PDA

View Full Version : Question about GK's Totem

Snakespeare
06-09-2011, 10:43 AM
I thought I undertsood it. You fight GK and, when his totem goes green, you destroy his totem. Because if you don't destroy his totem, he gets his hp restored.

Frequently when I am in a party and we destroy his totem, we get stunned and he gets all his hit points back anyway. It's infuriating.

Can anyone explain this, please? I must not understand it.

Sky../
06-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Did you manage to kill the totem fast?

Duke
06-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Did you happen to push GK away beyond his leash by accident?

kallima
06-09-2011, 11:44 AM
I experience same Snake, I think it is glitch, it doesn't happen often but it does still happen.

Ellyidol
06-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Same here, noticed it more frequently now that gold elixirs do less and more costly.

My guess, the actual "point of healing" is time based. So you kill the tontem fast enough and completely or he heals, even if it seems like you "destroyed it".

So it heals after X seconds, and after the X seconds activates, even if you kill the totem within that time, it still heals.

Ayc2000
06-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Who is gk?

kallima
06-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Goblin king :)

Orcish
06-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Yeah this has happend to me as well. Graphically the totem gets destroyed, but the heal is still in effect 1-2 seconds later. This glitch really deserves some syncing by the devs.

Snakespeare
06-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Thanks. People seem to be in agreement. So even though it appears that we destroyed the totem, we didn't actually destroy it in the time required?

I'll keep count the next few times and see if I can figure out the time required.

Snakespeare
06-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Did you happen to push GK away beyond his leash by accident?

Hey there, Duke! LTNS. Are you actively here again hoping for news of Blackstar's release? It's been a long wait...

Nah, it's not the leash. I know about that. I think the others are right that the totem isn't accurately indicating it's status. If we don't destroy it in time, it should go back to full. Instead, it appears that it continues to go down in points and even appears to be destroyed, but it wasn't really done in time.

Kraze
06-09-2011, 04:22 PM
In the groups I normally play in we just ignore the totem and focus on dropping GK as fast as we can. For the most part it isn't really an issue.

Otukura
06-09-2011, 04:23 PM
In the groups I normally play in we just ignore the totem and focus on dropping GK as fast as we can. For the most part it isn't really an issue.

This, ever since the -40% hp nerf of it, stray AOE spells can normally do the trick.