct,balanced amount of DAMAGE(not dps)?Zeus had a good idea by adding in combos from pl.That doesn't help Warriors who like to solo.One thing from pl they need to incorporate in AL is the weapon speed/base weapon damage way of figuring out two separate stats(base damage and dps).leaving out base damage is detrimental to Warriors along with debuff>buff.either add stats for base damage and attack speed on weapons or give warrior a battle cry that can be reapplied every 5secs or so to compete with mage/rouges 3 or 4 second debuff skills(Honestly, why doesn't AS have to be charged to add debuff?)The warrior need the work,not adding in things to cover up the fact that they are easily the dunce of this game with the excuse given of"well they are op and cause they survive way longer".each character has their notch in RPG games with class special skills.rouges have high crit,mages got burst heals(cry at no rev)and CC, and Warriors got...health/armor.how does that mean they cannot do a fair amount of DAMAGE?doesn't add up people.think..

Hustle
12-17-2015, 01:58 AM
Honestly guys really really look at all skills for each class.now look at end game weapon damage for all characters.It is based solely (from what we see) on dps.that never bides well for Warriors.Look at end game weapon dps for each class,who is at the bottom(makes sense though right?)so how could anyone think a Warriors weapon does a correct,balanced amount of DAMAGE(not dps)?Zeus had a good idea by adding in combos from pl.That doesn't help Warriors who like to solo.One thing from pl they need to incorporate in AL is the weapon speed/base weapon damage way of figuring out two separate stats(base damage and dps).leaving out base damage is detrimental to Warriors along with debuff>buff.either add stats for base damage and attack speed on weapons or give warrior a battle cry that can be reapplied every 5secs or so to compete with mage/rouges 3 or 4 second debuff skills(Honestly, why doesn't AS have to be charged to add debuff?)The warrior need the work,not adding in things to cover up the fact that they are easily the dunce of this game with the excuse given of"well they are op and cause they survive way longer".each character has their notch in RPG games with class special skills.rouges have high crit,mages got burst heals(cry at no rev)and CC, and Warriors got...health/armor.how does that mean they cannot do a fair amount of DAMAGE?doesn't add up people.think..

Well said bro! All out of thanks so +1 to this :)

bonjovi3223
12-17-2015, 06:05 AM
Remember to keep it on topic and non-abusive to other players, thanks.
We have been trying to keep it on topic for about 2 weeks now. Any feedback from yourselves on the aegis nerf?

Hustle
12-17-2015, 12:04 PM
Actually I'd like to touch on what I'd call game design flaws. Arena is a game design flaw. Why? Because it's a map that is 99.9% reliant on single-target heavy damage (i.e. it's a rogue map). Tanks and to a lesser extent mages get little love there because they cannot deal the same amount of damage on bosses as rogues do, and thus will not be in demand to run those maps.

Remember during the Nordr expansion there was a gauntlet style map where you needed to pay to gain entry into a special map for the chance to loot many Elite Golden Warchests in one run? Rogues were still in demand because you had to fight four elite bosses in one map but tanks could still play a role because the mobs were hard (standard elite Nordr mobs... people who played lvl31 cap will attest to how annoying they were) and people would call a tank in to help save a few deaths (if you died and did not plat revive you could not finish the map). These sort of maps, instead of stuff like arena are what makes tanks more relevant to PvE.

If it's not possible to implement a combination attack system or have tanks be auto-imbued with a PvE-only party buff aura, then arena will always be a place which discourages class balance, and if tanks continue to have issues with this it may even be beneficial to scrap arena and reinstate the nordr gauntlet. People may dislike this suggestion because a lot of people (read: rogues) earn lots of gold from farming arena and selling vials/fossils, but this is just a discussion point made in the interest of making the game more conducive to mixed class parties involving at least one tank.

