PDA

View Full Version : PC Version?

vulgarstrike
06-08-2011, 07:33 PM
October 4, 2010

Could you possibly give me an approximate month, season, or year Pocket Legends is expected to come to a PC? Would it be a flash based web game, or a downloadable? I would REALLY like to know at least this year or next year, maybe even the season, or possibly the month. Thanks!

We're thinking Christmas.

Lol.
Experia.

Still want this really badly Justg!! :D

Arterra
06-08-2011, 07:35 PM
lol! he meant this Christmas ;)

Otukura
06-08-2011, 07:38 PM
I hope they delay it indefinitely :/

September is too close!

davidis57
06-08-2011, 08:38 PM
PC players would have a bandwidth advantage over mobile users. For that reason I hope never.

Kraze
06-09-2011, 06:18 AM
He said christmas....didn't specify which one

Arterra
06-09-2011, 06:26 AM
PC players would have a bandwidth advantage over mobile users. For that reason I hope never.

well that is unfair :/ you have been playing normally on your phone, why deny others easier playing?
if you have a terrible connection and cant pvp, then you have other problems.

Redbridge
06-09-2011, 06:34 AM
Think they said by the end of this fall in a recent interview, didn't they?

joeychandler
06-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Not sure why you'd want this game on a PC, there's a reason it's called pocket legends

Register
06-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Not sure why you'd want this game on a PC, there's a reason it's called pocket legends

Yep that kind of ruins the concept. Its that you can play anywhere. One thing that could severely damage a pc version would be botters. RS has em and it kills the game for real players. botters use a program to automatically do things on a game. They could be afk and still get xp or gold.

Arterra
06-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Yep that kind of ruins the concept. Its that you can play anywhere. One thing that could severely damage a pc version would be botters. RS has em and it kills the game for real players. botters use a program to automatically do things on a game. They could be afk and still get xp or gold.

One thing they could/should do is make the PC version it's own server/world for maybe 2 months, then hitting community. Might help find methods of fighting it without making the entire community lose out.

Mkcecil
06-09-2011, 03:49 PM
I agree with this, if there is botters it will mess up the economy and ruin the prices for items plus I would have to deal with stupid spam of stuff like:
Selling gold cheap www . goldsellers_are_stupid . com or something horrible like that ... but on a serious note, I think the idea of PC (Pocket Legends) would be a bad idea i think...

Kraze
06-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Eh the devs are really proactive in closing exploits (see victory lap shdows for example) just have to trust they will do thier due diligence if pl goes to pc

ratava
06-09-2011, 05:04 PM
I agree with this, if there is botters it will mess up the economy and ruin the prices for items plus I would have to deal with stupid spam of stuff like:
Selling gold cheap www . goldsellers_are_stupid . com or something horrible like that ... but on a serious note, I think the idea of PC (Pocket Legends) would be a bad idea i think...

I'd like a pc client but your eg's totally hit the nail on the head with gold farmers/bots and worse... :( Eg Exchange rate between $ to Yuan 1:6.5 is too good and ppl are lazy enough to buy (ironically a lot of gold selling started/owned in US). Just one eg.

From Interview:

Gary: Sure, so we play in house on a PC client right now, and our engine was originally Pc based... There’s a whole host of other issues that arise when you bring a PC client in, including botting and IP address spoofing and the ability to ban ne'er-do-well from the game. On the mobile side of things we have a unique device ID so that we pretty aggressively moderate our game because a lot of kids play and as a result we ban a lot of people that act like jerks and a lot of those guys don’t like that. And they’ll come back and cause as much trouble as they possibly can and on the PC that problem is just exacerbated. So, there’s some legwork that we need to do. If I had to guess roughly when we got Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles coming out very soon which we may or may not talk about and after Star Legends comes out than probably early fall we’re going to be looking to get our PC client out. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?29-Transcript-of-iGames-Chat-with-Gary-Gattis-Pocket-Legends-Star-Legends-amp-Beyond)

davidis57
06-09-2011, 05:53 PM
well that is unfair :/ you have been playing normally on your phone, why deny others easier playing?
if you have a terrible connection and cant pvp, then you have other problems.

I could care less about pvp. I don't pvp if I did I would play L2. I happen to be retired living in the Philippines. I don't have a PC and I would not go to a cafe to play a game that was designed for a phone. You put this game on a PC there is nothing special about it. On a PC it would be very average.

Whirlzap
06-09-2011, 07:17 PM
I don't think Computer Legends is that catchy...
Maybe Furry Tales?

Ishadowera
06-09-2011, 08:41 PM
You guys make good points, but im still excited that theres a possibility of a pc release despite the title of the game, my laptop cant fit in my pocket but will still be used to play pocket legends on the go haha so i say go for it, if we get spammers n such we have to let the devs handle them.

Register
06-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Another example of how botters mess up just about every mmo is how they tank prices. Merchanting bots messed up prices sometimes making them skyrocket 1m. Then those botters who fish all the time tanked the swordfish and all members fish so they are worth just about nothing. I like the idea of a PC version but lets face it, there will be botters, scammers, macroers, and all of those crummy things we dont want. and like i said earlier it ruins the concept of Pocket Legends. I like this as a Pocket game and it should stay.

Kraze
06-09-2011, 10:07 PM
I do love how portable the game is however it would be way easier to grind for extended period of time on the computer

vulgarstrike
06-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Another example of how botters mess up just about every mmo is how they tank prices. Merchanting bots messed up prices sometimes making them skyrocket 1m. Then those botters who fish all the time tanked the swordfish and all members fish so they are worth just about nothing. I like the idea of a PC version but lets face it, there will be botters, scammers, macroers, and all of those crummy things we dont want. and like i said earlier it ruins the concept of Pocket Legends. I like this as a Pocket game and it should stay.

lol runes ape.

Slush
06-09-2011, 10:47 PM
When did JustG post that?

patriksvensson
06-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Well i would say that its easier to hack on a computer than it is on a phone. Sooooo i would say bad idea to make it at pc.

flyingscv
06-10-2011, 04:18 AM
i remember how hackers ruined r.o.s.e online and how hackers replicated the entire game . even supposedly sophisticated developers can fal victim to hacking. i hope this doesn't happen if PL moves online to pc.

Pharcyde
06-10-2011, 03:47 PM

Dido

SkYLoC
06-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Yeah for the love of god don't take it to pc..or make pc only servers..this game doesn't need to be ruined.