PDA

View Full Version : 5 respec scrolls

Tippertwo
12-10-2015, 05:14 PM
So I've been told like a few minutes ago that I have low damage for rogue.Then the same person said to buy the respect scrolls and said I could reset my skills and my damage. I wanna know if she's right and if it does make my damage, health, etc reset, before I buy it and waste my gold.

Tehh
12-10-2015, 05:19 PM
So I've been told like a few minutes ago that I have low damage for rogue.Then the same person said to buy the respect scrolls and said I could reset my skills and my damage. I wanna know if she's right and if it does make my damage, health, etc reset, before I buy it and waste my gold.

well it depends where your attribute and skill point currently are.
you should have all your attribute points in Dex and also use skill points to have 5/5 dex, if you already have that then there is no way to raise your damage further except for better gear and pets

Tippertwo
12-10-2015, 05:24 PM
well it depends where your attribute and skill point currently are.
you should have all your attribute points in Dex and also use skill points to have 5/5 dex, if you already have that then there is no way to raise your damage further except for better gear and pets
Oh. My skill points are about maxed. I mean I'm level 46 rogue and my dmg without my best pet is 418 and with my best pet 487. The problem is I started out upgrading my health first until I got to like level 30 when someone said I sucked. People still say that. Do you mean I should use all my attribute points in dex instead of health and mana? And does the respec scrolls reset your attributes?

Jazzi
12-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Intelligence gives damage as well, albeit less than dex. U should definitely have 5/5 in dex, into, str and crit passives. Only other viable passive is armour.

Jazzi
12-10-2015, 05:26 PM
Oh. My skill points are about maxed. I mean I'm level 46 rogue and my dmg without my best pet is 418 and with my best pet 487. The problem is I started out upgrading my health first until I got to like level 30 when someone said I sucked. People still say that. Do you mean I should use all my attribute points in dex instead of health and mana? And does the respec scrolls reset your attributes?

Yes all of the +6 attribute points u get oer level in dexterity. And yes the respec scroll resets the attributes as well as passives/active skill points

Tippertwo
12-10-2015, 05:54 PM
Yes all of the +6 attribute points u get oer level in dexterity. And yes the respec scroll resets the attributes as well as passives/active skill points
Really, thanks! That's what I needed to know. Does it reset all skill points and attributes? If so, how much Dex/health etc does it reset? I was planning on buying it with plat instead of gold, by the way.

Tehh
12-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Really, thanks! That's what I needed to know. Does it reset all skill points and attributes? If so, how much Dex/health etc does it reset? I was planning on buying it with plat instead of gold, by the way.

resets both stats and atrributes and resets all of them so you can re enter them in the slots you want

Otahaanak
12-10-2015, 06:15 PM
Go all Dexterity (you shouldn't need to put any points into Strength or Intelligence) and then go 5/5 for Dex, Int and Str on passives. I use 5 pints in Crit as well.

Your skill pints should at least have 5/5 aimed shot, the rest you can figure out using the guides in the Rogue class discussion.

One thing though, unlike many games, once you commit points to something here, they are committed. You can't reset and start over, unless you buy another respec scroll.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tippertwo
12-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Go all Dexterity (you shouldn't need to put any points into Strength or Intelligence) and then go 5/5 for Dex, Int and Str on passives. I use 5 pints in Crit as well.

Your skill pints should at least have 5/5 aimed shot, the rest you can figure out using the guides in the Rogue class discussion.

One thing though, unlike many games, once you commit points to something here, they are committed. You can't reset and start over, unless you buy another respec scroll.

Good luck

resets both stats and atrributes and resets all of them so you can re enter them in the slots you want
Thanks guys! That's really helpful! :)

Kakashis
12-10-2015, 07:17 PM
yup, go maxed out always on dex :)

Teh Zhi Hong
12-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Haha I remembered when I started playing AL a couple years back I was such a noob since I equally distributed my attribute points between str , dex and int every time I leveled up. :p Thought that was the ideal setup since you get the best of both worlds but boy was I wrong haha

Tippertwo
12-10-2015, 07:43 PM
Haha I remembered when I started playing AL a couple years back I was such a noob since I equally distributed my attribute points between str , dex and int every time I leveled up. :p Thought that was the ideal setup since you get the best of both worlds but boy was I wrong haha
XD I did 2 for mana, 2 for health, and 2 for dex for a few levels. Then I did health only, which is why my damage is so low now xD

Schnitzel
12-10-2015, 09:57 PM
yup, go maxed out always on dex :)

well, I'd say put a bit of attribute points to STR for hp, and INT for mana. Else you'd have to click the potions icons a lot more than usual
If your gear isnt the best, put some attribute points to all 3, but make sure your class' main stat is the one you put the most points to.