You hit the nail on the head saf! Right now tanks aren't even getting PUG parties for elite/arena let alone going solo. A dungeon where tanks are actually relevant like the plat nordr dungeon u mentioned is a great idea. Tbh I loved how irritating nordr mobs were not to mention the OP bosses. Added a little spice to tank life.

Intous
12-18-2015, 11:10 AM
Seriously... Warrs are really suffering from this .
STS should figure out something.
Right now, there is no class balance.(PVE)

Hustle
12-18-2015, 10:25 PM
While it took some time and countless threads, the aegis issue is being looked at now by STS and a change will possibly be done after the new year. Hopefully at that time STS can also look at the problem of tank irrelevance in PvE. There are countless good suggestions in this thread anyone of which will be a step towards making PvE more inclusive to warriors.

geeman75
12-19-2015, 02:20 PM
I have another example of classism.

"Brood is awake need party rogues only no wars."

Not my words but what I saw in guild chat.

Unfortunately there were several just like that in guild chat. :-(

Kharjojo
12-19-2015, 02:55 PM
A friend, warrior, has showed me time ago a SS of the gchat of his old guild.. it sounds like this:
"1 slots, teeth farming" - a mage
"I'm in, pt me pls" - my friend
1 minute after the mage said "1 slot, teeth farming, if tank +800 dmg".. and he was like whaaaat...........?
Well it sux ofc, but keep in mind that this kind of behaviors shows inexperience or selfishness and that, luckily, it's full of players and guilds blaming all this.

That being said, tanks deserve absolutely to regain their role in PvE.

geeman75
12-20-2015, 08:10 AM
A friend, warrior, has showed me time ago a SS of the gchat of his old guild.. it sounds like this:
"1 slots, teeth farming" - a mage
"I'm in, pt me pls" - my friend
1 minute after the mage said "1 slot, teeth farming, if tank +800 dmg".. and he was like whaaaat...........?
Well it sux ofc, but keep in mind that this kind of behaviors shows inexperience or selfishness and that, luckily, it's full of players and guilds blaming all this.

That being said, tanks deserve absolutely to regain their role in PvE.
I hear ya, and thank you...

Oh btw I have 923 damage on my tank.

Hustle
12-20-2015, 09:45 PM
I hear ya, and thank you...

Oh btw I have 923 damage on my tank.

It shouldn't be about damage at all Imo. The content should be such that you would need a tank to get you through. It should be challenging not just run and shoot with a 13 para/eye rogue.
Elite leaderboard times of under 1 min show just how challenging the content is for 3 OP geared rogues. That makes it all mostly about gear and very little about team play. Looking for content where the Mage actually has to do crowd control, the tank actually has to tank/heal (be there in the first place) while the rogues have to pick their targets and avoid damage/aggro.

geeman75
12-21-2015, 03:12 PM
I agree...
Only reason I mentioned damage was it doesn't matter how much damage we have there will always be someone who thinks wars are an inferior class... tbh sts has made us that way...

Maarkus
12-21-2015, 05:20 PM
I blame the warriors of AL. We have not been vocal enough on forums and that seems to play a huge part in what gets buffed or nerfed in game. As seen and mentioned on the aegis thread it even plays a part in which threads get moved where. If AL can see the overall outrage of all warriors on how they have handled these issues they may be less inclined to make huge changes to the warrior class based on what mages and rogues want and not what is best for the warrior class.

Hi Hustle,

My sincerest thanks for keeping up the fight to better the warrior class.

As for me i unfortunately gave up and lost faith in STS, thus i have not been posting as much as i used to. This is not due to not having opinions or wanting to better the class but due to STS negligence on acting on the appropriate comments on the forum. In short, ive said what i needed to say and waited 2yrs for appropriate responce for ingame changes and basically none happened - well something happned but for some reason it just never worked and STS keeps insisting they listen to our feedback but when they execute ingame changes it does not reflect the critical feedback that was posted.

In short, i firmly believe that STS, no matter what suggestion/feedback we post in the forums will only act on things that they want to, irregardless of what the community wants and how criticall the suggestion/feedback is, I may be wrong but for the warrior class this has been evident l.

So again, i sincerly thank you and all the others for keeping up the fight that i could not continue.

And to STS .... I said it once, you are inadvertenly causing Classism! It takes courage to accept it and until you accept it you will never be able to fix it.

And to Justg, yes, we had our differences and yes you even mentioned to me that you will look into and yes i send a follow up private email within the last 2 months to an email you sent me 8months ago... Guess what, the problem is still there.

In the end, i just accepted that i love this game, so i play it while accepting all its faults and i will keep playing it even if its faults are not recrified cos thats what commitment is and this is how many veterans think and act if STS ignores that then thats how it is.

Thanks for reading.

Maarkus

konafez
12-21-2015, 05:56 PM
I went in the arena the other night..first thing I see is someone say

"Two wars..one of you leave"

When one of us dident leave fast enough , everyone bailed...now tell me..have you ever seen anyone complain that there was to many rogues or mages in one map? Nuff said ...

Tulungagung
12-21-2015, 05:59 PM
make the system "if the party did not have to exist if the warriors could not walk" or "if there is a party in each of the three classes they automatically get buff and more luck"

Intous
12-21-2015, 06:22 PM
Not only warrs are suffering.
I've seen rogues leave when they see a mage

Hustle
12-22-2015, 12:10 AM
Hi Hustle,

My sincerest thanks for keeping up the fight to better the warrior class.

As for me i unfortunately gave up and lost faith in STS, thus i have not been posting as much as i used to. This is not due to not having opinions or wanting to better the class but due to STS negligence on acting on the appropriate comments on the forum. In short, ive said what i needed to say and waited 2yrs for appropriate responce for ingame changes and basically none happened - well something happned but for some reason it just never worked and STS keeps insisting they listen to our feedback but when they execute ingame changes it does not reflect the critical feedback that was posted.

In short, i firmly believe that STS, no matter what suggestion/feedback we post in the forums will only act on things that they want to, irregardless of what the community wants and how criticall the suggestion/feedback is, I may be wrong but for the warrior class this has been evident l.

So again, i sincerly thank you and all the others for keeping up the fight that i could not continue.

And to STS .... I said it once, you are inadvertenly causing Classism! It takes courage to accept it and until you accept it you will never be able to fix it.

And to Justg, yes, we had our differences and yes you even mentioned to me that you will look into and yes i send a follow up private email within the last 2 months to an email you sent me 8months ago... Guess what, the problem is still there.

In the end, i just accepted that i love this game, so i play it while accepting all its faults and i will keep playing it even if its faults are not recrified cos thats what commitment is and this is how many veterans think and act if STS ignores that then thats how it is.

Thanks for reading.

Maarkus

Brother your Classism thread was pure gold.
I believe your absolutely right and the fact that noone from STS cared to comment on that thread in the months it was on the first page of general discussion proves the point. STS is aware of the issue they just choose to ignore it. I'm just hoping that by making and maintaining threads like this one warriors can atleast keep shoving the problem at them in the hope that change will come, one day.
It will take a collective effort to make STS hear the voices of the frustrated Warriors of AL. Your an inspiration to us all. Just hoping to follow your example and hope more warriors do the same. Hope dies last :)