I had cheap legendaries some time ago, put all my points to INT (I'm a mage), i ended up with 2994 hp. (Not exactly the best for running maps...)

Tippertwo
12-10-2015, 10:05 PM
well, I'd say put a bit of attribute points to STR for hp, and INT for mana. Else you'd have to click the potions icons a lot more than usual
If your gear isnt the best, put some attribute points to all 3, but make sure your class' main stat is the one you put the most points to.

I had cheap legendaries some time ago, put all my points to INT (I'm a mage), i ended up with 2994 hp. (Not exactly the best for running maps...)
Wow ... Thanks Ruizhe! I'm a rogue, so I think dex would be better. Or am I wrong?

Schnitzel
12-10-2015, 10:07 PM
Wow ... Thanks Ruizhe! I'm a rogue, so I think dex would be better. Or am I wrong?

You are right.

Warrior = Str
Rogue = Dex
Sorcerer = Int

Darrksight
12-11-2015, 03:52 AM
since u dont pvp alot i would recommend respec & distribute points as
STR : 1
DEX : 4
INT : 1
this imo would give a balanced rogue .... u would be lacking damage but u wouldnt need to spam health/mana pots either
always get 5/5 dex,5/5 str,5/5 crit passives
hope this helps :)

Tippertwo
12-11-2015, 09:57 AM
since u dont pvp alot i would recommend respec & distribute points as
STR : 1
DEX : 4
INT : 1
this imo would give a balanced rogue .... u would be lacking damage but u wouldnt need to spam health/mana pots either
always get 5/5 dex,5/5 str,5/5 crit passives
hope this helps :)
Thanks guys! :)

yeldarbroz
12-11-2015, 12:30 PM
Heh heh Tipp, now that you're gonna respec, can we have that duel that you owe me? ^-^

Tippertwo
12-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Heh heh Tipp, now that you're gonna respec, can we have that duel that you owe me? ^-^
-.- Mebbe. :3 I'm not a pvp person. Every time I try, I end up getting beaten. (Except when I beat Darrksight's butt that one time xD).

Att
12-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Go for all deeeeeeeeeeeeex in attributes

And go for 5 points each in str/dex/int passives in skills..........good luck:fox:

hallowring
12-11-2015, 03:12 PM
hey guys does passive 5/damage value increase damage on warr? im srry but i dont know really i think it does but idk

Att
12-11-2015, 03:43 PM

Oh ya 5 points in passive damage too.
Did you did it? Or you did not did it yet?

Kharjojo
12-11-2015, 03:58 PM
hey guys does passive 5/damage value increase damage on warr? im srry but i dont know really i think it does but idk

The 5 points in passive dmg are a waste of points, cause of the stack system.
For example, the buff given to your damage by a damage pet is higher than the passives 5 points in dmg and it doesn't stack, 'cause the highest buff always win.
That's the reason why is useless to spend these points, imho.

ilhanna
12-12-2015, 03:45 AM

A lot of the pets we use at cap level, from legendary up, already have more than 5% dmg buff as happy bonus (check your stable and look at the happy bonus of the pets you use most often. A lot would have between 7-15% dmg buff). The pet dmg bonus will override the 5% from maxed passive damage, meaning you only get the pet bonus, instead of pet+passive bonuses. So better put the 5 points on other upgrades.

ilhanna
12-12-2015, 04:06 AM

You remind me of myself my first months in AL and having almost all of the officers in my guild telling me to respec because I leveled up putting all attribute points to STR in the hopes of dying less (it didn't work). Back then it was harder to respec because you either have to use plat (bought or gotten through offers) or wait for free respec weekend. It's a lot easier now. This year alone there had been a number of events where the free chests (those you don't need plat to open) yield respec scrolls. You can also buy respec scrolls with Hauntlet coins.

When you respec you basically get a clean slate. You can start over and do whatever you wish to do with your build.

But yes, put all attribute points on dex (hp you can get from gear (brutality versions of legendary gear, arcane ring, planar pendant). Max out Agility, Knowledge, Might and Critical passives. If you mainly pve, max out Aimed Shot and Noxious Bolt. Have between 1-3 points in Piercer. The rest is up to you. My current build has aimed, nox, piercer, trap, veil, and razor shield. I use aimed, nox, piercer for all maps, then razor in Ren'gol and Arena and a lot of elites, Trap in KM3 or Planar Tombs. I don't use Veil much anymore but it's nice to have it ready for example when helping average geared guild mates with some achievements.

Kharjojo
12-12-2015, 04:16 AM
You mean % bonuses for damage don't stack :P

Lol ilhanna has explained it a lot better than me :)

Tippertwo
12-12-2015, 08:52 AM
You remind me of myself my first months in AL and having almost all of the officers in my guild telling me to respec because I leveled up putting all attribute points to STR in the hopes of dying less (it didn't work). Back then it was harder to respec because you either have to use plat (bought or gotten through offers) or wait for free respec weekend. It's a lot easier now. This year alone there had been a number of events where the free chests (those you don't need plat to open) yield respec scrolls. You can also buy respec scrolls with Hauntlet coins.

When you respec you basically get a clean slate. You can start over and do whatever you wish to do with your build.

But yes, put all attribute points on dex (hp you can get from gear (brutality versions of legendary gear, arcane ring, planar pendant). Max out Agility, Knowledge, Might and Critical passives. If you mainly pve, max out Aimed Shot and Noxious Bolt. Have between 1-3 points in Piercer. The rest is up to you. My current build has aimed, nox, piercer, trap, veil, and razor shield. I use aimed, nox, piercer for all maps, then razor in Ren'gol and Arena and a lot of elites, Trap in KM3 or Planar Tombs. I don't use Veil much anymore but it's nice to have it ready for example when helping average geared guild mates with some achievements.
That is a lot of help, thanks! :)

Tippertwo
12-12-2015, 11:16 AM
Thanks guys! :) I reset all my stats, using 4 on dex, 1 on str and int. You guys were a great help! :) Now my damage is 486.50 without my best pet and 551.48 with her. Thanks so much! :D

Zaocajede
12-12-2015, 12:05 PM
Sorry to say this but your damage is still too low.

You need to spec all dex and gain hp and mana from gear.

Try and get your damage at least over 700 with pet wearing legendary gear.

Good luck

Tippertwo
12-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Sorry to say this but your damage is still too low.

You need to spec all dex and gain hp and mana from gear.

Try and get your damage at least over 700 with pet wearing legendary gear.

Good luck

:/ Wait what?
But my health will be too low if I use all points on dex.

Zaocajede
12-12-2015, 12:24 PM

You can get the health by choosing brutality gear and/or using nature jewels. Also get a blood ruby ring until you get arcane.

If your damage isn't high enough you won't kill fast enough for planar arena/tombs and hard elites.

You should have close to 4K hp and 700 damage if you do this.

Good luck

Tippertwo
12-12-2015, 12:52 PM
You can get the health by choosing brutality gear and/or using nature jewels. Also get a blood ruby ring until you get arcane.

If your damage isn't high enough you won't kill fast enough for planar arena/tombs and hard elites.

You should have close to 4K hp and 700 damage if you do this.

Good luck

Ok, thanks! Good thing I decided to buy it with plat instead of 5 kits with gold xD. I already spent 5 plat on one upgrade. If I used it with gold, I'd be crying right about now xD.
I do have the blood ruby ring, but it doesn't have any jewels, and 5 plat is so much easier to get than gold.

Vixenne
12-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Add gems and jewels on your gear. Save up for Mythics. For a level 46, sadly you have very low damage. You can do it :) just a little patience and you can achieve it.

Pure Dex is the best coz you get to maximize the damage you have. Dex adds up a bit of Health anyway :)

ilhanna
12-12-2015, 01:12 PM
What gear are you using and what upgrades you have in them?

Tippertwo
12-12-2015, 01:42 PM
What gear are you using and what upgrades you have in them?

Sadly, I haven't thought much about upgrading my gear :V I have for the amulet the prosper amulet of brutality with two standardized health jewels, the blood ruby of Shuyal but I haven't thought of upgrading it yet :V I have the giant bone bow of potency, no jewels, the padded cap of lethality, no jewels, and the scavenger's tunic of potency, no jewels :V and, of course, vanity overlapping all that. Eesh ... now that I think about it, you're right xD. But if I upgrade my damage 6/6 of all the points, won't my mana and health be really low? I'll be forced to buy more health and mana pots than usual (and I already buy a lot). Are you saying I should do dex 5/5 and decide for the last point whether to put it in int or str?

Edward Coug
12-12-2015, 01:59 PM
Sadly, I haven't thought much about upgrading my gear :V I have for the amulet the prosper amulet of brutality with two standardized health jewels, the blood ruby of Shuyal but I haven't thought of upgrading it yet :V I have the giant bone bow of potency, no jewels, the padded cap of lethality, no jewels, and the scavenger's tunic of potency, no jewels :V and, of course, vanity overlapping all that. Eesh ... now that I think about it, you're right xD. But if I upgrade my damage 6/6 of all the points, won't my mana and health be really low? I'll be forced to buy more health and mana pots than usual (and I already buy a lot). Are you saying I should do dex 5/5 and decide for the last point whether to put it in int or str?