Killian229
12-22-2015, 08:41 AM
Very simple:Warriors need to be able to keep threat.there is no need for all classes to have heals(there is only 3 classes!if there was more..then yeah,spread the love).Mage should have rev skill(even with ridiculous CD...).Rogues need...oh yeah,they got all they need right now,and more.All these new weapons adding certain things for Warriors are really neat and all but Warriors really can't run with any high end Rogues and mages(a few will obv.).People look at hard stats.Now ask yourself why.The ability to spam potions negatively affect Warriors(No need for a tank in most instances if you got gold/plat eh?)WARRIORS ARE WEAK.PERIOD.I LIKE THIS GAME OK BUT SINCE WHEN DOES A WARRIOR GET SHAFTED SO HARD IN A RPG(For Arcane Legends RPG stands for "Rogue playing game")?Only class to keep its specific individual specialities is the dps'er.WARRIOR NEEDS HIGH DAMAGE,enough with just basic dps stat...(Underline that 3times)!how can it be fair if only Damage value is dps/critical chance(warrior lacks both,but in normal games that's fine.)?Maybe you need to sit down a hour a day(few of your people)and play as a warrior(start at lvl 20..idc).Don't run it through your master client(w/e u wanna call it.)play on your phone,earn your Warriors equip and please tell me that's how you want yours to play.Run a full warrior party and then go do some runs(Rogues and mages can do it,why can't it be called out for a Warriors aspect?)Very very few people will want Warriors in their party(opps didn't mean plural,just 1).I have so much to say here and believe it or not,I do know what I'm talking about.

Dps is not really dps in most cases.Mage will be hitting many targets raising their " dps dramtically,along with their dot.Rogues spamming AS(look at the CD and then the great synergies it has..)will raise their dps dramtically, Warriors hit a few people at a time with very moderate to low overall damage output.(doesn't matter though!damage is just cute!).Their skills are so lackluster comparing to the two others.

Funniest thing:they try to raise the Warriors spirits by giving them the apps icon spotlight.Please remove that sts and put a rogue there...honestly...

10% increase(estimate) in overall warrior damage and a unbreakable party buff

Add " charged" to Rogues AS(the debuff synergy).
must use correct weapon class for their skills. dagger skills using a bow and vice versa and ect.

Mage NEEDS revive and some sort of CC(crowd control).

Will this totally fix the game?no, but its a good start.

Let's ALL talk about how best to do this(details).GL to all Warriors!I'll run with you.

Add: Archonmage if you need mage :)

geeman75
12-22-2015, 10:40 PM
Not only warrs are suffering.
I've seen rogues leave when they see a mage
No offense intended, this is a thread addressing the issues tanks have in the game.

In addition this has already been mentioned in this thread repeatedly.

I won't get into a debate with you, everyone knows that tanks have been neglected more than any other class.

Ty for reading my thread...

Arkiouj
12-23-2015, 12:09 AM
Any buff given to warriors to help the PvE situation will be shot down due to the PvP situation.

In 2016 to address the balance issue, STS really need to decide if this is primarily a PvE game like it was set out to be or if we are changing more towards PvP and if we are heading for this PvP orientated future then sadly it's adios warriors.

A parity between PvP and PvE is impossible without a complex 'spec' system, which AL doesn't have.
For example Warriors having 1 spec with tanking skills and another spec with dps skills at the cost of some armor/hp.

mutantninjaz
12-23-2015, 12:26 PM
war just support

geeman75
12-23-2015, 10:32 PM
war just support
Warrior is supposed to be first line of attack, how you figure we are supposed to be just suport.

They call us tanks because we are supposed to be able to take a hit and hold agro..

Rpg mmo 101...

Killian229
12-24-2015, 03:23 AM
Note:since we give this character the adjective "tank", I would assume a tank can take hits but also hit hard.with 3 classes only the support is split up between the three.ALL are support with tanks being the lackluster clump of coal.the low variability in stats on items cause bigger gaps in character statistics thus the warrior given the way math is done for AL,leaves them suffering. Warrior needs one GOOD skill,like AS or mages Clock.Warriors need something special to them(a skill or w/e,not more weapons).make it debuff armor so we can do Comparative damage to our peers.

geeman75
12-24-2015, 10:01 AM
Note:since we give this character the adjective "tank", I would assume a tank can take hits but also hit hard.with 3 classes only the support is split up between the three.ALL are support with tanks being the lackluster clump of coal.the low variability in stats on items cause bigger gaps in character statistics thus the warrior given the way math is done for AL,leaves them suffering. Warrior needs one GOOD skill,like AS or mages Clock.Warriors need something special to them(a skill or w/e,not more weapons).make it debuff armor so we can do Comparative damage to our peers.
Exactly who ever heard of a tank that couldn't take a hit and hit back.