The worst way to make/save gold is trying to minimize pot usage. It ends up costing you a fortune.

Whatever savings you have get lost in slow runs and driving good players away.

Vixenne
12-12-2015, 02:01 PM
5/5 passive points on dex, str and int. You'll need to upgrade your gear and like I said, jewels :)

ilhanna
12-12-2015, 02:29 PM

Think of it this way: the better you perform as a rogue, ie the faster you kill, the faster you can farm. The higher your damage the faster you can farm in Arena/Planar Tomb/elites. Faster runs are cheaper in the long run. You're going to inhale pots anyway, no matter how huge your mana pool and you can't rely on warrior or mage to heal you. But if you can farm faster in areas where they need high dmg rogues, your chances of recouping pot expenses and making profit are much higher. And don't forget events. You want to run fast, kill fast in events.

I haven't done much gear comparison, but try switching to wicked potency or wicked brutality for armor and helm; they're on par with the supreme and forager set which gives slightly more damage than the padded and scavenger set. Check them out in cs. Socket at least weak finesse jewels into your gear. Every additional dex adds a little hp as well and adds to your crit, which is crucial. You can also use a combo with finesse, chaos and nature (try get at least fortified nature); there should be more finesse than chaos, and more chaos than nature. Vixenne made a valid suggestion about saving to get mythic items. At the very least they have 3 sockets you can put jewel/gem in. So upgrading your blood ruby and getting at least a mythic belt can be your priority.

But gear only gets you so far. You need to have a solid build to start with. Even the best gears won't help if you're poorly built.

I can see now why even after respec your damage is still low. Say at cap level we have a total of 240 attribute points (I forgot how many to be exact). You respec'd by putting 4/6*240=160 to dex, and 40 each to str and int. If you still want to have points for int and str, give no more than 10% of points. So you can do at max 20 each for int and str and leave 200 for dex. But personally I still think going pure dex (all attribute points piled on dex) is the best way to go.

Dex Scene
12-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Put all stats in attributes.
Buy brutality and potency gears for hp mana respectively.
Get crit agility might knowledge passives 5/5. If you have points left after investing points in skills, add durable passive.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Tippertwo
12-12-2015, 07:14 PM
So basically upgrade my DMG 5 points, right? Or 6, or just 5 and use the 6th on either int or str?

Tippertwo
12-12-2015, 08:31 PM
Ok, so I bought another respec scroll, but if I put all 270 points into dex, then that leaves 6 for str and 4 for int. That doesn't look right :/

Att
12-13-2015, 12:38 AM
Put all in deeeeeeeeex omg so nuuub

Dex Scene
12-13-2015, 03:50 AM
So basically upgrade my DMG 5 points, right? Or 6, or just 5 and use the 6th on either int or str?

It's okay to not know everything. We all started noob.
Don't add any points to damage passive. because pet's damage % replaces the damage passive. only a higher % of damage works.
suppose your damage passive gives you 5% damage and your pet gives you 10% damage boost (see the pet descriptions to know what pet gives what happiness bonus), only the pet's damage bonus will work and not the damage passive because 10% is greater than 5%. Damage % don't stack.
Now suppose you use 30% damage elixir, then your pet's 10% bonus won't work untill the elixir expires.

there are alot of rogue guides which you should follow.
I'll say in brief,
1- Use respec scroll to reset all your stats.
2- put all stat points in DEXTERITY. all of the stat points in dexterity. 1 strength point or int point won't save you anyway. Always put stat points in dexterity strictly as you are a rogue.
3- now time for skill points. Go to passive sections. Put 5/5 points in MIGHT, AGILITY, KNOWLEDGE, CRIT, DURABLE passives.
4- If you are level 46, you will have 20 points left for skills. put 5/5 in aim shot. 3/5 Shadow pierce (add heal and attacking 3 targets upgrade. people even prefer no upgrade in pierce for pve but I find these upgrades useful in situations. Like when you are playing an easier map that 3 target attacking helps faster run if you get used to it), 5/5 Nox, rest in traps or storm shot shadow. Trap build in pve will make you a rogue that helps pt to pull mobs and gather them for faster kill. Stormshot shadow is used by endgamers to be offensive rogue with 4 attack skills. Medics are not used in pve. untill you get some great items I wont advise you to go pvp anyways. Good luck.