I won't mention other mmo rpg games, but this is the only one where a tank can't do either in pve maps.

This is only game where tank's aren't needed for endgame elite maps...

geeman75
12-24-2015, 09:19 PM
Well more of an example of classism.

Ran 4 random pug's in a row in event and all 4 had tanks only

Each time I ran with 3 different tanks...

I asked every time, why they wernt running with their guild mates, all said everyone wanted rogues....

Sad thing is most were from LB endgame guilds...

Hustle
12-26-2015, 12:40 PM
Well more of an example of classism.

Ran 4 random pug's in a row in event and all 4 had tanks only

Each time I ran with 3 different tanks...

I asked every time, why they wernt running with their guild mates, all said everyone wanted rogues....

Sad thing is most were from LB endgame guilds...

Saddest thing is that this is being going on for ages (2 years and counting) and nothing has been done to change anything.

geeman75
12-27-2015, 11:57 AM
Saddest thing is that this is being going on for ages (2 years and counting) and nothing has been done to change anything.
Well hopefully sts will take notice in upcoming year and do something...

wowdah
12-27-2015, 06:06 PM
IMO they should make insanely hard maps so tanks will be needed in elite, and make them have good loot. That's one way to fix some of the pve problem. All maps now can be done with all rogues.

geeman75
12-28-2015, 08:58 AM
IMO they should make insanely hard maps so tanks will be needed in elite, and make them have good loot. That's one way to fix some of the pve problem. All maps now can be done with all rogues.
Only problem is the way we are geared...

I have full glintstone, and if I slip I can get one shot in elite ren by giants. ..

I do think maps geared to where a tank is needed is a good idea tho...

wowdah
12-28-2015, 08:30 PM
Yes, I feel like the one shot things need to be nerfed. If they can kill tanks with that much hp in one hit it's kind of unfair. I think they should have maps where every single mob is decently hard (like a little harder than planar tombs). Then, tanks would be needed.

geeman75
12-29-2015, 04:44 PM
Yes, I feel like the one shot things need to be nerfed. If they can kill tanks with that much hp in one hit it's kind of unfair. I think they should have maps where every single mob is decently hard (like a little harder than planar tombs). Then, tanks would be needed.
Yes also they move so slow they don't catch rogues or mages as much as they do tanks.

A rouge or mage can just stand back and attack.
A tank has no choice but to be in there face, and when you ad in the insane stuns in ren we are stuck at times.

Tanks seem to get stunned more than any other class too...

geeman75
12-31-2015, 05:05 PM
There has been a lot of talk about gear (Glintstone) on some other threads.

This talk about gear has some legit complaints.

One example why should my stats drop when I upgrade gear?

It sometimes seems as if we are being down-geared and nerfed right out of existence.

Just saying...

tomsawer
12-31-2015, 06:56 PM
Only problem is the way we are geared...

I have full glintstone, and if I slip I can get one shot in elite ren by giants. ..

I do think maps geared to where a tank is needed is a good idea tho...

I agree ,here's an idea on an event . make an event ( don't have idea when or what for) that only allows one of each class to particapate . each has there roll to complete that boss.
I'm sure this idea has been suggested ,I'm not that smart ;)
Just an idea to get warriors "needed" back in a group.
Feel free to expand on this idea if it has some hope.

Alhuntrazeck
12-31-2015, 08:09 PM

Also maybe make more mobs that can't be dodged.

There should've been a dodge cap somewhere along the way :/ 50% dodge means (theoretically) only every other hit actually hits you. That basically makes rogues tanks especially with their nice HP and armor.