Jeremiah-prince Emokpae
12-13-2015, 04:03 AM
Yep all points dex can't stress that enough

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

ilhanna
12-13-2015, 04:43 AM
Ok, so I bought another respec scroll, but if I put all 270 points into dex, then that leaves 6 for str and 4 for int. That doesn't look right :/

I asked the same thing the first time I respec'd. "What? All of them?" But the person who helped me respec said yes, all. I was skeptical. But later, when I tried the new build in Shuyal and I could one hit kill blue mages (it was at cap 36 before we had gems), I became a convert.

And of course it doesn't look right. That many points can only add about 50 hp and mana, while reducing your dmg, so why bother.

Tip, you're a guild master. As such your guild mates will expect you to help them and your officers look up to you as model of helpfulness. Especially in a guild where the members are still leveling you will be expected to help (undergeared) members clear maps and score achievements. They will need help with Undim Fields and you need to be able to kill Krom before running out of statues; Inan Hesh, which you have to kill fast before he enrages and kills your party; egg cracking in Tindirin, etc. All of those and many more (Arena, Planar Tombs, Elite Rengol) need strong, high dmg rogues.

Just a comparison. This is my warrior.

You're a rogue. You have to have way more dmg than a warrior. You can't have a warrior hp by putting points in str, nor mage mana by putting some in int. You can however make yourself a better killing machine by going pure dex.

Dex Scene
12-13-2015, 05:47 AM
Tell me how much golds u can spend? I will tell you best gears in that budget keeping in mind that you won't have too low hp.

Vixenne
12-13-2015, 05:50 AM
Like everyone else is saying, go all Dex. The gear will make up for your health and mana.

Jazzi
12-13-2015, 06:05 AM
Dex Scene's advice is correct and u should definitely follow it. Only thing I have to add to it is that sss is hard to get used to and does need a lot of mana. For rogues with medium skill and gear going for traps or razor (no bleed upgrade as it is a aggro magnet and does very little damage) might be better. If you farm elite rengol in parties without nekro razor is a must!

What is the best per u currently have?
I am willing to give u advice on gear based on your budget as well, although I am sure Dex Scene will do just as good if not better job ;)

P.S. decent gear is very affordable those days. The only thing that really costs u are the gems/jewels. At this point though and unless u are getting the best of the best, using lower tier jewels is your best option, as they offer great flexibility in terms off upgrade-ability.

Tippertwo
12-13-2015, 07:20 AM
Tell me how much golds u can spend? I will tell you best gears in that budget keeping in mind that you won't have too low hp.

Dex Scene's advice is correct and u should definitely follow it. Only thing I have to add to it is that sss is hard to get used to and does need a lot of mana. For rogues with medium skill and gear going for traps or razor (no bleed upgrade as it is a aggro magnet and does very little damage) might be better. If you farm elite rengol in parties without nekro razor is a must!

What is the best per u currently have?
I am willing to give u advice on gear based on your budget as well, although I am sure Dex Scene will do just as good if not better job ;)

P.S. decent gear is very affordable those days. The only thing that really costs u are the gems/jewels. At this point though and unless u are getting the best of the best, using lower tier jewels is your best option, as they offer great flexibility in terms off upgrade-ability.
Okay, currently I don't have that much gold. I stash all my gold into stash, much like a bank, and take some out a time if I really need it (for potions). But I have 59,031 gold in my stash at the moment.
And my per...? If you mean pet, my best pet is Fantasma, who is on level 30, almost 31.

Jazzi
12-13-2015, 08:35 AM
Okay, currently I don't have that much gold. I stash all my gold into stash, much like a bank, and take some out a time if I really need it (for potions). But I have 59,031 gold in my stash at the moment.
And my per...? If you mean pet, my best pet is Fantasma, who is on level 30, almost 31.

Fanta is an ok pet, which gives very good stats. The aa is a bit useless but u should not worry about that for now.
Do u have a lepre?
If u do start farming locked in km3 (use luck lix + lepre) until u get to about 500 k. The thing is that the best legendary lvl 46 gear is about 250 k, but the +3 finesse jewels for 10 sockets are another 450 k (yes, a very bad design by the game developers)
Wait for the winter event next week. People will open locked. Try to get a mythic belt first. (After acquiring wicked potency helm and armour if u don't have them). The rengol bows will become cheaper too

P.S. I used to hook up people in your situation with some gear, but literally every single one of those people sold the gear to buy some vanity ;)

Att
12-13-2015, 02:49 PM
Best pet slobber get it