Alhuntrazeck
01-01-2016, 07:25 PM
I don't think you can dodge skill attacks, only works for auto attacks in PvP...

That being said there are there any skill attacks in PvE that can't be dodged? As a mage whenever I have the shield immunity I get a dodge no matter what, haven't really played a lot on rogues...

If PvE works like PvP mobs attack skills being undodgeable then you have your answer, if nott...

Leaving this thread b4 OP n lackeys call me a troll derailer. Lels

I was talking about PvE, lol. You can dodge in PvE, though I'm not sure if you can do so for all attacks - some boss attacks can't be dodged I believe.

geeman75
01-02-2016, 04:40 PM
I appreciate everyone trying to stay on topic...

geeman75
01-03-2016, 05:54 PM
You probably can't dodge winded attacks and skills of mobs. Since that's how it works in PvP.

I've dodged red zones due to shield but I've always thought that could be caused by sidestepping. Playing on a mage means one never really relies on a dodge, there was an update last year after which I started noticing(noticing being the key word) I got a "DODGE" every time I activated a charged shield and got hit by a red zone attack, no idea whether Notts have always been "dodging" due to shield immunity.

Honestly I doubt making even stronger mobs solves any problem except again cause the need for better gear which will again cause segregation in the community due to half of the players nott being able to farm the hard hitting zones(arena=rogues, planar tombs = select part of the community being able to make money due to gear and ping issues), heavily relying on one class which never went well in the past, since if the heavily relied on class either dc's or lags it would mean a death fest for other classes, keeping warriors pudgy means they actually have to time Nekro AA for their own survival unlike what will be happening when mobs are meant uber strong and a tank class which dies a lot less and uses a lot less potions than the dps classes. Why would anyone make a rogue and mage if making a warrior makes life and farming easier for you? I can think of a dozen more reasons why just buffing mobs and blindly buffing a tank class to increase their personal damage output causes more grievances than solves the issue of this one sided "Class-ism" that these warriors pan it out to be.

I digress from the topic in hand @.@(that and I don't want to see any moar outdated troll memes).

It is just speculation on my part when I say some skills of the mobs can be dodged, most likely its only the auto attacks of mobs which can be dodged and nott special attacks or charged attacks. I do believe there are some red zone attacks which are classed under normal attacks but then again it would be better if a developer cleared things up [emoji14]
I thank avikk for your input, and I do believe you're trying to be constructive in your opinion.

However it isn't a mater of being one sided, or a matter of us trying to pan anything out.

Our gripes are legit...

If warriors are fine as they are why are somany tanks giving up and making rogues and sorcerer???

Mage got a heal buff and never use it, and tbh I don't mind they don't.

Every class has a healing skill, but only tanks are expected to use it...

The new jug upgrade/nerf sucks...

I do believe you want to see balance in the game so I do appreciate your input.

Ophelia
01-04-2016, 10:15 PM
How bout..

Having a tank in pt
Exponentially boosts th damage output of th other dps (mages and rogues) in map?

E.g. In a pt with 1 tank and 3 rogs,
All 3 rogs will get a damage boost of 25% each that stacks with elixirs.

Will this not promote th desirability of teaming up with warriors in pve??

Hustle
01-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Now that Sts is back from holidays maybe we can get an answer to the future of the tank class in 2016

bonjovi3223
01-06-2016, 04:53 AM
The first move many of us are awaiting is the fix of the aegis.

Intous
01-06-2016, 09:39 AM
This is the best solution atm, hope STS will consider this....I wish lol.
It'd be awesome to have a class combo.

geeman75
01-07-2016, 08:27 AM
Now that Sts is back from holidays maybe we can get an answer to the future of the tank class in 2016
I'm staying hopeful brother...

geeman75
01-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Why has this thread been moved?

Blickquickly
01-08-2016, 08:38 AM
Warriors should NOT be healers. Tanks, yeah. DPS class, yeah. Priest? NOPE.